The official SeymourAV center stage screen thread! - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 559Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4021 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Honey Brook Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
If the few extra degrees don't make much of a difference and the subs proximity to each other isn't a problem, then an 11 foot wide screen would be perfect. I think an 11 foot wide 2.39:1 screen would be perfect for the room (7 foot ceilings). As far as the masking panels, what does that normally add to the cost? You can PM me if you'd like. Just on the sides to transform the 2.39:1 screen to a 16:9 ratio.
About $350 to $400 . Well worth the investment IMHO. I do the opposite masking on my 120 inch 16x9 Seymour Glacier white screen. The panels really provide better perceived contrast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4022 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Blackdevil77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,887
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
If the few extra degrees don't make much of a difference and the subs proximity to each other isn't a problem, then an 11 foot wide screen would be perfect. I think an 11 foot wide 2.39:1 screen would be perfect for the room (7 foot ceilings). As far as the masking panels, what does that normally add to the cost? You can PM me if you'd like. Just on the sides to transform the 2.39:1 screen to a 16:9 ratio.
About $350 to $400 . Well worth the investment IMHO. I do the opposite masking on my 120 inch 16x9 Seymour Glacier white screen. The panels really provide better perceived contrast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s not bad. I’m assuming that’s for the magnet panels, not the motorized panels?
skylarlove1999 likes this.
Blackdevil77 is online now  
post #4023 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Honey Brook Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Yeah that’s not bad. I’m assuming that’s for the magnet panels, not the motorized panels?
Yes magnets LOL the motorized masking from Seymour is the most affordable in the industry but significantly more expensive than the manual masking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4024 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Blackdevil77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,887
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Yeah that’️s not bad. I’️m assuming that’️s for the magnet panels, not the motorized panels?
Yes magnets LOL the motorized masking from Seymour is the most affordable in the industry but significantly more expensive than the manual masking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Significantly more, I’m assuming that means it’s in the thousands lol. Magnets will do
skylarlove1999 likes this.
Blackdevil77 is online now  
post #4025 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Honey Brook Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Significantly more, I’m assuming that means it’s in the thousands lol. Magnets will do
Yes . You would be correct. If you look under Store on the Seymour website they do have demo screens for 50% to 70% off original MSRP. Obviously it is a challenge to find the size and material you are looking for, but if you are lucky enough to find a match the savings are extraordinary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #4026 of 4037 Old 04-26-2020, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Blackdevil77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,887
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Significantly more, I’️m assuming that means it’️s in the thousands lol. Magnets will do
Yes . You would be correct. If you look under Store on the Seymour website they do have demo screens for 50% to 70% off original MSRP. Obviously it is a challenge to find the size and material you are looking for, but if you are lucky enough to find a match the savings are extraordinary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just checked. The only screens they have in the aspect ratio I’m looking for are curved screens
Blackdevil77 is online now  
post #4027 of 4037 Old 04-28-2020, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
jaz50y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Retractable Drop Control?

The Seymour website says that drop on the retractable screens is "programmed at the factory". Does that mean there is no adjustment feature to fine-tune the final drop after the screen is in place?

Doug
jaz50y is offline  
post #4028 of 4037 Old 05-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
monstosity12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a Seymour av 1.3 screen.

Question regarding center of lens. I know it’s best to have center of lens at the top of the Viewing area of the screen. However, the projector can only be mounted with the center of the lens 3” inches lower from top of the viewing area of the screen.

Question. Is this going to be a big deal/issue? If it is I will have to figure something out

Thanks.

Last edited by monstosity12; 05-09-2020 at 05:29 PM.
monstosity12 is offline  
post #4029 of 4037 Old 05-12-2020, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz50y View Post
The Seymour website says that drop on the retractable screens is "programmed at the factory". Does that mean there is no adjustment feature to fine-tune the final drop after the screen is in place?
Sorry I missed answering your question. The motor does have adjustable limits that are accessible for you. Ideally, we'll build it exactly as you'd like it. Otherwise, if you tell us short (we build 6", you need 12"), you'll run out of material. We'll make it with about 4" more cable, tops. If you tell us long (we build 12", you need 6"), then we don't get to make sure everything is dialed in perfectly. You can adjust the tension cables too.

As every screen is custom made, feel free to specify whatever you want to the 0.1" resolution.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #4030 of 4037 Old 05-12-2020, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 View Post
I have a Seymour av 1.3 screen.

Question regarding center of lens. I know it’s best to have center of lens at the top of the Viewing area of the screen. However, the projector can only be mounted with the center of the lens 3” inches lower from top of the viewing area of the screen.

