TruVue Vango - Owner's Thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #961 of 1033 Old 11-19-2017, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Hey all. My cable box froze up semi-recently, and in the haste to get it all operational I just flipped the power switch to recycle everything only to find this broke my HDMI/HDCP connection that had been rock solid for the last year or two and now I can't get it back.

So my Vango is back to going through what appears to be a power cycle every time content gets displayed. I was able to get it to be solid for about an hour one night after a pretty extensive HDMI reset procedure but then it picked back up again.

On the other hand, I can send the Vango the menu from my receiver all day long without a hiccup.

I've seen hardware solutions like Dr. HDMI and wonder if this will solve my issues. Is there something cheaper I can put between my receiver and the projector that might help?

Or did anyone have similar issues? Mine started about a year after I got the projector when I redid all my cabling, and I usually eventually get it solid until I do something stupid like I did last month.

XBox: King Nuthin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 1033 Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Hey all. My cable box froze up semi-recently, and in the haste to get it all operational I just flipped the power switch to recycle everything only to find this broke my HDMI/HDCP connection that had been rock solid for the last year or two and now I can't get it back.

So my Vango is back to going through what appears to be a power cycle every time content gets displayed. I was able to get it to be solid for about an hour one night after a pretty extensive HDMI reset procedure but then it picked back up again.

On the other hand, I can send the Vango the menu from my receiver all day long without a hiccup.

I've seen hardware solutions like Dr. HDMI and wonder if this will solve my issues. Is there something cheaper I can put between my receiver and the projector that might help?

Or did anyone have similar issues? Mine started about a year after I got the projector when I redid all my cabling, and I usually eventually get it solid until I do something stupid like I did last month.

Try new HDMI cable?

Last edited by manoharshetty9; 11-23-2017 at 09:51 PM.
post #963 of 1033 Old 11-24-2017, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoharshetty9 View Post
Try new HDMI cable?
I've tried more than a few. I ordered the Dr. HDMI it was supposed to arrive earlier this week but should arrive tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #964 of 1033 Old 11-25-2017, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just following up - the Dr. HDMI arrived yesterday. I plugged it in, and despite one or two hiccups when first getting it set up (a channel change killed the cable input until I tinkered with it a bit, and selecting the proper EDID mode seemingly shut the projector down), I've had a rock solid connection across cable, Blu-ray and Firestick for the past ~24 hours without a single glitch.

There are way too many variables to determine precisely what caused the issues I was having but if this is the fix I can live with it because I had no intention of upgrading the theater any time soon.

post #965 of 1033 Old 11-27-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Just following up - the Dr. HDMI arrived yesterday. I plugged it in, and despite one or two hiccups when first getting it set up (a channel change killed the cable input until I tinkered with it a bit, and selecting the proper EDID mode seemingly shut the projector down), I've had a rock solid connection across cable, Blu-ray and Firestick for the past ~24 hours without a single glitch.

There are way too many variables to determine precisely what caused the issues I was having but if this is the fix I can live with it because I had no intention of upgrading the theater any time soon.
congratulations on solving the issue. Have fun.
post #966 of 1033 Old 04-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
To all Vango &/or Wolf DCL-200FD owners,

I acquired a faulty Wolf DCL-200FD LED Projector that I've now done some successful electronic repairs on.

There's an issue with the red & blue convergence - both out about a pixel or so (in opposite X & Y directions). I had to dissemble the light engine as part of the repair, & this may be a result of same.

I've read in this Vango Forum that the Wolf DCL-200FD & Vango are effectively the same unit.

Is anyone aware of any Convergence adjustments on the Main Board to correct this please?

If not, is it possible to correct this issues using mechanical adjustments on the Light Engine please?

If anyone is able to assist with a Service Manual for the Vango &/or Wolf DCL-200FD, this would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation for your reading & (hopefully) assistance,

Peter.
post #967 of 1033 Old 04-04-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petepa View Post
To all Vango &/or Wolf DCL-200FD owners,

I acquired a faulty Wolf DCL-200FD LED Projector that I've now done some successful electronic repairs on.

