AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Update for the epson tw9000(5010) is ready (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/1399426-update-epson-tw9000-5010-ready.html)

john2910 03-12-2012 03:02 AM

The update is there and brings the following:

The update brings an improved programming of the IRIS membrane.

In addition, the "super resolution" now better aligned with the 5 institutions and our main criticism was that choppy 3D view now revised and corrected.

Unfortunately, the "inter-frame" is still only available for 2D display

sanderdvd 03-12-2012 05:40 AM

apparantly more information about the update is comming soon!

john2910 03-12-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

apparantly more information about the update is comming soon!

Yes we have to wait a bit longer...

john2910 03-13-2012 09:01 AM

Topic is edited...

sanderdvd 03-13-2012 12:24 PM

I just bought a new Epson TW9000 which just came right from Epson. How do I find out which firmware version my Epson has?

WynsWrld98 03-13-2012 03:21 PM

What does super resolution aligned with 5 institutions mean??

GrantMeThePower 03-13-2012 04:02 PM

I'd be interested to learn if this means there is any change to the input lag.

sanderdvd 03-13-2012 11:37 PM

We somehow need to find out the release notes of the new firmware.

I have a new Epson TW9000 which I bought yesterday. The dealer told me it has the latest firmware. I see that my menu has a 'superresolution' option which can be set from 1-5. Does this mean I have the new released firmware?

WynsWrld98 03-13-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

We somehow need to find out the release notes of the new firmware.

I have a new Epson TW9000 which I bought yesterday. The dealer told me it has the latest firmware. I see that my menu has a 'superresolution' option which can be set from 1-5. Does this mean I have the new released firmware?

No, I've had mine for about 6 weeks and it has the Super Resolution option with values 1-5 too.

sanderdvd 03-14-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

No, I've had mine for about 6 weeks and it has the Super Resolution option with values 1-5 too.

But how would one then find out which firmware version he has?????

toofast68 03-14-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

But how would one then find out which firmware version he has?????

Yes and and more importantly how can we UPDATE the unit if we have it at our homes ? I see no way to do this?

happybob 03-14-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post

The update is there and brings the following:

The update brings an improved programming of the IRIS membrane.

In addition, the "super resolution" now better aligned with the 5 institutions and our main criticism was that choppy 3D view now revised and corrected.

Unfortunately, the "inter-frame" is still only available for 2D display

john2910, where did you get your information on this new update? any more details on how we can get them? seems like you've created even more speculations...

WynsWrld98 03-14-2012 08:10 PM

I looked in the Info menu and the only field that MAY have firmware as part of it is named 'Status' but it's a long numeric value, have no idea if firmware version is part of this value but none of the other values looked like firmware version.

john2910 03-14-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybob View Post

john2910, where did you get your information on this new update? any more details on how we can get them? seems like you've created even more speculations...

Hello there

These information have i directly from my dealer(grobi in germany).

The update can only be done by your dealer or you need to call epson support.

I still need it to do to.

If i have time(its a long drive for me) i bring my epson to my dealer.(grobi).

They will do the update for me

happybob 03-14-2012 10:30 PM

Anyone in the US with more information on this 5010/6010 firmware update? Or is this an European release only?

john2910 03-15-2012 11:13 AM

Hopefully i will get the update done by the dealer this saturday.

I will let you know here the difference in performance.

toofast68 03-15-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post

Hopefully i will get the update done by the dealer this saturday.

I will let you know here the difference in performance.

See if you can find out what it addresses...what firmware you are on now vs. new one, etc.

Thanks much!

eazyriderr 03-15-2012 10:19 PM

"improved programming of the IRIS membrane"

Any ideas as to what this will do or mean?

toofast68 03-16-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyriderr View Post

"improved programming of the IRIS membrane"

Any ideas as to what this will do or mean?

Where did you find that ?

If I were to guess, I would say that they are trying to improve the function of the IRIS. Either quiet it down, or make the transition from light/dark scenes a bit smoother.

Elkhunter 03-16-2012 07:33 PM

To check your firmware:

1. Press and hold the Menu button for at least 8 seconds - then release it.

2. Press the Esc button twice.

3. Select the second page (Versions) by pressing the right navigation button once.

4. The projector's current firmware is the last three digits of the first line (P).

5. To exit - press the Menu button once.


According to Epson (I called them today), the current firmware is 104. It was released on Feb 2nd. The tech said that it corrects an alignment bug when the projector's were ceiling mounted.

Good news:
They are working on a user upgradeable method, which will be available "soon" - possibly in a week! The firmware will be sent out via email.

My 5010 needs an update - I have V100. Anyone with 104 (or 105,...)???

john2910:
What is your new firmware version - V105???

toofast68 03-16-2012 07:40 PM

Wow, wonder what that fix really means ?

Feb 2 is 6 weeks ago and we find this out now from epson ??

WynsWrld98 03-16-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post

To check your firmware:

1. Press and hold the Menu button for at least 8 seconds - then release it.

2. Press the Esc button twice.

3. Select the second page (Versions) by pressing the right navigation button once.

4. The projector's current firmware is the last three digits of the first line (P).

5. To exit - press the Menu button once.


According to Epson (I called them today), the current firmware is 104. It was released on Feb 2nd. The tech said that it corrects an alignment bug when the projector's were ceiling mounted.

Good news:
They are working on a user upgradeable method, which will be available "soon" - possibly in a week! The firmware will be sent out via email.

My 5010 needs an update - I have V100. Anyone with 104 (or 105,...)???

john2910:
What is your new firmware version - V105???

I tried this, steps 1 and 2 but the menu was gone after that, never saw what is described in step 3. I tried it three times and it didn't work for me. I have a 6010.

eazyriderr 03-17-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:


Good news:
They are working on a user upgradeable method, which will be available "soon" - possibly in a week! The firmware will be sent out via email.


If that turns out to be true that's great news. I'm loving my TW9000 and if they intend to make little further improvements that's awesome.

jslaw81 03-17-2012 03:41 AM

So how would we update the unit? Through the Ethernet port in the back that's for the 3d emitter?

drhankz 03-17-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaw81 View Post

So how would we update the unit? Through the Ethernet port in the back that's for the 3d emitter?

I am just guessing but my Guess is the RS232 port.

john2910 03-17-2012 05:04 AM

Today i did the update.

Mijn firmware was before the update 101.

And now its 104.

The iris is much smoother in the picture.

ALso the 3d seems to be more fluid.(less choppy)

Tonight i do some more testing i dont have much time now

I only watched a couple off minutes.

jslaw81 03-17-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post

Today i did the update.

Mijn firmware was before the update 101.

And now its 104.

The iris is much smoother in the picture.

ALso the 3d seems to be more fluid.(less choppy)

Tonight i do some more testing i dont have much time now

I only watched a couple off minutes.

How did you perform the update? Where did you get it?

john2910 03-17-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaw81 View Post

How did you perform the update? Where did you get it?

Its done by my dealer in germany.

jslaw81 03-17-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post


Its done by my dealer in germany.

Oh I bought mine from Projector People.com So I wouldn't be able to get mine updated that way. I should see what version I have though

jslaw81 03-17-2012 09:44 AM

I called Epson and they said there is no update at this time.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.