Official JVC DLA-X900R / RS67U / RS6710U Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 86 Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,871
Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13490 Post(s)
Liked: 11118
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
I just nabbed one of them, figured it was worth the extra money. That was money I had planned on spending for the calibration items, so I will be running out of the box for a bit. But damn I am excited
You nabbed the last one.
I will send you some settings to try.
Mike Garrett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 86 Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Member
 
dadalr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there anyway to find out when my RS6710 was manufactured? (perhaps using serial number)
dadalr is offline  
post #33 of 86 Old 02-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Alright -- looking at possibly getting a b-stock JVC 6710. But I am a bit of a gamer and do some fast twitch stuff (... smoking fools on Call of Duty).

I can't seem to find any lag numbers on the JVCs for this generation of product -- but historically they have been not good. Does anyone know if these projectors are good or poor for gaming due to lag? Does the projector have a low-lag/game mode like the Sony's?
Skrill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 86 Old 02-06-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jjcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
Alright -- looking at possibly getting a b-stock JVC 6710. But I am a bit of a gamer and do some fast twitch stuff (... smoking fools on Call of Duty).

I can't seem to find any lag numbers on the JVCs for this generation of product -- but historically they have been not good. Does anyone know if these projectors are good or poor for gaming due to lag? Does the projector have a low-lag/game mode like the Sony's?
The current year models are very bad for gaming, roughly 120ms with all processing off and 130-140 with CMD enabled. There is no game mode. For casual games the lag can be acceptable but for twitch games it is not acceptable IMO.

To game in my theater, I added a DLP with 30ms lag to complement my RS4910.
jjcook is offline  
post #35 of 86 Old 02-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
The current year models are very bad for gaming, roughly 120ms with all processing off and 130-140 with CMD enabled. There is no game mode. For casual games the lag can be acceptable but for twitch games it is not acceptable IMO.

To game in my theater, I added a DLP with 30ms lag to complement my RS4910.
Thanks -- this is what I needed to know. I will stick with the Sony product for my uses.
Skrill is offline  
post #36 of 86 Old 02-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Member
 
laggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Does any one have the model number of the Remote Control for the X900? Thanks
laggs is offline  
post #37 of 86 Old 02-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Member
 
giogt600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggs View Post
Does any one have the model number of the Remote Control for the X900? Thanks

The X900 remote control model number for you......
RIM-MH20G


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giogt600 is offline  
post #38 of 86 Old 02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Member
 
laggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thank you.

I have an x900r and in my opinion the buzzing from eshift is kind of loud. During a movie's quiet scene the buzzing is very noticeable. Is this the same for you guys? If I turn eshift off the noise goes away. Just wondering if it's just mine or if this is normal.
laggs is offline  
post #39 of 86 Old 02-20-2015, 04:42 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggs View Post
Thank you.

I have an x900r and in my opinion the buzzing from eshift is kind of loud. During a movie's quiet scene the buzzing is very noticeable. Is this the same for you guys? If I turn eshift off the noise goes away. Just wondering if it's just mine or if this is normal.
Yes, this is perfectly normal. What you're hearing is the eshift device. The device is a physical lens that moves rapidly in and out of the light path many times per second. The noise you're hearing is the pitch at which the device is actuating in and out of the light path. This is why when you turn it off the noise goes away because it's in a static, fixed position when it's off.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #40 of 86 Old 02-21-2015, 06:42 AM
Member
 
giogt600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggs View Post
Thank you.

I have an x900r and in my opinion the buzzing from eshift is kind of loud. During a movie's quiet scene the buzzing is very noticeable. Is this the same for you guys? If I turn eshift off the noise goes away. Just wondering if it's just mine or if this is normal.

I've only recently swapped out my X500 for an X900 and I can honestly say I've never heard anything as regards noise from eshift on either models. Absolutely loving the X900 by the way.....!!!
Fresh out of the box with minimal settings tweaked.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424529667.903499.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	558609


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giogt600 is offline  
post #41 of 86 Old 03-25-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,606
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7794 Post(s)
Liked: 9850
We have exactly two RS6710 b stock projectors available for a great price. Call if interested.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #42 of 86 Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,871
Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13490 Post(s)
Liked: 11118
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
One 6710 left and two RS57's coming in.

