The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 375Likes

post #3721 of 3725 Old 03-21-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiee View Post
Hi chriscmore, a few questions for when you get a moment pls.

Proscenium motorised masking. It looks great and there's one thing that would likely convince me to start saving for one. How does the electric masking work alongside the magnetic masks - does it slide under them? If so, would it be possible to have the magnetic masks take a 150" 16:9 screen down to scope, then have the electric masks take that back to a smaller 16:9? I'm after a solution for variable aspect movies.

Re. Center Stage XD - does the size of the screen have any influence on how visible the weave is? I'm guessing not, but would like some assurance. Everything I've read suggests 11' or over is fine and we'd be watching at 12' at either 130"-140" wide scope, or 150" 16:9.

Cheers!
The optional magnetic masking panels fit in front of the motorized masks, inside the edge of the velvet fascia. In theory we can do what you're asking for, but it'd be a first. Normally we're providing the magnetic panels in a Proscenium build to get 1.33 or do an inexpensive 4-way system.

The visibility of the XD texture is just a function of viewing distance and one's personal acuity to it. The general consensus is about 11', but we have both happy customers at 8' and people who can see it at 14'. To determine if you're good at 12', I'd suggest a sample. If it were me, I'd go with UF at 12'.

Cheers,
Chris
Low Profile and howiee like this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3725 Old 03-22-2019, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
The optional magnetic masking panels fit in front of the motorized masks, inside the edge of the velvet fascia. In theory we can do what you're asking for, but it'd be a first. Normally we're providing the magnetic panels in a Proscenium build to get 1.33 or do an inexpensive 4-way system.

The visibility of the XD texture is just a function of viewing distance and one's personal acuity to it. The general consensus is about 11', but we have both happy customers at 8' and people who can see it at 14'. To determine if you're good at 12', I'd suggest a sample. If it were me, I'd go with UF at 12'.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks, Chris. Much appreciated! If we go with the screen size we want, we're right at the cusp re. brightness, so would want the gain. Samples sound like a sensible plan.

I'll bear that in mind re. the Proscenium. It seems the best of all worlds to me - CIH with the option for variable imax (or just massive 19:9 for giggles )

All the best.
post #3723 of 3725 Old 04-07-2019, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone seen the Glacier White PS material in the wild? I can't see a neutral gain screen on the website and this looks like Seymour's non AT white option. If so, any sheen at all? I'm torn between two room configurations - one that has room for an false wall/AT screen and one that doesn't - and want to stick with Seymour for their masking options. I notice the sheen on Studiotech 130 material and wouldn't want that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3724 of 3725 Old 04-19-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello - Just stumbled across these screens on the Epson 5050 board. Was just about to pull the trigger on a Silver Ticket 135" Woven Acoustic.

Don't know if I can get a good unbiased answer here but will try - is there or would I notice a big step up in paying for a $1500 Seymour screen versus a $500 Silver ticket screen?

Room is pretty dark but we only use the projector at night time, so it's totally dark by then.

Epson 5050 projector will be set up 15-16' away from the screen, which would go in approximately the black rectangle as pictured.

More choices to paralyze my decision making - thanks for any help and suggestions.

Behind is a white wall and white cabinets as you can see, so was considering the added black. Current screen is 90"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2588.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	2555594  
post #3725 of 3725 Old 04-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I love my Seymour XD AT 130” 2.35 screen! Worth every penny.
chriscmore likes this.

Klipsch Rocks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page