Sharp XV-Z30000 3D DLP - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

post #1771 of 2323 Old 12-21-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5531 Post(s)
Liked: 5982
these are on the extinct list.. .no one is getting rid of them. I've been looking for a while for a friend who wants to use it for 3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 2323 Old 12-21-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
these are on the extinct list.. .no one is getting rid of them. I've been looking for a while for a friend who wants to use it for 3D.
"Extinct"??
You mean they are not available at any price? Last time I looked online, you could still find them for about $3.5K or so.
post #1773 of 2323 Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 PM

I just meant something along the bargain we got from the woot deal.. That guy on ebay last year had 30+ and sold them all for 2800-3000.

if only I had known how quickly they would disappear, I would have bought a few and kept them for other members who wanted great 3D for a good price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 2323 Old 12-22-2014, 03:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Hello zombie,is the lightoutput enough in 3d on a normal screen with the sharp?
Is the sony hw55es brighter?

Best regards
post #1775 of 2323 Old 12-22-2014, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post
Hello zombie,is the lightoutput enough in 3d on a normal screen with the sharp?
Is the sony hw55es brighter?

Best regards
You should be more specific. What is a "normal" screen? You should let us know your screen size so we can verify if it's small enough to accommodate the Sharp Z30K.
post #1776 of 2323 Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
You should be more specific. What is a "normal" screen? You should let us know your screen size so we can verify if it's small enough to accommodate the Sharp Z30K.

Hello there its a 107 inch screen and 1.3 gain.

Best regards
post #1777 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 04:42 AM
fpr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have a problem with the projector:

I always leave the projector plugged in standby mode. In the last month, in a couple or three times I found the projector without power with standby light off, unplugging and plugging the projector again regains power and functioning properly. The strange thing is that at random, every two weeks or so I find it off.

The outlet is not the problem since I have connected the Runco LS5 into the same outlet and the Runco always stays on.
The two projectors are connected to the same UPS. I buy a new UPS and the problem is still happening.

If I remember correctly someone had posted that occasionally the remote control will not work and had to unplug the projector to return to work. Could it be the same problem? For whom this happens, you notice if the standby light was off?

What can be the problem?

Thanks.
post #1778 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post
Hi,

I always leave the projector plugged in standby mode. In the last month, in a couple or three times I found the projector without power with standby light off, unplugging and plugging the projector again regains power and functioning properly. The strange thing is that at random, every two weeks or so I find it off.

The outlet is not the problem since I have connected the Runco LS5 into the same outlet and the Runco always stays on.
The two projectors are connected to the same UPS. I buy a new UPS and the problem is still happening.

If I remember correctly someone had posted that occasionally the remote control will not work and had to unplug the projector to return to work. Could it be the same problem? For whom this happens, you notice if the standby light was off?

What can be the problem?

Thanks.
It sounds like the same (or similar) issue that I had...
Can you manually turn the Z30K on at the projector?
I made several attempts to get help from a Sharp tech. They were responsive and suggested several possible things to try. I suggest looking back in this thread and seeing if there is anything helpful.
I can not recall what the status of the indicator leds were when it was acting up.
I reset the remote by removing the batteries and then cycling the buttons top to bottom. I actually installed a small RF AC switch at the PJ so that it would be easy to "reset" the Z30K without cycling the circuit breaker (and affecting all other devices on that circuit).
The good news is that the problem resolved itself. I hope yours does too.
BTW, how many hours do you have on your Z30K? Are you still enjoying it?
Happy 2015 to all
fpr likes this.
post #1779 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 03:32 PM
fpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
It sounds like the same (or similar) issue that I had...
Can you manually turn the Z30K on at the projector?
I made several attempts to get help from a Sharp tech. They were responsive and suggested several possible things to try. I suggest looking back in this thread and seeing if there is anything helpful.
I can not recall what the status of the indicator leds were when it was acting up.
I reset the remote by removing the batteries and then cycling the buttons top to bottom. I actually installed a small RF AC switch at the PJ so that it would be easy to "reset" the Z30K without cycling the circuit breaker (and affecting all other devices on that circuit).
The good news is that the problem resolved itself. I hope yours does too.
BTW, how many hours do you have on your Z30K? Are you still enjoying it?
Happy 2015 to all
Hi Humbland, thanks for your response,

When this happens the projector's buttons do not work, as is if it is turned off completely.
Do you could turn on it manually?

