The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 426Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3781 of 3803 Old 08-28-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
If anyone is going to CEDIA, please come visit us in Sound Room 10. This is our 13th year exhibiting at CEDIA, returning to the city where we started, Denver. We'll be showing off a (for a sound room) massive 160"w (176"d) 2.2 ratio, Enlightor-Neo fixed screen. Our partner Audio Excellence will be providing their 7.2.4 system and Wolf Cinema showing off a new 10,000 lumen UHD DLP projector. Other partners include Kaleidescape, Storm Audio, and Auralex. Outside the booth we'll be showing off the new, largest size of the three motorized masking screens: the Adjustable Ratio Theater (ART). This brings motorized masking for screens up to 20' high and around 40' wide, down to 4:3 ratio, and all the audio and video benefits that come with our Enlightor materials. It might have also been named for a discriminating home theater AVSer, too.

We have a lot of other incredible demos going on with other partners as well:

* Sound Room 4: Klipsch. They have new architectural lines coming out.
* Sound Room 9: PMC. They were voted AVS Best of CEDIA, I think last year.
* Sound Room 19: Trinnov / Triad / HTE, showing off our mid-sized TAM maskig screen. HTE used to build those Wisdom Rooms that are incredible. Fully fabricated from strongly engineered panels in Europe and shipped to here. It feels like someone's home. It's jarring the difference in aesthetics, acoustics and personal experience they provide you stepping from the trade show floor.
* Booth 2549: Kaleidescape, showing off our small-sized TRIM masking screen and their automation capabilities.
* Meeting Room 401: Wisdom Audio, showing off a massive fixed frame. If anyone remembers their large-scale demo in 2013, Gary Reber from Widescreen Review said it was the most impressive large-scale home theater demo he's ever witnessed. If you missed out on that, you don't want to miss this. So far it's adding up to $863,570 worth of some of the best kit you can experience. From their press release:

This twenty-seat, three-row theater will feature a 13.7.8 Immersive audio presentation using the
bi-amplified Wisdom Audio LS4i Reference Planar Magnetic Driver Line Source Loudspeaker
for all thirteen layer-one channels. In addition to the LS4i, the system includes eight Sage Series
Point 2 V2 Point Source Loudspeakers for height channels, and seven STS RTL (Regenerative
Transmission Line®) Subwoofers.

The Front LCR and Subwoofers will be driven by Wisdom Audio SA-3 500 Watt per channel
amplifiers, while all other channels will be supported by Wisdom Audio’s new SA-8, a high
current eight-channel power amplifier, 200 Watt per channel, delivering a combined 20,000
(yes, twenty thousand!) Watts of power. Two SC-3 System controllers will allow 28 channel of
Dirac live room correction.

Kaleidescape 4K player will provide a scripted 4K content to a Trinnov Altitude 32 to render 22
channels of audio. Rounding the demonstration, a Barco Loki native widescreen 4K video
projector paired with a Seymour Screen Excellence 230-inch wide (250" diagonal) 2.4:1 acoustically transparent video screen.


If anyone needs a show pass, let me know. The booth babe slots are filling up fast, though.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3782 of 3803 Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
The Glacier screens are still Lambertian...

Cheers,
Chris
I did reach out to Jon. While I'm waiting to hear from him, I appreciate your insight. Do you think I could go up to a 120" wide screen (137ish diagonal) and go with the gray screen? Or would you recommend white at that point? I hung the projector last night and it's projecting onto a flat black wall and the image isn't horrible with the ceiling cans on so I'm thinking maybe gray...but you make the screens so I figured whatever you recommend is the way I'll go. Here's a pic of 120" wide on my wall. I'm still building out the room so please ignore the tables full of tools, etc. I'm also building the media console so I can adjust the dimensions to whatever I need so that isn't an issue. I have Klipsch RF7 III towers that will go in the front corners so this leaves plenty of room for them.

