Replacing JVC Ballast - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #31 of 103 Old 07-23-2018, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Tadaaaaa!!! finally got it loose...
This should give a better understanding of what effectively sat underneath. I used a hairdryer and I can confirm the adhesive cooling pad.

Now on to the next problem: the ballast does not have the same type as the previous gens.
My concern now is that I probably should have tested the lamp first before setting off on this arduous journey because I don't know how likely ballast failure in this revised model is.
Before I started off on this and after reading up on all the symptoms I was convinced however that this was the culprit. Had I had an easy way to check with another lamp I would have of course tried that first, but I didn't relish the thought of spending money on buying a new lamp only to find out that it wasn't to blame as had many people before me with ballast issues...

Anyway, I am where I am now so may as well stay the course. However, I'm having trouble finding the part online: QAL1459-001 / MPL3120E
Anybody know where to source this?? I've looked on the parts sites mentioned in this thread but no joy...
I'm in Australia btw, so would be great to find it close to home of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_215919.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	729.3 KB
ID:	2431798   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_223459.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	2431804  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 103 Old 07-23-2018, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So you are getting the middle lamp error light flashing forever? That ballast looks more generic than the X3. It will of course have a custom JVC eprom on it as they are a PITA like that.

Put the projector back together and see if you are getting 385VDC (ish) on the lamp contacts on power on. I tried a generic ballast on my X3 and it lights the lamp 3 times before erroring out.

Where are you in Australia? I'm in Brisbane
post #33 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Purcell View Post
So you are getting the middle lamp error light flashing forever? That ballast looks more generic than the X3. It will of course have a custom JVC eprom on it as they are a PITA like that.

Put the projector back together and see if you are getting 385VDC (ish) on the lamp contacts on power on. I tried a generic ballast on my X3 and it lights the lamp 3 times before erroring out.

Where are you in Australia? I'm in Brisbane

Yeah from memory that sounds about right. Was a 2 blink amber flash that kept on repeating itself. Couldn't turn it back on unless I pulled the power first.
The lamp has very low hours as well despite its age, so while I can't rule out a lamp issue it seemed less likely to me.
I originally described the chain of events here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...ot-my-jvc.html

Unfortunately I'm in Melbourne and no hero when it comes to measuring high voltage stuff. I'm good at solving puzzles though and generally good at taking things apart and (hopefully just as good) putting them back together so just thought I would check the ballast model first in hopes it was the same one as the one mentioned in this thread so that I could just order in a new one. Now that it turns out to be a different one and I'm not having any luck on finding it online, I don't know how to proceed anymore.

JVC Australia, while friendly enough, have not really been forthcoming either as all my previous contacts led to the same suggestion: bring it into an authorized repair center. The last contact where I queried them about the difficulties in removing the HDMI board was met with a "well now I doubt even an authorized repair center would want to get involved anymore"...
I doubt that a new call to ask if I can buy parts off them directly will be met with anything but the same kind of answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lebon12
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc71 View Post
Hi all,

Can someone give me some tips? I'm mid way through destroying sorry attempting to repair my (way out of warranty) JVC X3 which I suspect has a broken ballast board. Can someone tell me where the board is located and any tips for getting it out? I suspect it's under the scaler board and part of the PSU as the wires from the lamp go into a sealed area. However removing this gaggle of metal appears to require some Zen skills. Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Neil
Is anyone still looking to repair any of this models?

JVC DLA-RS30 DLA-RS40U DLA-RS45 DLA-RS4800 DLA-RS50 DLA-RS55 DLA-RS60 DLA-RS65 DLA-VS2100U DLA-X3 DLA-X30 DLA-X7 DLA-X70 DLA-X9 DLA-X90
post #35 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am currently trying to repair a RS60. I ordered the new ballast and it looks like it is trying to ignite the lamp but the lamp is not turning on. I wont be able to look at it again until Thursday.

The ballast is located in a plastic holder that goes in the empty space in the picture (sorry, its the only one I had). All of the boards above and to the left need to be removed before you can access the ballast.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JVCS60.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	2432388  
post #36 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
It will of course have a custom JVC eprom on it as they are a PITA like that.

