Official JVC X30 / RS45 owner's thread! - Page 165 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #4921 of 4950 Old 06-26-2019, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamede View Post
Anyone know if an HDMI 2.0 cable will connect okay on this projector? Am looking for a used long (15m/49 foot) HDMI cable and one of the ones I can find is HDMI 2.0.....
They are backwards compatible. I ha a 2.0 fiber optic cable connected to mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4922 of 4950 Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
They are backwards compatible. I ha a 2.0 fiber optic cable connected to mine.
Super - thanks for the answer!
dbpaddler likes this.
post #4923 of 4950 Old 09-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I picked up a jvc rs45u and would like to try to calibrate it. Could someone point me to the meter and software needed? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4924 of 4950 Old 09-08-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 5180 Post(s)
Liked: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdht View Post
I picked up a jvc rs45u and would like to try to calibrate it. Could someone point me to the meter and software needed? Thanks!
X-rite i1DisplayPro and HCFR.
https://www.xrite.com/categories/cal.../i1display-pro
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...-software.html
post #4925 of 4950 Old 09-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
X-rite i1DisplayPro and HCFR.
Thanks!
post #4926 of 4950 Old 09-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

For the rs45 specifically, are there any recommended settings? I've read through a bunch of reviews and posts here but there's alot of different information.

I'm using madvr and a nvidia gpu. The nvidia settings are 1080p60, ycbcr444 8bit(12 bit is available).

Madvr is set to 0-255, frame blending(smooth motion), and I'd been using supersampling with my w1070, I tried 23p and turning supersampling off but 23p was still jumpy and frame blending with supersampling off was too soft. If I set the rs45s sharpening to 0 it's too soft, but anything higher than 5 is artificial looking, and I have detail enhance at 10-15.
-So far though I feel the w1070 is sharper, maybe just due to the pixel response? and also the better pixel fill of the jvc? maybe even the jvc bulbs age

I have hdmi set to superwhite, contrast/brightness/tint at 0, color at 5, color temp at 6000 or 6500(ive done some adjusting with the gains and offsets and got red looking nice and red and brought up some low level detail, red gain -4, blu gain -7, +3 red/blue offsets), and custom gamma at 2.2 or 2.4.
-also I feel the w1070 had more saturated colors, maybe it wasnt accurate though, also could be the jvcs bulb age

The current bulb has 1700 hours and the seller reported 2500hours usual life so Ive got a new bulb otw from pureland supply.

I got the projector because I wanted some experience with jvc projectors before purchasing a 4k hdr projector, only having the w1070 and some budget va 4k tvs(2018 tcl and samsung) for comparison. Currently having trouble deciding between the jvc, sony, theo z65, and ht9060. I really like the dlp imagers but I need to spend some time with something with good contrast.

Screen is an XY Screen Black Crystal 0.8 gain, a dark grey with a gain layer. Its a small room 11.5' by 14.5', with a small throw, 9'4". Dark paint, white ceiling, black fabric a couple feet out on the ceiling. Black fabric shades on either side of the screen with lamps on the other side of the shades so I can raise the light level of the room without direct light hitting the screen, real nice for tv shows, anime, youtube. With the lights out the screen can get very close to the black of the masking even with a bright high apl scene. The black level setting seems to help maintain low level detail with some ambient light.

Contrast and blacks between the projectors is no comparison of course, and the lcos 2.5ms black to white response, while not as impressive as dlp, is certainly better than the 8-15ms of the va tvs/monitors I have. Motion is still good I guess is what Im trying to say xD After I get some hours on the new bulb Ill pick up a meter and try to calibrate it.
post #4927 of 4950 Old 10-19-2019, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Hi guys.

Any X30 owners using a Da-lite HD Progressive 0.9 / JKP Affinity 0.9 with their X30?

I am asking, as it is on my list, but I am worried it will be too dark in 108" size. I have a very dark room with dark grey wall and ceiling, but nothing black. Ambient light is 97,5% controlled.