There's an issue with the red & blue convergence - both out about a pixel or so (in opposite X & Y directions). I had to dissemble the light engine as part of the repair, & this may be a result of same.

I've read in this Vango Forum that the Wolf DCL-200FD & Vango are effectively the same unit.

Is anyone aware of any Convergence adjustments on the Main Board to correct this please?

If not, is it possible to correct this issues using mechanical adjustments on the Light Engine please?

If anyone is able to assist with a Service Manual for the Vango &/or Wolf DCL-200FD, this would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation for your reading & (hopefully) assistance,

Peter.
Hi Peter,

The Vango has a single DMD chip so there can't be convergence issues with the imaging DMD Device(Mainboard).

Could you post some pictures of the problem you are describing?
post #968 of 1033 Old 04-05-2019, 12:30 AM

Hi manoharshetty9

Many thanks for your prompt response, as this thread has been dormant for a while!

I realise the Wolf & Vango are single chip DMD projectors, with separate RGB LED light sources feeding the chip, hence in theory there should be no convergence issues, certainly not with the DMD Mainboard.

Maybe what I'm seeing is due to optical alignment/lens issues.

I'll attach some images I've just taken of a Convergence Test Pattern (produced from the associated Wolf DCL-200FD Pro Scaler - "Fine Crosshatch" Terst Patter, HDMI 1 Input). They aren't as clear as I'd like hence my measurements below to assist:

My observations are as follows, maximum zoom, with accurate focus at centre of image. (NB: Blue is accurate & in centre of Test Pattern, & is reference for pixel displacements below):

Centre: RED: -1 pixel Vertical, OK Horizontal; GREEN: +1/2 pixel Vertical, OK Horizontal

Left Centre: RED: - 1 pixel Vertical, +1 pixel Horizontal; GREEN: Vertical OK, - 1 pixel Horizontal

Right Centre: RED: -1 pixel Vertical, -1 pixel Horizontal; GREEN: + 1 pixel Vertical, + 1/2 pixel Horizontal

At the corners of the image, the above errors are progressively greater, up to 2 pixels out of convergence, in the same directions.

Hopefully the above observations & associates pictures are a clue to the image problems.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Peter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Centre Convergence.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	2549140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle Left Convergence.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	2549142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle Right Convergence.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	2549144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Convergence Test Pattern.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	2549146  

Last edited by petepa; 04-05-2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Correction
post #969 of 1033 Old 04-05-2019, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
Hi manoharshetty9

Many thanks for your prompt response, as this thread has been dormant for a while!

I realise the Wolf & Vango are single chip DMD projectors, with separate RGB LED light sources feeding the chip, hence in theory there should be no convergence issues, certainly not with the DMD Mainboard.

I'll attach some images I've just taken of a Convergence Test Pattern (produced from the associated Wolf DCL-200FD Pro Scaler - "Fine Crosshatch" Terst Patter, HDMI 1 Input). They aren't as clear as I'd like hence my measurements below to assist:

My observations are as follows, maximum zoom, with accurate focus at centre of image. (NB: Blue is accurate & in centre of Test Pattern, & is reference for pixel displacements below):

Centre: RED: -1 pixel Vertical, OK Horizontal; GREEN: +1/2 pixel Vertical, OK Horizontal

Left Centre: RED: - 1 pixel Vertical, +1 pixel Horizontal; GREEN: Vertical OK, - 1 pixel Horizontal

Right Centre: RED: -1 pixel Vertical, -1 pixel Horizontal; GREEN: + 1 pixel Vertical, + 1/2 pixel Horizontal

At the corners of the image, the above errors are progressively greater, up to 2 pixels out of convergence, in the same directions.

Hopefully the above observations & associates pictures are a clue to the image problems.

Peter.

I believe what you're seeing there is some chromatic aberration.

It's a failure of a lens to focus all colors to the same point. It is caused by the refractive index of the lens elements varying with the wavelength of light and manifests itself as fringes of color along boundaries.

