Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1025Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 15,934
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6720 Post(s)
Liked: 7851
Quote:
I had a huge improvement in image quality by going from the stewart 130 to the stewart 100. Given your large size screen, I would consider the Da-lite JKP Affinity with a 1.1 gain. When the time comes, you can get samples of all three and make your detailed inspection of the sharpness and brightness available with those screens at 4K.

You could also go with a Stewart Cime Neve 1.1 screen. I have one coming for my theater in a week or two.

Edit - I wouldn't go with a 1.1 screen with your current size though - too big, not bright enough.
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

You could also go with a Stewart Cime Neve 1.1 screen. I have one coming for my theater in a week or two.

Is the material as smooth as their StudioTek materials? I don't care too much about gain (as long as it's at least .8 or higher) I just want a VERY smooth without texture, sparkles, or sheen.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #63 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,834
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12013 Post(s)
Liked: 9535
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Re screens, yes it seems like the StudioTek 1.3 was a popular screen for Sony and JVC. I went by the Dalite booth and saw that they now have a 1.3 version of their 'HD Performance' line, which seems to be the same as the JPK Infinity. (Can someone correct me on this?)

With my size screen, though, I'm afraid a 1.3 gain is not enough even with the Sony1000. Thus I will probably stay with the HP2.4 until I ultimately move to a smaller living situation.

From what I remember of your screen size and wanting a very bright image, I think any 1.3 gain screen, the current size you have will be a disappointment to you.
Mike Garrett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 05:07 PM
 
conan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Igloo
Posts: 2,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 349
How much would a 110" Snomatte screen sell for approx? I really like the Carada BW but there is the tiniest hint of texture on the screen. Is the snowmatte the smoothest, least texture screen there is?
conan48 is offline  
post #65 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 12,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

From what I remember of your screen size and wanting a very bright image, I think any 1.3 gain screen, the current size you have will be a disappointment to you.

Thx, Mike. Yes, I think you're probably right. Fortunately I don't see any problems with the Dalite HP.
millerwill is offline  
post #66 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Venice, Florida, USA
Posts: 21,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
You want him to quote MSRP? Call him. smile.gif I am not sure which is smoother, the Snomatt or the JKP Affinity. You need to get samples of both, say the Snomatt and JKP 1.1.
mark haflich is offline  
post #67 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Venice, Florida, USA
Posts: 21,464
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1418 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Thx, Mike. Yes, I think you're probably right. Fortunately I don't see any problems with the Dalite HP.

I guess not being able to see any deficiencies is good in this case. Brightness trumps all. But sorry, not with a projector of your quality and class.
mark haflich is offline  
post #68 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 15,934
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6720 Post(s)
Liked: 7851
Quote:
Is the material as smooth as their StudioTek materials? I don't care too much about gain (as long as it's at least .8 or higher) I just want a VERY smooth without texture, sparkles, or sheen.

Smoother / less sheen than the StudioTek 130, not quite as neutral as the Snowmatt - right between the two. Very clean image. The Da Lite HD Pro 1.1 is right up there too - but the Neve material was a closer match color wise to my 2.35:1 StudioTek. The HD Pro has a slightly yellower look to the material. Neve is whiter looking material.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #69 of 6326 Old 09-29-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 12,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

I guess not being able to see any deficiencies is good in this case. Brightness trumps all. But sorry, not with a projector of your quality and class.

Maybe it's my eyes that don't discern the differences. And yes, with age brightness is even more imp.
millerwill is offline  
post #70 of 6326 Old 09-30-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Question: Can you control the brightness of the new Sony projector ?
I love being able to control the brightness of my JVC projector via it's manually adjustable iris settings. So I'm wondering if Sony offers anything like the JVC's control.

Thanks.
R Harkness is offline  
post #71 of 6326 Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 PM
 
conan48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Igloo
Posts: 2,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Yes it has a manual iris too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Question: Can you control the brightness of the new Sony projector ?
I love being able to control the brightness of my JVC projector via it's manually adjustable iris settings. So I'm wondering if Sony offers anything like the JVC's control.