Thank you again for your time and insight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1111.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2608942  
Iceberg62 is offline  
post #3783 of 3803 Old 09-03-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg62 View Post
I did reach out to Jon. While I'm waiting to hear from him, I appreciate your insight. Do you think I could go up to a 120" wide screen (137ish diagonal) and go with the gray screen? Or would you recommend white at that point? I hung the projector last night and it's projecting onto a flat black wall and the image isn't horrible with the ceiling cans on so I'm thinking maybe gray...but you make the screens so I figured whatever you recommend is the way I'll go. Here's a pic of 120" wide on my wall. I'm still building out the room so please ignore the tables full of tools, etc. I'm also building the media console so I can adjust the dimensions to whatever I need so that isn't an issue. I have Klipsch RF7 III towers that will go in the front corners so this leaves plenty of room for them.

Thank you again for your time and insight.
Some personal preference is at hand, whether you're a bigger fan of hotter whites or deeper blacks. I tend to require as dark a black floor as possible, so if it were me with that projector, I'd stay with the gray screen. I think it would result in the most dynamic looking image, considering the reflective bits in the room and projector power. There are others that like torching their eyes, so I'd vote white for them.

I like to remind people that HDR is not a brightness format. It's a dynamic one, and the most dynamic images start with the darkest blacks. Here is a link from Kris Deering, explaining as such:

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3784 of 3803 Old 09-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I ordered samples that should be here shortly so that should help me decide. Thank you again for the insight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iceberg62 is offline  
post #3785 of 3803 Old 09-06-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
We're expanding and finding all kinds of screens that are boxed up waiting for new homes. Check out the B Stock Basement, there are quite a few oddballs and smoking deals to be had. http://www.seymourav.com/store.asp

Cheers,
Chris
bigbadbob and feistyacorn like this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3786 of 3803 Old 09-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Member
 
vp4lifehva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am thinking about purchasing a 2.39:1 retractable screen and wall mount it over my current 16:9 fixed screen. Worst case scenario, will a having a ceiling fan on full speed cause any noticeable movement to the screen?
vp4lifehva is online now  
post #3787 of 3803 Old 09-07-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
We're expanding and finding all kinds of screens that are boxed up waiting for new homes. Check out the B Stock Basement, there are quite a few oddballs and smoking deals to be had. http://www.seymourav.com/store.asp

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris, do u ship to Canada?

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is online now  
post #3788 of 3803 Old 09-07-2019, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Hi Chris, do u ship to Canada?
We do. The shipping is a tad bit more, but let Jon know what you're interested in, and your postal code, and he can do some math.

Cheers,
Chris
asharma likes this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3789 of 3803 Old 09-07-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp4lifehva View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a 2.39:1 retractable screen and wall mount it over my current 16:9 fixed screen. Worst case scenario, will a having a ceiling fan on full speed cause any noticeable movement to the screen?
I can't imagine, no. It's so heavy that if you can possibly move it with a ceiling fan, it'd be terrible acoustically: like a rotary diffuser. I've never been bothered by ceiling fan acoustics, although I wouldn't run one in a home theater and I have friends that go nuts when any music is playing and they're on.

Cheers,
Chris
asharma likes this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3790 of 3803 Old 09-07-2019, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
I can't imagine, no. It's so heavy that if you can possibly move it with a ceiling fan, it'd be terrible acoustically: like a rotary diffuser. I've never been bothered by ceiling fan acoustics, although I wouldn't run one in a home theater and I have friends that go nuts when any music is playing and they're on.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks Chris, Any visible roller marks from ANY distance on your tab tensioned electric?

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is online now  
post #3791 of 3803 Old 09-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 43
UF or XD; CIH or CIW?

Have an Epson 6050 with a 16'-6" throw giving me a max width of 147" as shown in the picture. Viewing distance is 11'. Ceiling is 10' and soffit is about 9'. Wall width is 21'. Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD as well as CIH or CIW. The scope screen will be the same size either way as outlined in white. The question is do I go for the full 16:9 in green at 147x83 or the reduced 16:9 as shown in blue (110x62).