Is it a problem of projector power supply or the projector is locked?

I used the projector aprox. 200h to view 3D content. I'm still enjoying it, is the best 3D projector that I've seen. I am worried about this problem.

Happy 2015 to all.
post #1780 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My 30K has almost the same problem. I always leave it in standby. Mine stays in standby with the red light on but more times than not, when I turn it on, either by remote or the projectors buttons, the green light will come on for several seconds then it shuts down completely. No lights at all. No response using the remote or the buttons. I unplug the AC, immediately plug it back in and everything then works as normal.

I probably have around 3 or 4 hundred hours on it. Other than that power problem it works very well. Very even focus. The lens shift motors are a bit noisy but I don't think it's any louder than when it was new. I've been hesitant sending it in fearing it might come back with other problems. It was a Woot purchase, April 2013, I'm not even positive Sharp will honor the 3 year warranty. I know Woot listed 1 year on their site but the projector came with 3 year warranty documentation.

Has anyone sent their Woot purchased 30K in for repair after the first year?
fpr likes this.
post #1781 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked: 538
I had the same issue, humbland helped me through the problem, took several unplugging/re-plugging cycles, then it turned on via the remote.
fpr likes this.

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
post #1782 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Interesting. Back to my ghost in the machine hypothisis...
The bad news is that these problems are similar, but seem a little bit different.
The good news is that they can all be "fixed" temporarily by an AC disconnect/reconnect.
I felt the same way about sending my Z30K off to Sharp for repairs. Better the devil you know.
I agree that it would be interesting to see if anyone has sent in a Z30K to be repaired. I've wondered how good the 3 year warranty is with Sharp out of the business.
Pragmatically, a $10 RF switch (made for xmas lights) from the hardware store. Problem solved.
fpr likes this.
post #1783 of 2323 Old 12-30-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post
I had the same issue, humbland helped me through the problem, took several unplugging/re-plugging cycles, then it turned on via the remote.
Maybe this explains why the Woot deal was so good.

1000 posts on AVS!
It's been a blast.
Thanks to everyone for all of their help and inspiration.
fpr and Elix like this.

Last edited by humbland; 12-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.
post #1784 of 2323 Old 12-31-2014, 12:07 PM

if you guys don't have any other issues, I would be hesitant to try and get repair work at this point (unless it's totally dead). it's one of the risks of buying a model out of production, especially when the company has dropped out of the HT projector market.

I haven't seen this issue on mine yet, I think I've had it since April of last year.

hopefully all the 30K owners are using the G20 glasses and not the original G10's that came with the projector. I can't say enough good things about the G20's. I wish I could use them with all my 3D projectors, they are by far my favorites and I've used a ton of different 3D glasses over the years.

happy new year to all!
fpr likes this.

Last edited by zombie10k; 12-31-2014 at 12:19 PM.
post #1785 of 2323 Old 12-31-2014, 03:54 PM

Liked: 17
No issues on my two Sharp 30k's as yet.

One has over 700 hours, and the other is approaching 200.

I'll certainly be on the lookout for any glitches, and will report here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :-)
post #1786 of 2323 Old 01-01-2015, 04:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
if you guys don't have any other issues, I would be hesitant to try and get repair work at this point (unless it's totally dead). it's one of the risks of buying a model out of production, especially when the company has dropped out of the HT projector market.