So with a JVC eprom being required, that means something like this Panasonic board which looks identical and has a near-enough identical Ushio product number would not be an option I take it?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-23...-/172744823045

Or could you swap out the eprom? I'm assuming it sits on the board that is vertically slotted in on the ballast PCB? (not at home right now so can't check)
If that board is plug and play (like slotting a PCIe card in a PC) then that may still work??
post #37 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukkae View Post
So with a JVC eprom being required, that means something like this Panasonic board which looks identical and has a near-enough identical Ushio product number would not be an option I take it?

Or could you swap out the eprom? I'm assuming it sits on the board that is vertically slotted in on the ballast PCB? (not at home right now so can't check)
If that board is plug and play (like slotting a PCIe card in a PC) then that may still work??
You would need the exact pin for pin compatible ballast also at least the same power rating. The plugs seem to be a standard but the daughterboards vary.

I tried a generic 220W ballast in the X3 and the bulb would light 3 times then the projector would error. It was pin for pin compatible as well.

I know the rest of the projector was OK as I tried a genuine ballast in it.

Are there any other markings on it that might give away the manufacturer?
post #38 of 103 Old 07-24-2018, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

No, ballast from Panasonic will not work. Look closely at your photo ballast and panasonic ballast. Yours obviously has more details (induction coils, field transistors, etc.)
You need such a ballast: http://store.jvc.com/catalog.php?id=4634

Look for the number in Ali in China, for example. There should be cheaper, but quality will be questioned.

Better, buy a New Lamp. On your model, ballasts rarely fail, they almost never break.
post #39 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Are there any other markings on it that might give away the manufacturer?

It's an USHIO ballast I think the MPL3120E is their product number
post #40 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonopot View Post
No, ballast from Panasonic will not work. Look closely at your photo ballast and panasonic ballast. Yours obviously has more details (induction coils, field transistors, etc.)
You need such a ballast: http://store.jvc.com/catalog.php?id=4634

Look for the number in Ali in China, for example. There should be cheaper, but quality will be questioned.

Better, buy a New Lamp. On your model, ballasts rarely fail, they almost never break.

Thx for the JVC store link! I'll have a look on Ali but I've already seen one on eBay that doesn't really inspire me with confidence... It's from HK but no way of knowing whether it's genuinely new or whether it's a broken used one that someone's put in a plastic sleeve...

How do you know that ballasts rarely fail on my model if I can ask? Do you work in a repair center?

You're really making me second guess my decision making process in ripping into my PJ like this

Would you be able to determine from the symptoms if it is more likely to be the ballast or the lamp if I describe them to you??
post #41 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 03:26 AM

I'll quickly recap the situation and the symptoms I had regardless:
- PJ 4-5 years old, only 250 hours on the first lamp.

- Unplugged the PJ before going on holiday for 3 weeks
- Plugged it back in when we came back, had it on standby for 2 hours and then fired it up
- Turned on fine (no lamp flicker, nothing out of the ordinary) but then all of a sudden cut out with the 2 amber light flashes.
- Unplugging and replugging to reset it and then firing up had the same outcome every time
- Had it just sit in standby for about a week without doing anything with it and decided to fire it up again: didn't cut out anymore, no amber lights! However, significant amount of flicker present.
- Putting it in high power lamp mode there was no flicker... for about an hour, then flicker started here as well.
- Got in touch with JVC support and an authorized repair center and they warned me that it may not be as straight forward as a mere lamp replacement which had me thinking twice about just going out to get a new lamp. The way they said it gave me the impression that they felt it was more likely not a lamp issue...
- After reading up on the symptoms of similar failures on AVS, I rolled the dice and started working under the assumption that it was more likely to be the ballast, especially given that my lamp has such low hours and it was only ever turned on to watch a movie and then turned off.. was never used as a turn on/turn off television type setup.

So now...

