Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version) PT-AT6000E (European version) - Page 134 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1049Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3991 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
1499 brand new is a steal!!!!
Brian Fineberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3992 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,470
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhoakes View Post
Just pulled the trigger on this projector will be going 140XD with the Masking panels (I went with Non AT panels) going to move my speakers in 19" or so -

thanks for all your feedback ... BTW bought through a large dealer this morning online before they opened and there was a price drop on the 8000 today ! they notified me of the price drop. I was expecting to be pitched a extended warranty etc.... no funny business just good old customer service .. very refreshing ....

Thanks All !!!
Just my 2 cents... We moved our left and right speakers to the outer edges of the screen, and it improved the sound stage to where sounds were then coming from where they were on the screen.
ellisr63 is offline  
post #3993 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
Just my 2 cents... We moved our left and right speakers to the outer edges of the screen, and it improved the sound stage to where sounds were then coming from where they were on the screen.
agreed...only time i HATE this though..is when the actor is on the extreme side of the scope screen but the mixer left the dialogue in the center channel...screws with imaging...
ellisr63 likes this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3994 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,081
Mentioned: 611 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3794 Post(s)
Liked: 3576
@brianhoakes ,

There are only three authorized retailers right now for projectors from Panasonic.

B&H Photo
Projector People
and
AIG

Make sure you purchased from one of these three (they are now on sale at $1500 through 2/9/15) to ensure you have warranty coverage!

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #3995 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
^ and panasonic is ocd about warranties and rebates. $1500 is a fantastic price.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #3996 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Member
 
brianhoakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep it was one of the 3 mentioned... I have been keeping up with projectors for about 12 years now in hopes to finally have our "forever home" to build out a space .... I never thought that I would spend as little as 1500.00 for a quality projector... got to love moore's law and competition.

On a different note - might need to post in different area - does ATMOS support Front Wide Channels ? if so I might keep my inwall Triads inside the masking area.
brianhoakes is offline  
post #3997 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 11:54 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
yes in a 7.1.4 it does...

LCR + SR + SL + FWR + FWL . SW . Ceiling speakers
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #3998 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Last I remember, i didnt think atmos supported wides...maybe I confused it with something else then...

To get a better pj with similar features would be 3k-4k...like the jvc 4910. But I like the savings over the improvements a higher model may offer. Plus, I'll wait to upgrade for a laser pj when they go mainstream then spend more right now...the 8000 will hold over just fine till then.

Last edited by asoofi1; 01-23-2015 at 11:59 AM.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #3999 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Member
 
brianhoakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am wiring for 9.1.4 but will be running 7.1 on a 4 year old Denon until Atmos is out for a while ...
brianhoakes is offline  
post #4000 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Member
 
Trailwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a PT-AU4000U and am considering upgrading to the 8000U. I don't care about 3D. Two questions: This is a great price, but is it worth the upgrade in terms of picture quality and other features? and if I'm not using 3D, will I need to upgrade my HDMI cables? I run a 25-foot HDMI cable to the projector from my Onkyo TXNR 3009 receiver.
Trailwalker is offline  
post #4001 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
I have a PT-AU4000U and am considering upgrading to the 8000U. I don't care about 3D. Two questions: This is a great price, but is it worth the upgrade in terms of picture quality and other features? and if I'm not using 3D, will I need to upgrade my HDMI cables? I run a 25-foot HDMI cable to the projector from my Onkyo TXNR 3009 receiver.
Yes, worth it. You won't need new hdmi, but if you got the urge, the cable is priced very low on monoprice...cheaper if a deal comes on slickdeals.net.
Trailwalker likes this.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #4002 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carey P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just saw that new price. Makes me think it's now worth it to upgrade from my AE7000. They must be about to announce a 4K.

Last edited by Carey P; 01-23-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Carey P is offline  
post #4003 of 5963 Old 01-23-2015, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,081
Mentioned: 611 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3794 Post(s)
Liked: 3576
I predict Panasonic is getting out of the projector business.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #4004 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 05:58 AM
Member
 
neo_ny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This triggered my alert on slickdeals.. I know that this is a fantastic price but I am not in a hurry since I don't have a dedicated space yet! Anyone has any thoughts of this going any lower or should I just snap one up now?? Thanks!!!
neo_ny is offline  
post #4005 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,081
Mentioned: 611 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3794 Post(s)
Liked: 3576
If you don't have an end date in sight for your theater space and will leave this boxed up it's a tough call. Will it be a few years? 4K will be here by then?


This deal has a nice 3 year warranty, and it is quite a nice projector at an unbeatable price. It just depends on how long your theater completion roadmap is. Having seen a lot of projectors in home theater setups with my g2g travels -- 1080p doesn't get that much better than this IMO --- which is probably why Panasonic hasn't released a new model since late 2012. (If they aren't trying to get out of the projector business entirely).
ellisr63 likes this.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #4006 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Michael Sargent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Upgrade: Yes.
Cables: No.

