Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4501 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kilgore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Posts: 3,842
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
I going to do a D65 calibration with Chormapure and my Display 3 i1 Pro meter. What is the starting point for a good calibration? Is color temp value 3 the same as 6500K? And what does the ''Skin Tone'' value exactly do? By default it is on 3 but when doing a full CMS calibration, should t it be on ''0''? And what about the gamma value? Is ''0'' the best one when aiming for a 2.4 gamma curve?
I'm about due for a new calibration (I have almost 600 hours so far), and I will do much more experimentation this time around. When I did my first calibration at 100 hours, one thing I noticed for sure was that THX was somewhat undersaturated. The RGBCYM points on the CIE Color Chart couldn't be reached no matter how high I put the controls. I found that using Cinema instead gave me a much wider color gamut range with lots of overhead. I also used 75% Saturation patterns to calibrate as well. 100% ended up being somewhat oversaturated, but this was never an issue in real life.


I should also mention that I have a DVDO iScan Duo video processor that gives me a 10-point grayscale to work with, so I never had to work with Epson's Gamma control. I just left this and Skin Tone at the default. From what I've read in reviews, Gamma 0 is basically 2.2. You might have to go down the list to +2 to get closer to 2.4. You'd be better off trying to tackle the customized Gamma setting and working with it, but it can be a little awkward.


I did find that Blue in my overall grayscale was a little heavy Pre-Calibration, so I notched Color Temperature back to -2.


When I do my next full calibration, I'm going to spend more time with it so when I do, I'll post my results.
Kilgore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4502 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Newbie
 
jarozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Brightness or Bulb Issue?

I can't call support until tomorrow so I thought I would see if anyone has experienced this issue.

When the projector has been on for 30 minutes or so, the projector brightness starts flickering. It flicks brighter, then dimmer every few seconds, the timing isn't completely regular. It can be fine for 2-3 seconds before flickering again.

The flicker is not significant, if I tried to capture it on video I don't know if it would be noticeable. But this is something it certainly didn't do before.

It exhibits this behavior with several sources as well as the built-in test pattern. The lamp has just over 500 hours on it and the projector has been in use for 11 months and is running the 111 firmware.

Anyone seen this before?
jarozi is offline  
post #4503 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarozi View Post
I can't call support until tomorrow so I thought I would see if anyone has experienced this issue.

When the projector has been on for 30 minutes or so, the projector brightness starts flickering. It flicks brighter, then dimmer every few seconds, the timing isn't completely regular. It can be fine for 2-3 seconds before flickering again.

The flicker is not significant, if I tried to capture it on video I don't know if it would be noticeable. But this is something it certainly didn't do before.

It exhibits this behavior with several sources as well as the built-in test pattern. The lamp has just over 500 hours on it and the projector has been in use for 11 months and is running the 111 firmware.

Anyone seen this before?
Flicker usually means the bulb is going.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4504 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kilgore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Posts: 3,842
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarozi View Post
I can't call support until tomorrow so I thought I would see if anyone has experienced this issue.

When the projector has been on for 30 minutes or so, the projector brightness starts flickering. It flicks brighter, then dimmer every few seconds, the timing isn't completely regular. It can be fine for 2-3 seconds before flickering again.

The flicker is not significant, if I tried to capture it on video I don't know if it would be noticeable. But this is something it certainly didn't do before.

It exhibits this behavior with several sources as well as the built-in test pattern. The lamp has just over 500 hours on it and the projector has been in use for 11 months and is running the 111 firmware.

Anyone seen this before?

Do you run the lamp on ECO? If so, try running it on Normal over the course of a day or two, then switch back to Eco and see what happens. I've heard of this being an issue with the 8350's when they first came out, but not the 5030. Still, it's worth a try.
Kilgore is offline  
post #4505 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Member
 
ejfriis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I've got about 80 hours on this projector, and while I'm really happy with it, I feel like I'm not getting the detail in shadow areas that I would like. Black clothes are blending into dark backgrounds.

My room and ceiling are painted medium grey, and the screen wall is black. The room is so dark I can't see the remote buttons to pause the movie. I'm feeling around in the dark for my drink.