- Is there any other way that I can determine whether this is ballast and/or lamp failure?
- How likely is it that I have to replace the lamp anyway if there has been ballast failure?
- Anyone in Melbourne that has an X500 that I can take my lamp to to try out??

Last edited by Tukkae; 07-26-2018 at 04:00 AM.
post #42 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I'll quickly recap the situation and the symptoms I had regardless:
- PJ 4-5 years old, only 250 hours on the first lamp.

- Unplugged the PJ before going on holiday for 3 weeks
- Plugged it back in when we came back, had it on standby for 2 hours and then fired it up
- Turned on fine (no lamp flicker, nothing out of the ordinary) but then all of a sudden cut out with the 2 amber light flashes.
- Unplugging and replugging to reset it and then firing up had the same outcome every time
- Had it just sit in standby for about a week without doing anything with it and decided to fire it up again: didn't cut out anymore, no amber lights! However, significant amount of flicker present.
- Putting it in high power lamp mode there was no flicker... for about an hour, then flicker started here as well.
- Got in touch with JVC support and an authorized repair center and they warned me that it may not be as straight forward as a mere lamp replacement which had me thinking twice about just going out to get a new lamp. The way they said it gave me the impression that they felt it was more likely not a lamp issue...
- After reading up on the symptoms of similar failures on AVS, I rolled the dice and started working under the assumption that it was more likely to be the ballast, especially given that my lamp has such low hours and it was only ever turned on to watch a movie and then turned off.. was never used as a turn on/turn off television type setup.

So now...

- Is there any other way that I can determine whether this is ballast and/or lamp failure?
- How likely is it that I have to replace the lamp anyway if there has been ballast failure?
- Anyone in Melbourne that has an X500 that I can take my lamp to to try out??
Two blinks of the yellow LED (in the center) indicate a failure with the lamp (Lamp extinction during the design).
If the new lamp does not fix the problem, then you will need a thorough diagnosis, in a specialized service. You can assume anything, starting with the fan not working, the power board, and up to the processor board. Therefore only in service.
As for the ballast, that they work for a long time and rarely fail, I know from experience. Sometimes I repair projectors.

P.S. If the lamp flickers and does not heal in high mode- change the lamp.
In addition, the failure of the ballast produces a completely different error, the diodes blink differently.
post #43 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Two blinks of the yellow LED (in the center) indicate a failure with the lamp (Lamp extinction during the design).
If the new lamp does not fix the problem, then you will need a thorough diagnosis, in a specialized service. You can assume anything, starting with the fan not working, the power board, and up to the processor board. Therefore only in service.
As for the ballast, that they work for a long time and rarely fail, I know from experience. Sometimes I repair projectors.

P.S. If the lamp flickers and does not heal in high mode- change the lamp.
In addition, the failure of the ballast produces a completely different error, the diodes blink differently.

Hi again, thx for the feedback but are you basing the fact that ballasts rarely fail on a general principle for all projectors? Or are you talking specifically for my model and the more recent ballast that was introduced? Because the previous gen JVC sure seemed to have quite a few of ballast failures so generalising that ballasts don't usually fail would not have applied to the previous gen and as a consequence that statement may or may not hold true for mine.

The manual on my JVC states that in the case of a 2x amber light blink there is 'abnormal circuit operation' (see attached pic). So this could be pretty much anything but actually seems to rather move away from the assumption that it would be lamp related.
From all the symptoms that I have found pertaining to some of the previous gen with ballast failure, mine is seemingly exhibiting very similar behavior which has led me to believe that this is more likely to be the ballast.
But of course this is still very much a guess so I'd be very happy to hear how I would be able to determine where the fault sits without incurring crazy authorised service center investigation costs.

I could have gone out and bought a new lamp but didn't want to get stuck with a $500 AUD spare lamp that I was not planning on using (since I want to upgrade to one of the new models that will get released towards the end of the year) but of course there is even less point in having a spare ballast at $300...

