Any new Panasonic model - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 125
What has panasonic said about a new model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-21-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 993
No word on anything new from Panasonic. They are not exhibiting at the CEDIA Expo this year. Perhaps they will carry the current models over for another year.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #3 of 8 Old 08-21-2013, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
I thought I read a post saying they were thinking about leaving the projector market due to poor sales from their last two models. Both of them weren't really the best value out there at the price point it was selling at. If they do bring another product to market they need to make sure it has a few features that set itself apart from the competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-21-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

I thought I read a post saying they were thinking about leaving the projector market due to poor sales from their last two models. Both of them weren't really the best value out there at the price point it was selling at. If they do bring another product to market they need to make sure it has a few features that set itself apart from the competition.

The report of Panasonic getting out of home theater projectors came out of Europe and then a Panasonic rep. denied that report. Panasonic is widely reported to be having financial difficulties and I could see them continuing with last year's models for another year until perhaps they will have a fully new model to introduce. For the past few generations of home theater projectors Panasonic has used Epson supplied LCD display chips and it appears that Epson is just doing a minor refresh of their projectors for 2014, so I doubt Panasonic would have any major improvements to offer even it they were to introduce a replacement for the PT-AE8000 this fall.

Ron Jones
post #5 of 8 Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

The report of Panasonic getting out of home theater projectors came out of Europe and then a Panasonic rep. denied that report. Panasonic is widely reported to be having financial difficulties and I could see them continuing with last year's model for another year until perhaps they will have a fully new model to introduce. Panasonic uses Epson supplied LCD display chips and it appears that Epson is just doing a minor refresh of their projectors for 2014, so I doubt Panasonic would have any major improvements to offer even it there were to introduce a replacement for the PT-AE8000 this fall.

There are several things that they could do that don't relate to the Epson LCDs. Things like perfecting a DI solution as I've never seen a 3LCD with a particularly good implementation, working on a new power supply and lamp as the last couple models didn't calibrate well and it took quite a toll on overall lumens in best mode when calibrated, or even something like their own brand of 'reality creation', a better lens, ect.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

There are several things that they could do that don't relate to the Epson LCDs. Things like perfecting a DI solution as I've never seen a 3LCD with a particularly good implementation, working on a new power supply and lamp as the last couple models didn't calibrate well and it took quite a toll on overall lumens in best mode when calibrated, or even something like their own brand of 'reality creation', a better lens, ect.

I agree there are several refinements they could make to their current projectors, but I would not be surprised if they save the expense of bringing out replacements for tis go around. We will probably know within the next few weeks if Panasonic will be introducing something new or not. Lacking any real information its all speculation at this point.

Ron Jones
post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 449
post #8 of 8 Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 125
That's not what I was hoping for:eek: Sorry to here it. They should lower the price on the ae8000, maybe that'll stimulate sales for them. PP still has them for about $2500, plus some imsentives. In this economy people want a bargain . Maybe the White House can do a stimulus package:p

PeterV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page