Added
6710's have been sold.

Added 4/01/15
RS57's sold.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 04-02-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #43 of 86 Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,871
Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13490 Post(s)
Liked: 11118
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Have an RS6710 coming in. This one is going to Art for a review and will be calibrated. Call us if interested.

Added
Sold

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 04-02-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #44 of 86 Old 05-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Badas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has anyone had issues with the door on the X900R?

It usually make a awful noise when opening and closing however recently mine has been making that noise plus some clunking banging noise. As it works it clicks/bangs about 3 times. The door itself is traveling smoothly and has not actually failed. It just sounds like it is going to fail.
Badas is offline  
post #45 of 86 Old 06-02-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27,871
Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13490 Post(s)
Liked: 11118
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
RS6710 is now on sale.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #46 of 86 Old 09-09-2015, 02:35 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Mike just informed me that AVScience now has a blowout special on brand new A-Stock RS67's. They're selling for $4,999 delivered. I'm sure these will go fast!

Contact Mike at 585-671-2968 Or Craig at 585-671-2972

Last edited by Seegs108; 09-09-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #47 of 86 Old 09-10-2015, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jh901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PITTSBURGH
Posts: 1,447
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Is there a diagram and write-up on the lens design? Number of elements? Plastic? Any ED glass, etc? Does JVC make the lens parts? How do their lenses compare to Sony and Epson? Appreciated!

HT: Panasonic DP-UB820 | JVC RS600 | 106" x 45" Stewart ST 100 | Cary Audio Cinema 12 | NAD M27 | Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, Debut F5/B6; Focal CMS Sub
STEREO: [Shunyata Denali] Playback Designs MPS-5 (fully upgraded) | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 ES | Focal Diablo Utopia III DEN: 60" Panasonic VT60
jh901 is offline  
post #48 of 86 Old 09-11-2015, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pottscb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,731
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 130
4K

Been contemplating the 4K switch...then I watched Thor II on my JVC 4910 last night and it was DirecTV HD, so not as sharp as BD, but I just sat there with my mouth hanging open on the off-world and space scenes. You can keep those extra few million pixels...my eyes crave CONTRAST! (it makes the color so rich) In lieu of going 4K I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a higher end JVC... to those who have gone from 4910 to 57 or 67...is it night and day or just a nice increase? Is the THX mode a good option? I've been preferring it without the auto-iris as Ive been distracted by it lately but damn the blacks are dark with it off.


On that note, AVS has some b-stock and refurb RS57 and RS67 pjs for smoking deals (less than the cheapest Sony 4K and three times the contrast)...I'm thinking about jumping on one and waiting out the 4K pj debacle.


PM or call Mike Garrett:
AV Science Sales 5
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
giogt600 likes this.
pottscb is offline  
post #49 of 86 Old 09-11-2015, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drapp1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can't speak to how much a perceived increase you'd see in the RS67 compared to the 4910. But, I had a RS35 with a rated native CR of 70K:1 and I see the 4910 is rated 60K:1. A few months ago I sold that RS35 and I got a B-stock 6710 with rated CR of 150K:1 and the improved contrast was clear but other performance parameters were just as impressive. I think those improvements are related to processing and lens quality with some reduction in motion "judder" on certain-speed pans and better sharpness. I don't use the DI or pseudo-4K and other sharpness, etc. "enhancement" settings are at minimum.

So, I hope you jumped on that deal, which is now not posted - I presume they sold out already.
drapp1952 is offline  
post #50 of 86 Old 09-11-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SED <--- Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by drapp1952 View Post
I can't speak to how much a perceived increase you'd see in the RS67 compared to the 4910. But, I had a RS35 with a rated native CR of 70K:1 and I see the 4910 is rated 60K:1. A few months ago I sold that RS35 and I got a B-stock 6710 with rated CR of 150K:1 and the improved contrast was clear but other performance parameters were just as impressive. I think those improvements are related to processing and lens quality with some reduction in motion "judder" on certain-speed pans and better sharpness. I don't use the DI or pseudo-4K and other sharpness, etc. "enhancement" settings are at minimum.