I don't really trust repair centers either as they can claim anything in terms of what is wrong with the projector and for example, if it were confirmed that it is effectively a ballast issue, they may still claim to have swapped out the lamp as well and charge you $800 excl workmanship costs for a projector that is probably only worth $1500 AUD anymore...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-07-27 14_49_55-Jvc DLA-RS67 Instructions Manual (Page 79 of 252).png
Views:	85
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	2433498  
descalabro likes this.

Last edited by Tukkae; 07-26-2018 at 10:22 PM.
post #44 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Hi again, thx for the feedback but are you basing the fact that ballasts rarely fail on a general principle for all projectors? Or are you talking specifically for my model and the more recent ballast that was introduced? Because the previous gen JVC sure seemed to have quite a few of ballast failures so generalising that ballasts don't usually fail would not have applied to the previous gen and as a consequence that statement may or may not hold true for mine.

The manual on my JVC states that in the case of a 2x amber light blink there is 'abnormal circuit operation' (see attached pic). So this could be pretty much anything but actually seems to rather move away from the assumption that it would be lamp related.
From all the symptoms that I have found pertaining to some of the previous gen with ballast failure, mine is seemingly exhibiting very similar behavior which has led me to believe that this is more likely to be the ballast.
But of course this is still very much a guess so I'd be very happy to hear how I would be able to determine where the fault sits without incurring crazy authorised service center investigation costs.

I could have gone out and bought a new lamp but didn't want to get stuck with a $500 AUD spare lamp that I was not planning on using (since I want to upgrade to one of the new models that will get released towards the end of the year) but of course there is even less point in having a spare ballast at $300...

I don't really trust repair centers either as they can claim anything in terms of what is wrong with the projector and for example, if it were confirmed that it is effectively a ballast issue, they may still claim to have swapped out the lamp as well and charge you $800 excl workmanship costs for a projector that is probably only worth $1500 AUD anymore...
The problematic ballasts were and remain in the X3 -90 series and, naturally, also in the reference ones. Since X35 ballasts are already good, do not break.
The lamp does not necessarily have to buy expensive, you can take for example such- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ushio-Origi...86581834?hash= item1a547c4c4a: g: EFYAAOSw0URbV8sb
At least to verify it will do.
post #45 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
The problematic ballasts were and remain in the X3 -90 series and, naturally, also in the reference ones. Since X35 ballasts are already good, do not break.
The lamp does not necessarily have to buy expensive, you can take for example such- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ushio-Origi...86581834?hash= item1a547c4c4a: g: EFYAAOSw0URbV8sb

Ok great, I'll try that first then!
When I was researching lamps before jumping onto the ballast thing however, it was mentioned that these OEM lamps do not hold their brightness as well as the JVC ones. Is there any truth to that? That's one of the reasons I originally didn't consider to go down that path.

But you're right in that it is probably the least expensive way to determine where the issue sits and if it's not the lamp at least I have something extra even if it's not the same quality of the JVC one.

Thx a lot for the ebay link and the assist! I'll report back once I get it in.
Just a shame that I've opened up the PJ for nothing now
Could've spared myself a lot of grief
But at least now I know how to do it in case it does prove to be something other than the lamp
post #46 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Actually, this is one I came across in my initial search that is closer to home (and so will arrive a lot more quickly too!) and also works out to be more cheap after delivery.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Projecto...from=R40&rt=nc

As said, did have my concerns about them, but if you're saying the Ushio ones are just as good, I'll bite the bullet right now!

Last edited by Tukkae; 07-26-2018 at 11:18 PM.
post #47 of 103 Old 07-26-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Actually, this is one I came across in my initial search that is closer to home (and so will arrive a lot more quickly too!) and also works out to be more cheap after delivery.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Projecto...from=R40&rt=nc

As said, did have my concerns about them, but if you're saying the Ushio ones are just as good, I'll bite the bullet right now!
Take that lamp that is closer to you is located, which is cheaper going out. For the experiment is absolutely accurate.
Ushio is a very good lamp, if not fake.
P.S. It's very hard to communicate with the auto-translator, it does not translate correctly, so I do not quite understand what I'm talking about sometimes.
post #48 of 103 Old 07-27-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Take that lamp that is closer to you is located, which is cheaper going out. For the experiment is absolutely accurate.
Ushio is a very good lamp, if not fake.
P.S. It's very hard to communicate with the auto-translator, it does not translate correctly, so I do not quite understand what I'm talking about sometimes.
I had a quick look at their feedback as I thought I could get a spare for my X900.