It's inherent to some degree in all lens assemblies with more expensive units having more correction.
post #970 of 1033 Old 04-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Hi manoharshetty9

Peter.
I think there maybe a solution to the problem if I could get a bit more information. Not a hundred % sure but you could give it a shot.

a. Did you have this problem before you disassembled the light engine? I mean was the image crisp/properly converged before and this is only after your repair attempt.

b. Which lens do you have(short throw or long throw) T1/T2. While disassembling the light engine did you also remove the lens from the lens holding mechanism (which I think is made of metal plate) which holds the projection lens in place.
post #971 of 1033 Old 04-05-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I think there maybe a solution to the problem if I could get a bit more information. Not a hundred % sure but you could give it a shot.

a. Did you have this problem before you disassembled the light engine? I mean was the image crisp/properly converged before and this is only after your repair attempt.

b. Which lens do you have(short throw or long throw) T1/T2. While disassembling the light engine did you also remove the lens from the lens holding mechanism (which I think is made of metal plate) which holds the projection lens in place.

Thanks manoharshetty9 & b curry for your responses.

The lens is the long throw 2.2 to 4.4:1 lens.

I did the electronics repair, then after testing, wasn't happy with the convergence, which was the same as the above observations & pictures.

I could see a reasonable amount of dust, etc looking into the lens, so removed the lens (from the lens mounting plate) to clean the inner end, & also removed the top of the light engine & carefully cleaned optical elements, being extremely careful not to disturb any optical elements.

I was disappointed to see on re-assembly & convergence test that there was no improvement, ie it was the same as previously.

Important information for you guys is that there was definitely no degradation in the convergence.

After reading your posts, I agree that the issue does appear to be an optical anomaly such as chromatic aberrations from the lens.

After examining the convergence test pattern again, I think there's supportive evidence of chromatic aberrations as follows:

RED: Vertical is - 1 pixel all over the image; Horizontal is -1 pixel in at both sides (this is not a convergence issue).

GREEN: Vertical is +1 pixel over all the image; Horizontal is +1 pixel in at both sides (this is not a convergence issue).

I'm aware of the 3 x Schiemflug screws (spring loaded: 2 at top & one at bottom left of the lens), but purposely haven't touched these (as yet), as realise they can be a can of worms, unless due care taken.

I'd be most appreciative of any further comments & advice you guys may have.

Thanks manoharshetty9 for your PM requesting my email address, so you can send a copy of the Vango Service Manual. I've also responded to you by PM, which I hope you've received, as I haven't as yet had an email from you.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best regards,

Peter.
post #972 of 1033 Old 04-05-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks manoharshetty9 & b curry for your responses.

The lens is the long throw 2.2 to 4.4:1 lens.

I did the electronics repair, then after testing, wasn't happy with the convergence, which was the same as the above observations & pictures.

I could see a reasonable amount of dust, etc looking into the lens, so removed the lens (from the lens mounting plate) to clean the inner end, & also removed the top of the light engine & carefully cleaned optical elements, being extremely careful not to disturb any optical elements.

I was disappointed to see on re-assembly & convergence test that there was no improvement, ie it was the same as previously.

Important information for you guys is that there was definitely no degradation in the convergence.

After reading your posts, I agree that the issue does appear to be an optical anomaly such as chromatic aberrations from the lens.

After examining the convergence test pattern again, I think there's supportive evidence of chromatic aberrations as follows:

RED: Vertical is - 1 pixel all over the image; Horizontal is -1 pixel in at both sides (this is not a convergence issue).

GREEN: Vertical is +1 pixel over all the image; Horizontal is +1 pixel in at both sides (this is not a convergence issue).

I'm aware of the 3 x Schiemflug screws (spring loaded: 2 at top & one at bottom left of the lens), but purposely haven't touched these (as yet), as realise they can be a can of worms, unless due care taken.

I'd be most appreciative of any further comments & advice you guys may have.

Thanks manoharshetty9 for your PM requesting my email address, so you can send a copy of the Vango Service Manual. I've also responded to you by PM, which I hope you've received, as I haven't as yet had an email from you.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best regards,

Peter.
Actually I was going to suggest making adjustments to the 3 x Schiemflug screws.

