The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 128 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 447Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3811 of 3841 Old 10-16-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiee View Post
Cheers for the report and i'm glad you're happy with the screen! That's a mean combo screen/pj combo. Do you mind sharing your primary viewing distance?
10.5 ft. He stated it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3812 of 3841 Old 10-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Member
 
howiee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
10.5 ft. He stated it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ah yeah, my bad.
howiee is online now  
post #3813 of 3841 Old 10-16-2019, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiee View Post
Ah yeah, my bad.
No worries. I have asked a ton of questions that have already been answered . I missed it the first time and was going to ask it myself but now before I ask my questions I read everything twice, sometimes three times .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rcsauvag and howiee like this.
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3814 of 3841 Old 10-17-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luminated67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
No worries. I have asked a ton of questions that have already been answered . I missed it the first time and was going to ask it myself but now before I ask my questions I read everything twice, sometimes three times .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
And even then we still miss it.
skylarlove1999 likes this.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
Luminated67 is offline  
post #3815 of 3841 Old 10-17-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbraden32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson 3 View Post
For the past few weeks I have been a proud owner of a 115" wide (125" diagonal) 2.40:1 XD screen with masking panels.

JVC NX7, Paladin DCR lens, throw distance of 16.5', dark fabric front wall, aged wood for sidewalls+ceiling.



I was one of those who used to ponder which acoustically transparent screen to get, or if the weave of the XD is more visible than the UF. I decided to just go for the XD as I wanted good peak brightness for HDR content and wasn't willing the take the hit of the lower gain UF material.



Regarding the weave visibility, for me it's noticeable especially at a few feet from the screen and gradually fades away nicely by my 10.5' viewing distance. If I wanted to obsess and look for it, I could focus on it and notice it at 20 feet away. Does it bother me? No, not at all. When I'm watching content it has never distracted me nor has it been mentioned by a single person who has visited my home theater in the past few weeks. (I believe it's a learned issue, less so an experienced one.)



Regarding the picture quality, best HDR and 3D I've ever seen in my life!



I've owned approximately 5 screens over the past decade and have a stack of samples from various manufacturers. At this point in time I feel this is THE best option for a balance of brightness, contrast, sharpness, acoustic transparency and $$$$. The other weave samples I used were far from color accurate and dim with lower contrast. I was really amazed with how deep the blacks are and how bright the brights are with such a good sounding screen. I'm VERY relieved I didn't go with the dimmer spandex or the microperf.



Thank you SeymourAV for the beautiful new screen! My home theater is FINALLY complete!

(My wife finally believes me when I say "it's complete!" because it just looks and sounds that amazing!)



ps. Jenna was very helpful and knowledgable as was Dan whom I spoke with when I decided to increase my screen size. Seymour truly creates great screens. As a business owner myself, I hope to see more American businesses continue to make great products on our home turf for all the years ahead!


Great info!! Been trying to decide on this exact decision out myself!! Almost same specs, just got my NX7 from Mike and have my samples hung on my black wall- just need to get a source hooked up to the JVC to shoot some sample images.

tbraden32 is online now  
post #3816 of 3841 Old 10-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Krbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I'm curious how the XD compares to spandex. I will have to do some testing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Krbass is online now  
post #3817 of 3841 Old 10-17-2019, 09:37 PM
Member
 
gil393's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I started with spandex and then moved to XD. XD is sharper, brighter, more neutral, more expensive. I found little audible difference. Testing showed slightly more high frequency rolloff with XD which was easily eq'd. Front row is 10-11'. Those with exceptional eyesight who know to look for the pattern, ie my daughter, must sit in the 2nd or 3rd row. No one else knows to notice it or, like me, can't see it even when looking.