Most of their stuff ships from Hong Kong.
post #49 of 103 Old 07-28-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
I had a quick look at their feedback as I thought I could get a spare for my X900.

Most of their stuff ships from Hong Kong.
Yeah I noticed that as well, which is why I sent a message straight away whether this item was located in Oz or overseas...
Hasn't come back to me yet which is not inspiring me with confidence.

The positivie reviews all mention fast shipping though so he must have stock in Oz somewhere. However if you've got my kind of luck the lamp will be the one thing he doesn't stock here...
post #50 of 103 Old 07-29-2018, 10:32 PM

Just an update: put everything back together again (without actually screwing up on reconnecting on any of the wires apparently ) and it gave me the same result. This time it fired up without a hitch whatsoever but the joy was short-lived as I realised that it was still set to high lamp mode. After about 10mins the flicker started and when I then switched back to low lamp the lights went off shortly thereafter followed by the PJ shutting down and giving the 2 amber blink again.

My symptoms are actually very much like this one where it turned out to be a ballast issue:
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...ight-flashing/

Anyway, I've gone a slightly different route now to securing a new lamp in hopes that mine turns out to be different and is effectively a lamp issue.
If I order through myprojectorlamps.com.au, while obviously more expensive at $338, I only have a $25 restocking fee in case it turns out it is not the lamp. I called them up and asked if they are ok for me to try out the lamp.
If it turns out it is and the lamp itself is as claimed (i.e. original bulb in a generic housing), then I will probably just keep it as they're the ones helping me out (which is probably also what their business model is about anyway but hey, if it works for them).
If not though, I'm not down by $150 and I can try to get my hands on a new ballast in hopes that that cures it.
In that case it's back to the old screwdriver though, but I'm now well positioned to open her up, fix the innards and close her up in record time

Thx to all that have chimed in to assist!! Much appreciated. Will let you know how it all turns out
post #51 of 103 Old 08-05-2018, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reviving this thread as I seem to be suffering the same problem
However, I've just removed the ballast board and checked the resistor that seems to be a common issue in the several threads and sites I've been reading, but it looks to be fine...

I have a more detailed thread at the AVForums: https://www.avforums.com/threads/jvc...-help.2181307/

I've not checked the optocouplers (Fixya) or the IC1 that was mentioned in another thread on AVforums though.
Since the resistor is fine, I'm wondering if it really is the ballast board that's the problem... any ways to figure this out? Another lamp didn't make a difference.

My exact symptoms:
When powering up, lens cover opens, status LED goes green. Nothing more happens though, and after ~30s the status LED goes red, the lamp LED blinks orange and the warning LED goes red.
I can at that point do nothing other than unplug the pj. It then does nothing, until I manually close the lens cover and try firing up the PJ again - it repeats the same behaviour.
I've tried with another lamp, but that's giving the exact same result.
Ideas?
dfhawk likes this.
post #52 of 103 Old 08-06-2018, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Has anyone used rs232 to diagnose a bad ballast - I have successfully used it to diagnose an Epson, namely for a bad cinema filter, but not a JVC?

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/supp....jsp?pageID=11

Also, thank you for the above thread - very useful and I had not come across it in my earlier research.
descalabro likes this.
post #53 of 103 Old 08-06-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorisS View Post
Reviving this thread as I seem to be suffering the same problem
However, I've just removed the ballast board and checked the resistor that seems to be a common issue in the several threads and sites I've been reading, but it looks to be fine...

I have a more detailed thread at the AVForums: https://www.avforums.com/threads/jvc...-help.2181307/

I've not checked the optocouplers (Fixya) or the IC1 that was mentioned in another thread on AVforums though.
Since the resistor is fine, I'm wondering if it really is the ballast board that's the problem... any ways to figure this out? Another lamp didn't make a difference.