Sorry but I just checked and don't seem to have received your PM.

Please check your PM. Message sent.
post #973 of 1033 Old 04-06-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Actually I was going to suggest making adjustments to the 3 x Schiemflug screws.

Sorry but I just checked and don't seem to have received your PM.

Please check your PM. Message sent.

I emailed you yesterday, using the email info you sent in your PMs', & replaced ".......-at-hotmail.com" with "...... "@ hotmail . com - no spaces, all lower case - problems sending this PM with "links"!!) which was sent OK.

Since I haven't heard from you I've now re-sent the email.

Perhaps it's been put into your Hotmail Junk Mail folder...

I've received all x 4 PMs' your sent, but can't reply to same, hence by email.

Thanks for your assistance & persistence!

Best regards,

Peter.

Last edited by petepa; 04-06-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Correction to text
post #974 of 1033 Old 04-06-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I emailed you yesterday, using the email info you sent in your PMs', & replaced ".......-at-hotmail.com" with "...... "@ hotmail . com - no spaces, all lower case - problems sending this PM with "links"!!) which was sent OK.

Since I haven't heard from you I've now re-sent the email.

Perhaps it's been put into your Hotmail Junk Mail folder...

I've received all x 4 PMs' your sent, but can't reply to same, hence by email.

Thanks for your assistance & persistence!

Best regards,

Peter.
email sent.
post #975 of 1033 Old 09-04-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New Issue!

Hey Group, I'm having a new issue with my TruVue Vango and I'm hoping someone can help me solve. I'm not getting any image/light projected on the screen. When I turn on the machine, nothing is displayed - not even the welcome screen. It sounds like everything is turning on and running, but no light is being displayed on the screen. You can hear the projector actively making noises like it's displaying different images, but nothing is being displayed.

This first happened a few months ago. I unplugged it and let sit for about a month. I then decided to plug my laptop in directly to the projector via HDMI and it worked fine. I reconnected our satellite box and everything worked great for 24 hours. The next day I turned on the projector and the same issue presented again.

Any suggestions?
post #976 of 1033 Old 09-04-2019, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I was having issues with different sources that would work when plugged in direct. Seemed to be HDCP handshaking. I put the Dr. HDMI box in between and have a lot less issues. Occasionally I still have to flip the sources a few times to get a clean signal but no more dead screens (mine cycled like it was rebooting over and over). That's worked for the last two years for me but I'm about ready to upgrade to 4k, I just haven't found the projector that ticks all my boxes yet without paying close to twice what I paid for the Vango.

post #977 of 1033 Old 09-05-2019, 10:02 AM

Thanks CoreyM. It's worth a shot. I ordered one last night and should be here by tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens. I did email Tom Bond to see what he had to say. No response from him yet.
post #978 of 1033 Old 09-12-2019, 08:09 AM

Unfortunately, the Dr. HDMI didn't work. I'm not even able to get the home screen to display. I've attempted to unplug all inputs and just turn on the projector. Still, nothing is being projected. My next attempt is to open it up and confirm if everything is seated correctly. Any other suggestions? Oh, still no response from Tom Bond.
post #979 of 1033 Old 09-12-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Does the component input work on the Vango? If you have any older video players you can just check to see if it does. If successful, you can pick up converters pretty cheaply from Ebay or Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamin View Post
... I'm not getting any image/light projected on the screen. When I turn on the machine, nothing is displayed - not even the welcome screen. It sounds like everything is turning on and running, but no light is being displayed on the screen. You can hear the projector actively making noises like it's displaying different images, but nothing is being displayed.

Actually, thinking about what you said earlier, it doesn't sound like handshaking or related HDMI issue. Looking at the Manual they say:
No Picture means one of the following:
  • Remote control batteries have run out.
  • The selected input mode is wrong.
  • Cables may be incorrectly connected to the rear panel of the projector.
  • Power to the external connected device is off.
  • The video signal format of the video equipment is not set correctly.
You may want to try using the other HDMI port, but none of the other possibilities seem overly likely. If Tom Bond is no longer in business I'm not sure what else you could try.

