post #14401 of 14439 Old 05-17-2019, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
I ended up with both the Sony X800 and the Panasonic UB820. I thought I was going to replace my X800 with the UB820 but, in my case, I much prefer the X800 for standard Blu-ray or 3D discs but much prefer the UB820 for 4K discs.

The main reason I prefer the X800 for standard Blu-ray and 3D playback is that the X800 has a setting which sets the output resolution of the player based on the original resolution of the disc. I prefer to let the 1100ES do the upscaling from 1080p to UHD so I use the X800 when playing any 1080p media.

I prefer the UB820 for UHD discs becuase of the superior tone mapping and flexibility for UHD discs. The problem is that, if you set it up to play UHD, then everything coming out of the player is UHD. Again, I prefer to use the 1100 4K upscaling as I think it does a better job.

Since someone else already commented on the 9000 vs the 820, I won't repeat that.

Thanks for the advice...….my only reference for how good the X800 is for tone mapping(specifically for the 1000/1100es)
is the Oppo 203 which struggles to acclimatize to the Sony(even with the software updates)……….but I may well give the UB 820 or even the 9000 a try at some point in the not too distant future.

If the 820 is even better than the X800 then the picture must be very outstanding(because it already looks great with the X800…..although I find I have to make slight tweaks from movie to movie for UHD).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14402 of 14439 Old 05-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

While posting on this thread I just had a thought.....

When this thread started way back in late 2011 this was the only native 4K PJ on the market(and even consumer 4K TVs had yet to hit the shelfs).

And here we are 8 years later and now it's difficult to find threads that pertain to any native 1080P projects in the labyrinth of digital high end projectors here at AVS!...…….and even this thread barely gets that much activity these days.

So………….to the 1000/1100es

.....the 4K PJ that started it all

Even now in 2019 it is still a formidable performer.
Archibald1 likes this.

Last edited by TheSony4KRises; 05-17-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #14403 of 14439 Old 05-17-2019, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5232 Post(s)
Liked: 5468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSony4KRises View Post
.....the 4K PJ that started it all

Even now in 2019 it is still a formidable performer.
I don't recall from previous conversations, have you measured the native contrast on your projector? for years i've been wondering how some may have escaped the panel degradation. I personally saw 3 affected including my own and there was a good amount of reports coming in from here & germany at the time as well so it wasn't an isolated scenario.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14404 of 14439 Old 05-18-2019, 02:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I don't recall from previous conversations, have you measured the native contrast on your projector? for years i've been wondering how some may have escaped the panel degradation. I personally saw 3 affected including my own and there was a good amount of reports coming in from here & germany at the time as well so it wasn't an isolated scenario.
No I do not have a light meter.

One thing I have noticed though is that if I have the projector on for a couple of hours I can see that (by eye) if there is a scene with white credits on a black background...…..it looks more pronounced in terms of visible contrast ……….than say if the projector has only been on for an hour or so.

So the one question I would ask is when people took contrast measurements did they do so after 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours ect…….would be interesting to see if there were any differences by numbers.....because I think I can see some subtle differences by eye.
post #14405 of 14439 Old 05-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
No I do not have a light meter.

One thing I have noticed though is that if I have the projector on for a couple of hours I can see that (by eye) if there is a scene with white credits on a black background...…..it looks more pronounced in terms of visible contrast ……….than say if the projector has only been on for an hour or so.

So the one question I would ask is when people took contrast measurements did they do so after 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours ect…….would be interesting to see if there were any differences by numbers.....because I think I can see some subtle differences by eye.
one of the issues is that the DI was masking the problem until it was really noticeable. The part I found remarkable is how consistent the degradation was across the entire panel. It was perfectly even so it wasn't like 1 specific part of the image was affected.

you can find out with an inexpensive $35 meter, this one will work no problem. Attached are 2 MP4's, 1st 100% White field, 2nd is 0% Black. Some quick lux measurements with the DI off and a little math will show us what the current native capabilities are.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Meter-LX13...dp/B005A0ETXY/

another member had his optical block replaced and it was in the 18K:1 range upon return from service. I saw several as low as 3K:1 and cine4home had similar reports
Attached Files
File Type: zip White&Black.zip (41.8 KB, 7 views)
turls and TheSony4KRises like this.
post #14406 of 14439 Old 05-18-2019, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 386
It unfortunate that some of these units don't age well. I have probably lost ~20% native contrast over 6 yrs of ownership. New I measured right around 20k native and now I am in the 15k range native. The panel degradation has some nasty gamut shrink so that should be apparent. In addition, the units has always had black level mismatch bugs. It is more apparent on the low end however. Usually that is where I start with 1st on these units. If the gamut and gamma are destroyed then the panel has degraded. Also It is my understanding that light output is severely reduced in a degraded panel.

