Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 213 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2144Likes

post #6361 of 6381 Old 08-22-2019, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamany View Post
I have a small issue in my RS-49U.
When the projector in stand by mode (red light) and I try to turn it on, usually it doesn't turn on unless I try 2 or 3 times. Sometimes it doesn't turn on at all (even from the button behind the projector), I have to cut the power and turn it back on, then it starts!

Any idea what's the problem?
So after almost 5 years, I found out that disabling the "Eco Mode" will fix this issue
cardoski likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6362 of 6381 Old 08-22-2019, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 170
My RS57/X700 will get stuck in the 'Hide' function.

If I hit 'Hide' after power up (to let the PJ warm up w/o seeing the image), after say about 5-10+ mins it won't come out of 'Hide'. I've found that I can get it out by switching the input via the 'Input' button on the remote. Of course there's a good delay involved (nothing happens right away) due to the RS57's long handshaking, but the image comes back at least (or a blue screen for an empty input slot).
post #6363 of 6381 Old 08-28-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 127
4k help

Hey there,
so I have an easy question...I'm hanging onto toy 4910 until the 4K ones come down to under $4,000 (I'm patient) but I think it makes sense not to buy any more 1080p blu-rays as I'm planning to upgrade eventually (and the discs are within a couple $ of each other, actually, right now on Amazon the Avengers box set is cheaper for 4K than 1080p but I think its a pre-order) Anyway, if I buy 4K discs, what player will I need to buy in order to watch them on the 4910? (I'd rather not buy the conversion boxes (Shield or HDfury unless absolutely necessary), is there a player that downscales 4K to 1080p that this pj can use (with no HDMI/HDCP version incompatibility?). I'm also not to keep on installing custom firmware on pj as the last time I did a FW update it almost bricked.

Thanks for any pointers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6364 of 6381 Old 08-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
Hey there,
so I have an easy question...I'm hanging onto toy 4910 until the 4K ones come down to under $4,000 (I'm patient) but I think it makes sense not to buy any more 1080p blu-rays as I'm planning to upgrade eventually (and the discs are within a couple $ of each other, actually, right now on Amazon the Avengers box set is cheaper for 4K than 1080p but I think its a pre-order) Anyway, if I buy 4K discs, what player will I need to buy in order to watch them on the 4910? (I'd rather not buy the conversion boxes (Shield or HDfury unless absolutely necessary), is there a player that downscales 4K to 1080p that this pj can use (with no HDMI/HDCP version incompatibility?). I'm also not to keep on installing custom firmware on pj as the last time I did a FW update it almost bricked.

I'm in a similar position, although I'm hoping to upgrade to a NX7 in the first half of next year. I've picked up 5-6 4K disks so far when I can find them real cheap and they have all had a blu-ray disk in the case with the 4K disk and I've just been watching the blu-ray ones for now, as I haven't yet upgraded to a 4K player.

I've put the 20 movies I would most like to upgrade to 4K in my Amazon wishlist and check every few days for any big price drops. One day, the 4K Terminator 2 dropped to $7.50 and I jumped on it.
post #6365 of 6381 Old 08-28-2019, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 4779 Post(s)
Liked: 1791
Quote:
Hey there,

I’m pretty sure the Panasonic UB820 can do that.
post #6366 of 6381 Old 08-31-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What screen would be best for a JVC 4910 in a living room with white walls and a little bit of ambient light? I'm planning on painting the wall that the projector is projecting at in a darker color. Also my throw distance is 12.3 feet. Should I use 2.0 zoom for the largest screen size possible? Is a 2.4:1 screen the way to go? Thanks
post #6367 of 6381 Old 09-02-2019, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunic Srdan View Post
What screen would be best for a JVC 4910 in a living room with white walls and a little bit of ambient light? I'm planning on painting the wall that the projector is projecting at in a darker color. Also my throw distance is 12.3 feet. Should I use 2.0 zoom for the largest screen size possible? Is a 2.4:1 screen the way to go? Thanks
I just renovated my living room and am doing just this, white 106” screen. I used to have dark floors and a dark accent wall opposite the pj screen and can tell you it’s much better than white everywhere. The wall the screen is on will have the least effect on the washout of the image. Try to work an dark wall in opposite the pj, try to hang dark, non-reflective items in the wall (think tapestries not mirrors or pictures with glass over them), if all that fails you might look at an ALR screen like Elite Cinegray 5D (need a long throw-2.0 width-to keep it from hotspotting). Now, to try and talk my wife into painting some of these walls dark again (or buy dark tapestries and rugs).
post #6368 of 6381 Old 09-02-2019, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone have a JVC RS4910 bulb they’d be willing to sell? I bought one a few years ago for cheap and can’t find the place anymore (or can someone recommend a source for under $100?). Please PM me.
post #6369 of 6381 Old 09-02-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2581 Post(s)
Liked: 2917
Quote:
Does anyone have a JVC RS4910 bulb they’d be willing to sell? I bought one a few years ago for cheap and can’t find the place anymore (or can someone recommend a source for under $100?). Please PM me.
I got my last one from Aliexpress for 80 Canadian.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Modded Little Dot hybrid tube amp with Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV tubes, Dual Discrete Op-Amp SS3602, and Alps Blue Velvet volume pot.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
post #6370 of 6381 Old 09-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I have a question.. I am considering a used x500 for what I think is a good price to replace my still functioning rs20. A couple of things I am upgrading for mostly is the lense memory and improved brightness and contrast. I am a little confused about the eshift/4k capability. Will 4k uhd play on this projector at higher resolution (I know ..not true 4k) or not? The UHD site says that uhd will play on 1.4 hdmi but just not with some features such as HDR. so will the x500 accept the 4k signal and display it using eshift from a UHD player?
post #6371 of 6381 Old 09-04-2019, 10:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2446 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by snookfisher View Post
I have a question.. I am considering a used x500 for what I think is a good price to replace my still functioning rs20. A couple of things I am upgrading for mostly is the lense memory and improved brightness and contrast. I am a little confused about the eshift/4k capability. Will 4k uhd play on this projector at higher resolution (I know ..not true 4k) or not? The UHD site says that uhd will play on 1.4 hdmi but just not with some features such as HDR. so will the x500 accept the 4k signal and display it using eshift from a UHD player?
Yes it will. But you have to use the UHD player to avoid sending out the conventional HDR signal and then setting the color format to SDR BT709 with the projector's standard color profiles. If you want 12 bit color, you will have to set the player to 1080P; you can then turn on e-shift in the projector.
post #6372 of 6381 Old 09-05-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
Yes it will. But you have to use the UHD player to avoid sending out the conventional HDR signal and then setting the color format to SDR BT709 with the projector's standard color profiles. If you want 12 bit color, you will have to set the player to 1080P; you can then turn on e-shift in the projector.
Please forgive me...im still a little confused. Im not so much concerned about the 12 bit color. im more concerned with the HDCP2.2 and the projector putting up a blank display from a 4k player.

