Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 198 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5911 of 6195 Old 08-11-2016, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Hawkmarket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos7272 View Post
Hi All,
just need help with my Epson 9200 5030UB. i only got mine few weeks ago and the fan noise is unbearable when on higher lamb setting. i have been searching about it and some people have same issue and some say there is no issue. is it possible that some units are better than other ? i want to complain to Epson but then how do i prove that mine is louder than others? can anyone help with that?


You could return it and get the 5040 that comes out in a couple weeks. With that one it has another mode between ECO and Normal that is every bit as bright as high lamp mode on the 5030 but apparently is much quieter. I also have the 5030 and when I hung it on the ceiling it definitely added noise. It's not really bothersome when I'm watching an action movie but fan noise will be a bigger priority with my next projector and the new Epson's in Medium mode supposedly check that box. I'd highly consider that vs. spending the next three years watching a darker picture or noticing the fan noise in high lamp mode during quieter scenes.
Bluescale likes this.
Hawkmarket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5912 of 6195 Old 08-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
WindsorTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Blue band is exactly the problem I had with my 3020 that I just bought a 5030ub to fix.

See this thead:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-dig...ight-side.html

If you go down that thread rabbit hole you willbfind some instructions on opening the projector and reseating lenses. I tried it, it was hard and didn't fix it, but maybe you will have better luck.

xnappo
Worked for me. had to redo it every 6 months or so due to thermal cycling. Today opened it up again to reseat and ended up damaging an LCD ribbon due to over cycling / bending. also some of the clips on the board that clamps the ribbon cables from the LCD to the main board loosened and fell off.

Long story short now looking at a used 5030 to replace the 3010. No regrets though. The lens reseat worked for years.
WindsorTheater is offline  
post #5913 of 6195 Old 08-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Member
 
ejfriis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I have had the 5030UB for awhile now, and it has served me well.

Right in the middle of a movie today, suddenly these little squares showed up all over the screen in a grid pattern. Each square is made of red, green, blue dots. See photo.

It does it even without the receiver on, and I checked the cables. I think it is the projector.

What can I do about this? I'm going to go dig up my paperwork before I contact Epson, but was hoping there was something I could do on my end?

Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_230011.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1601361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_230017.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1601369   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_223148.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	1601377  
ejfriis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5914 of 6195 Old 08-13-2016, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I have had the 5030UB for awhile now, and it has served me well.

Right in the middle of a movie today, suddenly these little squares showed up all over the screen in a grid pattern. Each square is made of red, green, blue dots. See photo.

It does it even without the receiver on, and I checked the cables. I think it is the projector.

What can I do about this? I'm going to go dig up my paperwork before I contact Epson, but was hoping there was something I could do on my end?

Thanks for any advice.
Unfortunately, it's a bad omen. You can try to power the unit down completely by removing the power cable and reseting all options to default. Them try the test screens for panel alignment to see if the problems exist there. If they do, your LCDS or LCD controller are bad.
climber07 is offline  
post #5915 of 6195 Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Member
 
ejfriis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Unfortunately, it's a bad omen. You can try to power the unit down completely by removing the power cable and reseting all options to default. Them try the test screens for panel alignment to see if the problems exist there. If they do, your LCDS or LCD controller are bad.

Actually removing the power cable and plugging back in fixed it! I called Epson, and that was also their advice. He says a 'false error' occurs occasionally, and it has something to do with the screen door effect in the lens. I pushed for a more technical explanation but didn't get one. He made it sound like this is somewhat common, and might happen once or twice over the lifetime of the projector.

I'll post back if I see it again.

Overall I found the customer support helpful and polite.
ejfriis is offline  
post #5916 of 6195 Old 08-15-2016, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
Actually removing the power cable and plugging back in fixed it! I called Epson, and that was also their advice. He says a 'false error' occurs occasionally, and it has something to do with the screen door effect in the lens. I pushed for a more technical explanation but didn't get one. He made it sound like this is somewhat common, and might happen once or twice over the lifetime of the projector.