Question. Is this going to be a big deal/issue? If it is I will have to figure something out

Thanks.
It won't be a big deal. At CES we were showing it with a tabletop mounted Wolf projector, even shorter throw than we recommend. Of course, the longer your throw is the less it's an issue, too, since uniformity improves.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #4031 of 4037 Old 05-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 View Post
I have a Seymour av 1.3 screen.

Question regarding center of lens. I know it’s best to have center of lens at the top of the Viewing area of the screen. However, the projector can only be mounted with the center of the lens 3” inches lower from top of the viewing area of the screen.

Question. Is this going to be a big deal/issue? If it is I will have to figure something out

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
It won't be a big deal. At CES we were showing it with a tabletop mounted Wolf projector, even shorter throw than we recommend. Of course, the longer your throw is the less it's an issue, too, since uniformity improves.

Cheers,
Chris
If one has the choice, i.e., I have the Chief adjustable extension on my mount, what is best? I thought having projector centered on screen is ideal if an available option, which I have. I have it slightly higher than center for headroom & fan noise, but could bring it down to dead center. Epson 6050 throw is 16+ ft. Center Stage XD is 130" wide; 73" high; 16:9.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
BIC2 is offline  
post #4032 of 4037 Old 05-12-2020, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
If one has the choice, i.e., I have the Chief adjustable extension on my mount, what is best? I thought having projector centered on screen is ideal if an available option, which I have. I have it slightly higher than center for headroom & fan noise, but could bring it down to dead center. Epson 6050 throw is 16+ ft. Center Stage XD is 130" wide; 73" high; 16:9.
No, most projectors are designed for their geometry to be correct when placed about the frame height (upper if ceiling mounted, lower if table mounted). The XD is a Lambertian surface, so the angle of projection to the viewer won't matter like it would with angular reflective screens.

Cheers,
Chris
nathan_h likes this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #4033 of 4037 Old 05-21-2020, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 12,171
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1902
Hi all,

I am in the process of installing a 115" 2.35:1 screen with motorized masking. I received 2 remotes, 1 for the screen and another for the masking. Is anyone aware of a universal remote that can be programmed to accommodate both the screen and the masking functions? I need a new universal remote anyway, so ensuring I have this functionality is important. Thanks!

Craig

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System (Edited Feb. 2020 to add 4K and Atmos updates)
craig john is offline  
post #4034 of 4037 Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Bittermidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Hi all,

I am in the process of installing a 115" 2.35:1 screen with motorized masking. I received 2 remotes, 1 for the screen and another for the masking. Is anyone aware of a universal remote that can be programmed to accommodate both the screen and the masking functions? I need a new universal remote anyway, so ensuring I have this functionality is important. Thanks!

Craig
I'm pretty sure those remotes are RF, not infrared...at least the ones I have from Seymour use RF. My Logitech and hub cannot control the screen or masks. I would ask Seymour AV for a recommendation as I'm sure this question has come up with custom installers.

2-Channel: PrimaLuna EVO 400 tube preamp, Bluesound Node 2i, Topping D90 DAC Theater: JVC DLA-790, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1, Oppo UDP-203, NVIDIA Shield, Anthem AVM-60
Speakers: Selah Audio Illuminismo, SVS SB-16 Ultra (x2), Dayton RSS390 HF, Definitive technology surround and Atmos, miniDSP 2x4 HD Amplification: PS Audio BHK250 amplifier, D-Sonic M3a-2800 7-channel amplifier
Bittermidget is offline  
post #4035 of 4037 Old 05-21-2020, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 12,171
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
I'm pretty sure those remotes are RF, not infrared...at least the ones I have from Seymour use RF. My Logitech and hub cannot control the screen or masks. I would ask Seymour AV for a recommendation as I'm sure this question has come up with custom installers.
Hmmm... OK. Thanks!

Maybe @chriscmore will see this and pop in!

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System (Edited Feb. 2020 to add 4K and Atmos updates)
craig john is offline  
post #4036 of 4037 Old Today, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 12,171
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1902
I have installed my new Seymour AV screen. I've uploaded a bunch of pics to the "My System" post in my signature. Here's a direct link:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-wh...l#post59700360

I'm very happy with the new screen!

Craig
nathan_h and skylarlove1999 like this.

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System (Edited Feb. 2020 to add 4K and Atmos updates)
craig john is offline  
post #4037 of 4037 Old Today, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Honey Brook Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
I have installed my new Seymour AV screen. I've uploaded a bunch of pics to the "My System" post in my signature. Here's a direct link:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-wh...l#post59700360

I'm very happy with the new screen!

Craig
That is one sweet screen. Love the masking. Nice home theater. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Seymour Av

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off