Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6211 of 6218 Old 04-23-2020, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
xnappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerKonig View Post
i got my new 4k screen about a month ago, 1.0 gain, for better black what gain is better neutral like 1.0 or 1.3 ?
Lower is better for black in general, but in a completely dark room (100% dark) a there won't be much difference in blacks and the contrast ratio will be higher with a higher gain

It all depends on how much ambient light you have, and how bright your projector is.

xnappo

P.S. This is my understanding, feel free to correct me
xnappo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6212 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 AM
Newbie
 
mactuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
help on lamps hours

Hi
Maybe somebody can help on something i was not able to find on any forum.
I bought a used 9200W with a "supposed usage of only 240h". I was expecting a pretty bright image but it is very faded.
I am not sure if the 240h is true or not. It is what it says on the projector menu, but how do i know if the previous user did not reset it ?
This projector should be good to use in daylight but it is unusable unless its a 100% dark room.
Anyone knows how to check this?
Thanks
mactuna is offline  
post #6213 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
xnappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactuna View Post
Hi
Maybe somebody can help on something i was not able to find on any forum.
I bought a used 9200W with a "supposed usage of only 240h". I was expecting a pretty bright image but it is very faded.
I am not sure if the 240h is true or not. It is what it says on the projector menu, but how do i know if the previous user did not reset it ?
This projector should be good to use in daylight but it is unusable unless its a 100% dark room.
Anyone knows how to check this?
Thanks
It is hard to say. Personally I consider my projector to be unusable unless in a 96% dark room... But I have a screen with a 1.1 gain.

What kind of screen do you have? I assume you have played with all the modes? I use the THX mode which make a dark room even more important.
xnappo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6214 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 07:13 AM
Newbie
 
mactuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
It is hard to say. Personally I consider my projector to be unusable unless in a 96% dark room... But I have a screen with a 1.1 gain.

What kind of screen do you have? I assume you have played with all the modes? I use the THX mode which make a dark room even more important.
Well whatever the mode the projector is in, during daytime it does not matter.
Only at night time i can see real differences in the modes. I have seen videos of people showing off their projectors during daytime and i find it hard to understand why i cant see sh*** in mine. My general impression is i am looking at a 240 lumens projector instead of a 2400 lumens.
My screen is a 1.1 gain (acoustic transparent screen) white.

But my main question was regarding "checking this" on the hardware. Can one be "SURE" that the hours the lamp has are true ?
mactuna is offline  
post #6215 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
xnappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactuna View Post
Well whatever the mode the projector is in, during daytime it does not matter.
Only at night time i can see real differences in the modes. I have seen videos of people showing off their projectors during daytime and i find it hard to understand why i cant see sh*** in mine. My general impression is i am looking at a 240 lumens projector instead of a 2400 lumens.
My screen is a 1.1 gain (acoustic transparent screen) white.

But my main question was regarding "checking this" on the hardware. Can one be "SURE" that the hours the lamp has are true ?
Unfortunately absolutely not. You can just reset the lamp hours whenever you want - the only way it can be trusted is if you do it yourself. And the lamp could be non-OEM or the lamp could have been damaged in shipping.

You could visually inspect the bulb - see if it has OEM markings and look at the tip and see if it is all 'brown'.

xnappo
xnappo is offline  
post #6216 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 07:18 AM
Newbie
 
mactuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What about total "projector " usage hours ? Is this stored inside somewhere?
Could this be checked with some kind of software?

This would tell if this is the first lamp or not....
mactuna is offline  
post #6217 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 07:55 AM
Newbie
 
mactuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Unfortunately absolutely not. You can just reset the lamp hours whenever you want - the only way it can be trusted is if you do it yourself. And the lamp could be non-OEM or the lamp could have been damaged in shipping.

You could visually inspect the bulb - see if it has OEM markings and look at the tip and see if it is all 'brown'.

xnappo
Well it looks authentic to me.....and in good health ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_155116.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	565.6 KB
ID:	2729578   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_155128.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	2729580   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_155156.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	810.2 KB
ID:	2729582   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_155141.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	2729584  
mactuna is offline  
post #6218 of 6218 Old 05-20-2020, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
xnappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactuna View Post
Well it looks authentic to me.....and in good health ?
Yeah... So unfortunately we are back to it is really hard to say without seeing it for myself or you trying another bulb

I know of no way to get total machine hours.
xnappo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off