I'll post back if I see it again.

Overall I found the customer support helpful and polite.
That's awesome news. Glad you're out of the woods on that one. They do have great customer service.
climber07 is offline  
post #5917 of 6195 Old 08-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Member
 
jaydee77ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Has anyone found any easy home fixes for a loud iris? I got a new unit recently due to lamp flicker in my old one. The iris on this one is quieter than my old one. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's a different unit or that I did something different/better when installing it. That made me think maybe there is a way to make it even quieter. Like maybe by putting rubber somewhere to avoid vibration or something. Just thought I'd see. Any ideas? Thanks?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jaydee77ca is offline  
post #5918 of 6195 Old 08-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
My 5030 has developed a semi-bright red blob all of the sudden. It's by the left edge of the picture, about halfway up, about the size of 3 quarters (coins) on my 100" screen, and only visible on darker content. I see it when that area is maybe IRE 40 and down to black. It's fairly distracting. Since it only shows on dark content I can't get a good picture of it though.

Does anybody know what it might be?
willieconway is offline  
post #5919 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 02:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
talon95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,512
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
My 5030 has developed a semi-bright red blob all of the sudden. It's by the left edge of the picture, about halfway up, about the size of 3 quarters (coins) on my 100" screen, and only visible on darker content. I see it when that area is maybe IRE 40 and down to black. It's fairly distracting. Since it only shows on dark content I can't get a good picture of it though.

Does anybody know what it might be?
Dust blob on one of the LCD panels. Mine has one too although it's not as visible as yours. Only shows up when the image is mostly black.
willieconway likes this.
talon95 is offline  
post #5920 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post
Dust blob on one of the LCD panels. Mine has one too although it's not as visible as yours. Only shows up when the image is mostly black.
Well, while I'd prefer to get a flawless unit, Epson's great customer service strikes again. I'm getting a warranty replacement sent to me early next week. I opted for the credit card hold so that I can keep my current unit until then.

The rep had me perform a few trouble-shooting steps; clean the lens, unplug all cables, turn on with no HDMI cable plugged in. As expected nothing worked. He didn't tell me what the issue might be but I also didn't ask.

The replacement will be my 3rd unit. My first one developed flickering after about 500 hours.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
willieconway is offline  
post #5921 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
talon95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,512
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Mine is so minor that I can't decide if I want to try to get a replacement or not. I've got until next April anyway.
talon95 is offline  
post #5922 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post
Mine is so minor that I can't decide if I want to try to get a replacement or not. I've got until next April anyway.
If it doesn't bother you and you're otherwise happy with the unit, I would also consider doing nothing. My current unit that I'll be returning next week is quieter than my first one. In addition it's almost 100% accurate out of the box in THX mode whereas my first unit required quite a bit of adjustment. It does pain me to send it back but the red blob is just too visible.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
willieconway is offline  
post #5923 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Just picked up a 5030UB for $1100. The salesman said it was much better than 2400 and was only $100 more on sale.

This is my first projector and I have quite a bit to say about it.

First, my old tv: LCD (not LED) from 2006. I am moving and this was a really old set with terrible quality so I finally decided to upgrade.

I am currently projecting 5030ub on a yellow wall with small room so only ~50" display.

I calibrated the unit with THX mode, low interpolation, detail enhancement at 3. Did some panel adjustments as my blue was a bit high, everything else is fine.

The quality is out of this world. Better than my local cinema. I can't imagine how it will look on a proper screen and at 100".

The unit is SUPER quiet. I can't even hear the fan running, I don't know how people can hear it at all. I even put my ear all the way to the projector and it's whisper quiet.


SUPER happy with the projector. Glad I spent an extra $100 instead of 2400.
Bluescale likes this.
3lcd is offline  
post #5924 of 6195 Old 08-26-2016, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
los seres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
My 5030 has developed a semi-bright red blob all of the sudden. It's by the left edge of the picture, about halfway up, about the size of 3 quarters (coins) on my 100" screen, and only visible on darker content. I see it when that area is maybe IRE 40 and down to black. It's fairly distracting. Since it only shows on dark content I can't get a good picture of it though.

