Projector selection. - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 10-01-2015, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
What is your screen? Trying to determine the actual gain. Also I assume you are talking about 125" diagonal 16:9 screen?
Yes, 125" diag, 16:9

Can't recall the gain. This was a DIY I built back in 2008 using 1" x 3" poplar frame and black velvet covering the frame.

Our next screen will be a ceiling mount, recessed, tab tension, probably in the same size range.

Jerry

ÂExperience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-01-2015, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12500 Post(s)
Liked: 10121
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbichsel View Post
Yes, 125" diag, 16:9

Can't recall the gain. This was a DIY I built back in 2008 using 1" x 3" poplar frame and black velvet covering the frame.

Our next screen will be a ceiling mount, recessed, tab tension, probably in the same size range.
Sounds like it may be blackout cloth or something similar. Gain is most likely between 0.9 and 1.0. What sports do you watch?
post #33 of 35 Old 10-01-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Sounds like it may be blackout cloth or something similar. Gain is most likely between 0.9 and 1.0. What sports do you watch?
NFL mostly. NHL on occasion.

Movies, TV, Xbox 360, PS3 mostly.

Will be getting Xbox One with Halo 5 soon, but will be out of this house and into the next beginning of November. Have to decide on projector soon.

Jerry

ÂExperience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 10-01-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12500 Post(s)
Liked: 10121
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbichsel View Post
NFL mostly. NHL on occasion.

Movies, TV, Xbox 360, PS3 mostly.

Will be getting Xbox One with Halo 5 soon, but will be out of this house and into the next beginning of November. Have to decide on projector soon.
Since we rep several brands of projectors, manufacturers don't like it when we recommend one manufacturer over another in an open forum. Shoot me a PM or email and then I can talk freely. Your sports, hockey and gaming narrow down the list of projectors that I would consider.
post #35 of 35 Old 10-01-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Since we rep several brands of projectors, manufacturers don't like it when we recommend one manufacturer over another in an open forum. Shoot me a PM or email and then I can talk freely. Your sports, hockey and gaming narrow down the list of projectors that I would consider.
PM sent

Jerry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page