Thanks.
conan48 is offline  
post #72 of 6326 Old 09-30-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Thanks conan.

Hey, if I remember it was your raves about the RS55 that got me on the road to ordering that projector! (Resisting the Sony...resisting the Sony...)
R Harkness is offline  
post #73 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
umr
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
umr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 10,315
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I would personally avoid the Carada at all costs from what I saw of the three I owned. For one thing, do they still ship the screen material unprotected for the frame members to smash up against causing much more wrinkling than otherwise would happen if they would use a protective tube like Da-Lite, Stewart, etc.....? As I have posted about before, both the CCW and BW material I found objectionable screen texture/pattern vertically across the entrie surface very faint, but noticeable once I saw it. I could not live with any of the three I tried. I know I am in the minority, but I am not the only one to have reported this issue and I would personally avoid Carada and spend the extra on Da-Lite or Stewart in light of these 2 issues.

You are definitely in the minority. I have worked on many Carada screens and have heard of zero issues from their owners and have seen none other than those mentioned in my test report. In fact a local installer here was looking at my Carada and thought it was built better than a Stewart. When I told him the cost he was floored.
umr is offline  
post #74 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,834
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12013 Post(s)
Liked: 9535
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Thanks conan.

Hey, if I remember it was your raves about the RS55 that got me on the road to ordering that projector! (Resisting the Sony...resisting the Sony...)

Look into my eyes. You are getting very sleepy. biggrin.gif
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #75 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,662
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by umr View Post

You are definitely in the minority. I have worked on many Carada screens and have heard of zero issues from their owners and have seen none other than those mentioned in my test report. In fact a local installer here was looking at my Carada and thought it was built better than a Stewart. When I told him the cost he was floored.


We will just have to agree to disagree then which is fine. smile.gif I had 3 of them here at two different time periods and noticed the same issue on all of them (either 2 BW and a CCW or the other way around, cant remember now as it has been many years). You are right though that I am in the minority as far as being bothered and even noticing this issue, but I know of at least one other forum member here who also noticed the same thing so I am not alone. Does Carada still ship the screen material unprotected so it is much more prone to wrinkles due to being shifted around with the frame members? The longest I had any of the 3 was ~2-3 weeks and the wrinkles never FULLY came out. On the Stewart screens I have owned and my Da Lite (and even my Severtsen), there were never any wrinkles to contend with which I would have to credit in large part (I would think) to the superior packaging as both companies use a heavy duty cardboard tube to keep the screen protected and away from the frame members. I thought Carada's frame was excellent FWIW and agree with you there, but better than Stewart? I don't agree with that, but I would not say that Stewart was necessarily better in this area either and would put them about on par from what I remember. Stewart was a better product in general though no question all things considered, not to mention my ST130 was a true 1.3 gain while the advertised Carada 1.4 BW was closer to 1.0 as I remember from the measurements. Carada customer service however is second to none.
Toe is offline  
post #76 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,038
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5382 Post(s)
Liked: 5465
Toe, we already discussed this, I had a Carada BW shipped to the UK a few years ago (must have been at least 4 or 5 years as it was for my rs20) and it was immaculately protected, the material was in its own tube and the frame never touched it during transport. It was easy to install (snap on), with perfect tension (fixed frame). White gloves were provided. The quality of the service and of the product was impecable. Not one single crease. I'm still using it today, and it's still in perfect condition. I'm not saying the problems you experienced did not happen, but it's clear that by the time I ordered they had been solved.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
Manni01 is online now  
post #77 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 16,662
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

Toe, we already discussed this, I had a Carada BW shipped to the UK a few years ago (must have been at least 4 or 5 years as it was for my rs20) and it was immaculately protected, the material was in its own tube and the frame never touched it during transport. It was easy to install (snap on), with perfect tension (fixed frame). White gloves were provided. The quality of the service and of the product was impecable. Not one single crease. I'm still using it today, and it's still in perfect condition. I'm not saying the problems you experienced did not happen, but it's clear that by the time I ordered they had been solved.