Does anybody know what it might be?
Definetly a dust blob on the red lcd panel. I had 2 on the green Lcd panel and since my projector was out of warranty I went ahead and opened the projector and
blew the dust out with compressed air. If you ever want to try this and are handy with tools all you will need is a Phillips screwdriver and some patience. This guy has
a cool teardown of the 6030ub Projector (which is basically a 5030ub in black).
Bluescale and willieconway like this.
los seres is offline  
post #5925 of 6195 Old 08-28-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
xnappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,965
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by los seres View Post
This guy has
a cool teardown of the 6030ub Projector (which is basically a 5030ub in black).
Wow that is a great video! I didn't really know how these projectors work and he explained the internals quite clearly!
xnappo is offline  
post #5926 of 6195 Old 08-28-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,513
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12541 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
My 5030 has developed a semi-bright red blob all of the sudden. It's by the left edge of the picture, about halfway up, about the size of 3 quarters (coins) on my 100" screen, and only visible on darker content. I see it when that area is maybe IRE 40 and down to black. It's fairly distracting. Since it only shows on dark content I can't get a good picture of it though.

Does anybody know what it might be?
Sounds like a dust blob. Adjust the focus and see if you can't focus in on the blob.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #5927 of 6195 Old 08-28-2016, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,513
Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12541 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Well, while I'd prefer to get a flawless unit, Epson's great customer service strikes again. I'm getting a warranty replacement sent to me early next week. I opted for the credit card hold so that I can keep my current unit until then.

The rep had me perform a few trouble-shooting steps; clean the lens, unplug all cables, turn on with no HDMI cable plugged in. As expected nothing worked. He didn't tell me what the issue might be but I also didn't ask.

The replacement will be my 3rd unit. My first one developed flickering after about 500 hours.
I usually do not recommend customers clean a lens. You can look at the lens, with light coming out and see if it is dirty. All you need to do is focus in on the blob and then you can see if it is a dust blob. You can lens shift and if blob moves, then that eliminates anything to do with the screen. Or place a piece of paper over the screen and if blob still there, then can't be screen.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #5928 of 6195 Old 08-30-2016, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I received and hooked up my replacement unit yesterday. I may call Epson and ask to keep my old unit even though it has a red patch (dust blob)... This new unit has very poor uniformity; the image goes from pink to green to pink and is much brighter in the center than on the sides. I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it show on camera, but it's so bad that I was unable to calibrate it because measurements change drastically depending on where I point the meter. I'm going to take another look tonight and then decide.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
willieconway is offline  
post #5929 of 6195 Old 08-30-2016, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,703
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
I received and hooked up my replacement unit yesterday. I may call Epson and ask to keep my old unit even though it has a red patch (dust blob)... This new unit has very poor uniformity; the image goes from pink to green to pink and is much brighter in the center than on the sides. I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it show on camera, but it's so bad that I was unable to calibrate it because measurements change drastically depending on where I point the meter. I'm going to take another look tonight and then decide.
Just call them and tell them the refurb unit is not working out. You can send it back and they will send another.
Adam_WM and willieconway like this.
climber07 is offline  
post #5930 of 6195 Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
WestCDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
I received and hooked up my replacement unit yesterday. I may call Epson and ask to keep my old unit even though it has a red patch (dust blob)... This new unit has very poor uniformity; the image goes from pink to green to pink and is much brighter in the center than on the sides. I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it show on camera, but it's so bad that I was unable to calibrate it because measurements change drastically depending on where I point the meter. I'm going to take another look tonight and then decide.
Send the replacement back and have them send you another one - and keep sending them until you get one where the performance is up to par .... From what I've heard Epson has been very good for customer support.
WestCDA is offline  
post #5931 of 6195 Old 09-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
Send the replacement back and have them send you another one - and keep sending them until you get one where the performance is up to par .... From what I've heard Epson has been very good for customer support.
I had to get referred to Epson's advanced customer support but they understood the issue immediately and arranged for a 2nd replacement unit to me be overnighted to me. I received it yesterday and could tell right away that it was much better. No apparent uniformity issues, and it looked great out of the box. When I measured the grescale I didn't have a dE over 2, and color gamut dEs were even lower.