Quote:
post #14407 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 02:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
one of the issues is that the DI was masking the problem until it was really noticeable. The part I found remarkable is how consistent the degradation was across the entire panel. It was perfectly even so it wasn't like 1 specific part of the image was affected.

you can find out with an inexpensive $35 meter, this one will work no problem. Attached are 2 MP4's, 1st 100% White field, 2nd is 0% Black. Some quick lux measurements with the DI off and a little math will show us what the current native capabilities are.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Meter-LX13...dp/B005A0ETXY/

another member had his optical block replaced and it was in the 18K:1 range upon return from service. I saw several as low as 3K:1 and cine4home had similar reports
Thanks for the info.....will snap one up and report back

It's off topic but did you get a rs2000 and then go back to your trusty rs600......I have not been following all the posts so maybe I got that wrong......but if that is the case what made you go back to the rs600.?
post #14408 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 02:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GAGE View Post
It unfortunate that some of these units don't age well. I have probably lost ~20% native contrast over 6 yrs of ownership. New I measured right around 20k native and now I am in the 15k range native. The panel degradation has some nasty gamut shrink so that should be apparent. In addition, the units has always had black level mismatch bugs. It is more apparent on the low end however. Usually that is where I start with 1st on these units. If the gamut and gamma are destroyed then the panel has degraded. Also It is my understanding that light output is severely reduced in a degraded panel.
I never measured my unit when I first got it but I have used my rs600 as a visual benchmark to compare against......and the 1000es holds up quite well in the contrast stakes relative to the rs600(by eye if not by numbers).

Are you still using your 1100es most of the time or have you retired it in favour of the BenQ?
post #14409 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 02:59 AM
Advanced Member

I use the 1100 about 35% of the time. From a picture quality standpoint the Sony is still reference but with the BenQ being laser and in a rear projection game room setup the family and kids gravitate there. The wife can play on her I pad with full lighting and picture is still awesome. That and the lack of worrying about bulbs shifts a lot use toward the BenQ.

Quote:
Quote:
I never measured my unit when I first got it but I have used my rs600 as a visual benchmark to compare against......and the 1000es holds up quite well in the contrast stakes relative to the rs600(by eye if not by numbers).

Are you still using your 1100es most of the time or have you retired it in favour of the BenQ?
TheSony4KRises likes this.
post #14410 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I use the 1100 about 35% of the time. From a picture quality standpoint the Sony is still reference but with the BenQ being laser and in a rear projection game room setup the family and kids gravitate there. The wife can play on her I pad with full lighting and picture is still awesome. That and the lack of worrying about bulbs shifts a lot use toward the BenQ.
I had initially been contemplating the NX9 but I am pretty sure the 1000/1100es comes close to or maybe even exceeds it in performance(as the 995es-does) certainly with reguar Blu rays and with a bit more variation --- with UHD depending on individual tone mapping set ups ect.

Prefer to wait and until something game changing pops up(native 8K) on the market...….as the qualia did in 2004 or the 1000es did back in 2011…..even if they lack "maturity" at the time of release---no content available/ bells and whistles ect.
Archibald1 likes this.

Last edited by TheSony4KRises; 05-19-2019 at 04:46 AM.
post #14411 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

I am pretty sure the NX9 is an outstanding unit. The lens for sure is amazing. I think you may be making a good choice as long as your 1000/1100 still makes you grin. If your unit is performing well I haven't seen anything to justify dumping it. I was looking at a RS 4500 and also the NX9 but I can't justify the expense over what the 110 brings. I have a fairly small screen and didn't need the additional lumens either. The 4500 was an awesome unit though I probably viewed it for a total of 3 hours with different content.

Quote:
I had initially been contemplating the NX9 but I am pretty sure the 1000/1100es comes close to or maybe even exceeds it in performance(as the 995es-does) certainly with reguar Blu rays and with a bit more variation --- with UHD depending on individual tone mapping set ups ect.