That is great to hear Manni (sorry, I don't remember our conversation), and it sounds like things have changed, but is the screen material still the same as it has always been? The biggest issue for me was the vertical streaking type pattern that was on all 3 of the screens I had here. Great to hear they are using a protective tube now though, and again, my experience was many years ago (the year the RS1 was introduced IIRC), so things could have changed somewhat which it sounds like they have. I should have viewed a Carada last weekend at the show when I had the chance to see if the same issue I noticed is still there. So has the material for both the BW and CCW seen a revision in the last 7-8 years?
Toe is offline  
post #78 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Member
 
RearProjection1292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Stow, Ohio, USA
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked up a used JVC RS 15 WITH 1700 hours on it and decided to see what it would look like on my 123" diag. Vutec SilverStar and was blown away at the brightness and picture quality. The screen has a gain of 6 and is normally used with my Sony G90. No hot spotting or negative effect with this screen and the JVC.

I invited a AV dealer over to verify the results of matching the JVC with the SilverStar and he was so impress with the results, he actually ordered one for a job he was currently doing. Several weeks later he call and told me he still could not believe picture quality from a digital projector on this screen.
When and if I decide to move from CRT to the Sony 4K projector, the SilverStar will be my screen choice.

If you live in NorthEast Ohio, stop by and see what an old JVC looks like on a SilverStar!!

Just thought I would share my results with you guys!

Think of What You Have Instead of What You Want
RearProjection1292 is offline  
post #79 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,038
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5382 Post(s)
Liked: 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

That is great to hear Manni (sorry, I don't remember our conversation), and it sounds like things have changed, but is the screen material still the same as it has always been? The biggest issue for me was the vertical streaking type pattern that was on all 3 of the screens I had here. Great to hear they are using a protective tube now though, and again, my experience was many years ago (the year the RS1 was introduced IIRC), so things could have changed somewhat which it sounds like they have. I should have viewed a Carada last weekend at the show when I had the chance to see if the same issue I noticed is still there. So has the material for both the BW and CCW seen a revision in the last 7-8 years?

No problem, our exchange of posts was a while ago, we could probably dig it up if we really wanted to:). No idea if the material has been revised in the last 7-8 years, but there was no streaking, creasing or marking when it arrived and there is none of this today four or five years later.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
Manni01 is online now  
post #80 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Chris Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada & Malibu California.
Posts: 1,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I cannot find this in any data sheet so I'm hoping someone can answer this..

I'm wondering if this projector has the same upscaling XCA8-4K¹ chip that's found in their 84" XBR 4K Ultra HD TV.

Cheers
Chris

Sony VPL-VW500ES, 16.25 Feet Wide 2.35:1 screen, Proud owner of 1 of 399 Enzo Ferrari's in the world, a gorgeous yellow Ferrari 599GTB, + a 1970 Road Runner see it here
Chris Dallas is offline  
post #81 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whitetrash66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Good news!

Art from projectorreviews has updated his impressions on the vw600 today

"Update 10/2/13: Great news, Sony says they are bringing me the VPL-VW600ES they had at CEDIA. I should have it tomorrow or Friday, for a week. So I should be able to complete most of the full review. They then need it back, but perhaps I can distract them and confuse them enough that they will forget to come get it. (One needs to dream to thrive). I can’t wait."

So I guess we find a lot if info out in a week or so. It'll be nice to see an in depth review so early.
whitetrash66 is offline  
post #82 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Question:

I'm considering the Sony: Is there any reason the Sony VW500ES would not work with my Panamorph UH480 anamorphic lens?

I need that lens with my JVC only because from my throw distance my JVC can't fill the very largest image width of my screen (my screen can expand to 125" wide, where my JVC can only throw a 118" wide image from it's throw distance...though I think the new Sony has a bit more zoom available than the JVC?).

It's just that I noticed the front lens design of the Sony looked a bit "odd" or deep, and wondered if my Panamorph lens would work in front of it.
R Harkness is offline  
post #83 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 12,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Question:

I'm considering the Sony: Is there any reason the Sony VW500ES would not work with my Panamorph UH480 anamorphic lens?

