Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 206 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 395Likes

post #6151 of 6176 Old 03-17-2019, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Lamp replacements
Where is the best place to get a replacement? I’ve read bad things from Amazon, so who have you used with success please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6152 of 6176 Old 03-17-2019, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by edogyip View Post
Lamp replacements
Where is the best place to get a replacement? I’ve read bad things from Amazon, so who have you used with success please?

I bought a genuine OEM lamp for mine from B&H Photo. Not too much discounted from the Epson store, but still a savings. Don't go cheap, you'll regret it in the long run.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...=835104&is=REG

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #6153 of 6176 Old 03-25-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I"m also in need of a new bulb. I found this link https://www.purelandsupply.com/epson...xoCWiEQAvD_BwE

what's can be the issue with this one? Could it maybe come not with 0 hours on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6154 of 6176 Old 03-25-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I"m also in need of a new bulb. I found this link https://www.purelandsupply.com/epson...xoCWiEQAvD_BwE

what's can be the issue with this one? Could it maybe come not with 0 hours on it?
Well, there is a recent unsatisfied review for our projector..
https://www.projectorcentral.com/dea...dealer_id=8224
post #6155 of 6176 Old 03-25-2019, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Do people have spare bulbs sitting around? I don't think I need a new bulb, but I'd be mad if I wanted to watch a movie and couldn't.

Though, changing the bulb may take longer than my wife would like . . .
post #6156 of 6176 Old 03-25-2019, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Do people have spare bulbs sitting around? I don't think I need a new bulb, but I'd be mad if I wanted to watch a movie and couldn't.

Though, changing the bulb may take longer than my wife would like . . .
Well, I did but now am using it as the old one gets flickery - so can swap that back in in a pinch. Depends on whether you want an excuse to buy a new projector
post #6157 of 6176 Old 03-25-2019, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mine just started flickering also. Had to set it to normal from eco. I'm about 950 hours on this bulb. Although now since I've moved thus gets used a ton more than it used to. And for longer periods of time.
post #6158 of 6176 Old 03-26-2019, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mine just started flickering also. Had to set it to normal from eco. I'm about 950 hours on this bulb. Although now since I've moved thus gets used a ton more than it used to. And for longer periods of time.
Yeah, that is super annoying with this projector. I hate the fan noise on normal, but it does stop the flickering. I put up with it for a long time then finally swapped it out. 950 is really short though..
post #6159 of 6176 Old 03-26-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I ran it in normal for a few hours. Came home last night and my GF was watching a show on it and it was back in eco and not flickering. I thought 900's was a bit short to need to replace. It's been a few years since I replaced the original bulb and I've been on the free one I got from Epson with the projector. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and if I have to switch in and out of normal mode I can live with that. I plan to run this bulb into the ground. I still have my original build also and wrote on the box what the hours were when I swapped it. I think that one still has a some life on it also as I probably changed it out sooner then it needed. That was when the Cubs won the world series and I wanted to watch that all with the best picture possible. So maybe I'll buy a new bulb soonish and just run the two I have till they get really bad. I've been using the PJ as my main TV lately because It sat unused for over half a year and I missed it!
post #6160 of 6176 Old 03-26-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just ordered this on ebay. It say's OEM Original Lamp. Seller has good feedback and 30 day return so I can pop it in and make sure it's new I guess. At $109 the Price is better than $250 so I figured I'd try it. Say's 10 more available but looks like you can find them. Fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BulbOrder.png
Views:	15
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	2544494  

Last edited by gec5741; 03-26-2019 at 01:58 PM.
post #6161 of 6176 Old 03-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
I ran it in normal for a few hours. Came home last night and my GF was watching a show on it and it was back in eco and not flickering. I thought 900's was a bit short to need to replace. It's been a few years since I replaced the original bulb and I've been on the free one I got from Epson with the projector. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and if I have to switch in and out of normal mode I can live with that. I plan to run this bulb into the ground. I still have my original build also and wrote on the box what the hours were when I swapped it. I think that one still has a some life on it also as I probably changed it out sooner then it needed. That was when the Cubs won the world series and I wanted to watch that all with the best picture possible. So maybe I'll buy a new bulb soonish and just run the two I have till they get really bad. I've been using the PJ as my main TV lately because It sat unused for over half a year and I missed it!
My 5030 is now in a closet but when I was using it I'd get between 400 and 700 hours on a bulb before the flickering started. Running it on high for a while only solved the issue for a few hours. I had resigned myself to the fact that I'd simply have to buy a new bulb every 6 months. At least they aren't at JVC bulb prices...
post #6162 of 6176 Old 03-26-2019, 01:48 PM

I ordered the B&H bulb recommended earlier, and I'll report back Friday after installing it. This projector is used as a main room TV, so I wanted to make sure the bulb will get me another 4000+ hours. Got to keep the wife and kids happy.
post #6163 of 6176 Old 04-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogyip View Post
I ordered the B&H bulb recommended earlier, and I'll report back Friday after installing it. This projector is used as a main room TV, so I wanted to make sure the bulb will get me another 4000+ hours. Got to keep the wife and kids happy.
New bulb came in 3 days and was an easy swap. I had forgotten how bright the projector used to be on a new bulb. Used all weekend and so far so good.
post #6164 of 6176 Old 04-01-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I receive the bulb I ordered off of ebay. I've yet to put it in the projector but I probably should and test it out before the 30 day return policy. My only issue with doing that is my current bulb with almost 950 hours while flickers from time to time on eco is still decent. I could go back to using that bulb and just use it till it dies. But if I see a bright new bulb it may be hard to go back to the older bulb. uhhg decisions decisions.
post #6165 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I have 5030-UB projector (3+ year old and bulb used for 650 hours in ECO mode) and started seeing horizontal red dotted lines on the screen. They appear on left half of the screen and right half of the screen shows a clear image. I already troubleshoot the issue to isolate the issue in my device vs receiver vs projector and found that it comes from a projector only.