So, I hope you jumped on that deal, which is now not posted - I presume they sold out already.
Can I ask you why you don't use the dynamic iris? What is wrong with it? Are there noticeable anomalies during movie playback?
SED <--- Rules is offline  
post #51 of 86 Old 09-11-2015, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 12,267
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3863 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post


On that note, AVS has some b-stock and refurb RS57 and RS67 pjs for smoking deals (less than the cheapest Sony 4K and three times the contrast)...I'm thinking about jumping on one and waiting out the 4K pj debacle.


PM or call Mike Garrett:
AV Science Sales 5
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
He didn't mention any b-stock units to me, but they do have the a-stock RS67s available.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drapp1952 View Post
I can't speak to how much a perceived increase you'd see in the RS67 compared to the 4910. But, I had a RS35 with a rated native CR of 70K:1 and I see the 4910 is rated 60K:1. A few months ago I sold that RS35 and I got a B-stock 6710 with rated CR of 150K:1 and the improved contrast was clear but other performance parameters were just as impressive. I think those improvements are related to processing and lens quality with some reduction in motion "judder" on certain-speed pans and better sharpness. I don't use the DI or pseudo-4K and other sharpness, etc. "enhancement" settings are at minimum.

So, I hope you jumped on that deal, which is now not posted - I presume they sold out already.
If you are talking about the a-stock RS67, then they are still available.
Mike Garrett likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Ericglo is offline  
post #52 of 86 Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drapp1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SED <--- Rules View Post
Can I ask you why you don't use the dynamic iris? What is wrong with it? Are there noticeable anomalies during movie playback?
That's a good question. The difference is subtle and it's a close call, but for me the picture looks more stable or refined without the DI engaged, particularly in low APL scenes with some highlighted features. Shadow detail looks a bit better - again, more stable - to me in the many tunnel scenes in Prometheus, for example, without it. I'm pretty sure the difference is due to the gamma altering, or "image analysis" algorithms JVC uses. The "refinement" I refer to might be due to a smoother, less altered, gamma (think of a less smooth gradient test pattern showing 0 to 100 stimulus) without the DI. It might in part be psychologically determined (I know those algorithms are busy when the DI's on) but I think I'm seeing edge of awareness brightness shifts in the darker scenes that just aren't there with DI not engaged. I keep the iris at manual, around -7 and at that mid level the algorithm is moderately engaged, more so than at -15.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, and seen, this DI is a pretty good one and some would say there's more "pop" in many scenes with it engaged. I wouldn't go so far to say that it's "wrong" as it does what it's supposed to well. It's kind of ironic because I consider myself a black level-oriented guy when it comes to pjs, and I still wish the 6710's was better. But for me the increased contrast with the DI is just a bit outweighed by the subtle negatives I see.
drapp1952 is offline  
post #53 of 86 Old 09-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
schwaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta Metro area
Posts: 424
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 425
I just joined the club! Craig from AVS hooked me up with one of the closeout 67s! My first projector for my new, almost finished theater room. Should be here Friday! Can't wait!
Craig Peer likes this.
schwaggs is offline  
post #54 of 86 Old 09-22-2015, 05:16 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaggs View Post
I just joined the club! Craig from AVS hooked me up with one of the closeout 67s! My first projector for my new, almost finished theater room. Should be here Friday! Can't wait!
You're going to love it! Definitely some of the best picture quality out there today on this unit. Enjoy.

PS. I'd recommend finishing the theater first before you install the projector. You'll notice a lot of theater builds abruptly stop once people setup their projector.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #55 of 86 Old 09-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
schwaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta Metro area
Posts: 424
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
PS. I'd recommend finishing the theater first before you install the projector. You'll notice a lot of theater builds abruptly stop once people setup their projector.

