Panasonic PT-D5600u password reset? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-18-2015, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic PT-D5600u password reset?

Hello everyone! Long time lurker and first time posting- happy to be here.

I recently "inherited" 4 Panasonic PT-D5600u projectors and I am attempting to gain network control of them but the previous owners put a custom username/password on each unit. I am attempting to control the projectors using a tool called "Projector MIDI Remote". To gain control with this software I just need the password for each projector. I have no record of what these usernames or passwords are or any way to contact the previous owner. Does anyone here know of a method to reset the projector passwords? I spoke to Panasonic customer service and their response was the only way to fix it is to send each unit in for service to the tune of $400 per unit- not going to happen unfortunately. I also see an entry on the projector FAQ on panasonics website that indicates a method to reset web passwords on this model series by selecting Menu->Network->Store and then hold the "Default" key- but there is no default key that I'm aware of.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated- thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2015, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems I was mistaken about the web password reset method in the FAQ...not possible with this model.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2015, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've got a similar problem with a pt-fw100nt. Can't find a way to reset it anywhere nor can I find a service manual from any reputable site. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic , password , projector , pt-d5600u , reset

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page