Epson 5030/6030 Delayed Start Problem - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes your Epson 5030/6030 projector? You can select the last answer
Always starts normally. 21 31.82%
Delayed start seen rarely (less than 10% of the time). 10 15.15%
Delayed start fairly common (but less than half the time). 13 19.70%
Delayed start very common (half the time or more). 14 21.21%
Sometimes it doesn't start at all (orange light). 10 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 43 Old 02-18-2016, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by careto12 View Post
after reading all comments I think this delayed startup is something more common than random,
Mine projector started having these issues more frequently after 1500 hour. Before I had it, but it was very random and I didn't worry. Now it is more common, once a week, maybe. Nothing changed, same room, same position, etc. and projector has been off for at least 20-24 hours. have anyone of you found out a solution for this delayed startup issue?

At 1500 hours it might have something to do with the lamp, but if you don't have a spare to try you can't really test that theory.

Mine continues to start normally 90% of the time after the firmware update to V111. I do think the newer firmware made a significant difference, so if you don't have it you could try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 03-14-2016, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought I'd jump in here and offer my 2 cents. I've had my Epson 5030ub for just about a year now with some 770 hours on the lamp and was dealing with the all too common lamp issue. As others know, it may come up immediately, come on after a delay or not come on at all, requiring the power plug to be pulled to get it going again.

Then I started noticing a visible flickering in the lamp brightness, something I was unwilling to live with. I contacted Epson and they sent me a replacement. I was thrilled, getting a refurbed unit with zero hours on the lamp in the deal. That is I was happy until the second day when the video blanked and a message about detecting a failure in the auto iris popped up. The status lights started dancing like crazy and the fan kicked into high gear. The only way out was to yank the power cord. It came back up, only now the auto iris function is disabled and I'm not willing to try enabling it again. It works ok without the auto iris feature, the black levels seem fine in my dark room and the grumbling noise the feature makes is gone. I'm not sure what the auto iris feature really does other then add more cost and complexity to the unit.

However, the replacement projector also has the same lamp not lighting issue and in fact seems worse than the original one. I had to yank the power cord three times in two days to get the lamp to come on. I'll be contacting Epson soon and will see if unit number three is the charm.

This is really a shame because other than these reliability problems I love the projector.
post #33 of 43 Old 03-15-2016, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 473
^ What firmware version does the replacement have? To check it press Menu and then scroll down to Info and look for Version at the bottom of the page.

V111 was the new firmware that I believe improved the start up problem (at least in my case). But you'd expect Epson to be updating refurbs before they ship them. It's frustrating that Epson haven't solved this issue in several years (it was on the previous model too, before the 5030).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 Old 03-25-2017, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs up delay starting problem solution!!

Hi everyone!!!
A couple of nights ago... set in the screen (screen setting) hdmi link mode off!!! and VOILÁ!!!
SOLVED PROBLEM, from that moment always begin with total normality
my device is oppo bdp 95
good luck and best regards!! (Sorry for my language limitation)

AGUANTE SKAY BEILINSON - PATRICIO REY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmq7BVcGmlc
post #35 of 43 Old 04-09-2017, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Epson never more !!!

Hi Dear Javifor

I decided to do a search about this issue today because mine failed 5 times yesterday, and HDMI Link Mode is off...
I am very frustrated.
When I saw your post I thought that i really had find a solution.
Thanks to try to help.

I always had Sanyo and Panasonic projectors. This is my first Epson and I am very disapointed with them. They don´t say anything about this problem and the several reported posts.
I decided to buy a new one from a more trustable manufacturer. I am thinking to buy a Sony (HW 45ES) or another Panasonic (PT AE 8000).

EPSON NEVER MORE !!!
post #36 of 43 Old 05-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 125
My 3100 had done this delayed start a few times now. Only once has it failed to start, and it started up normally the next time. Always a flashing blue power light when it happens.

I'll check the HDMI link thing next time I turn it on.

About 100 hours now.
post #37 of 43 Old 05-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Update - seemed to be getting worse, so after three straight no-starts, I reseated the bulb and it has started up quickly in the attempts since. Hopefully that was the only problem.
post #38 of 43 Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM

My projector was fixed by Epson of Brazil.
They confirmed me that the problem was caused by the Ballast Power Board. It was replaced and the projector is working fine now.
It seems to be an usual problem of this model.
sparky7 likes this.
post #39 of 43 Old 06-20-2017, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

Knock on wood, my 3100 has started every time since reseating the lamp. On rare occasions it's still a bit slow, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Glad you got yours fixed. Report back in a few weeks.
post #40 of 43 Old 08-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Still working fine after replacement of the ballast board.
post #41 of 43 Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My Epson 2100 has the same issue, the fan is running without picture. Then aftet 2mins of loud fan..orange light on lamp follows. Since then the projector hasn't turned on anymore. Is it a lamp problem only? Thanks
post #42 of 43 Old 07-08-2018, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Magtoto View Post
My Epson 2100 has the same issue, the fan is running without picture. Then aftet 2mins of loud fan..orange light on lamp follows. Since then the projector hasn't turned on anymore. Is it a lamp problem only? Thanks
Hi,

is the 'temp' light blinking red/orange while the fans run loudly?
post #43 of 43 Old 02-04-2019, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I have about 1300 hours on my 5030UB, and I installed v1.11 firmware the day I got it (end of October 2014). In all that time, I've probably had the delayed start 5 times, and I run the thing everyday. For me it's a non-issue.
Hi,
I had the same problem with my Epson projector after 2 years within warranty. It was fixed by Epson by changing ballast and lamp.

After about 2 years after that the same problem resurfaced and again the ballast was changed. Since then it starts immediately only about 50% of the time, rest of the time it takes about 30 -45 seconds with fan running on high. So far, it has started all the time with no red lamp light.(50% delayed)

I still have about 3 months warranty. I am thinking of returning it for repairs if delayed start continues.

In the initial 2 years after purchase there never was any delayed start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page