Mike
Trailwalker likes this.
Michael Sargent is offline  
post #4007 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
This triggered my alert on slickdeals.. I know that this is a fantastic price but I am not in a hurry since I don't have a dedicated space yet! Anyone has any thoughts of this going any lower or should I just snap one up now?? Thanks!!!
Brand new with lens memory motorized focus 1080p pj with 3 yr warranty...ur set for 3 years until next gen tech picks up and is more cost effective. This is a proven pj for 3+ yrs. More pros than cons. Get it if you can use it within a few months. Price may drop more in 6 months if they closeout the model...but maybe 100 or 200 more. Worth the wait? Nah.
ellisr63 likes this.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #4008 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Member
 
neo_ny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If you don't have an end date in sight for your theater space and will leave this boxed up it's a tough call. Will it be a few years? 4K will be here by then?


This deal has a nice 3 year warranty, and it is quite a nice projector at an unbeatable price. It just depends on how long your theater completion roadmap is. Having seen a lot of projectors in home theater setups with my g2g travels -- 1080p doesn't get that much better than this IMO --- which is probably why Panasonic hasn't released a new model since late 2012. (If they aren't trying to get out of the projector business entirely).
When are the 4K ones estimated to hit the market? I do have space for a dedicated theater but it is in the attic (no basement in this house) .. my idea was not to try and build one until we move to a place that has a basement for which we have no set timeline right now. Maybe this purchase will push me to actually make use of the fantastic finished attic space we have! Btw, I looked at the pictures of your setup it looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Brand new with lens memory motorized focus 1080p pj with 3 yr warranty...ur set for 3 years until next gen tech picks up and is more cost effective. This is a proven pj for 3+ yrs. More pros than cons. Get it if you can use it within a few months. Price may drop more in 6 months if they closeout the model...but maybe 100 or 200 more. Worth the wait? Nah.
It sounded like this was on sale around $1799 during BF and now it has dropped to $1499. I was trying to figure out has this pretty much bottomed out at this price point or is there more room for it to come down in price since there is no *burning* need for one right this moment. But from what you said, if the play is only for another $100 - 200 bucks might as well pick one up now and start enjoying it!

Also, which seller is preferred bhphoto or projector central in terms of service if you end up with some issue with the product?
neo_ny is offline  
post #4009 of 5963 Old 01-24-2015, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
When are the 4K ones estimated to hit the market? I do have space for a dedicated theater but it is in the attic (no basement in this house) .. my idea was not to try and build one until we move to a place that has a basement for which we have no set timeline right now. Maybe this purchase will push me to actually make use of the fantastic finished attic space we have! Btw, I looked at the pictures of your setup it looks awesome!



It sounded like this was on sale around $1799 during BF and now it has dropped to $1499. I was trying to figure out has this pretty much bottomed out at this price point or is there more room for it to come down in price since there is no *burning* need for one right this moment. But from what you said, if the play is only for another $100 - 200 bucks might as well pick one up now and start enjoying it!

Also, which seller is preferred bhphoto or projector central in terms of service if you end up with some issue with the product?
BF deal was 1599 at BH and some others. BH is fast and reliable...service is great. I buy lots of things from there. Use their mobile app on your phone and checkout with Google Wallet in there... you might get an extra $25 off if they are still offering the promo for using their app&GW. You can still input any credit card.

4k coming to $1500 price range is a long way off...couple years at minimum is my guess. 1080p is plenty... I've using a 176" and no pixels can be seen from more than 6'+ feet anyway.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #4010 of 5963 Old 01-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Member
 
gramatik2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If you don't have an end date in sight for your theater space and will leave this boxed up it's a tough call. Will it be a few years? 4K will be here by then?


This deal has a nice 3 year warranty, and it is quite a nice projector at an unbeatable price. It just depends on how long your theater completion roadmap is. Having seen a lot of projectors in home theater setups with my g2g travels -- 1080p doesn't get that much better than this IMO --- which is probably why Panasonic hasn't released a new model since late 2012. (If they aren't trying to get out of the projector business entirely).
I have a question with regards to warranty terms. Standard warranty is 2year/2000hours. Is 1 year warranty increase from 2 to 3 years (with rebate form) still for 2000 hours?
gramatik2013 is offline  
post #4011 of 5963 Old 01-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Member
 
JojoToto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You guys just convinced me to buy this projector today. Now, which 3D glasses should I order from amazon -- PS3 3D glasses ($8.95) or VUE Series VSUI1600 3D glasses? Thank you!
JojoToto is offline  
post #4012 of 5963 Old 01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,404
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoToto View Post
You guys just convinced me to buy this projector today. Now, which 3D glasses should I order from amazon -- PS3 3D glasses ($8.95) or VUE Series VSUI1600 3D glasses? Thank you!
I wouldn't purchase the PS3 glasses for your own every use glasses... Even though functionally they work great, comfort-wise they suck... They are heavy and the temples squeeze your head above your ears to the point of making your head hurt. They would be fine for extras though.... for guest viewers..

I would definitely stick with the Panasonic TY-EW3d3m 3rd generation glasses as they work great and are nice and light (27 grams) and comfortable. Plus they hold a charge for a very long time... many movie viewings on a single charge.