If the money difference is important and you have sufficient lumens, or are sitting closer than 10' then spandex might be a good choice. Otherwise, I think XD is an excellent screen material.
Mike Johnson 3 and howiee like this.
gil393 is offline  
post #3818 of 3841 Old 10-18-2019, 01:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil393 View Post
I started with spandex and then moved to XD. XD is sharper, brighter, more neutral, more expensive. I found little audible difference. Testing showed slightly more high frequency rolloff with XD which was easily eq'd. Front row is 10-11'. Those with exceptional eyesight who know to look for the pattern, ie my daughter, must sit in the 2nd or 3rd row. No one else knows to notice it or, like me, can't see it even when looking.

If the money difference is important and you have sufficient lumens, or are sitting closer than 10' then spandex might be a good choice. Otherwise, I think XD is an excellent screen material.
An excellent comparison and pretty much bang on with my own observations.
Unfortunately I'm in that "less than 10 feet" category.
DavidK442 is online now  
post #3819 of 3841 Old 10-18-2019, 05:27 AM
Member
 
Mike Johnson 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
An excellent comparison and pretty much bang on with my own observations.
Unfortunately I'm in that "less than 10 feet" category.
After my experiences I couldn't live with anything other than the XD and I'd do anything to move my seating to whatever distance is comfortable. 10.5 was right on the mark for me.

In contrast to the ALR sparkle, even as a very picky person I'd consider the XD weave something I could live with if I were closer to the screen.

Though I can understand the spandex vs. UF debate, spandex is a complete no-go after you see what XD can do!

JVC NX7, Paladin DCR, 125" 2.40:1 Seymour Center Stage XD
(previous: JVC 540/790, Epson 5040UBe,+more)
Sony 75XZ9D, 75X900E, 65X850C, 800E, Panny 4K, Plasma, & more...
(Previous: 65" 930E, 940D, LG 65" C7, 65" 900E, Samsungs, etc...)
speakers: Dynaudio M1's, M3A's, BM15A's, NS10's, dozens of Bryston amps
Mike Johnson 3 is offline  
post #3820 of 3841 Old 10-18-2019, 05:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Krbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Yeah, I'll be 11' from a 122" screen. I have the spandex and the XD.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Mike Johnson 3 likes this.
Krbass is online now  
post #3821 of 3841 Old 10-23-2019, 11:37 PM
Senior Member
 
avsBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Does Seymour run Black Friday specials?
avsBuddy is online now  
post #3822 of 3841 Old 10-25-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy View Post
Does Seymour run Black Friday specials?
We don't, sorry. There are a ton of B-stock screens listed, however, so there are some good deals on admittedly odd screen types.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3823 of 3841 Old 11-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Imp117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson 3 View Post
For the past few weeks I have been a proud owner of a 115" wide (125" diagonal) 2.40:1 XD screen with masking panels.
JVC NX7, Paladin DCR lens, throw distance of 16.5', dark fabric front wall, aged wood for sidewalls+ceiling.

I was one of those who used to ponder which acoustically transparent screen to get, or if the weave of the XD is more visible than the UF. I decided to just go for the XD as I wanted good peak brightness for HDR content and wasn't willing the take the hit of the lower gain UF material.

Regarding the weave visibility, for me it's noticeable especially at a few feet from the screen and gradually fades away nicely by my 10.5' viewing distance. If I wanted to obsess and look for it, I could focus on it and notice it at 20 feet away. Does it bother me? No, not at all. When I'm watching content it has never distracted me nor has it been mentioned by a single person who has visited my home theater in the past few weeks. (I believe it's a learned issue, less so an experienced one.)

Regarding the picture quality, best HDR and 3D I've ever seen in my life!

This review has me fairly convinced of the direction I should take with very similar specs. I'll be building a 120" wide screen in 2.40:1 with the Premier frame. Online, the part number is "F120," but speced at 2.35:1.

I imagine a phone call got everything sorted, but were you able to simply state your preference to 2.40 aspect and Seymour took care of the rest with dimension calcs and properly matching masking panels?

Have you removed and refitted the masking panels a couple times to see how easy it was or how well they fit?