So I tried running the Disney WOW disc for brightness and contrast. I must be missing something here, because no matter what I do I can't get the left bars to show up on the brightness calibration. And I can't get the right bars to show on the contrast calibration.

Anybody have experience with this disc?
ejfriis is offline  
post #4506 of 6195 Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kilgore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Posts: 3,842
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
So I've got about 80 hours on this projector, and while I'm really happy with it, I feel like I'm not getting the detail in shadow areas that I would like. Black clothes are blending into dark backgrounds.

My room and ceiling are painted medium grey, and the screen wall is black. The room is so dark I can't see the remote buttons to pause the movie. I'm feeling around in the dark for my drink.

So I tried running the Disney WOW disc for brightness and contrast. I must be missing something here, because no matter what I do I can't get the left bars to show up on the brightness calibration. And I can't get the right bars to show on the contrast calibration.

Anybody have experience with this disc?

Try going into the 5030UB menu and go to Signal/Advanced.../HDMI Video Range/. What is it set to? Auto/Normal/Expanded are the choices. Also, what is your Blu-ray playback device? Sometimes you need to check it's settings to ensure that you are passing BTB and WTW (Blacker than Black, Whiter than White).
Kilgore is offline  
post #4507 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Member
 
ejfriis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
Try going into the 5030UB menu and go to Signal/Advanced.../HDMI Video Range/. What is it set to? Auto/Normal/Expanded are the choices. Also, what is your Blu-ray playback device? Sometimes you need to check it's settings to ensure that you are passing BTB and WTW (Blacker than Black, Whiter than White).
HDMI Video Range is greyed out. I can't select it. What does that setting mean, and why is it greyed out? I'm using a PS3.

Also, can you explain what "super white" does? It seems like dark scenes benefit with it off.

Edit: It looks like PS3 should enable "rgb full range" for BTB. This is a new concept for me, but I enabled it based on your suggestion. Still not seeing the bars for contrast/brightness on the calibration disc.

Last edited by ejfriis; 01-19-2015 at 12:24 AM.
ejfriis is offline  
post #4508 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 12:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kilgore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Posts: 3,842
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
HDMI Video Range is greyed out. I can't select it. What does that setting mean, and why is it greyed out? I'm using a PS3.

Also, can you explain what "super white" does? It seems like dark scenes benefit with it off.

Edit: It looks like PS3 should enable "rgb full range" for BTB. This is a new concept for me, but I enabled it based on your suggestion. Still not seeing the bars for contrast/brightness on the calibration disc.

Check out this link. It has detailed instructions on how to set up your PS3 for Blu-ray playback. It's an older article (2008), but it's still accurate for the PS3.


http://ca.ign.com/articles/2008/12/1...s3-for-blu-ray
Kilgore is offline  
post #4509 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Member
 
jaydee77ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Question Question about Image Processing setting and Memory

Hi,

I recently purchased an Epson 5030 UB and I have a question about the Memory feature and the Image Processing setting. It seems that when I save the settings in to a memory area it saves everything except the Image Processing setting. I have two Memory slots saved: one for Movies and one for Video Games. I want the Video Games memory setting to use "Fast" Image Processing and Movies to use "Fine" but when I load settings from those memory slots the Image Processing setting does not change. For example, if Image Processing is set to "Fine" and I load the Video Games settings from memory all the other settings change but the Image Processing is still set to "Fine". Shouldn't the Image Processing setting also change? Does it not save that setting in the memory? Does anyone else have this same behaviour? Wondering if I should go to the trouble to exchange my unit (ship it back, etc.).