I haven't seen this issue on mine yet, I think I've had it since April of last year.

hopefully all the 30K owners are using the G20 glasses and not the original G10's that came with the projector. I can't say enough good things about the G20's. I wish I could use them with all my 3D projectors, they are by far my favorites and I've used a ton of different 3D glasses over the years.

happy new year to all!
I can't agree more about the difference between the G20 and original G10's The G10's have been put away in my box of 3D glasses that I don't use anymore. Sadly, the box is nearly full. I wear glasses and the G20's are the most comfortable and best glasses that I have ever used. I can also say that the G30's are not that far behind.
post #1787 of 2323 Old 01-01-2015, 05:18 AM
fpr

Quote:

happy new year to all!
I use the G20's and G30's glasses. The G20 are more comfortable, but the G30's are better for children and for the IR sync, do not lose the signal at any point in my room, instead the G20 are more sensitive to the head rotation and do not receive signal in all areas (lost the IR sync in my second row of seats).
post #1788 of 2323 Old 01-04-2015, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have both the G20 and G30's and agree that they G30's hold IR sync better. I have had issues with the G20's loosing sync by turning my head and from side seats. I am also wondering if Zombie10k or anyone else has tried the following glasses with the Sharp. I am using the RF version with my JVC 4910 and they are light and very comfortable much better than the JVC/Expands. I am wondering how the IR version compares to the G20's I was thinking of trying a pair when Dimensional Optics runs it's next sale.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Sea...10001400000000

Last edited by rwestley; 01-04-2015 at 12:19 PM.
post #1789 of 2323 Old 01-05-2015, 11:32 AM

Liked: 17
The Sony PS3 3D glasses are inexpensive and work very well with the Sharp 30K. I use them for guests and children.

Last edited by rgrele; 01-05-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Link
post #1790 of 2323 Old 01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrele View Post
The Sony PS3 3D glasses are inexpensive and work very well with the Sharp 30K. I use them for guests and children.
+1 on the Sony glasses. I have not looked recently, but they were available for about $20 for awhile
post #1791 of 2323 Old 01-05-2015, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrele View Post
Yes, the Sony PS3 3D glasses do work but they are very heavy and uncomfortable compared to the Sharp 20D and the Dimensional Optics glasses.
post #1792 of 2323 Old 01-07-2015, 06:54 AM
fpr

Quote:
Hi,

What can be the problem?

Thanks.
These days I have had the problem more often, I find the projector with the standby light off, but when I plug and unplug the projector works correctly.

Maybe the problem is in the projector standby circuit?
In this case, would it be better to stay the projector without power (unplug) and plug only when when I go to use it?

Thanks.
post #1793 of 2323 Old 01-07-2015, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
These days I have had the problem more often, I find the projector with the standby light off, but when I plug and unplug the projector works correctly.

Maybe the problem is in the projector standby circuit?
In this case, would it be better to stay the projector without power (unplug) and plug only when when I go to use it?

Thanks.
I got an RF AC switch from the hardware store. Here it is from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555-Ou...+lights+switch

Plug the Z30K into the switch outlet . If the Z30K does not come on with the IR command from the remote, then just turn it on and off with the RF switch to reset it. Cost effective solution with minimal hassle.
FWIW, shortly after I installed it, the problem resolved itself (go figure). However, it still manifests occasionally. Push the RF button to turn OFF, then back ON-problem solved...
fpr likes this.
post #1794 of 2323 Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 AM
fpr

Quote:
I got an RF AC switch from the hardware store. Here it is from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555-Ou...+lights+switch

Plug the Z30K into the switch outlet . If the Z30K does not come on with the IR command from the remote, then just turn it on and off with the RF switch to reset it. Cost effective solution with minimal hassle.
FWIW, shortly after I installed it, the problem resolved itself (go figure). However, it still manifests occasionally. Push the RF button to turn OFF, then back ON-problem solved...
Thanks.
I'm worried that the projector standby circuit can be damaged over time.

Best Regards
post #1795 of 2323 Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm worried that the projector standby circuit can be damaged over time.

Best Regards
If it's similar to mine, then it probably does not happen often enough to be an issue. Also, there is some sort of automatic shutdown circuitry that turns off the PJ after a prolonged period of no input signal.
However, you could always use the RF switch to keep power to the Z30K off unless you wanted to use it. Then, push the button and you are back in business...

