Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 72Likes

post #4891 of 4899 Old 04-21-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Excuse me for asking something that I'm sure has been answered through 160+ pages , but what, exactly, does this error code mean?
That's covered in the early pages in the manual. Very clear explanation as long as you aren't color blind.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4899 Old 04-21-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm very silly. As described several pages ago in this thread, the error I get is the two outer indicator lamps are constantly red, with the middle one flashing orange. This happened right after I'd switched lamps one evening. Fans never start running at all. Replacing lamp, pulling power, etc., etc. does nothing.
post #4893 of 4899 Old 04-30-2019, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1184
Here is my current (updated) bulb history as of 4/30/2019

Lamp # 1 (original bulb that came with the projector - No Flap - V1)
1200 Hours = Exploded

Lamp # 2 (JVC official bulb v3 w/ flap)
This one lasted unusually long, about 2800 hours then exploded. It was very DIM by this time however, but I was using it with an HP 2.4 gain screen.

Lamp # 3 = Philips from Ebay - severely DIM at 1100 hours so I replaced (didn't explode), oddly this bulb started out a bit brighter than my next two bulbs.
Lamp # 4 = Philips from Ebay - shutting off automatically at 1700 hours (didn't explode, semi-DIM but still useable)
Lamp # 5 = Philips from Ebay - lasted 550 hours (projector started rejecting it, lamp would work for 10-15 minutes then projector would shut off)
Lamp # 6 = Philips from Ebay - lasted 750 hours (same thing, projector started rejecting with a couple shutoffs, then suddenly would no longer fire up anymore).
Lamp # 7 = Awaiting shipment for OSRAM this time...

Just ordered an Osram for $30 more to see if I can get more usage out of it.
I hope it was really the lamp and not a ballast issue this time (we shall see).
Odd how I originally got 1700 hours out of the Philips, then the last 2 bulbs I got way less.
Probably a coincidence, but you never know.

This might be my last bulb, as I may upgrade soon, it's about time, I've had this projector long enough
Great image, beats everything else for the price (especially in the used market), but looking to step up the game to something brighter (RS400/500 or later).
Naiera likes this.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4894 of 4899 Old 04-30-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Here is my current (updated) bulb history as of 4/30/2019

Lamp # 1 (original bulb that came with the projector - No Flap - V1)
1200 Hours = Exploded

Lamp # 2 (JVC official bulb v3 w/ flap)
This one lasted unusually long, about 2800 hours then exploded. It was very DIM by this time however, but I was using it with an HP 2.4 gain screen.

Lamp # 3 = Philips from Ebay - severely DIM at 1100 hours so I replaced (didn't explode), oddly this bulb started out a bit brighter than my next two bulbs.
Lamp # 4 = Philips from Ebay - shutting off automatically at 1700 hours (didn't explode, semi-DIM but still useable)
Lamp # 5 = Philips from Ebay - lasted 550 hours (projector started rejecting it, lamp would work for 10-15 minutes then projector would shut off)
Lamp # 6 = Philips from Ebay - lasted 750 hours (same thing, projector started rejecting with a couple shutoffs, then suddenly would no longer fire up anymore).
Lamp # 7 = Awaiting shipment for OSRAM this time...

Just ordered an Osram for $30 more to see if I can get more usage out of it.
I hope it was really the lamp and not a ballast issue this time (we shall see).
Odd how I originally got 1700 hours out of the Philips, then the last 2 bulbs I got way less.
Probably a coincidence, but you never know.

This might be my last bulb, as I may upgrade soon, it's about time, I've had this projector long enough
Great image, beats everything else for the price (especially in the used market), but looking to step up the game to something brighter (RS400/500 or later).
It would be nice to know what a ill ballast might affect in the operation of the bulb. Fluctuating current you would probably see. Not enough or too much current may have an impact. Obviously I'm guessing as I know nothing about this part of the technical picture but seems like that's a start for a discussion.

Jack
post #4895 of 4899 Old 05-04-2019, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1184
I put in the Osram lamp and my projector still works just fine (no Ballast issues).
However, I'm not sure the Osram lamp is any better (or worse) than the Philips.

My last few lamps I have installed have all started out 'not as bright', and that includes comparing Philips to other Philips lamps I had installed.

Maybe I need to open up my projector and clean it, it does have a lot of hours on it, but I didn't notice any part off-hand that appeared to need cleaning.
Also, the PQ looks the same as DAY # 1, or really close, except for the brightness...

I am only getting around 400-450 lumens on the new Osram lamp in LOW lamp, about the same as the last Philips lamp I installed.
Comparatively speaking, I was getting 600+ lumens in Low Lamp on the original official JVC OEM lamps and the first Philips I installed.

I don't think they sold me a used lamp, because generally with a used lamp you'd see less than 300 lumens or even less than 100.
I guess we shall see how long the Osram lasts.

It's plenty bright for my 106" Electric dropdown, but on my 2nd screen - 120 inch 2.35, it's definitely bright enough right now, but in a few hundred hours it will likely be a struggle, even with pumping the gamma a bit above normal. However, that is with every lamp, not just this one.

That is why I need to get a brighter projector, or a screen with more gain

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --

Last edited by coderguy; 05-04-2019 at 09:45 PM.
post #4896 of 4899 Old 05-05-2019, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
I put in the Osram lamp and my projector still works just fine (no Ballast issues).
However, I'm not sure the Osram lamp is any better (or worse) than the Philips.

My last few lamps I have installed have all started out 'not as bright', and that includes comparing Philips to other Philips lamps I had installed.

Maybe I need to open up my projector and clean it, it does have a lot of hours on it, but I didn't notice any part off-hand that appeared to need cleaning.
Also, the PQ looks the same as DAY # 1, or really close, except for the brightness...

I am only getting around 400-450 lumens on the new Osram lamp in LOW lamp, about the same as the last Philips lamp I installed.
Comparatively speaking, I was getting 600+ lumens in Low Lamp on the original official JVC OEM lamps and the first Philips I installed.

I don't think they sold me a used lamp, because generally with a used lamp you'd see less than 300 lumens or even less than 100.
I guess we shall see how long the Osram lasts.

It's plenty bright for my 106" Electric dropdown, but on my 2nd screen - 120 inch 2.35, it's definitely bright enough right now, but in a few hundred hours it will likely be a struggle, even with pumping the gamma a bit above normal. However, that is with every lamp, not just this one.

That is why I need to get a brighter projector, or a screen with more gain
I wonder what the difference is between these bulbs and the OEM bulbs. It doesn't seem complicated. We must be missing something.

Jack
post #4897 of 4899 Old 05-10-2019, 07:00 PM

Does anyone know of a place inside the EU where I can buy a new ballast?
post #4898 of 4899 Old 05-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Does anyone know of a place inside the EU where I can buy a new ballast?
Do you want to send the ballast to repair?
I fix the ballasts for services in my country. Everyone is happy.
I now have one fixed ballast. If you decide, then send me your bad ballast, and I will send you a good ballast. Prices you know. You will not find cheaper. I give 1 year warranty on my ballast.

post #4899 of 4899 Old 05-11-2019, 05:29 AM

I would like to purchase a ballast. I don't have one to spare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Projectors , Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page