Last edited by Hyrax; 09-12-2019 at 12:07 PM.
post #980 of 1033 Old 09-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Does the component input work on the Vango? If you have any older video players you can just check to see if it does. If successful, you can pick up converters pretty cheaply from Ebay or Amazon.

Actually, thinking about what you said earlier, it doesn't sound like handshaking or related HDMI issue. Looking at the Manual they say:
No Picture means one of the following:
  • Remote control batteries have run out.
  • The selected input mode is wrong.
  • Cables may be incorrectly connected to the rear panel of the projector.
  • Power to the external connected device is off.
  • The video signal format of the video equipment is not set correctly.
You may want to try using the other HDMI port, but none of the other possibilities seem overly likely. If Tom Bond is no longer in business I'm not sure what else you could try.
Thanks Hyrax,

I've removed all connections in the projector (except the power cable of course) and turned it on. I'm not getting any image. So that tells me it shouldn't be an input issue. I even turn off the machine via the remote by memory since I can't see anything on the screen (hitting the power button, then the right arrow, then enter). So I know the software component of the machine is working. In fact, when I do have my DirecTV connected to it, I can hear the projector making the typical sounds like its displaying like and dark frames/pictures.

Based upon your list of causes, I feel that the issue is "Cables may be incorrectly connected to the rear panel of the projector." I'll attempt to open it up and check connections this weekend.
post #981 of 1033 Old 09-14-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks to Pamin asking questions about the projector, I just started using my Vango again. I've been using a LCD TV for a couple of years mainly because it is so much brighter in the day time. I have to say the Vango produces a very good picture in a completely dark room. Instead of updating to an OLED TV (and worrying about burn in), I think I'll be very happy for a couple more years to use the Vango.
post #982 of 1033 Old 09-27-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Hey Group, I'm having a new issue with my TruVue Vango and I'm hoping someone can help me solve. I'm not getting any image/light projected on the screen. When I turn on the machine, nothing is displayed - not even the welcome screen. It sounds like everything is turning on and running, but no light is being displayed on the screen. You can hear the projector actively making noises like it's displaying different images, but nothing is being displayed.

This first happened a few months ago. I unplugged it and let sit for about a month. I then decided to plug my laptop in directly to the projector via HDMI and it worked fine. I reconnected our satellite box and everything worked great for 24 hours. The next day I turned on the projector and the same issue presented again.

Any suggestions?
The fact that you are not getting the welcome screen means that it is not an HDMI/Input issue. Input source image kicks in after the welcome screen.

What is the status of the LED indicator lights on the projector case?
post #983 of 1033 Old 09-27-2019, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The fact that you are not getting the welcome screen means that it is not an HDMI/Input issue. Input source image kicks in after the welcome screen.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking - the problem is not an input issue. As well as looking at the status of the LED indicator lights, you should see some light inside the box when it first starts up. It could be something simple like a corroded contact or something worse. There is a series of posts in this thread about someone needing to send their TruView Vango overseas to get it repaired.

If we've lost a way to contact Tom Bond, then one could contacting Entertainment Experience:
http://www.eecolor.com/contact-us/
post #984 of 1033 Old 09-28-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking - the problem is not an input issue. As well as looking at the status of the LED indicator lights, you should see some light inside the box when it first starts up. It could be something simple like a corroded contact or something worse. There is a series of posts in this thread about someone needing to send their TruView Vango overseas to get it repaired.

If we've lost a way to contact Tom Bond, then one could contacting Entertainment Experience:
http://www.eecolor.com/contact-us/
If the RGB LED lamps are failing to fire up then there should be some indication on the LED light indicators on the case as per the user manual. If no indication on the LED light indicators then the system seems to wrongly think that the RGB LED lamps are firing up.

As you said if there is light in the box when the projector first starts up then it means that the DLP DMD chip is not functioning and not reflecting the light onto the screen/lens. This means that the formatter board is not receiving power properly or the DMD is faulty. There could be a loose connection in the formatter board. Reseating the boards could help.