Prefer to wait and until something game changing pops up(native 8K) on the market...….as the qualia did in 2004 or the 1000es did back in 2011…..even if they lack "maturity" at the time of release---no content available/ bells and whistles ect.
TheSony4KRises and Archibald1 like this.
post #14412 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
I am pretty sure the NX9 is an outstanding unit. The lens for sure is amazing. I think you may be making a good choice as long as your 1000/1100 still makes you grin. If your unit is performing well I haven't seen anything to justify dumping it. I was looking at a RS 4500 and also the NX9 but I can't justify the expense over what the 110 brings. I have a fairly small screen and didn't need the additional lumens either. The 4500 was an awesome unit though I probably viewed it for a total of 3 hours with different content.
My 1100 definitely still makes me grin. Although the bulb is a little long in the tooth and takes a few minutes to warm up and get up to full strength, once it is there, the picture is still spectacular. We use it not only for a lot of 3D movies and Netflix but also quite a bit of cable TV. I added an HDFury Integral 2 unit to get me through some 4K/60p handshake issues I was having with some of the 4K source devices because of the 8bit limitation of the 1100 with 4K/60p material. Since that addition, everything has performed flawlessly and I've had no more handshake issues with various source device firmware updates. Before the Integral 2, it seemed like I was always fighting handshake issues as things "broke" during a firmware update but then magically cleared up on the next update of that source device.

I don't have a light meter to measure anything regarding the panel degradation but I really can't say that I see any difference from when I purchased it. I did purchase it last in the life so maybe the Panel "stuff" was rectified by the time I bought mine.

I agree that I haven't really seen anything that would cause me to get serious about replacing the 1100... Maybe some future laser PJ, when the price gets "reasonable".
TheSony4KRises and Archibald1 like this.

Regards, Steve
Projector/Receiver - Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K PJ & Sony STR-ZA5000ES 4K Atmos AVR
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Screen - 145" Dragonfly, 1.2 Gain, 16:9, Matte White Fixed Screen
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #14413 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My 1100 definitely still makes me grin. Although the bulb is a little long in the tooth and takes a few minutes to warm up and get up to full strength, once it is there, the picture is still spectacular. We use it not only for a lot of 3D movies and Netflix but also quite a bit of cable TV. I added an HDFury Integral 2 unit to get me through some 4K/60p handshake issues I was having with some of the 4K source devices because of the 8bit limitation of the 1100 with 4K/60p material. Since that addition, everything has performed flawlessly and I've had no more handshake issues with various source device firmware updates. Before the Integral 2, it seemed like I was always fighting handshake issues as things "broke" during a firmware update but then magically cleared up on the next update of that source device.

I don't have a light meter to measure anything regarding the panel degradation but I really can't say that I see any difference from when I purchased it. I did purchase it last in the life so maybe the Panel "stuff" was rectified by the time I bought mine.

I agree that I haven't really seen anything that would cause me to get serious about replacing the 1100... Maybe some future laser PJ, when the price gets "reasonable".
Interesting observations and they seem to concur with mine.

The 1000/1100es is quite an astonishing piece of tech seeing as how it essentially was the first kid on the block way back in 2011...….and I think it has stayed closer to the bleeding edge in the 4K cycle(2011 to present) than the Qualia did during the evolution of HD from 2004/05 through to circa 2012.

So Sony learnt something there.
G-Rex and Archibald1 like this.
post #14414 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I have a VW1100 and NX5. I have swapped em back and forth a few times. The 1100 is special and I am amazed at the lens. Part of me wants to ride it out for a few years. It’s currently sitting in the corner while I spend time with the NX5.

Is an HDFury considered essential to these?
TheSony4KRises likes this.

NX5 / Panamorph / SI Slate Zero Edge Pro / Salamander Designs / AQ Niagra
AV8805 / UB9000 / AppleTV 4K / PS4 Pro / Connect / Node 2i / RPM-10 C
C1100 / D1100 / MC303s / 800D3 / HTM1D3 / 702 S2 / CCM7.3 / PC4000s
post #14415 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

It really is amazing what value the NX5 provides for the dollar. I was impressed in my viewing of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
I have a VW1100 and NX5. I have swapped em back and forth a few times. The 1100 is special and I am amazed at the lens. Part of me wants to ride it out for a few years. It’s currently sitting in the corner while I spend time with the NX5.

post #14416 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Cool......the NX5 has that 4K maturity that the 1000/1100 lacks......but the 1000/1100 has the lens

Keep us informed on how your comparison goes

I keep flitting back and forth between the rs600(an outstanding projector in it's own right) and the 1000es.

But as you said it.....there is no substitute for a first class lens.