My viewing distance will be 11' and like you, I want all the gain possible. I first considered the UF but if I don't fixate on a constant white image, perhaps I won't notice the weave pattern of the XD.
Imp117 is offline  
post #3824 of 3841 Old 11-10-2019, 02:17 AM
Member
 
Mike Johnson 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp117 View Post
This review has me fairly convinced of the direction I should take with very similar specs. I'll be building a 120" wide screen in 2.40:1 with the Premier frame. Online, the part number is "F120," but speced at 2.35:1.

I imagine a phone call got everything sorted, but were you able to simply state your preference to 2.40 aspect and Seymour took care of the rest with dimension calcs and properly matching masking panels?

Have you removed and refitted the masking panels a couple times to see how easy it was or how well they fit?

My viewing distance will be 11' and like you, I want all the gain possible. I first considered the UF but if I don't fixate on a constant white image, perhaps I won't notice the weave pattern of the XD.
The phone call was essential as they could quickly build the quote with all of the correct details for my order. Previously, I had only briefly looked at the website options for frames.

The masking panels fit great! I've removed and reapplied them dozens of times and they magnetically suck into place perfectly every time. They've got the fitment down like clockwork.

Like you said about not fixating on a constant white image is exactly true. Watching content I've only noticed the weave a very few number of times, but I think the trick is that the pattern is throughout the screen and doesn't hit the mind as a "flaw" in the way that a vertical seem jumps out (as I've noticed at several commercial theaters). I do suppose my projector+lens combo is bright enough that the UF material would be bright enough in my room, but I still stand behind my great XD experiences thus far.

All in all I expect there are lots of happy Seymour customers as they surely deliver great screens!
chriscmore and skylarlove1999 like this.

JVC NX7, Paladin DCR, 125" 2.40:1 Seymour Center Stage XD
(previous: JVC 540/790, Epson 5040UBe,+more)
Sony 75XZ9D, 75X900E, 65X850C, 800E, Panny 4K, Plasma, & more...
(Previous: 65" 930E, 940D, LG 65" C7, 65" 900E, Samsungs, etc...)
speakers: Dynaudio M1's, M3A's, BM15A's, NS10's, dozens of Bryston amps
Mike Johnson 3 is offline  
post #3825 of 3841 Old 11-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arvada, Colorado (Denver area)
Posts: 721
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Should I go Matinee wide or Grey PS for 103" size in a non light-controlled room (basement) with a short-ish throw distance (~11 feet)? I can't find the price difference on the website and had planned on going with the precision frame. Projector is a bright Epson 3700 with plans to watch quite a few 3D movies. thanks!
Cla55clown is offline  
post #3826 of 3841 Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
avsBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Matinee Wide is a better screen that will give you better blacks and color. Make sure that you throw distance is at least x1.4 of the screen width.
avsBuddy is online now  
post #3827 of 3841 Old 11-15-2019, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post
Should I go Matinee wide or Grey PS for 103" size in a non light-controlled room (basement) with a short-ish throw distance (~11 feet)? I can't find the price difference on the website and had planned on going with the precision frame. Projector is a bright Epson 3700 with plans to watch quite a few 3D movies. thanks!
We don't price per materials (yet), so just pick the packaging type and go from there. For the Matinee materials we do as standard, however, only recommend the unspliced Precision frame, so it does cost more for the freight trip instead of short-box ground. They're more reflective and less forgiving of a spliced top/bottom frame. Some people get unspliced on our Lambertian/scatter type screens (Center Stage, Glacier), so it's not necessarily a cost adder per se.

For moderate light control, I would recommend the Matinee Wide over the Glacier Gray PS. The Matinee Wide is super smooth for the dedicated room purists like me who otherwise hate the look of amped-up reflective screens, but still helps a great deal with some room lighting and lighter color surfaces. I used it at a CES with white ceilings, ivory walls, and a few lights on. The Glacier Gray PS is what I'd consider if you said you DID have light control but still had light color surfaces in the room and pushing a really short throw or UST.