If possible, a factory system reset could be tried to solve the issue before trying anything surgical.

Last edited by manoharshetty9; 09-29-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #985 of 1033 Old 09-30-2019, 08:07 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I finally got a chance to open up the projector. I blew out the minimal dust in the radiator and disconnected and reconnected the wires going into the keypad board. Plug it all back in and bingo! So it working now. I'll continue to test over the next several weeks. Phew! I feel like I dodged a major bullet on this one.
post #986 of 1033 Old 09-30-2019, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you all for your responses. I finally got a chance to open up the projector. I blew out the minimal dust in the radiator and disconnected and reconnected the wires going into the keypad board. Plug it all back in and bingo! So it working now. I'll continue to test over the next several weeks. Phew! I feel like I dodged a major bullet on this one.

Great news! I also want to thank you for your posts. It got me to try the Vango again and I like it a lot. I do wish it were quieter, but it is glorious to have a 100 inch screen again.
post #987 of 1033 Old 09-30-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Great news! I also want to thank you for your posts. It got me to try the Vango again and I like it a lot. I do wish it were quieter, but it is glorious to have a 100 inch screen again.
Hyrax, great to hear! I know my family is excited to have movie nights back!
post #988 of 1033 Old 10-29-2019, 11:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi all,

I too am back and now with a problem. I have been having issue with my projector. I can usually thump on in a bit and it goes. I am having an issues which sounds similar to Pamin. The projector tries to start but can't get to the splash screen. It will try several times an finally shut off. It does not flash any identifiable codes.

I am thinking of taking it open and reseating the boards. I also have a spare input board and another that I don't remember the name but sits just below the input board. Tom Bond once had me change the spacers for the input board. I also sent the PJ to Tom under warranty once. I have been suspecting the interface between the two top boards as it seems to make sense that it is a expansion and contraction issue. It will work fine sometimes until it is hot and then shut down. Other times it will work fine all night and then not start up from cold.

I noted that someone mentioned sending the PJ to Taiwan to be fixed. I did that. I got a projector back with very poor workmanship. It had connectors that were not properly connected and he left a loose screw in the projector. The company has since restructured or has been purchased by someone else. Some of this was happening while my PJ was there. Plus in the whole thing, they would not give me credit for the boards they told me to purchase to fix my original problem when that was not the problem. (the reason I have the spares)

This weekend, I think i will reset some boards and connectors. I will clean the dust out as well. I hope I have the same outcome as Pamin.

I hope you are doing well Hyrax and manoharshetty9. It has been quite a while. Glad you are still here.

Kevin
post #989 of 1033 Old 10-30-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoKevin View Post
Hi all,

This weekend, I think i will reset some boards and connectors. I will clean the dust out as well. I hope I have the same outcome as Pamin.

I hope you are doing well Hyrax and manoharshetty9. It has been quite a while. Glad you are still here.

Kevin
Hi, Kevin.

Hopefully re-seating the boards will work. I used to make PC's back in the Pliocene epoch and I found that using a soft (white) eraser to clean the edge connectors on interface boards would often help solve contact problems. I believe there are chemical cleaners (like CRC QD Contact Cleaner) that do the same thing, but I've never used them.
post #990 of 1033 Old 10-30-2019, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I retired mine for an Epson LS10500 refurb last week. Thinking about donating it to my son's school, not sure what an acceptable write off would be.

Over the ~9 years I had the projector the buzzy/whiney sound bugged me more than anything and I am so glad it's gone with the Epson. It threw me off other LED projectors since apparently it wasn't unique to the Vango.

I upgraded my receiver in the process and oddly some of the other issues I had went away with a newer receiver. All in all it was an interesting run. Never worried about the lamp blowing up or casual use of the projector or even letting friends crash in the theater and watch movies all night long but definitely felt the effects of buying an off brand as a long term investment. Troubleshooting was always a bit of an adventure. Still great picture for the life of the projector and even in it's last days I wondered if I made the right call on the upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Stewart Firehawk G3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page