My exact symptoms:
When powering up, lens cover opens, status LED goes green. Nothing more happens though, and after ~30s the status LED goes red, the lamp LED blinks orange and the warning LED goes red.
I can at that point do nothing other than unplug the pj. It then does nothing, until I manually close the lens cover and try firing up the PJ again - it repeats the same behaviour.
I've tried with another lamp, but that's giving the exact same result.
Ideas?
Yes, your case suits the problem with ballast. You will have to buy a new ballast board and install. The problem should disappear, the projector will again work, until a certain point.
In these ballasts, there is an initial error, so they are out of order.
If you want a "modified", corrected ballast, you can contact me. But, I'm in Russia.
post #54 of 103 Old 08-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, your case suits the problem with ballast. You will have to buy a new ballast board and install. The problem should disappear, the projector will again work, until a certain point.
In these ballasts, there is an initial error, so they are out of order.
If you want a "modified", corrected ballast, you can contact me. But, I'm in Russia.
I noticed someone from Shenzen is selling X550 ballasts on the bay now. I wonder if they would work in a 500?

It looks different.
post #55 of 103 Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I noticed someone from Shenzen is selling X550 ballasts on the bay now. I wonder if they would work in a 500?

It looks different.
No. It will not work, because the lamps are different. For X500 a lamp of 1300 lumens is used, and for X550 (RS 400) in 1700, respectively, the power supply unit is different, and ballast.
post #56 of 103 Old 08-10-2018, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anybody tried this one?

https://www.rushsupply.top/compatibl...ga-p-5141.html

It showed up searching for RPB-0526GA, the model of the original ballast. It's listed for X70, X9 and X90 though. Do these have the same ballast board?
post #57 of 103 Old 08-10-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorisS View Post
Has anybody tried this one?

https://www.rushsupply.top/compatibl...ga-p-5141.html

It showed up searching for RPB-0526GA, the model of the original ballast. It's listed for X70, X9 and X90 though. Do these have the same ballast board?
This is a bad fake. Will it work or not? Most likely it will be, but what will happen with the lamp, power supply, processor board and other components is a big question.
Look carefully at the original ballast and this one The questions will disappear, I think.
http://store.jvc.com/catalog.php?id=3808

Also, the wires with the lamp connector seem too short. Soldered, that is bad. There may be problems installing this ballast into your projector.

Last edited by Slonopot; 08-10-2018 at 09:44 AM.
post #58 of 103 Old 08-19-2018, 04:59 AM

So another update since I just got my new lamp in... same prob so probably the ballast after all. I hate when I'm right about these things 😞
Put the PJ back together for nothing. Will now need to try and source the ballast and hope it doesn't take a year to arrive...
post #59 of 103 Old 09-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Well maybe you can pull the big metal bracket off without removing the main board. Can you see if there are any other screws under the board?
Hi Luc
Based on your experience with ballast problem can please suggest me some tips ….is this issues I have points
a defective BALLAST!

DLA-X3:

Indicator lights were both on red and lamp light flashing orange.
Replaced the lamp and it did not change the status, did cleaning filter bit , did lamp reset from the remote ,
did reboot and plugged it at a different ac outlet all that did not work .
The lens cover is stuck at opened and the only thing you get when plugged in is the red light on and after 30 seconds the lamp light comes on orange .
No fan came on no moving lens cover only flashing orange light.
post #60 of 103 Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGSCMC View Post
Hi Luc
Based on your experience with ballast problem can please suggest me some tips ….is this issues I have points
a defective BALLAST!

DLA-X3:

Indicator lights were both on red and lamp light flashing orange.
Replaced the lamp and it did not change the status, did cleaning filter bit , did lamp reset from the remote ,
did reboot and plugged it at a different ac outlet all that did not work .
The lens cover is stuck at opened and the only thing you get when plugged in is the red light on and after 30 seconds the lamp light comes on orange .
No fan came on no moving lens cover only flashing orange light.
Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page