On the wall, we've watched the full-size 16:9 for about an hours worth of Planet Earth II two different times, size seems OK. Guess I should try out some sports. I can raise the screen several inches from what's shown for better viewing from the second row. Maybe lower 1' blocked from back row in full 16:9.

Given the dark gray Sherwin-Williams 6257 Gilbralter flat walls, do I need the black backing? I'll take the gloss speaker grills off the LCRs. As far as the blocker panels, I'm not keen on messing with them, and if I did top & bottom, they'll be pretty big, but would stay up most of the time. Most use will be movies, but some sports. Thanks for any input.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Size Lines.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	2613106  

Epson Pro Cinema 6050 Projector, Screen TBD, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 Blu-ray, Oppo DV-981HD, Harmony Elite Remote
BIC2 is offline  
post #3792 of 3803 Old 09-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Low Profile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
Have an Epson 6050 with a 16'-6" throw giving me a max width of 147" as shown in the picture. Viewing distance is 11'. Ceiling is 10' and soffit is about 9'. Wall width is 21'. Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD as well as CIH or CIW. The scope screen will be the same size either way as outlined in white. The question is do I go for the full 16:9 in green at 147x83 or the reduced 16:9 as shown in blue (110x62).

On the wall, we've watched the full-size 16:9 for about an hours worth of Planet Earth II two different times, size seems OK. Guess I should try out some sports. I can raise the screen several inches from what's shown for better viewing from the second row. Maybe lower 1' blocked from back row in full 16:9.

Given the dark gray Sherwin-Williams 6257 Gilbralter flat walls, do I need the black backing? I'll take the gloss speaker grills off the LCRs. As far as the blocker panels, I'm not keen on messing with them, and if I did top & bottom, they'll be pretty big, but would stay up most of the time. Most use will be movies, but some sports. Thanks for any input.

Spoiler!
Why not the best of both worlds? Perhaps go 1.78:1 adding their magnetic horizontal masking panels above and below. Keep the masking panels in place for a CIH setup. For those times that you want to increase the size of 1.78:1 content and aspect ratios south of that just remove the panels. In fact, you could even add vertical masking panels to the mix then, i.e. masking in from 1.78:1 to 1.33:1 for example.

Last edited by Low Profile; 09-10-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Low Profile is offline  
post #3793 of 3803 Old 09-10-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,525
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
Have an Epson 6050 with a 16'-6" throw giving me a max width of 147" as shown in the picture. Viewing distance is 11'. Ceiling is 10' and soffit is about 9'. Wall width is 21'. Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD as well as CIH or CIW. The scope screen will be the same size either way as outlined in white. The question is do I go for the full 16:9 in green at 147x83 or the reduced 16:9 as shown in blue (110x62).

On the wall, we've watched the full-size 16:9 for about an hours worth of Planet Earth II two different times, size seems OK. Guess I should try out some sports. I can raise the screen several inches from what's shown for better viewing from the second row. Maybe lower 1' blocked from back row in full 16:9.

Given the dark gray Sherwin-Williams 6257 Gilbralter flat walls, do I need the black backing? I'll take the gloss speaker grills off the LCRs. As far as the blocker panels, I'm not keen on messing with them, and if I did top & bottom, they'll be pretty big, but would stay up most of the time. Most use will be movies, but some sports. Thanks for any input.

Have you been reclined when watching the 16:9 in green at 147x83 screen? Make sure when you are reclined your feet aren't in the way of the bottom of the screen. I remember @carp talking about this on his screen. You ought to check it out. His screen is 147 inches wide, 61 inches tall, and 158 inches diagonal at 2.35:1. The formula I have been using for screen height to distance is to either divide the seating distance by 2 to 2.25. At 11'/2=66" in height and would give you a 170" 2.35:1, so 156" wide by 66" tall. Here is a calculator I use to compare screen sizes.

http://www.displaywars.com/170-inch-...5,77-inch-16x9
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2613552  

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is online now  
post #3794 of 3803 Old 09-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD. Apparently, over/under 11 ft is a determining factor. I'm right at 11 ft. With an Epson 6050, doing a 147" wide CIW 16:9, 16'-6" throw. Two rows of 5 seats across is also about 147" wide. According to Projector Central calculator, the UF (1.0 gain) will give me 31 fL and the XD (1.2 gain) would give me 37fL.

