Help Replacing Aging JVC RS1 Projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have had a JVC RS1 projector for over 5 years. The projector needs a new bulb ( I have a brand new bulb in storage), but given that technology changes so quickly, I am wondering what my projector replacement options would be today and how they might differ from what I currently own. In years past I have owned other brands and technologies (Sony LCD, Sharp DLP and now JVC DILA). So I am not opposed to a switch of brands and/or technology if the change would result in a big improvement. Other info that might help in making suggestions, I use the projector to watch TV and play DVDs. No games. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 12710 Post(s)
Liked: 10331
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoff View Post

I have had a JVC RS1 projector for over 5 years. The projector needs a new bulb ( I have a brand new bulb in storage), but given that technology changes so quickly, I am wondering what my projector replacement options would be today and how they might differ from what I currently own. In years past I have owned other brands and technologies (Sony LCD, Sharp DLP and now JVC DILA). So I am not opposed to a switch of brands and/or technology if the change would result in a big improvement. Other info that might help in making suggestions, I use the projector to watch TV and play DVDs. No games. Thanks for your help!

What do you use your projector for? Sounds like you were pretty happy with your JVC. The new JVC's are brighter, sharper, higher contrast and better motion. I would probably take a look at those, unless there was something about your current projector that you did not like. Hugh improvement from RS1 to a new E-shift JVC. Give us a call for pricing.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I went from JVC RS1 to JVC RS40 which is a 3d pj. I have it listed here in the classifieds for $1,300 if interested. It has been reliable and after 3 years, I am ready to upgrade. Good luck with your search.

Ian B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B View Post

I went from JVC RS1 to JVC RS40 which is a 3d pj. I have it listed here in the classifieds for $1,300 if interested. It has been reliable and after 3 years, I am ready to upgrade. Good luck with your search.

Ian B

Thanks Ian. I don't upgrade very often so my preference would be to get a new projector that has the newest technology at the time of purchase. What projectors are you considering to replace your current one with? Any particular features that you are looking for?
post #5 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

What do you use your projector for? Sounds like you were pretty happy with your JVC. The new JVC's are brighter, sharper, higher contrast and better motion. I would probably take a look at those, unless there was something about your current projector that you did not like. Hugh improvement from RS1 to a new E-shift JVC. Give us a call for pricing.

Thank you Mike. I use the projector for movies and tv. No video games. I have been very happy with my JVC; no issues at all.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Thanks Ian. I don't upgrade very often so my preference would be to get a new projector that has the newest technology at the time of purchase. What projectors are you considering to replace your current one with? Any particular features that you are looking for?

Epson 6030 and Sony 55ES. Bulbs on JVC too much based on number of hours I watch in a year.

Ian B
post #7 of 8 Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked: 3616
Quote:

I think you will be amazed at what the new JVCs bring to the table vs your RS1. Eshift, the new DI, sharper, brighter, more accurate color, 3d, CMD, better motion, etc.........they really are significantly better in every way. I moved from an RS1 to RS40 (then RS45) and it was a nice upgrade in every way. Moving from an RS1 to a 4910 or 57 would be a fantastic upgrade IMO.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am also looking to upgrade. I also have an RS1 I am finishing my new house. Have already put a 133" scope screen with masking to hdtv in the ceiling. I was thinking of using a 4k pj with zoom to scope. Then all the issues on how to eventually get a true 4k feed to PJ came up. Now they have giant flat panel 4k coming. Oh boy.
So I had thought of B stock sony 1000
Now who knows.
All thoughts will be considered.
Thanks for your inputs.
I am planning on putting a 80-90" flat panel on wall for day use.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page