Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 215 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2149Likes

post #6421 of 6436 Old 04-19-2020, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Roku

Strange thing just started happening...my input chain is Roku stick>NAD 758v3>JVC pj (input 2 HDMI). So, I turned everything on yesterday and the Roku had reset itself (where it makes the noise while the Roku emblem jumps), I had to change the JVC input from Input 1 to Input 2 (I've only ever had HDMI 2 hooked up) but anytime I make a button press on the Roku remote, the JVC changes is input back to HDMI1 and I get a blank (blue) screen. The Roku remote is RF and the JVC is IR so the cross signaling I'm thinking must be coming from CEC routine I think. If anyone has any ideas how to get this to stop I'd be very appreciative as it takes 10 min. and 100 button presses to navigate to what I want to watch (having to change the input after ever Roku button press to see my selection)

Should I cross post in Roku thread in case its a known issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6422 of 6436 Old 04-19-2020, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rads03 View Post
sorry to hear about your problem. i guess i have been very lucky with mine. only have about 900 hours on it and haven't had any issues at all.
Yeah, mine was perfect until about the 800 hr or so mark.
post #6423 of 6436 Old 04-21-2020, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
Strange thing just started happening...my input chain is Roku stick>NAD 758v3>JVC pj (input 2 HDMI). So, I turned everything on yesterday and the Roku had reset itself (where it makes the noise while the Roku emblem jumps), I had to change the JVC input from Input 1 to Input 2 (I've only ever had HDMI 2 hooked up) but anytime I make a button press on the Roku remote, the JVC changes is input back to HDMI1 and I get a blank (blue) screen. The Roku remote is RF and the JVC is IR so the cross signaling I'm thinking must be coming from CEC routine I think. If anyone has any ideas how to get this to stop I'd be very appreciative as it takes 10 min. and 100 button presses to navigate to what I want to watch (having to change the input after ever Roku button press to see my selection)

Should I cross post in Roku thread in case its a known issue?
So, users in the Roku thread stated to turn off 1-button play, but the situation corrected itself prior to me doing that. Thanks was messing around in Roku settings menu and saw 4K60-HDR is an option but when I selected it the display test failed HDCP 2.2 and HDR. Is there any way to temporarily fool that Roku into thinking this oh can pass that signal so I could see if it makes a difference? Seems a little frivolous to spend $300 on one of the Shield TV type devices for a 10 min comparison...what IS the cheapest way to enable the 4K HDR on this pj? (Is there a mono price device that strips HDCP info)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6424 of 6436 Old 04-21-2020, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

lamps

Also, I'm thinking of buy a lamp as I've got a couple thousand hours and like to keep it nice and bright since I just upgraded to 130" screen...this bulb is showing two versions, and economy and Platinum (which is apparently brighter and twice as expensive)...anyone heard of this brand or have any experience? At least I could return if not good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lutema-Pr...4910/878076658
post #6425 of 6436 Old 04-22-2020, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Also, I'm thinking of buy a lamp as I've got a couple thousand hours and like to keep it nice and bright since I just upgraded to 130" screen...this bulb is showing two versions, and economy and Platinum (which is apparently brighter and twice as expensive)...anyone heard of this brand or have any experience? At least I could return if not good.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lutema-Pr...4910/878076658

I would be interested to know about this bulb myself. I was not thinking of buying a bulb at this time, but if this product is recommended I would not mind buying a bulb now. Years ago the price for a replacement bulb for a JVC projector was like $300.
post #6426 of 6436 Old 04-22-2020, 06:43 PM

Who makes the OEM bulb for the JVC 4910 projector? I have seen a USHIO lamp replacement (bulb with housing) advertised as a replacement for the 4910 that much cheaper than the JVC branded replacement.
post #6427 of 6436 Old 04-22-2020, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The bulbs for the RS500 series
And newer are still that expensive...The bulbs for this pj have been under $100 for many years now (prob not OEM though I doubt you can still get OEM for this one).
post #6428 of 6436 Old 04-22-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
And newer are still that expensive...The bulbs for this pj have been under $100 for many years now (prob not OEM though I doubt you can still get OEM for this one).
Thank you for the quick response! I have been able to locate the original JVC replacement for about $165. Also available is the USHIO-made replacement for about $100. And then a third option (pointed out by pottscb from Walmart) for a bulb made by Lutema (not familiar with the brand) that sells between $47-$81.
I am leaning toward the Ushio and was wondering if Ushio is the original manufacturer of the original bulb that came with the JVC projector.
post #6429 of 6436 Old 04-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoff View Post
Thank you for the quick response! I have been able to locate the original JVC replacement for about $165. Also available is the USHIO-made replacement for about $100. And then a third option (pointed out by pottscb from Walmart) for a bulb made by Lutema (not familiar with the brand) that sells between $47-$81.
I am leaning toward the Ushio and was wondering if Ushio is the original manufacturer of the original bulb that came with the JVC projector.
Can I ask where you found the OEM JVC bulb for $165? I put 3300 hours on my original bulb and I'm at 2900 hours on the spare bulb that came with the projector. I'm thinking of upgrading to a NX-5 or NX-7 in the next few months. If I do, I might give my 4910 to one of my nephews and I wouldn't mind having a new bulb to go with it. Or if I don't upgrade in the next few months, I'm probably going to need a new bulb for myself.