The Seymour website has a pub called, AccuCal Screen Projection Material Report, that states about the UF, "This material would be best for 9 foot or greater viewing distance. At ten feet this material looked very good. Treble was 2 db down at 20 kHz compared to the level at 2 kHz. The black backing added another 1 db loss at 20 kHz. The audio response effect was a relatively smooth loss from 2kHz to 20kHz. This material is only recommended from 8 to 9 feet because of light loss." Also, the 2016 report lists the UF as 0.8 gain published & tested and the XD as 1.2 published & 0.94 tested. I think I want 1.0 gain. UF is currently published at 1.0.

The distance sounds contradictory unless they're saying just the black backing is recommended for 8 to 9 ft only. It's not clear.

The DIY XD cost is 40% more than the DIY UF. But, finished UF & XD frames are the same price on the website. This doesn't make sense to me.

I was hoping @chriscmore would respond to my Post 3791. I also emailed Jon a few days ago. Guess they're busy at CEDIA, but I'd like to get this thing ordered. Thanks.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050 Projector, Screen TBD, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 Blu-ray, Oppo DV-981HD, Harmony Elite Remote
BIC2 is offline  
post #3795 of 3803 Old 09-14-2019, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD. Apparently, over/under 11 ft is a determining factor. I'm right at 11 ft. With an Epson 6050, doing a 147" wide CIW 16:9, 16'-6" throw. Two rows of 5 seats across is also about 147" wide. According to Projector Central calculator, the UF (1.0 gain) will give me 31 fL and the XD (1.2 gain) would give me 37fL.

The Seymour website has a pub called, AccuCal Screen Projection Material Report, that states about the UF, "This material would be best for 9 foot or greater viewing distance. At ten feet this material looked very good. Treble was 2 db down at 20 kHz compared to the level at 2 kHz. The black backing added another 1 db loss at 20 kHz. The audio response effect was a relatively smooth loss from 2kHz to 20kHz. This material is only recommended from 8 to 9 feet because of light loss." Also, the 2016 report lists the UF as 0.8 gain published & tested and the XD as 1.2 published & 0.94 tested. I think I want 1.0 gain. UF is currently published at 1.0.

The distance sounds contradictory unless they're saying just the black backing is recommended for 8 to 9 ft only. It's not clear.

The DIY XD cost is 40% more than the DIY UF. But, finished UF & XD frames are the same price on the website. This doesn't make sense to me.

I was hoping @chriscmore would respond to my Post 3791. I also emailed Jon a few days ago. Guess they're busy at CEDIA, but I'd like to get this thing ordered. Thanks.
Yes they must be busy, I’ve been waiting for a quote for almost 2 weeks now...business must be good....

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is online now  
post #3796 of 3803 Old 09-14-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
Trying to decide between Center Screen UF & XD. Apparently, over/under 11 ft is a determining factor. I'm right at 11 ft. With an Epson 6050, doing a 147" wide CIW 16:9, 16'-6" throw. Two rows of 5 seats across is also about 147" wide. According to Projector Central calculator, the UF (1.0 gain) will give me 31 fL and the XD (1.2 gain) would give me 37fL.

The Seymour website has a pub called, AccuCal Screen Projection Material Report, that states about the UF, "This material would be best for 9 foot or greater viewing distance. At ten feet this material looked very good. Treble was 2 db down at 20 kHz compared to the level at 2 kHz. The black backing added another 1 db loss at 20 kHz. The audio response effect was a relatively smooth loss from 2kHz to 20kHz. This material is only recommended from 8 to 9 feet because of light loss." Also, the 2016 report lists the UF as 0.8 gain published & tested and the XD as 1.2 published & 0.94 tested. I think I want 1.0 gain. UF is currently published at 1.0.