At the moment my rs600 is retired whilst my 1000es takes centre stage again...….just watched the Alien UHD...….blown away by the quality

Last edited by TheSony4KRises; 05-19-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #14417 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:

HDFury has many different products but I wouldn't say that any of them are "essential". In my case, I use the Integral 2 (same functionality as the HDFury Vertex). Since the 1100 doesn't support the full 18Gb bandwidth and is limited to 8bit on 4K 60FPS streams, I just hit a few issues with a couple of my streaming devices when they would do firmware updates... Primarily Roku 4K and Sony X800. Most of the 4K source devices seem intent on presenting the menus in 4K 60FPS mode and they sometimes didn't play well with the 1100. I think it was because they were trying to use 10bit or 12bit. I really don't think it was a problem with the 1100 but more an issue of the source device not covering all the bases.
Archibald1 likes this.

Regards, Steve
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #14418 of 14439 Old 05-19-2019, 08:57 PM

So, I have a strange observation. I have noticed on my 1100 that it has trouble processing scenes with lots of "stuff" floating around. For example, my wife and I watched the American Idol Finale this evening and, at the end, they released a boatload of confetti. When this happens it seems that the image processor on the 1100 just gets overloaded and it doesn't clear up until much of the confetti has cleared out. It may be that other TVs or Projectors do the same thing in these kind of "movement overload" situations but I haven't noticed it as much as I do on the 1100. The only time I ever notice it is when there is confetti or something similar where there is a multitude of moving objects on the screen.

By the way, it's good to see a little flurry of activity in this thread. I follow it closely even though the posts are few and far between these days.

Regards, Steve
post #14419 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So, I have a strange observation. I have noticed on my 1100 that it has trouble processing scenes with lots of "stuff" floating around. For example, my wife and I watched the American Idol Finale this evening and, at the end, they released a boatload of confetti. When this happens it seems that the image processor on the 1100 just gets overloaded and it doesn't clear up until much of the confetti has cleared out. It may be that other TVs or Projectors do the same thing in these kind of "movement overload" situations but I haven't noticed it as much as I do on the 1100. The only time I ever notice it is when there is confetti or something similar where there is a multitude of moving objects on the screen.

By the way, it's good to see a little flurry of activity in this thread. I follow it closely even though the posts are few and far between these days.
I do not stream with my PJ so I am the last person who should be providing advice on such affairs
I have never noticed such artefacts with physical media though...…..have you tried different types of HDMI cables or even played around with the motion enhancer settings to mitigate said anomalies?!
post #14420 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1844 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:

Hi.
Try turning off any and all motion processing to see if it helps. The processor in the 1100 is the same as used in the 500/520/550 and others of that era i.e. slightly underpowered in real terms even when the 1100 was new.
Unfortunately Sony didn't see fit to equip their projectors with the equivalent CPUs that graced their TV sets of the same period. A shame and also a bad decision in my book.

The newer Sony projectors have only just got the X1 processor and TVs are already starting to get the X1 Ultimate (essentially and 8K processor). So there are two CPUs that can still go into future models.

To my mind their projectors at the top end should already be on the X1 Extreme.
turls and TheSony4KRises like this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #14421 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I do not stream with my PJ so I am the last person who should be providing advice on such affairs
I have never noticed such artefacts with physical media though...…..have you tried different types of HDMI cables or even played around with the motion enhancer settings to mitigate said anomalies?!
I do use certified 18Gb Monoprice cables in my setup so doubt that is the issue... I will give the motion enhancer settings some tweaks next time it happens to see if that helps.
Archibald1 likes this.

Regards, Steve
post #14422 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
Hi.
Try turning off any and all motion processing to see if it helps. The processor in the 1100 is the same as used in the 500/520/550 and others of that era i.e. slightly underpowered in real terms even when the 1100 was new.
Unfortunately Sony didn't see fit to equip their projectors with the equivalent CPUs that graced their TV sets of the same period. A shame and also a bad decision in my book.

The newer Sony projectors have only just got the X1 processor and TVs are already starting to get the X1 Ultimate (essentially and 8K processor). So there are two CPUs that can still go into future models.

To my mind their projectors at the top end should already be on the X1 Extreme.
I already deleted the DVR recording of that show but, next time it happens, I'll save the recording so that I can play/replay the segment with different motion processing settings.
Archibald1 likes this.

Regards, Steve
post #14423 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
That's pretty good to have ~15K:1 still, how many hours do you have on the projector? If you recall cine4home was explaining at the time lack of use could accelerate the condition. One was reported at 3K:1 out of the box, brand new. Mine had about 400 hours total since I had other projector at the same time. You are correct, the light output was affected. Brand new bulb @ ~1300 Max, so around 500 lumen drop.

it's unfortunate there wasn't more transparency to the issue, especially on such an expensive unit. Just some rumors that engineers were making changes over the next few generations. There were some reports of the 500/600 being affected, HW50 and HW55's and even a 5000ES unit. It seems like they got a handle on the issue since we haven't heard anything on the topic in a while.