Thanks,
Duane
post #6430 of 6436 Old 06-02-2020, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
JVC DLA-RS4910U stops projecting after about a minute

Hi all

I have a JCV DLA-RS4910U projector. When I turn it on, the logo screen appears, and then the main screen appears for about 15 seconds or so before the projection stops. At this point the red warning LED is solid red, the lamp LED is blinking orange twice every second or so, and the Standby LED is blinking once every second or so.

I have tried:

Cleaning the filter
Remove and reinstall the lamp (did not replace with a new one)
Perform a factory reset
Update the firmware

Is there anything else I can try? Any idea what the root cause might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
post #6431 of 6436 Old 06-02-2020, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6798 Post(s)
Liked: 4913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hartung View Post
Hi all

I have a JCV DLA-RS4910U projector. When I turn it on, the logo screen appears, and then the main screen appears for about 15 seconds or so before the projection stops. At this point the red warning LED is solid red, the lamp LED is blinking orange twice every second or so, and the Standby LED is blinking once every second or so.

I have tried:

Cleaning the filter
Remove and reinstall the lamp (did not replace with a new one)
Perform a factory reset
Update the firmware

Is there anything else I can try? Any idea what the root cause might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The meaning of the blink pattern is defined on page 79 of your manual. Although the pattern you describe doesn't seem to be listed. Perhaps you should contact JVC and see what they say.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rs4910-blink.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	2736046  

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #6432 of 6436 Old 06-02-2020, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I purchased an x500 with this exact same issue. I mainly got it because it was cheap and to use the case to replace the case of my rs4910 which was damaged, but I thought maybe it could be saved... it had been struck by lightning, apparently. I did all the same things you did, with no luck. I ended up just assuming that one of the boards was bad, didn't want to try swapping each and every one to test, and simply took the case off. It's in a box somewhere now. If you want it for parts, send me a PM.
post #6433 of 6436 Old 06-04-2020, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
Just checked. I have r1211.7. It was shipped with this FW.
I think that 1211.7 is the same with 1211.6, with some small differences to EU models.
Hi,

I recently connect a 4k Roku and 4k Blu ray to the project via Marantz RS6015 receiver that is set to output only 4k/60 at 4:2:0 color sampling, and I also getting the green vertical line on the left. Were you able to find a solution for the green line?
post #6434 of 6436 Old 06-08-2020, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoff View Post
Quote:
Just ordered the “platinum” bulb and housing for $79 and will post back when it’s installed. At this price I plan to just keep rotating a new bulb in every summer as my might control isn’t perfect and my kids can’t wait until 9pm to start watching an action movie. (And it’s cheaper than upgrading to a RS500/600 series for the same jump in brightness-I’m still very happy with the image, contrast have a version with very dark corners)

I did get the issue with Roku fixed, HDMI control was accidentally turned on.
post #6435 of 6436 Old 06-10-2020, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Jvc Rs49 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
The meaning of the blink pattern is defined on page 79 of your manual. Although the pattern you describe doesn't seem to be listed. Perhaps you should contact JVC and see what they say.

I have a rs49 that is throwing the "middle" code. Solid red "status", "lamp" and "warning" blinking. New ballast. No fans coming on.

Anyone have this problem and fixed it? Any ideas as to what to try would be welcomed. Thanks
post #6436 of 6436 Old 06-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orunmila4 View Post
I have a rs49 that is throwing the "middle" code. Solid red "status", "lamp" and "warning" blinking. New ballast. No fans coming on.

Anyone have this problem and fixed it? Any ideas as to what to try would be welcomed. Thanks
I called JVC and mentronix today. Worthless. "Tech department at JVC/KENWOOD was a joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , X500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page