(I do plan to upgrade to the next gen 4K from JVC when they are out, e.g. a N75 or N55)

post #4928 of 4950 Old 10-25-2019, 04:52 PM

So my RS45 has been collecting dust since I went to a 120" screen in my 12x12 room. I dropped down to the BenQ 2050a with the shorter throw. But now the gears are turning as I'm not looking to go 4k anytime soon, and I'm sure I'd be lucky to get $600 for the JVC at this point. My room has a closet, and my initial intention was to put the audio equipment in there. Now I'm thinking I pop the JVC in there on a new shelf and increase my throw to the needed 12' to fill my 120" screen. The rub is the screen would cover a window, which I'm fine with since the room is fairly single purpose. And my sofa would be pretty much up against the closet. Though I ultimately could just take the sawzall and open up the whole area from the entrance to the closet and turn the bedroom into more of a 2nd floor family room layout.

I think I just want to use the JVC again and open up my pj options for 4k down the road. And I feel like I have a weekend project on my hands that could be fun. Well not the sawzall open up the room part.

And could always do a tab tensioned screen down the road.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
post #4929 of 4950 Old 10-25-2019, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Get the Saw out!

Quote:
So my RS45 has been collecting dust since I went to a 120" screen in my 12x12 room. I dropped down to the BenQ 2050a with the shorter throw. But now the gears are turning as I'm not looking to go 4k anytime soon, and I'm sure I'd be lucky to get $600 for the JVC at this point. My room has a closet, and my initial intention was to put the audio equipment in there. Now I'm thinking I pop the JVC in there on a new shelf and increase my throw to the needed 12' to fill my 120" screen. The rub is the screen would cover a window, which I'm fine with since the room is fairly single purpose. And my sofa would be pretty much up against the closet. Though I ultimately could just take the sawzall and open up the whole area from the entrance to the closet and turn the bedroom into more of a 2nd floor family room layout.

I think I just want to use the JVC again and open up my pj options for 4k down the road. And I feel like I have a weekend project on my hands that could be fun. Well not the sawzall open up the room part.

And could always do a tab tensioned screen down the road.

I've had an X30 since around 2012 on a CIH 135" Vutec which drops down to cover a set of windows. I do have black out drapes over the windows.

I still LOVE this PJ, watch it multiple times a week, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix & YouTube. Since 2012 and many many many hours of movies, I did have to buy one factory bulb.

It if funny to think back to remember people on the forum saying that you need a $4,000 anamorphic lens to get a good picture. Well, you don't. I still sit there at times wondering how a chopped down 1080 picture can look so awesome!

GET that saw out and go for it!!
post #4930 of 4950 Old 10-26-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
I've had an X30 since around 2012 on a CIH 135" Vutec which drops down to cover a set of windows. I do have black out drapes over the windows.

I still LOVE this PJ, watch it multiple times a week, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix & YouTube. Since 2012 and many many many hours of movies, I did have to buy one factory bulb.

It if funny to think back to remember people on the forum saying that you need a $4,000 anamorphic lens to get a good picture. Well, you don't. I still sit there at times wondering how a chopped down 1080 picture can look so awesome!

GET that saw out and go for it!!
Well I'll have to save the demo project for another time, like after I close up some walls and finish the ceiling on the first floor. For now, I'm all setup on the video and gear side. So easy to mount a screen with some 3M Control velcro when the screen rests on the window ledge. I ran out of flat speaker wire so I have more coming tomorrow to fish under the carpet. Pic looks great. Though my lone dark wall is now on the left. Might have to head to HD and get the deepest navy I can find and just paint the front and sides. Leave the back wall the dark khaki.