I need that lens with my JVC only because from my throw distance my JVC can't fill the very largest image width of my screen (my screen can expand to 125" wide, where my JVC can only throw a 118" wide image from it's throw distance...though I think the new Sony has a bit more zoom available than the JVC?).

It's just that I noticed the front lens design of the Sony looked a bit "odd" or deep, and wondered if my Panamorph lens would work in front of it.

The Sony 1000ES has an exceptionally small min throw ratio, 1.27 (which I use), while the 600ES min throw is very close to that of the JVC, I believe, ~ 1.37. So maybe you need to step up, no?
millerwill is offline  
post #84 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
(Not sure what you mean by the last comment Bill; do you mean, step up and buy the damned thing? biggrin.gif)

And, hey, why does Projector Central have the noise of the Sony VW500ES at 26 dB? That's a pretty loud rating, louder than my JVC. Isn't both the VW1000 and this new VW500 supposed to be particularly quiet?
R Harkness is offline  
post #85 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

(Not sure what you mean by the last comment Bill; do you mean, step up and buy the damned thing? biggrin.gif)

And, hey, why does Projector Central have the noise of the Sony VW500ES at 26 dB? That's a pretty loud rating, louder than my JVC. Isn't both the VW1000 and this new VW500 supposed to be particularly quiet?

TBH anything under 30db is VERY quiet. Put your JVC into high lamp mode and you'll hear quite a difference over eco mode.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #86 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,834
Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12013 Post(s)
Liked: 9535
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

(Not sure what you mean by the last comment Bill; do you mean, step up and buy the damned thing? biggrin.gif)

And, hey, why does Projector Central have the noise of the Sony VW500ES at 26 dB? That's a pretty loud rating, louder than my JVC. Isn't both the VW1000 and this new VW500 supposed to be particularly quiet?

He means step up to the VW1000ES. smile.gif
The VW1000ES would be able to throw a 127" wide image from 13'-6", plus minus 2", so I think it would work for you without lens. You would be able to get rid of the pincushion.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #87 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

TBH anything under 30db is VERY quiet. Put your JVC into high lamp mode and you'll hear quite a difference over eco mode.

I know, which is one reason why I don't put it into high lamp. But my JVC is rated at 24dB and I thought Sony projectors were supposed to be even quieter, among the very quietest (since it's almost always mentioned
by owners and reveiwers how quiet the sony is).

I'm presuming the Sony 26dB rating is for it's lowest setting, so I'm surprised that it's rated louder than the JVC, which has always had just an "ok, could be quieter" rating from most folks.

And...now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering about another thing: HEAT. I'm in a fairly small 15ft by 13ft room. Heat generally hasn't been an issue with my JVC, but should I expect the Sony to run significantly hotter given it's brighter lamp?
R Harkness is offline  
post #88 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
millerwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 12,084
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

He means step up to the VW1000ES. smile.gif
The VW1000ES would be able to throw a 127" wide image from 13'-6", plus minus 2", so I think it would work for you without lens. You would be able to get rid of the pincushion.

Yes, Rich, this is what I was suggesting. I can zoom to a 144" wide pic in my room that is 17ft deep. And the 1000ES is by far quieter than any JVC I've had.
millerwill is offline  
post #89 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

He means step up to the VW1000ES. smile.gif
The VW1000ES would be able to throw a 127" wide image from 13'-6", plus minus 2", so I think it would work for you without lens. You would be able to get rid of the pincushion.

Oh, now I get Bill's comment.

Thanks for the quick calculation: that's cool that it could fill my screen (and you got my throw distance right).

To answer Bill: the VW1000ES is too large and heavy for my projector lift. Hence, possible interest in the smaller new Sony.
R Harkness is offline  
post #90 of 6326 Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
I've demo'ed a HW50ES before, in low lamp mode it's the quitest projector I've ever heard. It sounded as if it wasnt even on. The JVCs are no slouches either though. Everyone in the room commented on how much quiter it was over their projector(s).
Seegs108 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Vpl Vw500es

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off