Has anyone got this issue before and share their opinion on how to fix it? I do have an extended warranty purchased from SquareTrade and it's covered till end of this year.

Any advices?
post #6166 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnoob84 View Post
I have 5030-UB projector (3+ year old and bulb used for 650 hours in ECO mode) and started seeing horizontal red dotted lines on the screen. They appear on left half of the screen and right half of the screen shows a clear image. I already troubleshoot the issue to isolate the issue in my device vs receiver vs projector and found that it comes from a projector only.

Has anyone got this issue before and share their opinion on how to fix it? I do have an extended warranty purchased from SquareTrade and it's covered till end of this year.

Any advices?
You paid for a warranty - I would use it! Anything else is going to involve pointing you to a thread to take the thing apart...
post #6167 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
You paid for a warranty - I would use it! Anything else is going to involve pointing you to a thread to take the thing apart...
So you don't think it's a bulb issue and it's more deep than that?

I never claimed any warranty issues thru SquareTrade. Any idea on how good they are? Do they repair the unit and send it back quickly? Should I call Epson 1st to find out the root cause of the issue and an estimate for a repair or simply call SquareTrade? Please help!
post #6168 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So you don't think it's a bulb issue and it's more deep than that?

I never claimed any warranty issues thru SquareTrade. Any idea on how good they are? Do they repair the unit and send it back quickly? Should I call Epson 1st to find out the root cause of the issue and an estimate for a repair or simply call SquareTrade? Please help!
So from my previous experience (from my previous Epson projector):

1. It does not sound like a bulb problem - the bulb just makes white light, it sounds like an LCD problem
2. You can call Epson - but they will very likely tell you it is not repairable - this is what they told me even though it WAS actually repairable with a lot of pain on my part
3. SquareTrade will likely just give you $$ to replace it in my experience, but it is possible they will suggest repair...
post #6169 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
So from my previous experience (from my previous Epson projector):

1. It does not sound like a bulb problem - the bulb just makes white light, it sounds like an LCD problem
2. You can call Epson - but they will very likely tell you it is not repairable - this is what they told me even though it WAS actually repairable with a lot of pain on my part
3. SquareTrade will likely just give you $$ to replace it in my experience, but it is possible they will suggest repair...
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I think first part of 3rd option seems easy to just take $$ and buy a new projector instead of wasting money on repair cost. How does SquareTrade assess to refund amount? Will it be the purchase price of the product or something else?

Just trying to get your thought before calling them so I am prepared to hear their few possible answers.
post #6170 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I think first part of 3rd option seems easy to just take $$ and buy a new projector instead of wasting money on repair cost. How does SquareTrade assess to refund amount? Will it be the purchase price of the product or something else?
If they determine they can't fix it, they will give you what you paid for it.

xnappo
post #6171 of 6176 Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
If they determine they can't fix it, they will give you what you paid for it.

xnappo
Thanks! I will call and start the process.
xnappo likes this.
post #6172 of 6176 Old 05-09-2019, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys, new 5030ub owner here! I just purchased the PJ today and I was wondering if it is normal for the image to look this pixelated when viewed up close? Excuse my ignorance I'm completely new to projectors. The video source is a MacBook Pro and this is a shot of an icon on the desktop (it's actually a picture thumbnail). The image is almost indistinguishable. I'd say I was projecting an image of about 100" in size.

how do you upload pictures
post #6173 of 6176 Old 05-10-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardl3y View Post
Hi guys, new 5030ub owner here! I just purchased the PJ today and I was wondering if it is normal for the image to look this pixelated when viewed up close? Excuse my ignorance I'm completely new to projectors. The video source is a MacBook Pro and this is a shot of an icon on the desktop (it's actually a picture thumbnail). The image is almost indistinguishable. I'd say I was projecting an image of about 100" in size.

Probably normal. There should be 2,073,600 of them.

That said - you do want to make sure you are not using any 'keystone' correction. If you are, set it back to 0 and then use the lens shift on the projector (manual controls) instead.
post #6174 of 6176 Old 05-10-2019, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Quote:

Probably normal. There should be 2,073,600 of them.

That said - you do want to make sure you are not using any 'keystone' correction. If you are, set it back to 0 and then use the lens shift on the projector (manual controls) instead.
I’m using a tiny bit of keystone correction. What’s wrong with using keystone? I figured this was normal due to the massive size of the screen but it was surprising not being able to make out any details on the face of the girl in the picture compared to the actual MacBook display.
post #6175 of 6176 Old 05-10-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’m using a tiny bit of keystone correction. What’s wrong with using keystone? I figured this was normal due to the massive size of the screen but it was surprising not being able to make out any details on the face of the girl in the picture compared to the actual MacBook display.
You should not need to use keystone - the lens shift should be adequate.

Obviously make sure the MacBook is outputting 1920x1080.

Are you sure it isn't out of focus?
post #6176 of 6176 Old 05-12-2019, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Keystone tries to compensate for the trapezoidal image displayed on the screen when the projector is tilted, which means that on the widest projected area (either top or bottom) the projector will have less pixels to work with in order to produce an image as wide as on the narrowest area. Essentially it means that in order to draw a straight line the projector will have to use a combination of unevenly aligned pixels.

As previous poster said, make sure the mac is outputing a 1920 x 1080p signal to the projector. But even then, if you have one of those 5K screen mac pro, then it's completely understandable that your projector won't be capable of displaying even half the same detail on that icon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page