Think I can throw both subs up front, and the room will actually look more roomy with the electronics in the closet and rearranging the gear. Very glad I wasn't quick to sell the JVC.

post #4931 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Trying to understand 'contrast' in JVC projectors

Hi,

so, I've got an x30 and an x7 and the 'contrast' slider is puzzling me. I've always understood contrast as the relation between darker and brighter areas of an image, where raising it will set darker and brighter tones apart from each other and lowering it will make both come closer to a neutral gray. It has been like this with every other image device (and software) I've used so far. JVC projectors, however, seem to push the whole image towards white when raising the contrast and towards black when lowering the contrast; even the manual seems to confirm that's what it's meant for. I can't make any sense of this. On the other hand, the option 'Dark/Bright level' seems to do what I would expect 'contrast' to do (at least for higher and lower tones). What am I missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC manual.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	2632928  
post #4932 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by descalabro View Post
Hi,

so, I've got an x30 and an x7 and the 'contrast' slider is puzzling me. I've always understood contrast as the relation between darker and brighter areas of an image, where raising it will set darker and brighter tones apart from each other and lowering it will make both come closer to a neutral gray. It has been like this with every other image device (and software) I've used so far. JVC projectors, however, seem to push the whole image towards white when raising the contrast and towards black when lowering the contrast; even the manual seems to confirm that's what it's meant for. I can't make any sense of this. On the other hand, the option 'Dark/Bright level' seems to do what I would expect 'contrast' to do (at least for higher and lower tones). What am I missing here?
Lowering the Contrast shifts the white level down while leaving the black level untouched; everything in between is scaled accordingly. Thus it does make the bright tones and dark tones closer to each other, but not towards neutral grey.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 10-27-2019 at 04:11 PM.
post #4933 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Lowering the Contrast shifts the white level down while leaving the black level untouched; everything in between is scaled accordingly. Thus it does make the bright tones and dark tones closer to each other, but not towards neutral grey.
Thanks. So, does that mean that in order to adjust contrast the way I would normally do with other projectors I need to adjust the gamma curve?
post #4934 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. So, does that mean that in order to adjust contrast the way I would normally do with other projectors I need to adjust the gamma curve?
To be honest, all the projectors I had (Epson, Benq, Mitsubishi, etc) all behave the same way as the JVC.
post #4935 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To be honest, all the projectors I had (Epson, Benq, Mitsubishi, etc) all behave the same way as the JVC.

Are you sure? That has not been my experience. The ones I had, Epson EH-TW 2800, 2900, 3500, Planar PD7150, Panasonic PT-DZ570, Hitachi CP-X505, etc., all behaved the way I described. Here’s an example from the manual of the BenQ HT2050A. This is the way contrast has worked for as long as I can remember, it’s simple and makes a lot of sense. I don’t see any reason why all those manufacturers would do it the unintuitive way JVC does it. Either I’m still missing something, or JVC simply has an unorthodox implementation of contrast in their UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | Planar PD7150
post #4936 of 4950 Old 10-27-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you sure? That has not been my experience. The ones I had, Epson EH-TW 2800, 2900, 3500, Planar PD7150, Panasonic PT-DZ570, Hitachi CP-X505, etc., all behaved the way I described. Here’s an example from the manual of the BenQ HT2050A. This is the way contrast has worked for as long as I can remember, it’s simple and makes a lot of sense. I don’t see any reason why all those manufacturers would do it the unintuitive way JVC does it. Either I’m still missing something, or JVC simply has an unorthodox implementation of contrast in their UI.
This article explains how contrast control works, and how to adjust for optimal contrast. It applies to all TVs and projectors.
http://spearsandmunsil.com/portfolio...ast-control-2/
post #4937 of 4950 Old 10-31-2019, 05:19 PM

Question for you guys. So maneuvering my setup to the closet, I gained a couple feet of throw distance that allows me to use the JVC with the 120" screen. Kinda made sense to rest the screen on the window ledge, but I was thinking I could get a 135" tab tensioned screen and ceiling mount it. I can ditch the butcher block under the mains and put smaller feet on the stand (or just go back to the center channel stand). This would give me more width for movies, and if the screen goes behind the mains I'd just set a preset for a smaller 16:9. This also keeps the room dual purpose opening that window back up when not in use.