Thanks!
jaydee77ca is offline  
post #4510 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,380
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Can someone explain to me what the Epson does when it get a 60Hz Blu-Ray 3D movie feed? Some kind of pulldown technique?
sanderdvd is offline  
post #4511 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kilgore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville Ontario
Posts: 3,842
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased an Epson 5030 UB and I have a question about the Memory feature and the Image Processing setting. It seems that when I save the settings in to a memory area it saves everything except the Image Processing setting. I have two Memory slots saved: one for Movies and one for Video Games. I want the Video Games memory setting to use "Fast" Image Processing and Movies to use "Fine" but when I load settings from those memory slots the Image Processing setting does not change. For example, if Image Processing is set to "Fine" and I load the Video Games settings from memory all the other settings change but the Image Processing is still set to "Fine". Shouldn't the Image Processing setting also change? Does it not save that setting in the memory? Does anyone else have this same behaviour? Wondering if I should go to the trouble to exchange my unit (ship it back, etc.).

Thanks!
The Memory feature only saves settings from the Image menu. You'll have to change the Image Processing setting manually.
Kilgore is offline  
post #4512 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Member
 
lglmoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
I going to do a D65 calibration with Chormapure and my Display 3 i1 Pro meter. What is the starting point for a good calibration? Is color temp value 3 the same as 6500K? And what does the ''Skin Tone'' value exactly do? By default it is on 3 but when doing a full CMS calibration, should t it be on ''0''? And what about the gamma value? Is ''0'' the best one when aiming for a 2.4 gamma curve?
I calibrated my 5030 using ChromaPure and a D3. First I highly recommend that you review Curt Palmer's updated ChromaPure and Gray Scale Calibration for Dummies:
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35322
I also recommend that you obtain the ChromaPure Blu-Ray calibration disk. Use the 75% saturation and 75% intensity fields for the RGBCMY.
I found that the best starting point for calibration is THX with 'Super White' off. Super-resolution also off for calibration only. I used -1 for Gamma of 2.22, -2 will give you something over 2.4, though you could adjust each level separately, but it's very time consuming.
Then follow Curt Palmer's instructions. You should get a great result with time a lot of patience. Kerry
lglmoris is offline  
post #4513 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Member
 
ejfriis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
Check out this link. It has detailed instructions on how to set up your PS3 for Blu-ray playback. It's an older article (2008), but it's still accurate for the PS3.


http://ca.ign.com/articles/2008/12/1...s3-for-blu-ray
Thank you, that headed me in the right direction. Turning on super white setting (and rgb limited) on the ps3 is allowing me to see the btb and wtw patterns on the test disc now.

I'm still confused as to what super white on this projector does, and also what the hdmi video range does (which enables when super white is off). Expanded seems to wash out the image, but surely there's more to it than that. What are you guys using for these settings?
ejfriis is offline  
post #4514 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
Thank you, that headed me in the right direction. Turning on super white setting (and rgb limited) on the ps3 is allowing me to see the btb and wtw patterns on the test disc now.

I'm still confused as to what super white on this projector does, and also what the hdmi video range does (which enables when super white is off). Expanded seems to wash out the image, but surely there's more to it than that. What are you guys using for these settings?
HDMI Video Range allows you to select which digital video signals levels are being used. Expanded is usually used for PC video, like with DVI, which uses the full 0-255 digital range steps for the video signal (Digital representation of the analog 0-100 IRE steps in analog video). Limited is the one you want for consumer electronics/digital video from things like DVRs, STBs, DVD/Blu-ray players, etc. because they use the 16-235 range for the normal video signals which allows for blacker than black signals (0-15) and whiter than white signals (236-255) to pass through and be seen, hence why you are now seeing the BTB and WTW bars.
Dave Harper is offline  
post #4515 of 6195 Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Member
 
chiltonj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Update: I switched from Dish to Directv over the weekend. Much better pq especially with NFL albeit the AFC game on CBS was definitely better than the Fox game but nowhere near the blur I was getting with Dish. Nothing against Dish as I had them for 4+ years and they treated me well at a good monthly rate but changing up with these providers is not a bad thing. After this Directv contract is up, I'm 99% confident that I'll be done paying people for TV especially with an OTA antenna that feeds 4 TVs just fine.
chiltonj is offline  
post #4516 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dear Epson users,

Since four weeks i`m A proud owner of the Epson 5030ub (here in the Netherlands called TW9200).
The overall image of this projector is great, but I`m very disappointed with how the Epson handles dark(er) scenes.
I`ve been searching all over the net for people with the same experience, but strange enough it seems that I`m the only one that encounters this 'problem'.

