Consensus best 3D glasses / emitter for JVCs? - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 76Likes

post #541 of 547 Old 05-17-2020, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by panman40 View Post
Is it possible to still buy the xpand X105 X3 glasses which are optimised for the X series jvcs ?. I’️m in the uk and have never been able to find them and the official JVC glasses are very expensive here.
Apparently, on some screens there is a polarity issue that causes the X1 glasses to be dimmer. I used both the X1 and X3, and on my Elite Starling screen, I saw no difference. Try the X1's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 547 Old 05-17-2020, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsluft View Post
I’️m not sure yet on the compatibility of the BR100 emitter and PS3 glasses. Being an owner of a Sony HW30, the emitter is a TMR-PJ1, which the PS3 glasses sync with Without issue. The BR100 emitter was/is used with Sony TVs, and sync with BR series glasses. The BR series glasses could work with a Sony projector if you bought special lens filters to put on the lenses.

I think all you would need is this https://www.hi-shock.de/en/rj45/3-pi...40-hw55-vw1100
And this. https://www.hi-shock.de/en/y-vesa-ca...in/3-pin/3-pin
Then you can connect a Sony TMR-PJ or PJ2 emitter. That is the emitter for the Sony HW and VW projectors. Then you can use PS3 glasses. Thanks to ScottAvery for this link. I had no idea this existed. I’️m ordering one, along with the Hi Shock splitter, since I have several PS3 glasses, also.

My reason for trying to make the BR100 emitter work is seeing if the BR50, BR100, and BR250 can work with our projectors. The BR’️s are the glasses that needed the special filters to be used with Sony projectors. I’️m thinking if I can make this work, then will have a whole new line of cheap glasses to pick from.
Hi, I think several folks tried this before without much luck. I had the HW30 for several years as well. I am not sure the signal from the projector is compatible. Several folks in the HW55 thread were discussing the pinouts but not sure anyone got it work.

I used that 3 pin to RJ45 years ago so I could use the Xpand RF transmitter with my VW1100.

I have several of the BR series glasses but avoid them because they have the heaviest color tint of all the glasses i've tested over the years. the PS3 glasses are more color neutral like the Xpand 105's.

After cutting and splicing various Xpand and Sony emitters and plugs, nothing has worked to get PS3 glasses to work with my JVC. I'm now using the JVC ir emitter and Philips PTA02 glasses. A 10pk of glasses, and the NIB emitter cost less than $60.
nathan_h likes this.
post #543 of 547 Old 05-17-2020, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
I use a JVC PK-EM1 ir emitter and Philips PTA02 glasses. The emitter I found at a local dealer, and the glasses here:https://www.ebay.com/itm/370775277760

The glasses have no sync button. They lock on to the signal as soon as a movie starts. The 3d image I get is exceptional.
I wish I could have found the IR emitter. I got some free X1 RF glasses so I just bought the XPAND RF emitter and installed it 2 days ago.

No problem using it with my MX-810 RF remote.

It’s crazy how little information there is in the JVC manual regarding 3D. I don’t know anything about the hardware so wasn’t sure the XPAND generic RF system would work, but it works perfect.

I’ll probably pick up a pair of the properly polarized Hi-Shock glasses just to see if there’s a difference since they’re nearly the same price as all the other RF glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 547 Old 05-17-2020, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Apparently, on some screens there is a polarity issue that causes the X1 glasses to be dimmer. I used both the X1 and X3, and on my Elite Starling screen, I saw no difference. Try the X1's.
Hi, yes that’s correct, I don’t have a screen which retains polarisation and I use the X1 and some Samsung glasses, however I get around a 10% increase in brightness with the correct Polarised for JVC glasses and every little bit helps!.

JVC DLA-X7900 3D Projector, Sapphire 106" Electric screen, Sony KDL-55W905 3D TV, Panasonic UB820, UB700, BDT-380 MZ, BDT700, Sky Q 2TB, Fire TV 4K, ATV 4k, Marantz SR7012, 7.1.2, SVS PC2000 Sub, Kef Q600C Centre, Q300 fronts, Ci160QR Ceilings, CA SX60 Surrounds, Harmony 950+hub.
post #545 of 547 Old 05-18-2020, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2955 Post(s)
Liked: 2081
Yeah polarization makes a big difference on some screens. Mine definitely impacts the image.

Quick test: Using a pair of polarized sunglasses (most good quality sunglasses are made this way, I think), tilt you head 90 degrees and see if the screen dims. If not, your screen probably doesn't retain polarization.

On mine, it gets noticeably dimmer.

My current setup.
Recommended podcasts: The Next Picture Show, the /filmcast, AV Rant.
post #546 of 547 Old 05-19-2020, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Yeah polarization makes a big difference on some screens. Mine definitely impacts the image.

Quick test: Using a pair of polarized sunglasses (most good quality sunglasses are made this way, I think), tilt you head 90 degrees and see if the screen dims. If not, your screen probably doesn't retain polarization.

On mine, it gets noticeably dimmer.

This text only works playing 3D content I assume ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #547 of 547 Old 05-19-2020, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2955 Post(s)
Liked: 2081
Any image is fine. The brighter the better since it makes it easier to see.

My current setup.
Recommended podcasts: The Next Picture Show, the /filmcast, AV Rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Samsung Ssg 5100gb 3d Active Glasses , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Bg Bc100b 3d Rf Emitter Only , Xpand X105 Rf X1 Rechargeable 3d Rf Bluetooth Glasses

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page