I haven't personally used the Vue glasses...but with the non rechargeable battery and the flat wide open at the side style, they appear very similar to the Panasonic 1st gen glasses which had problems with reflected light getting in from the side due to that same open design...

On a side note, if the price of the PS3 glasses is too tempting to pass up, but you do find that the temples are indeed too tight... you can do the boiling water adjustment trick! Fill a tall mug or glass with boiling water and hold one of the temples in the water for about 30 seconds. Then take it out and carefully bend the end of the temple outward a bit and hold it there. You can then "set" it by putting it in some ice water. I did this trick on a couple pairs and it worked well to take the extra pressure off of my head....although they still are about twice as heavy as the Panny glasses which makes them just bit uncomfortable in that respect yet...
JojoToto likes this.
deano86 is online now  
post #4013 of 5963 Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Member
 
gramatik2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramatik2013 View Post
I have a question with regards to warranty terms. Standard warranty is 2year/2000hours. Is 1 year warranty increase from 2 to 3 years (with rebate form) still for 2000 hours?
http://www.projectorreviews.com/pana...jector-review/

Art's review (in spec box 1st page) lists a promotion effective at that time extending warranty from 2 to 3 years and 2000 to 3000 hours max. Very likely same applies to current offer (have to confirm).
$1500 plus bump in warranty sealed a deal for me.
gramatik2013 is offline  
post #4014 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Member
 
neo_ny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
BF deal was 1599 at BH and some others. BH is fast and reliable...service is great. I buy lots of things from there. Use their mobile app on your phone and checkout with Google Wallet in there... you might get an extra $25 off if they are still offering the promo for using their app&GW. You can still input any credit card.

4k coming to $1500 price range is a long way off...couple years at minimum is my guess. 1080p is plenty... I've using a 176" and no pixels can be seen from more than 6'+ feet anyway.
Thanks for your input, appreciate it! I had another question - I understand that mounting the projector is ideal but would this projector work and/or work well using it on a shelf instead? thanks!
neo_ny is offline  
post #4015 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_ny View Post
Thanks for your input, appreciate it! I had another question - I understand that mounting the projector is ideal but would this projector work and/or work well using it on a shelf instead? thanks!
Funny you ask that. I just placed mine on a shelf 7' up just last night. Cost me under $11. $4 for two "L" shelf brackets for 200lb per pair capacity...and a rubbermaid precut painted shelf from closet section in HD for about $6.

I was limited by the rear wall, as I needed to move the pj back a foot in order to fill the entire screen. So I cut a 7"x20" in the wall...it's a bit rough and temporary right now, but I'll make it clean later.

I was worried about how much vertical lens shift would be needed at that height since the pj would remain right side up, but I've got 2-3 feet to adjust the image down if my screen was even lower. It's this great amount of flexibilty that make me love this pj even more. Was tired after putting it up...so really appreciated being able to zoom/focus from the remote when I was finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422403999353.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	506705   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1422404030717.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	506713  
asoofi1 is offline  
post #4016 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Viruscwu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Washington
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I currently have a Mitsubishi RPTV and have been looking to take the plunge to front projection. My room is a light controlled basement. Will I be able to light up a 140-150" wide 2.35:1 AT screen. Seems like everything is working against me as far as size and AT. But with the size of my room this seems to make the most sense (26' x 18.5'). Will getting a curved screen with an A lens make much of a difference for brightness?
Viruscwu is offline  
post #4017 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 07:39 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
What will your throw distance be. You should have no problem lighting up that screen without a curved screen and a lense.

I light up a .8 gain at screen of 130" diagnol 2.35 from 15' away in Eco mode no problem
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #4018 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Member
 
jsthomps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would love to get the iso from you. I will PM
Thanks,
Scott
jsthomps is offline  
post #4019 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viruscwu View Post
I currently have a Mitsubishi RPTV and have been looking to take the plunge to front projection. My room is a light controlled basement. Will I be able to light up a 140-150" wide 2.35:1 AT screen. Seems like everything is working against me as far as size and AT. But with the size of my room this seems to make the most sense (26' x 18.5'). Will getting a curved screen with an A lens make much of a difference for brightness?
Yes.

Even if you have lights on in the room, over your seats and but not near the screen, it's watchable, but not optimal.

I project a 176 2.35 image from 19' feet in ECO mode.
ellisr63 likes this.
asoofi1 is offline  
post #4020 of 5963 Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Viruscwu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Washington
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
What will your throw distance be. You should have no problem lighting up that screen without a curved screen and a lense.

I light up a .8 gain at screen of 130" diagnol 2.35 from 15' away in Eco mode no problem
It's flexible since I'll be ceiling mounting it...up to 22ft I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Yes.

Even if you have lights on in the room, over your seats and but not near the screen, it's watchable, but not optimal.

I project a 176 2.35 image from 19' feet in ECO mode.
Thanks for the quick feedback guys. Order has been placed! Should be here for the Super Bowl 😀 Go Hawks!!!
Viruscwu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
contrast , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , green , green blob , issue , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , lcd , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector , Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , polarizer , PT-AE8000 , PT-AT6000 , PT-AT6000E , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off