I owned 3 Sony's prior to the VW1100 and held off buying newer units to this day because I don't think the issue was handled properly.

I'm glad to hear there are some survivors out there.
post #14424 of 14439 Old 05-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

I really wish there was more transparency too. I probably have about 2500 hrs total on the unit but I have kind of a panel conditioning thing going on for the last 2yrs. I run the unit a certain amount of time each week at least 10-15 hrs, use high cooling and change bulbs every 700 hrs. I get about 1650 lumens at a little longer than mid throw with a new bulb. The unit is hanging tough but it is a shame these issues even exist.

Quote:
Quote:
That's pretty good to have ~15K:1 still, how many hours do you have on the projector? If you recall cine4home was explaining at the time lack of use could accelerate the condition. One was reported at 3K:1 out of the box, brand new. Mine had about 400 hours total since I had other projector at the same time. You are correct, the light output was affected. Brand new bulb @ ~1300 Max, so around 500 lumen drop.

it's unfortunate there wasn't more transparency to the issue, especially on such an expensive unit. Just some rumors that engineers were making changes over the next few generations. There were some reports of the 500/600 being affected, HW50 and HW55's and even a 5000ES unit. It seems like they got a handle on the issue since we haven't heard anything on the topic in a while.

I owned 3 Sony's prior to the VW1100 and held off buying newer units to this day because I don't think the issue was handled properly.

I'm glad to hear there are some survivors out there.
post #14425 of 14439 Old 05-21-2019, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I have the second bulb at 700 h now, after 100h the vw 1100 was new calibrated and had 1600 lumen measured by the calibrator after that.
I'm not able to mesure it, but I notice loss light after 700h in same scenes..
Looking for a cheap new original bulb, Europe or Us . any links?

P.S. I'm looking for the bulb only no houseing

Last edited by Dirk44; 05-21-2019 at 09:10 AM.
post #14426 of 14439 Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1844 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk44 View Post
I have the second bulb at 700 h now, after 100h the vw 1100 was new calibrated and had 1600 lumen measured by the calibrator after that.
Hi.
I don't have any links but it will likely be cheaper to buy just the bulb and swap them in the housing. Sony usually have Philips bulbs in them in my experience.

If you do this, then do not touch the actual bulb with your bare fingers as per halogen bulbs. Oil from skin/fingers can cause premature failure/explosion due to hot spots that can be caused by said oils. Wear latex gloves or suchlike.

If you are handy at such things it is the way I would go personally. Just look at the bulb itself make note of the numbers on it and look for the same part.
Dirk44 likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #14427 of 14439 Old 05-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would just bite the bullet and go for this......it is not cheap and it is secured in it's housing................... but it will work!:

https://www.mplamps.co.uk/projector-...8aAmykEALw_wcB
Dirk44 likes this.
post #14428 of 14439 Old 05-23-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:

There is lots of previous discussion here over the years on buying genuine Philips bulbs and the procedure for replacement in the housing. I've done it twice successfully. I have a large screen so I try to stay around 1000-1500 hrs before I do a replacement.

The eBay sellers that have them regularly are:

* lamptycoons
* discount-merchant-dlp-lamps

Good recent discussion here. I have upgraded my Lumagen Radiance Pro to 18Ghz input cards and have invested in ChromaPure to take advantage of the recent enhancements in pseudo-HDR support for this unit because of recent Lumagen updates. I had to send off my beta Lumagen because of issues anyway so it was a good excuse to upgrade.
Dirk44 likes this.

Matt

Last edited by turls; 05-23-2019 at 09:18 AM.
post #14429 of 14439 Old 05-23-2019, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Thank you, I join the pro club as well to stay with my Vw 1100 but I need a calibrator O.Klohs to enjoy HDR/2020.

I will stay as long as I can with this bulb, but my 150" V6 fabric has only 0,80Gain,also with the shortest trow and Isco 1.25 is not enough light in many scenes.

I wonder why you use the pro 18Gps Card , Bottleneck is the Hdmi Chip VW 1100 only 10,2Gps !
Archibald1 likes this.
post #14430 of 14439 Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
I wonder why you use the pro 18Gps Card , Bottleneck is the Hdmi Chip VW 1100 only 10,2Gps !
There is no bottleneck on input into the Radiance Pro, then it can do its magic for the processing for the best possible image outputted to the 1100ES. It is explained further in the recent posts on the Lumagen Pro thread.
Archibald1 likes this.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page