Help a newbie - Mitsubishi HC5000 lamp replacement and a few other questions. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm posting this here because this projector was a "high end" projector when it came out lol, and couldn't find another section for this question.

I bought this projector used a few months ago, and now the lamp replacement warning is showing every time I turn the unit on.  I was talking to a few different people when I was looking for a used projector and one of them said the lamp was replaced but the timer was not reset, so I'm unsure if it was this one or another one.  I have a few questions on the topic though...

Can I upgrade the lamp to a better one?  I'm a firm believer in "if it breaks, upgrade it."

How hard is it to replace the lamp?  Can I do it myself?

Where can I find a good quality lamp at a decent price?  I've already looked around and I've found them from 60 to 400.  I don't want a cheap one, but I don't want to pay more for one I could have gotten cheaper.

The current lamp seems fine to me, but I want to go ahead and buy another and have it here for when this lamp finally does go out.

I'm also looking for a replacement remote, since mine didn't come with one.  Since the original isn't available anymore, will any universal remote do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc5000 Lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page