The distance sounds contradictory unless they're saying just the black backing is recommended for 8 to 9 ft only. It's not clear.

The DIY XD cost is 40% more than the DIY UF. But, finished UF & XD frames are the same price on the website. This doesn't make sense to me.

I was hoping @chriscmore would respond to my Post 3791. I also emailed Jon a few days ago. Guess they're busy at CEDIA, but I'd like to get this thing ordered. Thanks.
Sorry for the delays. Jon and I are at CEDIA.

For 11' viewing, I would choose the smaller blue box, but increased just enough for the image area to completely cover your L/R. Maybe 114" wide? Since everything is made custom, you can specify whatever you like to the 0.1" resolution. We don't charge extra but simply round up to the next standard size. At 11', even the 110"w is a very immersive 45 degrees. I'd also definitely choose the UF since you have plenty of light power. Since the secondary black backing layer is a bit of money, the cheapest option would be to cover your wall with some black speaker grill material. Even though your paint is dark, paint is surprisingly reflective.

I'll try to hit more as I'm able.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3797 of 3803 Old 09-14-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 888
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Yes they must be busy, I’ve been waiting for a quote for almost 2 weeks now...business must be good....
Are you emailing with Jon or Jenna? If so, I can throw something at them. If you're waiting on me I'm sorry. I'm a bit blitzed and delinquent currently.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3798 of 3803 Old 09-14-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Are you emailing with Jon or Jenna? If so, I can throw something at them. If you're waiting on me I'm sorry. I'm a bit blitzed and delinquent currently.

Cheers,
Chris
Yep, Jenna has had all the info for a while now...

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is online now  
post #3799 of 3803 Old 09-14-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp4lifehva View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a 2.39:1 retractable screen and wall mount it over my current 16:9 fixed screen. Worst case scenario, will a having a ceiling fan on full speed cause any noticeable movement to the screen?
We have a ceiling fan in our HT, and even with the fan on high I can't see any movement on our screen. It's a Centerstage XD 2:35 105" wide retractable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Thanks Chris, Any visible roller marks from ANY distance on your tab tensioned electric?
None at all that we can see on ours.
asharma likes this.

JVC X750R Projector,Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, (Amps Only) Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Yamaha RX-Z1 (L&R Surround Channel Amp), Oppo BDP-103D BR, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 LD, Definitive Tech BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX F&R Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub.
StevenC56 is offline  
post #3800 of 3803 Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Krbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Just got a large roll of the XD off the classifieds. I was planning on a spandex screen and have a plan for a frame. What do you guys recommend for a diy frame for the XD? Could I just use the same plans I have for the spandex?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Krbass is online now  
post #3801 of 3803 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jedirun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krbass View Post
Just got a large roll of the XD off the classifieds. I was planning on a spandex screen and have a plan for a frame. What do you guys recommend for a diy frame for the XD? Could I just use the same plans I have for the spandex?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I used some 80/20 extruded aluminum along with grommets and O-rings. Just make sure you have internal braces as it takes a fair amount of tension to get it tight.
Jedirun is offline  
post #3802 of 3803 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Krbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirun View Post
I used some 80/20 extruded aluminum along with grommets and O-rings. Just make sure you have internal braces as it takes a fair amount of tension to get it tight.
I've been looking on the forums and found a few older threads that have all broken images. I'll check those out, about how many did you use all the way around?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Krbass is online now  
post #3803 of 3803 Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krbass View Post
Just got a large roll of the XD off the classifieds. I was planning on a spandex screen and have a plan for a frame. What do you guys recommend for a diy frame for the XD? Could I just use the same plans I have for the spandex?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
If your frame is wood the simplest solution is to staple the material in place. Others have used window screen track and spline so that it is more easily removed.
DavidK442 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off