I guess what im asking is will the 4k player that I have send a 4k signal to the projector and will the projector display the higher resolution? ive read a little further back in the forum and it seems that I may need a HDCP2.2 to 1.4 converter from monoprice to bypass the HDCP issue?

Again.. please pardon my ignorance on the issue.
post #6373 of 6381 Old 09-05-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Please forgive me...im still a little confused. Im not so much concerned about the 12 bit color. im more concerned with the HDCP2.2 and the projector putting up a blank display from a 4k player.

I guess what im asking is will the 4k player that I have send a 4k signal to the projector and will the projector display the higher resolution? ive read a little further back in the forum and it seems that I may need a HDCP2.2 to 1.4 converter from monoprice to bypass the HDCP issue?

Again.. please pardon my ignorance on the issue.
Yes, the Monoprice converter works well. The previous posts also describe how to update the BT.2020 colour profile, IIRC.
Aztar35 likes this.
post #6374 of 6381 Old 09-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, my intention is to use HD Fury to show 4K content from Apple TV 4K for my JVC DLA-X500R 4K. What would be your choice for the product - would Hdfury Integral do the job or should it be something else instead?
post #6375 of 6381 Old 09-14-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Yes, the Monoprice converter works well. The previous posts also describe how to update the BT.2020 colour profile, IIRC.
So I got the monoprice converter and it works well...it passes the 4k image thru and all looks great except on thing... on all black or large areas of black there is a snow or starfield noise visible. im hoping I have some sort of noise reduction setting on or something ….any ideas?
post #6376 of 6381 Old 09-14-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So I got the monoprice converter and it works well...it passes the 4k image thru and all looks great except on thing... on all black or large areas of black there is a snow or starfield noise visible. im hoping I have some sort of noise reduction setting on or something ….any ideas?
That could be a problem with the HDMI cable. Is the noise there for 1080p signals?
post #6377 of 6381 Old 09-14-2019, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I had a similar issue using the Monoprice converter. Short HDMI run to the converter, long run to the projector. When I swapped the Monoprice for an HDFury Integral, the snow went away. I don’t have this projector anymore, and know that my long run cable works with everything I throw at it (without any converter), so the cable wasn’t the problem. I can only surmise that the Monoprice lessens the signal strength just enough to cause problems on long runs.

EDIT: at least as a test, is it possible for you to try the Monoprice at the projector end of the HDMI run?

Last edited by sddawson; 09-14-2019 at 04:34 PM.
post #6378 of 6381 Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 AM

It was the cable...I swapped out the long cable (old MONSTER 1.4) to the pj with a dynex (best buy cheapo) 15ft and problem solved. thanks for the help guys!
post #6379 of 6381 Old 09-17-2019, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
It was the cable...I swapped out the long cable (old MONSTER 1.4) to the pj with a dynex (best buy cheapo) 15ft and problem solved. thanks for the help guys!
Good stuff. Glad you got it sorted. Once you get into the rarified air of 4K and HDR, those cables become all important...
post #6380 of 6381 Old 09-17-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddawson View Post
Good stuff. Glad you got it sorted. Once you get into the rarified air of 4K and HDR, those cables become all important...
Yes now I have to try to find the calibration pages for the 2020 color ..
post #6381 of 6381 Old 09-17-2019, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if you would share your experience with your JVC projector repair at Mendtronix. Yesterday I experienced the exact same warning fault. Solid red Standby and Warning lights, lamp light orange blinking twice. What did the problem end up being, and was Mendtronix able to repair? Any advice you'd care to offer would be REALLY appreciated. Our theater is about 4 years old, and I'd prefer not to drop a ton of money on new equipment.

Thank you so much in advance!

Dave
If it helps I just had this on my RS57 a few months ago. Had bad screen flicker so I tried a new lamp which didn't fix the problem. Ended up changing the ballast and have had no problems since. The repair shop said I wouldn't be able to do it myself but I did anyways. I have no technical training but am very handy. Still cost me nearly $400CAD.

VIDEO: JVC DLA-RS57U Projector / 130″ EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Cinemascope Screen - Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray Player - PlayStation 3 AVR: Anthem MRX-1120 SPEAKERS: Paradigm Monitor 11 Mains - Paradigm Monitor CC-390 Center - Paradigm Monitor ADP-390 Surrounds x 4 - Polk MC60 Atmos Ceiling x 4 SUBWOOFERS: SVS PB2000 / Velodyne DPS-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , X500