Hehehe.... I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to force myself to finish installing the window trim, crown molding and baseboard before opening the box. Still hoping to get it setup before the football games on Sunday... might be wishful thinking...
schwaggs is offline  
post #56 of 86 Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,606
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7794 Post(s)
Liked: 9850
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaggs View Post
Hehehe.... I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to force myself to finish installing the window trim, crown molding and baseboard before opening the box. Still hoping to get it setup before the football games on Sunday... might be wishful thinking...

Nothing like a projector on its way to add that extra incentive to finish your theater construction ! You can always paint that trim after the game if need be !
Craig Peer is offline  
post #57 of 86 Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
schwaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta Metro area
Posts: 424
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 425
I was able to finish all the trim and setup the RS67 late last night. First impression when unboxing, was wow, this thing is HUGE! It is much bigger than it looks in the pictures. Now I understand why my mount says to use 5/16 lag bolts!

Shooting on a 10 foot Elite CineWhite screen (1.1 gain supposedly) and WOW this shoots an incredible picture! I used the THX preset (low lamp) and it looks GREAT. I closed the iris down as the bright scenes were uncomfortable on my eyes. Happy that in my case, the extra brightness of the 2016 models isn't needed and I have some brightness in reserve for when the bulb ages.

I was reading in some threads that the RS67/X900 has multiple iris's. Is this true? If so, I should be able to adjust the maximum brightness on one AND use the other for the dynamic iris function. I can't seem to see how to set this up.

Do you guys use the dynamic iris or do you find the incredible native contrast is enough?
giogt600 likes this.
schwaggs is offline  
post #58 of 86 Old 09-27-2015, 07:58 AM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaggs View Post
I was able to finish all the trim and setup the RS67 late last night. First impression when unboxing, was wow, this thing is HUGE! It is much bigger than it looks in the pictures. Now I understand why my mount says to use 5/16 lag bolts!

Shooting on a 10 foot Elite CineWhite screen (1.1 gain supposedly) and WOW this shoots an incredible picture! I used the THX preset (low lamp) and it looks GREAT. I closed the iris down as the bright scenes were uncomfortable on my eyes. Happy that in my case, the extra brightness of the 2016 models isn't needed and I have some brightness in reserve for when the bulb ages.

I was reading in some threads that the RS67/X900 has multiple iris's. Is this true? If so, I should be able to adjust the maximum brightness on one AND use the other for the dynamic iris function. I can't seem to see how to set this up.

Do you guys use the dynamic iris or do you find the incredible native contrast is enough?
On the RS67 and RS57 there's an iris in the lens and one right after the bulb. When you choose a manual iris position on either of these models it closes down on both of them. You can't choose to close one or the other as they're meant to work in tandem to boost contrast as JVC has set up it's light engine. But you can set a manual iris position and then use the auto-iris. When you set it up like this the the auto-iris simply never opens past the manual iris position that you set. In general JVC's dynamic iris is well behaved and is one of the better DI's out there currently. But, yes, I would say these JVC projectors offer more than enough native contrast to satisfy almost everyone out there. So if you find it annoying, disable it and I think you'll still be more than happy with contrast performance.
schwaggs likes this.

Last edited by Seegs108; 09-27-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #59 of 86 Old 09-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
schwaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta Metro area
Posts: 424
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
But you can set a manual iris position and then use the auto-iris.
I see, thanks! I just re-read the iris section of the manual and apparently how you do this is to set the Iris to manual, set the maximum brightness, save, then set the Iris to Auto1 or Auto2. When done this way, the auto iris will use the prior manual iris setting as the max aperture. Does that sound right?

Last edited by schwaggs; 09-27-2015 at 08:23 AM.
schwaggs is offline  
post #60 of 86 Old 09-27-2015, 08:24 AM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaggs View Post
I see, thanks! I just re-read the iris section of the manual and apparently how you do this is to set the Iris to manual, set the maximum brightness, save, then set the Iris to Auto1 or Auto2. When done this way, the auto iris will use the prior manual iris setting as the max aperture. Is this right?
Correct. Set the Iris mode to manual, set the position you want and then change to the auto iris mode you want. You'll notice even though the manual position is now greyed out, the position you set is still at that point. Most people use Auto Mode 2 as it's a little less aggressive.
schwaggs likes this.
Seegs108 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X900r

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off