This is now the 3rd unit I've had that was near perfect out of the box in THX mode. The unit with uniformity problems was so visibly bad that measurements only confirmed what I already knew. It shouldn't have left their warehouse.

Based on my experience I'd say that anyone who cares about accuracy but doesn't want to spring for a calibration really just needs to select THX mode and leave it. Chances are that a calibration won't make much of a difference anyway.

So yes, Epson has fantastic customer service. Make sure to have a serial number ready when you call them though, or you won't get far.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
willieconway is offline  
post #5932 of 6195 Old 09-06-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Waterboy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Also posted in Marantz Thread.....


So I'm not sure if this is a PS3, 7010 or Epson 5030 thing.....

Connections like this
PS3---> hdmi (6')-----> Game IN---7010-- Monitor 1 -----> hdmi (40')-----> Epson 5030

I have tried a 7010 soft reset and powering up in all sorts of combinations / order
When I power up the PS3 then the 7010 everything seams to connects ok till the 5030 comes on....All I get is blue screen flash on projector and the display on the 7010 flashing on and off the DIG. , PCM and speaker sets
When power up the Epson the 7010 auto starts, then PS3 and the flashing starts right away

What does seem to help is switching to Monitor 2 and powering up PS3 then 7010 then 5030...... but even then it glitched on a subsequent power up.

40' HDMI cable is a good one and has no problem with my computer.....
That's the strange thing the computer has no problem on monitor 1 or 2 and in any power up order.

Thoughts????
PS3 to old.....hdmi compatibility???

One day I will start the new theater....... one day..... THAT DAY HAS ARRIVED
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Family Cave Theater
Automation Thoughts/ Questions
Waterboy77 is offline  
post #5933 of 6195 Old 09-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
WestCDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy77 View Post
...So I'm not sure if this is a PS3, 7010 or Epson 5030 thing.....

PS3 to old.....hdmi compatibility???
I'd bypass your receiver for a start, and try connecting the PS3 directly to the 5030 to narrow it down - followed by changing out cables if necessary.

I'm using an original 'fat' 60GB model PS3 with my 5030. The PS3 is set to 1080p HDMI output, and is connected to a Yamaha AVR that is used as an HDMI switch for the PS3 and 6 other HDMI devices. HDMI out from the Yamaha is sent to an 8 way HDMI splitter, which is then connected to several different displays over Monoprice cables, mostly 25 to 50 feet. None of the cables are specially rated, other than being an appropriate gauge for the distance. I've never had any issues with display degradation, input switching, or video/audio dropouts. The AVR switches HDMI inputs both when powered on, and in standby mode. The farthest display used with the PS3 has a 6 foot cable from the PS3 to the AVR, a 6 foot cable from the AVR to the splitter, a six inch 'port saver' connected from the splitter to a 50 foot cable that runs to a remote wall plate, and a 10 foot cable from the wall plate to the display. Nine different HDMI couplings on that run, and over 72 feet of cable in total - perfect video and audio.
WestCDA is offline  
post #5934 of 6195 Old 09-06-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Waterboy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
I'd bypass your receiver for a start, and try connecting the PS3 directly to the 5030 to narrow it down - followed by changing out cables if necessary.