Cheers,
Chris
Cla55clown likes this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694

Last edited by chriscmore; 11-16-2019 at 10:01 AM.
chriscmore is offline  
post #3828 of 3841 Old 11-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Member
 
kungfuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Looking to build an AT screen for my new set up and came across xd screen which I’m nearly going to go ahead with. A couple questions which probably has been covered already but struggling to go through over 128 pages

My seating distance is 13 feet which I think is ok and I shouldn’t notice the weave pattern?
I seen enlightor 4k mentioned a few times here which is a more expensive screen material. Is the xd ok for 4k material?
kungfuman is offline  
post #3829 of 3841 Old 11-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Krbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Finger Lakes
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuman View Post
Looking to build an AT screen for my new set up and came across xd screen which I’m nearly going to go ahead with. A couple questions which probably has been covered already but struggling to go through over 128 pages



My seating distance is 13 feet which I think is ok and I shouldn’t notice the weave pattern?

I seen enlightor 4k mentioned a few times here which is a more expensive screen material. Is the xd ok for 4k material?
The XD @11' looks amazing to me. Screen is 122" using a jvc X790.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Krbass is online now  
post #3830 of 3841 Old 11-20-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuman View Post
Looking to build an AT screen for my new set up and came across xd screen which I’m nearly going to go ahead with. A couple questions which probably has been covered already but struggling to go through over 128 pages

My seating distance is 13 feet which I think is ok and I shouldn’t notice the weave pattern?
I seen enlightor 4k mentioned a few times here which is a more expensive screen material. Is the xd ok for 4k material?
Keep in mind we happily send out samples for folks to evaluate in their spaces, or to compare to other materials. At 13' you should be fine with the XD, or if you are pushing a smaller screen and don't need as much gain then the UF is designed for seating up to 6'. If you're going for a larger screen or otherwise stretching the output of your projector, then the XD would demonstrate its advantages.

The Enlightor-Neo is the latest material in the no-minimum-distance application. It's much more costly because it's imported, and available through the CEDIA dealers and installers. If you're doing your own installation, then the consumer-direct Seymour AV brand is where you should stay.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3831 of 3841 Old 11-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone
I am about to build my own frame with seymour centerstage uf material.
My speakers are recessed in a fake wall which I have covered with black cotton (except for the speakers of course! The xtz cinema speakers simply have the grilles on).
Now I think there will be about 1 or 2 inches of air behind the screen material and the black cotton „wall“.
Do I need any additional backing layer (just behind the screen material) to avoid unwanted reflections?
kafisatz is offline  
post #3832 of 3841 Old 11-30-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafisatz View Post
Hello everyone
I am about to build my own frame with seymour centerstage uf material.
My speakers are recessed in a fake wall which I have covered with black cotton (except for the speakers of course! The xtz cinema speakers simply have the grilles on).
Now I think there will be about 1 or 2 inches of air behind the screen material and the black cotton „wall“.
Do I need any additional backing layer (just behind the screen material) to avoid unwanted reflections?
The black cotton you installed onto your baffle wall will be fine for light absorption and you won't need a secondary black backing layer. If it's audio you're worried about, our woven AT screens are far more acoustically transparent than the 90% non-AT perfed vinyl screens, so you don't need to worry about absorbing back wave reflections. I would try to lose the speaker grills though if they have metal or plastic mesh in them.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3833 of 3841 Old 11-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you Chris. I think the grilles are fine (no metal or plastic except for the rim which not covering the drivers).
kafisatz is offline  
post #3834 of 3841 Old 12-01-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
elmalloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 115
How wide of a seymour screen can we motorize? I am interested in 2.35.

IN PROGRESS - Outdoor Theater:
Epson G7500U, Carl's Place CIH 21ft wide x 9ft screen

Game room:
Epson 5040UBE, Denon S920W, Philips BDP7501, NVidia Shield TV, PS4 Pro, SI 110"
elmalloc is online now  
post #3835 of 3841 Old 12-06-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post
How wide of a seymour screen can we motorize? I am interested in 2.35.
Assuming you mean retractable, I can build a caseless at about 160" wide image.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3836 of 3841 Old 12-06-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
elmalloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Assuming you mean retractable, I can build a caseless at about 160" wide image.