Can get a 135" Elite Starling for $800 which seems like a real nice deal. I think I'd be done spending money on the room for a bit outside of paint.

post #4938 of 4950 Old 11-01-2019, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think I'd be done spending money on the room for a bit

We all always do! even ones like me who have a really cheap room.

4,3 x 2,8m semi-blacked out media room | 2010 MacMini > Pioneer VSX-520-K > JVC RS50 (X7) > 107", 1.1 gain, white screen | Planar PD7150
post #4939 of 4950 Old 11-02-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
This would give me more width for movies, and if the screen goes behind the mains I'd just set a preset for a smaller 16:9. This also keeps the room dual purpose opening that window back up when not in use.

If zooming for a smaller image than the screen(?), keep in mind you'll lose the screen masking which has a pretty dramatic effect (negative) on the image. Unless you DYI some masking of course.

Also keep in mind the light reflection off the walls, ceiling, etc. The closer the screen is to the side wall, ceilings, the more light reflection onto screen. Especially for lighter color walls.
post #4940 of 4950 Old 11-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
If zooming for a smaller image than the screen(?), keep in mind you'll lose the screen masking which has a pretty dramatic effect (negative) on the image. Unless you DYI some masking of course.

Also keep in mind the light reflection off the walls, ceiling, etc. The closer the screen is to the side wall, ceilings, the more light reflection onto screen. Especially for lighter color walls.
Painting was always in the plan. Most likely a deep navy on the now front three walls and ceiling. Though I might just do the front wall and ceiling and do maroon velvet curtains on the sides.

Only thinking of zooming if the speakers would be in front of the screen, which I think at 135" the speakers can go further towards the wall and be OK. If I did think it'd be an issue, I'd make some masks out of velvet and cardboard and use magnets on the back and behind the screen ot fix them. Would imagine they'd be minimal at that point. At least from playing around with the zoom over the fixed 120.

post #4941 of 4950 Old 11-05-2019, 05:19 PM

Woo-hoo! 135" of goodness. $800 for the Open box Elite Starling Tab Tension screen. A little over half off retail. The JVC in the closet fills it perfectly. Speakers fit on the sides of the screen so no issues. Still have almost a foot to each side wall,but I'm out of throw anyway.

Bright scenes remind me I need to paint. Definitely going to buy some black velvet and make a small drape with magnets to cleanly cover the screen housing. Can take my in wall outlet from the old projector location and move it for the screen's power.

This quick redo reminded me why I hate my old plaster walls and previous owners that failed to maintain the slate roof properly. Sigh.

Not sure how sharp the pics look. I have to grab my glasses and focus again.

Funny. In the one pic, it looks like Maw us staring at the reflections in my white ceiling like, "dude, seriously? Paint that thing already.

Last edited by dbpaddler; 11-05-2019 at 09:05 PM.
post #4942 of 4950 Old 11-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey everybody. I am new to this club. I made a dumb thread that nobody is probably going to respond to, so I will ask here, too...

Will be going in a light-controlled room. Screen size is 110". What is the best distance? Should I push it to the max closeness, or do they look better with a little more distance?

What is the max resolution I can push to this with an HTPC?

What is the ideal screen gain I should go for? I've got a DIY ALR screen and I want the deepest blacks possible, but wondering if I shouldn't tweak the screen to bump the brightness a bit, considering the improved contrast of the projector (over my previous Panasonic 4000).

Are the cheap bulbs from eBay still good?

Any other bits of advice? Thanks!
post #4943 of 4950 Old 11-14-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Moore View Post
Hey everybody. I am new to this club. I made a dumb thread that nobody is probably going to respond to, so I will ask here, too...

Will be going in a light-controlled room. Screen size is 110". What is the best distance? Should I push it to the max closeness, or do they look better with a little more distance?

What is the max resolution I can push to this with an HTPC?

What is the ideal screen gain I should go for? I've got a DIY ALR screen and I want the deepest blacks possible, but wondering if I shouldn't tweak the screen to bump the brightness a bit, considering the improved contrast of the projector (over my previous Panasonic 4000).