I'm using an original 'fat' 60GB model PS3 with my 5030. The PS3 is set to 1080p HDMI output, and is connected to a Yamaha AVR that is used as an HDMI switch for the PS3 and 6 other HDMI devices. HDMI out from the Yamaha is sent to an 8 way HDMI splitter, which is then connected to several different displays over Monoprice cables, mostly 25 to 50 feet. None of the cables are specially rated, other than being an appropriate gauge for the distance. I've never had any issues with display degradation, input switching, or video/audio dropouts. The AVR switches HDMI inputs both when powered on, and in standby mode. The farthest display used with the PS3 has a 6 foot cable from the PS3 to the AVR, a 6 foot cable from the AVR to the splitter, a six inch 'port saver' connected from the splitter to a 50 foot cable that runs to a remote wall plate, and a 10 foot cable from the wall plate to the display. Nine different HDMI couplings on that run, and over 72 feet of cable in total - perfect video and audio.
Good Idea, I will try going direct
I also have the "fat" model..... I am also going to double check / modify some of the PS3 video settings.
Cable wise I think I am ok as there are no issues with the PC, I did switch around some of the 6 footers on the rack but no luck
I was able to get all the way through Star Wars (my premiere movie) with out any glitches after a lot of farting around....but last night it would blank out briefly then run good for 20-30 min


I notice your from Calgary also, we have a group of guys that get together every once and a while to geek out and bs on HT https://www.avsforum.com/forum/61-are...-together.html

One day I will start the new theater....... one day..... THAT DAY HAS ARRIVED
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Family Cave Theater
Automation Thoughts/ Questions
Waterboy77 is offline  
post #5935 of 6195 Old 09-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Spoonsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Stranger Things...

Me and my two boys have been enjoying watching Stranger Things on Netflix recently, even more so watching it on our 5030!

Loads of grainy and dark scenes that make the 5030 sing.

Our HT room has light coloured carpet and walls (except for the screen wall that's painted black), so it's not 100% ideal for projector viewing but I have to say I'm very happy with the results.

Here's a few shots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1646641   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1646649   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1646657   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_4.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1646665   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_5.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1646673  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ST_6.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1646681  
Spoonsey is offline  
post #5936 of 6195 Old 09-07-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonsey View Post
Me and my two boys have been enjoying watching Stranger Things on Netflix recently, even more so watching it on our 5030!

Loads of grainy and dark scenes that make the 5030 sing.

Our HT room has light coloured carpet and walls (except for the screen wall that's painted black), so it's not 100% ideal for projector viewing but I have to say I'm very happy with the results.

Here's a few shots...
I really enjoyed Stranger Things - especially the soundtrack. Season 2 was officially announced last week. 9 episodes....already named and a continuation of season 1..... see link below for Trailer.


Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #5937 of 6195 Old 09-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lcd View Post
Just picked up a 5030UB for $1100. The salesman said it was much better than 2400 and was only $100 more on sale.
$1,100 - that's a fantastic price for this projector.

I just got mine earlier this year (Feb?) for....$2,300
lacrossewacker is offline  
post #5938 of 6195 Old 09-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Michaeldef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 49
3rd 5030 is a charm

After dealing with the original 5030, that just never looked good compared to a earlier 6200 ?, it was replaced with a 2nd one, that was just horrible, having to take 17 steps out of the color settings and still looking oversaturated to say the least, I had Epson send a 3rd 5030, finally using last night on the NFL game it was way sharper and near perfect on thx mode wich were unwatchable on the previous 2. For some reason the color was great at +2 instead of -17, I dont know why these differ, whether hardware or personel but when something does not seem right, get a replacement, there are vast differences in these
climber07 likes this.
Michaeldef is offline  
post #5939 of 6195 Old 09-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Newbie
 
Sunocoguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems that my 5030ub picture is no longer crisp and sharp like it once was. It seems that the projector can't stay focused and the image goes from clear to a bit blurry. The unit only has 300 hours on it and is under warranty. Any advice from the experts here?
Sunocoguy is offline  
post #5940 of 6195 Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
talon95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,512
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunocoguy View Post
It seems that my 5030ub picture is no longer crisp and sharp like it once was. It seems that the projector can't stay focused and the image goes from clear to a bit blurry. The unit only has 300 hours on it and is under warranty. Any advice from the experts here?
Did you focus it after it warmed up? If so and it still just goes out of focus after a while, must be something wrong in the optics.
talon95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off