Cheers,
Chris
Great, thanks! Also, can I stuff some of your b-stock enlightor 4k material in there? (example: RF160HD-4K, Enlightor-4K with optional secondary black backing). Please PM me a price shipped to 44212.

Thanks,
ELmO

IN PROGRESS - Outdoor Theater:
Epson G7500U, Carl's Place CIH 21ft wide x 9ft screen

Game room:
Epson 5040UBE, Denon S920W, Philips BDP7501, NVidia Shield TV, PS4 Pro, SI 110"
elmalloc is online now  
post #3837 of 3841 Old 12-08-2019, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post
Great, thanks! Also, can I stuff some of your b-stock enlightor 4k material in there? (example: RF160HD-4K, Enlightor-4K with optional secondary black backing). Please PM me a price shipped to 44212.

Thanks,
ELmO
We don't make retractables with the Enlightor-4K material. It was too temperamental, which lead to several of the specifications in developing the Enlightor-Neo.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3838 of 3841 Old 12-09-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Check out this latest AVS Home Theater of the Month. What's unusual is that while he did so much DIY, he didn't scrimp where it counted, and hired one of the best in the industry to design it from scratch. All blacked out, active monitors, wow, so much science and best practices went into this one. It won't be splashed in the CE Pro type magazines, where light colored surfaces, splashy LEDs, windows and ceiling mounted front speakers dominate (groan), but to anyone who wants to know how to create maximum home theater performance, this is a prime example.
https://www.avsforum.com/home-theate...trast-theater/

Cheers,
Chris
Ericglo and howiee like this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #3839 of 3841 Old 12-09-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
StevenC56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Check out this latest AVS Home Theater of the Month. What's unusual is that while he did so much DIY, he didn't scrimp where it counted, and hired one of the best in the industry to design it from scratch. All blacked out, active monitors, wow, so much science and best practices went into this one. It won't be splashed in the CE Pro type magazines, where light colored surfaces, splashy LEDs, windows and ceiling mounted front speakers dominate (groan), but to anyone who wants to know how to create maximum home theater performance, this is a prime example.
https://www.avsforum.com/home-theate...trast-theater/

Cheers,
Chris
That's one big room! Makes my 19' X 12' x 10' room look like a closet.

JVC X750R Projector,Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, (Amps Only) Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Yamaha RX-Z1 (L&R Surround Channel Amp), Oppo BDP-103D BR, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 LD, Definitive Tech BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX F&R Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub.
StevenC56 is offline  
post #3840 of 3841 Old 12-11-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
elmalloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Check out this latest AVS Home Theater of the Month. What's unusual is that while he did so much DIY, he didn't scrimp where it counted, and hired one of the best in the industry to design it from scratch. All blacked out, active monitors, wow, so much science and best practices went into this one. It won't be splashed in the CE Pro type magazines, where light colored surfaces, splashy LEDs, windows and ceiling mounted front speakers dominate (groan), but to anyone who wants to know how to create maximum home theater performance, this is a prime example.
https://www.avsforum.com/home-theate...trast-theater/

Cheers,
Chris
Is it easy to hang a seymour screen frame like that (from cable?) I did it with another brand screen. I wonder if I could make something to pull it out of the way when not in use and drop it back into view at night. I have a nice view of my deck/water I'd like not to block from this room if possible (hence why I was looking into what motorized drop you could do).

Actually on closer inspection he is not hanging the screen from the ceiling at all, but my thought still exists lol.

IN PROGRESS - Outdoor Theater:
Epson G7500U, Carl's Place CIH 21ft wide x 9ft screen

Game room:
Epson 5040UBE, Denon S920W, Philips BDP7501, NVidia Shield TV, PS4 Pro, SI 110"
elmalloc is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off