Are the cheap bulbs from eBay still good?

Any other bits of advice? Thanks!
Hi,

I've replied to your "dumb thread".

Place it as close as possible to the screen. Leave just some margin for adjustments. With a blackened room, make it white and around 1.0 to 1.2 gain.

Max res the RS45 can take is 1920 x 1080.

post #4944 of 4950 Old 11-14-2019, 03:30 PM

11 feet will be your minimum distance from the lens to the screen for 110". Ask yourself if you think you might go bigger at some point. Don't want to shoehorn yourself into a distance that doesn't allow you to expand. I started at 100 which was the max for my throw distance. Went to a cheaper projector with a shorter throw to go to 120" and was somewhat happy. Rearranged the room to put the projector in the closet, gained an extra two feet of throw and am now at 135" and of course back to the JVC. Much much happier now. I still have no real desire to upgrade. Maybe if there is some insane deal on an Epson for a bit under a grand. Otherwise, I'm good.

I can't imagine getting a 4k shifter with all the bells and whistles the JVC has at a reasonable price for quite a while.

post #4945 of 4950 Old 11-14-2019, 10:08 PM

Thanks guys!

Any word on whether these bulbs are still worthwhile?

"VC PK-L2210UP / PKL2210UP Philips UltraBright Bare Projector Lamp DLP LCD"
post #4946 of 4950 Old 11-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Moore View Post
Thanks guys!

Any word on whether these bulbs are still worthwhile?

"VC PK-L2210UP / PKL2210UP Philips UltraBright Bare Projector Lamp DLP LCD"
Ive gotten several bulbs from purelandsupply.com Not the cheapest but no issues and a 6mo warranty. One of the bulbs in a w1070 is at 7200 hours.
post #4947 of 4950 Old 11-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Is there a tutorial anywhere other than this thread for swapping out bare bulbs?
post #4948 of 4950 Old 12-01-2019, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
Thanks.

So, basically clean (and possibly) replace #1 and clean #3 ? I'm assuming just from dust? And don't need to do anything with #2 , you were just pointing out that it was this part that gets hot?

Questions:
-What are these parts?

-How would you recommend cleaning dust from these parts? Canned air? Wipe it down? What if I don't find that much dust there?
and generally...

-Does anyone have a copy or link to the X3 Service Manual?
I'm having trouble seeing what exactly that part is that Slonopot pointed out, especially in pic #1 . And if I have to replace, I don't know what that part is called or what the part number is. It would be great to have a copy of the service manual.

A little while back Bobof referenced this, but I guess my googling is not creative enough. I just keep getting the regular manual, which I already have.

With a bit of creative google there is a full service manual for the X3 out there on the inter webs. I found it on an Eastern European website if I recall. It Is basically the same machine(ish).
Both me and Chuck Mountain have written quite a lot on the subject of disassembly and dust on AVForums - though this was more related to optical block issues which are DEEPER down on the issue scale (more work than just de dusting the PJ).

With regards to dust, I live in a fairly normally dusty apartment and have regularly cleaner my "mesh filter". Problem is that this is ONLY filtering the optical block air flow.
There are more fans and they are NOT FILTERED AT ALL! And the mesh filter does NOT FILTER FINE DUST AT ALL (its a joke really, made to prevent big flies basically, small flies would probably pass the mesh lol)

My PJ had probably around 7000hours in total when I tore it down due to a burning smell (that most likely was related to clogged fans).