FWIW, the cosmos works in strange ways. Our PJ is mounted on a cathedral ceiling. So, it was a hassle to go get a 12 foot ladder every time the problem manifested. After the 3rd or 4th trip up an down (to unplug and replug in the AC cord), I dreamed up the RF switch idea. Shortly after I installed the the switch, the problem resolved itself and stopped happening. I'm sure it is somehow karma related.

Anyway, we continue to enjoy the Z30K and I'm grateful for the kindness of the universe.
Maybe you will have similar luck...
post #1796 of 2323 Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just received 1 pair of the Dimensional Optics Value 3D glasses and I am impressed. They hold the IR sync much better than the Sharp 20's and they are much lighter and very comfortable for those who wear glasses. I have to spend more time to compare then to the Sharp's and I would love to see what Zombie things about them.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Sea...10001400000000

These IR glasses look the same as the RF and DLP versions that Demensional Optics also sells. They are made by Hi Shock

http://www.hishock.com/EN_product-49-1.html
post #1797 of 2323 Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 AM

Are these available from Amazon or did you buy direct? I'll pick one up to check it out.

for some reason, I don't have any IR issues with the G20's. My screen is pretty big @ 142" I wonder if the IR is bouncing off the screen and flooding the room with the signal.
post #1798 of 2323 Old 01-10-2015, 03:53 PM
fpr

Quote:
If it's similar to mine, then it probably does not happen often enough to be an issue. Also, there is some sort of automatic shutdown circuitry that turns off the PJ after a prolonged period of no input signal.
However, you could always use the RF switch to keep power to the Z30K off unless you wanted to use it. Then, push the button and you are back in business...

FWIW, the cosmos works in strange ways. Our PJ is mounted on a cathedral ceiling. So, it was a hassle to go get a 12 foot ladder every time the problem manifested. After the 3rd or 4th trip up an down (to unplug and replug in the AC cord), I dreamed up the RF switch idea. Shortly after I installed the the switch, the problem resolved itself and stopped happening. I'm sure it is somehow karma related.

Anyway, we continue to enjoy the Z30K and I'm grateful for the kindness of the universe.
Maybe you will have similar luck...
The problem gets worse. Now when I unplug/plug the projector, the standby light stays on no more than two minutes. During the time that the standby ligth remains on I can turn on the projector and works correctly, but the thing is how long will last this standby circuit.

Have you got any idea what could be the problem?

I think I'll get in contact with Technical Support Sharp.

Thanks.
post #1799 of 2323 Old 01-10-2015, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The problem gets worse. Now when I unplug/plug the projector, the standby light stays on no more than two minutes. During the time that the standby ligth remains on I can turn on the projector and works correctly, but the thing is how long will last this standby circuit.

Have you got any idea what could be the problem?

I think I'll get in contact with Technical Support Sharp.

Thanks.
I'm not clear on the issues. If the projector is "working correctly", can you then cycle it on/off? What about using it? Can you watch a film and then turn it off? If so, then does it not turn on the next time, without an AC cycle?
If I recall, there is a "factory reset" of some sort. Have you tried it?
It sounds as if your problem is at least slightly different, especially if it happens all the time. Mine was intermittent...
From the various responses, it's clear that there is/was some issue with the remote/on/off circuitry. I will be interested to hear what Sharp Tech Support has to say at this point. Mine was new when I talked to them and there may be more data points now.
Please post back here with your experience.
Best of luck
post #1800 of 2323 Old 01-10-2015, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are these available from Amazon or did you buy direct? I'll pick one up to check it out.

for some reason, I don't have any IR issues with the G20's. My screen is pretty big @ 142" I wonder if the IR is bouncing off the screen and flooding the room with the signal.
Glad you are going to try a pair. I really like them and would love to see how you feel about them. They are available direct and through Ebay with free shipping and 10% off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251689605801...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi Shock makes them and Dimensional Optics has a similar RF model that I use with my JVC 4910. These are 4th generation glasses according to Hi Shock and so far I really like both the RF and IR versions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5 , Sharp An3dg20b 3d Glasses Black Single , Sharp He Xvz17000 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page