Sorry unfortunately I have not had the time to do much 3D viewing, I have only watched Promethius and Snow White and the Huntsman movies since last week in 2D. Both are darkly lit movies in many scenes. I can report that the picture IS slightly better than the 7000. Its NOTa world of difference though. I had to invest about $1000 for the upgrade to the 8000 I'm still on the fence about it. Whether a 1k investment is worth a much brighhter picture and slightly more contrast and color is in the eyes & pocketbook of the beholder LOL. Tonight I am watching a color burst movie Madasgar 3 with my kids, I already know it will be total 100% eye candy. Those of you who own the 7000 and are on the fence I have to offer pro's and cons to think about...
Pro's to upgrade.
1) The value of the 7000 will continue to decline as the market floods with them.
2) Picture is WAY brighter than the 7000
3) Contrast/Colors are slightly better than the 7000
4) New projector = new warranty.
Con's to upgrade
1) Assuming you can get $1700-$2000 for a 7000 youre shelling out 1K!
2) Sending out for glasses sucks.
3) EXCELLENT projector but as someone mentoned, not sure the jump from the 7000 to the 8000 is worth $1000+
If someone is coming from something other than a 7000 ...DO IT! Pull the trigger, your socks will be knocked off.