Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 207 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes

post #6181 of 6197 Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 177
@gec5741 - you ever use that IET bulb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6197 Old 07-19-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Actually I have not put it in yet. I was going to and test it but then mine stopped flickering and has been fine ever since so I just never did. Its' still there when I need so fingers crossed I guess!
edogyip likes this.
post #6183 of 6197 Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

my second bulb started flickering too - running in non-ECO now but fan noise is annoying. Will switch back to ECO in a few days and see how long it stays 'healed'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6184 of 6197 Old 07-21-2019, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI port issues

I am trying to set up a 5030ub for my neighbor, and neither of the HDMI ports are working. The component cables work just fine, and the temp and lamp lights have never indicated a problem. When I change the source to either of the HDMI inputs, the projector becomes unresponsive for about 1 minute 30 seconds and then says there is no signal. I have tried multiple short HDMI cables (< 5ft) and devices (Blu-Ray, Xbox 360, and Chromecast). I imagine firmware has nothing to due with the problem, but it was old. I updated to v111 just to rule it out. Also, the projector emits alternating tones intermittently that I read is most likely due to an aftermarket bulb so probably unrelated as well.

Is there anything else I can try, or is this definitely a hardware issue? If it is a hardware issue, does anyone have an information on parts or repair? Information on repair seems to be pretty sparse online.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
post #6185 of 6197 Old 07-21-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Quoted: 12996 Post(s)
Liked: 10632
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mackey View Post
I am trying to set up a 5030ub for my neighbor, and neither of the HDMI ports are working. The component cables work just fine, and the temp and lamp lights have never indicated a problem. When I change the source to either of the HDMI inputs, the projector becomes unresponsive for about 1 minute 30 seconds and then says there is no signal. I have tried multiple short HDMI cables (< 5ft) and devices (Blu-Ray, Xbox 360, and Chromecast). I imagine firmware has nothing to due with the problem, but it was old. I updated to v111 just to rule it out. Also, the projector emits alternating tones intermittently that I read is most likely due to an aftermarket bulb so probably unrelated as well.

Is there anything else I can try, or is this definitely a hardware issue? If it is a hardware issue, does anyone have an information on parts or repair? Information on repair seems to be pretty sparse online.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
Definitely a hardware problem. Needs to be sent in for repair.
post #6186 of 6197 Old 07-21-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Definitely a hardware problem. Needs to be sent in for repair.
That's what I was afraid of. I don't think my neighbor can afford a professional repair.
post #6187 of 6197 Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's what I was afraid of. I don't think my neighbor can afford a professional repair.
In that case, an HDMI to component adapter? I know this is AVSForum and this post may send some into a panic, but it probably wouldn't be TOO bad

https://ebay.us/XBdPXh
post #6188 of 6197 Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Quoted: 12996 Post(s)
Liked: 10632
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
In that case, an HDMI to component adapter? I know this is AVSForum and this post may send some into a panic, but it probably wouldn't be TOO bad

Will probably convert all of your 1080P BD's to 480P DVD resolution.
post #6189 of 6197 Old 07-23-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Will probably convert all of your 1080P BD's to 480P DVD resolution.
No... There may be noise though.
post #6190 of 6197 Old 07-23-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
In that case, an HDMI to component adapter? I know this is AVSForum and this post may send some into a panic, but it probably wouldn't be TOO bad [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Ha! If an HDMI to component adapter is going to cause panic, then what I'm about to do to this system with an old RadioShack component switch box will cause seizures.

I don't know what the boards look like inside this thing, but it is very frustrating that I can't fix the HDMI issue. I can't find parts anywhere!
post #6191 of 6197 Old 07-23-2019, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ha! If an HDMI to component adapter is going to cause panic, then what I'm about to do to this system with an old RadioShack component switch box will cause seizures.

I don't know what the boards look like inside this thing, but it is very frustrating that I can't fix the HDMI issue. I can't find parts anywhere!
Oh man, I know the exact box your are talking about and at one point I loved the damned thing.
post #6192 of 6197 Old 09-18-2019, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerKonig View Post
Well guys, im late for the show, i've got my eye on the 5030ub since it's release in 2013 and just got it this week. I guess im not well calibrated but my expectation were to high. I'm coming off the BenQ HT1075 with 1000 hours on it and it blows away the 5030ub, IMO.

Maybe blows away is far fetch but the black on my Epson are not muchbetter then the BenQ. The Epson is more cinema like and BenQ is more details and bright.

Still playing with setting but i have 2 questions :

It came with the firmware V112, does it include the enhancement for the super resolution of the V111?

Then when i start up my PJ, the Epson logo apears, then when my signal kicks in, it's like if you put a green filter in front of the image, the image is green, then after 15-20 seconde all color are ok. I don't thing it's normal, it does that on both HDMI.

I tought maybe it was my HDMI but when in plug back the BenQ it's all good.

For sure i had more pop on my BenQ with Darbee that the 5030ub, tx for your time.

UPDATE

For reference, here are pics of my BenQ HT1075, il try to take the same pic with the Epson
After receiving my second 5030ub, i can say that it's an awesome projector. I notice that i need a better screen for my black, i have a 1.2 gain and would rather have a 1.0, Il come up with pics to compare. Only thing that i find it's not for my taste is when people are focus and small on the screen. The Details is not as good as my BenQ. Finding it hard to focus it perfectly and have to check the Grind Alignment often. But for the reste the color and black are to my linking, i ended up using Cinema for calibration even if i calibrated THX, for my taste i love a bit more pop
post #6193 of 6197 Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After receiving my second 5030ub, i can say that it's an awesome projector. I notice that i need a better screen for my black, i have a 1.2 gain and would rather have a 1.0, Il come up with pics to compare. Only thing that i find it's not for my taste is when people are focus and small on the screen. The Details is not as good as my BenQ. Finding it hard to focus it perfectly and have to check the Grind Alignment often. But for the reste the color and black are to my linking, i ended up using Cinema for calibration even if i calibrated THX, for my taste i love a bit more pop
Honestly I was thinking I needed a darker screen - but then I went to see 'It Chapter Two' at the theater last weekend - and we watched Chapter One at home prior. It really made me realize how good my setup is. At the theater the dark scenes looked like total hell.
post #6194 of 6197 Old 09-19-2019, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just had the strangest occurrence with my projector. Recently I swapped my AppleTV with an AppleTV4k which worked perfectly. Well later that night we were watching a movie and the projector kept turning itself off at random times. I thought it might be overheating, but the lights were not indicating that. Also, the projector would turn back on from the remote fine each time. This was really annoying and random. I thought it was a bulb which is a few months old, but eventually it came to the HDMI link needing to be set to off. That appeared to have fixed the issue. I was already researching for a newer replacement, but I guess I have to wait for the native 4k Epson now :-)
post #6195 of 6197 Old 09-19-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Honestly I was thinking I needed a darker screen - but then I went to see 'It Chapter Two' at the theater last weekend - and we watched Chapter One at home prior. It really made me realize how good my setup is. At the theater the dark scenes looked like total hell.
Theaters nowadays keep way too many lights on when the movie is playing.....IMO.
xnappo likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #6196 of 6197 Old 01-09-2020, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
What screen and gain do you use?
post #6197 of 6197 Old 01-09-2020, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What screen and gain do you use?
Haha - actually I have a really crappy 1.3 gain screen. But I have excellent ambient light control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page