Read more on disassembly and see dust pictures here. I put the link to where my dsecription starts, but if you go to start of thread chucks splendid start of the thread can be seen.
DISASSEMLBLY AND CLEANING GUIDE and more
https://www.avforums.com/threads/jvc.../post-26990049

Cheers
Boogie

Livingroom: JVC DLA-X30 @ 4m wide curved 2.35:1 Studiotek
Marantz AV7702, Primare A30.7 + Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC, Samsung digital box
JBL TiK Sub, Ti6K, Ti2K, Ti1K, XTi20, XTi10, REL Q150E
Bedroom: Pioneer KRP-500M, Denon AVR3805
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS

Last edited by [Europe]Boogiem; 12-01-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #4949 of 4950 Old 12-01-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Europe]Boogiem View Post
With regards to dust, I live in a fairly normally dusty apartment and have regularly cleaner my "mesh filter". Problem is that this is ONLY filtering the optical block air flow.

There are more fans and they are NOT FILTERED AT ALL! And the mesh filter does NOT FILTER FINE DUST AT ALL (its a joke really, made to prevent big flies basically, small flies would probably pass the mesh lol)

I’ve seen plenty of Epson projectors with dust blobs but never a JVC, but on the other hand JVC projectors often have a lot of dust inside the air ducts and on the fans. Which makes me I wonder if having the same kind of filter on all the air intakes as on the optical block would compromise the amount of air going inside the projector. I mean, there’s got to be a better solution than that black mesh.

post #4950 of 4950 Old 12-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
From Ebay from a seller called 'dtvLamps', link to it is below...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-PK-L221...72.m2749.l2649
If the lamp looks like the pictures on the link it is NOT an Osram PROJECTOR lamp.
Brand name is TOP Osram (everything looks very similar to Osram - even logo on their web page

TOP Osram or "P-VIP Osram" (Im guessing counterfeit or back projection TV lamps)
https://www.osram-shopyourlight.com/products/p-vip-bulb
funy thing I also find it here - and when clicking link I come to above.
https://www.osram.us/pia/tools-and-r...stributors.jsp

ORIGINAL OSRAM web page (very similar web page and name)
https://www.osram.com/pia/applicatio...tion/index.jsp

How do I know?
Osram resellers for projectors from .com sites - they dont seem to have online PROJECTOR sale of lamps as seen here in their reseller list (not even in China or USA)
https://www.osram.com/apps/do_distri...ale=en_US&l=en

Also - the closest matching (TOP) lamp module (same shape) to my JVC-DLA X30 would be below.
The lamp is specced 200W, but does not have the "small glass fuse" on the back as original has.

Original DLA-x30 lamp is specced 220W and has no TOP OSRAM marking - marking is totally different.
https://www.osram-shopyourlight.com/...p-20010-ce195a

I have gone through several Osram original lamps and it does NOT have a "spiral" around the light source in the center of the lamp like the Osram TOP copy has.
It also has a small "glass tube" at the rear electrode.
I later bought a "Guaranteed original Philips" lamp - and that one looked exactly like the one You posted, only stamped Philips instead and NO "glass tube" - exactly like those TOP lamps
Does anyone start to smell counterfeit yet?

Im guessing the glass tube is some kind of "overload protection" and maybe protects the ballast board (not sure though) in case of the bulb shorting.
It could also be some kind of "lamp start" help.
Really hard to say.

But for sure its not the same look as original Osram (I have bought 3 original Osram PK-L2210U / PK-L2210UP to my DLA-x30 and all look the same (except the metal flapper that was added on v2 and some minor change on v3)

My guess is either:
1. Its a counterfeit lamp that has gone through a lot of work to make it look OEM (even web page name and design)
2. Its a back projection TV Osram lamp - slightly lower wattage (200 vs 220W) and different light element with a spiral wound lamp and no "glass tube" (might be specific for the projector lamp)

Anyone care to have an opinion?

Livingroom: JVC DLA-X30 @ 4m wide curved 2.35:1 Studiotek
Marantz AV7702, Primare A30.7 + Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC, Samsung digital box
JBL TiK Sub, Ti6K, Ti2K, Ti1K, XTi20, XTi10, REL Q150E
Bedroom: Pioneer KRP-500M, Denon AVR3805
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS

Last edited by [Europe]Boogiem; 12-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Jvc Dla X30b 3d D Ila Projector , Projectors , Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page