The best way to explain what I`m seeing in those dark scenes, is if there is A hazy/mist like/greyisch kind of tint.
For example; The last 15 minutes of 'Edge of tomorrow' gives A really poor picture.
The same with almost all the dark scenes in 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows 1 &2'.
there are A bunch of other movies/scenes where the same 'mist' is clearly visible.

About A week ago I returned my Epson because of a defect (there was a problem with the lamp I believe) and I became A new device.
The same haziness was there. So I think it is something that comes with the device other than A error of some kind.

I`m in A light controlled room with black walls, floor and sealing. The Epson is standing 3.30M from the 2.00M screen.
I`ve tried everthing but nothing seems to make A difference: HDMIcables, different screens, BD players, with and without receiver.

It would be highly apreciated if there is someone out there that is willing to shine some light on the matter!
I`m more then willing to give some extra info when needed...

Maybe my expectations where A bit to high and is A jvc A better option to get (way) better blacks?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Luuk
bassiened is offline  
post #4517 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Member
 
Flexnbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Lamp Replacement

I've searched and not been able to find much so excuse me if this has been covered. Can anyone with the 5030ub share their experience with lamp replacement? I've got about 200 hours, so I know I'm good for a while but have been thinking of buying another to have ready. When did you change yours? Just curious what kind of life people are getting out of the originals and still a quality picture. Thanks in advance.
Flexnbig is offline  
post #4518 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Member
 
bluebaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Grant FL, USA
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Thanks for posting, I think. I did the "pre-submission" on line 12/1 and mailed in the rebate form, receipt and UPC code the same day. I've never received any email confirmation and when I check status it says it's being processed. I assumed this meant they did, in fact, receive
it. After seeing the email you received & the date you sent it in I'm getting worried........
Anyone else??? Unfortunately, I just sent it regular mail--no tracking. DUHHHH....


Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Called them today and they told me that they did receive it so I'm all set.


BTW, I thought calling them would be a hassle. Not so. Talked with a pleasant human being within seconds and she found my info right away. Wish all calls to customer services were like this.


Ed
I did the pre submission on the 19th December and sent the paperwork on the same day. I was also getting worried and called them yesterday...19th January. Was even more concerned when they insisted I shouldn't have done anything online and that my details were not in the system. They told me to call back in a week and they would tell me what to do if my details were still not showing up.

Then a hour later I get the confirmation email...what a coincidence!!
bluebaron is offline  
post #4519 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gec5741's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chcago land area
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassiened View Post
Dear Epson users,

Since four weeks i`m A proud owner of the Epson 5030ub (here in the Netherlands called TW9200).
The overall image of this projector is great, but I`m very disappointed with how the Epson handles dark(er) scenes.
I`ve been searching all over the net for people with the same experience, but strange enough it seems that I`m the only one that encounters this 'problem'.

The best way to explain what I`m seeing in those dark scenes, is if there is A hazy/mist like/greyisch kind of tint.
For example; The last 15 minutes of 'Edge of tomorrow' gives A really poor picture.
The same with almost all the dark scenes in 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows 1 &2'.
there are A bunch of other movies/scenes where the same 'mist' is clearly visible.

About A week ago I returned my Epson because of a defect (there was a problem with the lamp I believe) and I became A new device.
The same haziness was there. So I think it is something that comes with the device other than A error of some kind.

I`m in A light controlled room with black walls, floor and sealing. The Epson is standing 3.30M from the 2.00M screen.
I`ve tried everthing but nothing seems to make A difference: HDMIcables, different screens, BD players, with and without receiver.

It would be highly apreciated if there is someone out there that is willing to shine some light on the matter!
I`m more then willing to give some extra info when needed...

