Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-29-2015, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
X500R feature's greyed out

Hi

I just purchased a brand new JVCX500R , but I am unable to select a number of controls from the menu's.

Example, both the Keystone and the Pin cusion are greyed out (I know they are mutually exclusive) , The Env.setting button does not bring up the Environment setting menu etc.

JVC UK have told me to try a factory reset (Not tried that yet as I,m still at work) but its out of the box , 10 minutes old!

They also said to try a standard 1080i signal.. Cant I set the unit up without any input? Just using the test facilities.

Has anyone else had similar issues or know what may be causing this.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-29-2015, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2593
What type of input signal are you feeding the projector? 720p? 1080p? 4K? UHD? What's the refresh rate of the signal? 24p? 25? 30p? 50/60p?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11817 Post(s)
Liked: 9352
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGats View Post
Hi

I just purchased a brand new JVCX500R , but I am unable to select a number of controls from the menu's.

Example, both the Keystone and the Pin cusion are greyed out (I know they are mutually exclusive) , The Env.setting button does not bring up the Environment setting menu etc.

JVC UK have told me to try a factory reset (Not tried that yet as I,m still at work) but its out of the box , 10 minutes old!

They also said to try a standard 1080i signal.. Cant I set the unit up without any input? Just using the test facilities.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Mark.
The problem is, no input being feed to the projector. Feed an input to the projector and then you should be able to select those controls. Nothing wrong with the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-29-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGats View Post
Hi

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Mark.
For great information on your projector we have the owner's thread for your model. It's a terrific resource

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rs-thread.html
post #5 of 5 Old 09-30-2015, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All

Thanks for your replies.. I tried without any input and the env.settings produced the menu as expected, So as you have pointed out to me, It does depends on the signal source as to what menus are available. Thanks
I also listened to the other threads that say its a no no to even consider Keystone correction. So I reset the projector to dead flat and used the lens shift function.. Perfect !

So I now have an amazing picture in the correct position on the screen, I even managed to get the 3D working ok.

So thanks again for all your help.. I take note and will join the dedicated forum for this projector

Regards

Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page