Sony VPL-HW55ES Backorder - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the deal is with the supply of these projectors? Mine has been on since late 2013 and my installer is telling me that his supplier has a back order list of 2000+ plus? I'm not in a huge rush because I just got my furniture for my HT this week and I have a million things to do before I can spend some time watching movies etc.

For those wondering, I just had my house built and met with the AV guy last summer. I asked for the HW50 model but I guess he waited to order it and when he did, they were no longer available and he ordered the HW55 instead. Fine.

I don't know who his supplier is so I don't know if I'm being jerked around or not. I think I read on here somewhere that they were back-ordered but I would think by now the demand would be easing. Thanks.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12541 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoupe View Post

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the deal is with the supply of these projectors? Mine has been on since late 2013 and my installer is telling me that his supplier has a back order list of 2000+ plus? I'm not in a huge rush because I just got my furniture for my HT this week and I have a million things to do before I can spend some time watching movies etc.

For those wondering, I just had my house built and met with the AV guy last summer. I asked for the HW50 model but I guess he waited to order it and when he did, they were no longer available and he ordered the HW55 instead. Fine.

I don't know who his supplier is so I don't know if I'm being jerked around or not. I think I read on here somewhere that they were back-ordered but I would think by now the demand would be easing. Thanks.

Sent you a PM. smile.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 6986 Post(s)
Liked: 8267
We are getting them in, off and on.

[email protected] JVC RS4500, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Panamorph Paladin DCR lens, Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreens - 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST130 & 122" diagonal 16:9 Cima Neve, Denon X8500, Parasound A 52+ amp, Martin Logan Motion series 9.4 speakers, four SVS subs, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 203, PFP M1500 UPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So what would be the ETA if we ordered one now? My Epson 5010 I bought from you guys two years and a few weeks ago died. Not sure if Epson will warranty it (it is my third 5010). This one almost lasted long enough to need a new bulb at least.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-19-2014, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 6986 Post(s)
Liked: 8267
At this point - about 2 weeks.

[email protected] JVC RS4500, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Panamorph Paladin DCR lens, Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreens - 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST130 & 122" diagonal 16:9 Cima Neve, Denon X8500, Parasound A 52+ amp, Martin Logan Motion series 9.4 speakers, four SVS subs, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 203, PFP M1500 UPS
post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Hi, I too am after a hw55.  Was looking for a hw50, but it seems a lot of people had problems with flickering when used on eco mode.  Turns out it was a problem with the globes.  Running it on high for a while fixed it for a while.  Then the new 55 model came out, which isalmost exactly the same as the old model.  But one of the few things that is different is the globe, funnily enough.  So safer to go with the 55.  Only other one that seems in the same league in my mind is the Panasonic AE 8000, but it has been out for a couple of years now...there must be a new one around the corner.  But the Sony 55 just seems more professional and better made. $What's the best price on a 55? I'm ready to buy!  Forgot to mention that I'm in Oz...Australia that is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page