Maybe my expectations where A bit to high and is A jvc A better option to get (way) better blacks?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Luuk

You know I have also noticed this. honestly I thought it maybe had something to do with the fact that I was streaming digital copies and not actual blu ray disc's. I also noticed it on edge of tomorrow. I've also seen it on Guardians of the Galaxy. Other movies also streaming have been fine however. So I still think it may have to do with the source and not so much the unit. Maybe others could share similar experiences?
gec5741 is offline  
post #4520 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
You know I have also noticed this. honestly I thought it maybe had something to do with the fact that I was streaming digital copies and not actual blu ray disc's. I also noticed it on edge of tomorrow. I've also seen it on Guardians of the Galaxy. Other movies also streaming have been fine however. So I still think it may have to do with the source and not so much the unit. Maybe others could share similar experiences?
i`m affraid it has nothing to do with the source.
I`ve tried a different BD player with an original BD, unfortunately with the same result.

If it really is A error or limitation of the 5030, I`m thinking of selling the Epson and buy A JVC.
bassiened is offline  
post #4521 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@gec5741 Im sorry, I misread your post.
I understand what you mean.
Maybe other users (Sony - JVC) have also poor image quality with the same movies.
That would be comforting to know.
bassiened is offline  
post #4522 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@gec5741

I`m sorry I misread your post.
I now understand what you mean.
I hope that other (sony-jvc) users have the same poor image quality concerning the mentioned movies
That would be comforting to know...
bassiened is offline  
post #4523 of 6195 Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gec5741's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chcago land area
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Yea I'm interested to know if that's the case as well.
gec5741 is offline  
post #4524 of 6195 Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sanderdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 2,380
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have a dust blob on my Epson 5030UB. Can this be fixed myself or does it need to be returned to Epson for repair?
sanderdvd is offline  
post #4525 of 6195 Old 01-21-2015, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,705
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 2597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
I have a dust blob on my Epson 5030UB. Can this be fixed myself or does it need to be returned to Epson for repair?
Warranty RMA back to Epson. Out of warranty send it to a shop unless you are an experienced electronics technician who is comfortable with delicate and intricate equipment. The LCD panels are very temperamental.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
post #4526 of 6195 Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gec5741's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chcago land area
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
You know I have also noticed this. honestly I thought it maybe had something to do with the fact that I was streaming digital copies and not actual blu ray disc's. I also noticed it on edge of tomorrow. I've also seen it on Guardians of the Galaxy. Other movies also streaming have been fine however. So I still think it may have to do with the source and not so much the unit. Maybe others could share similar experiences?
I was watching another digital copy of a movie last night and I noticed what I think your describing. For me some scenes I see what I can only describe as streaking. like I see trails when things move in certain scenes. I've played around with FI settings and non seem to help. I'm going to test and compare on the actual blu ray and see if I still see it. Still thinking it has to do with the streaming or the actual copy and compression used. But curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.
gec5741 is offline  
post #4527 of 6195 Old 01-21-2015, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FrankS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 1,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone who applied for the free bulb rebate received theirs yet?
Also is your rebate coming up on the Epson rebate status search?
How long since you sent your bulb rebate in?
FrankS is offline  
post #4528 of 6195 Old 01-21-2015, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
old corps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,787
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
Has anyone who applied for the free bulb rebate received theirs yet?
Also is your rebate coming up on the Epson rebate status search?
How long since you sent your bulb rebate in?

I sent mine in on 12/1. Never received an email confirming they received it so I called them last week. They said they had received it & it was still being processed. Says the same when I search for it online.


Ed

Last edited by old corps; 01-22-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo
old corps is offline  
post #4529 of 6195 Old 01-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Member
 
prince.nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MLP
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
Has anyone who applied for the free bulb rebate received theirs yet?
Also is your rebate coming up on the Epson rebate status search?
How long since you sent your bulb rebate in?

I sent my rebate form in late October. I didn't receive a confirmation email, but yesterday I received a message from fedex that a package from Epson was on its way.

My Home Theater Build: Geeky Talkies
prince.nothing is offline  
post #4530 of 6195 Old 01-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am unable to decide on a good screen size for my light controlled media which is 17 Long X 14 wide. Debating between 133 inch vs 120 inch to pair with my 5030ub. Wanted to check what the majority of this forum recommends?
rkothapa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off