I'm at 2000 hrs on my Panasonic 8000u should I replace? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm at 2000 hrs on my Panasonic 8000u should I replace?

I always have the lamp on high as I like the brightness. I'm not sure if it's gradually dimming and I'm just not noticing. You think it's too early to replace? Also and suggestions on where to get a OEM lamp for a good price? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithj101 View Post
I always have the lamp on high as I like the brightness. I'm not sure if it's gradually dimming and I'm just not noticing. You think it's too early to replace? Also and suggestions on where to get a OEM lamp for a good price? Thanks!
I'd go by the manufacturer's recommendation. On my HC3800, it's rated 5000hrs in eco mode and I've gotten around that...changed it when the bulb warning came on. Mine's at 3900 right now and the bulb warning just came on last night so will stretch it out to 4200 before replacing the bulb.

There are a lot of ebay sellers and other retailers but I only use projectorpeople (same people I bought the PJ from) ....their pricing is little on the high side but they sell genuine OEM bulbs+housing.....my current one is from them and have gotten 4200 hrs (low mode).

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
post #3 of 3 Old 04-13-2015, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithj101 View Post
The AE8000 bulb is rated for 4,000 hours. It will probably be down to less than half its original brightness by then. You could replace the bulb early, but you don't need to. The projector will tell you when it's hungry.

As for good places to buy genuine Panasonic replacement bulbs, check with AVS or ProVantage.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page