Owners of Sony VPL-VW665 - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 656Likes

post #1861 of 3304 Old 08-18-2016, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1423
Also I wonder why one would use 2020 on a video that was recorded in 709? It just looks wrong.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 12:44 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
My Panny automatically selects the picture preset if UHD HDR is detected and goes back to normal mode if other content is played no need to switch anything except the picture mode on the projector itself. I wonder why yours does not??
WHAT! I know it autoswitch with other media, but not UHD blu-ray to blu-ray, I have to check again. Thanks for info.
post #1863 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 02:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Also I wonder why one would use 2020 on a video that was recorded in 709? It just looks wrong.
Actually, it doesn't look "wrong" It depends on the camera but you can adjust the dynamic range of the color gamut with post conversion. How the camera records the image is no longer limited and hasn't been since the analog days. You can use all sorts of color grading, bit rate changes, and resolution changes. It helps to have settings that are not color adjusted in the camera but you can also set up some of these in the output and then just pass through the camera settings to your distribution.

My 3D and 360VR videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1; JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, TIVO Edge OTA; Apple TV 4K. Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1864 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 03:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well you got me doubt myself now but I am sure when I watch Netflix 4K it does switch. I'll check normal bluray shortly too.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #1865 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

You are correct indeed! It only auto switches between sources but not when changing disc types. Well I guess I am not watching enough normal bluray anymore Just watched Flight of the Butterflies UHD it was a colour fiesta, looked stunning, then watched it in 3D right after as the 3D is fantastic as well

post #1866 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 AM
WLC

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Auto calibration

I try again....
Is there anyone who has tried to use the "Auto Calibration" feature.
I've tried and I don't think it works.
When I do a "PreCheck" or "Adjust" the image just get black and nothing happens. I've tried to wait for several minutes, but the image remains black.
I can stop the function, press any button on the remote control, and there is picture again.
I would be glad if someone will try to check.[/quote]

I have run Auto Calibration twice, first at about 500 hours and the second at about 800. Although there was no change in settings, the feature seemed to work perfectly taking a total under 10 minutes. It automatically runs through the separate colors before giving the final report. I assume that the reason there was no change in settings is that there were not enough hours on the lamp to degrade. Always running at High Lamp, we have not yet seen any degradation in brightness. This is a welcome change from our beloved VW100. In the future, I plan on running this every 500 hours. [quote=mirodk;46081209]
post #1867 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 PM

I have run Auto Calibration twice, first at about 500 hours and the second at about 800. Although there was no change in settings, the feature seemed to work perfectly taking a total under 10 minutes. It automatically runs through the separate colors before giving the final report. I assume that the reason there was no change in settings is that there were not enough hours on the lamp to degrade. Always running at High Lamp, we have not yet seen any degradation in brightness. This is a welcome change from our beloved VW100. In the future, I plan on running this every 500 hours.

Hi WLC
Have you tread the auto calibration with the latest firmware 2.203, when I try I get only black screen, no test colors, and the process runs forever...
I have 300 hours on the lamp.
Don have observed the same on his machine, and he has 1200 hours on his.
post #1868 of 3304 Old 08-19-2016, 09:21 PM
WLC

Hi WLC
Have you tread the auto calibration with the latest firmware 2.203, when I try I get only black screen, no test colors, and the process runs forever...
I have 300 hours on the lamp.
Don have observed the same on his machine, and he has 1200 hours on his.[/QUOTE]

Both of my calibrations were run with the 2.203 firmware.
post #1869 of 3304 Old 08-20-2016, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

WLC- How long does yours run with black screen before you see some colors on the screen? I stayed with the Precheck mode for about 5 minutes and it remained black with a tiny light seen through the lens. Came back in 45 minutes and nothing changed, still black screen. No report. When I pushed enter I got the message Do you wish to abort precheck?

Also, what state did you have the projector in when you did the test, Did you have a video playing signal input or no input signal?

Since we have the same projector the 665ES and the same firmware 2.203, I'm trying to find out why yours worked and ours doesn't. What did you do differently? Did the report popup automatically?

Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1; JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, TIVO Edge OTA; Apple TV 4K. Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #1870 of 3304 Old 08-20-2016, 09:49 AM
WLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
WLC- How long does yours run with black screen before you see some colors on the screen? I stayed with the Precheck mode for about 5 minutes and it remained black with a tiny light seen through the lens. Came back in 45 minutes and nothing changed, still black screen. No report. When I pushed enter I got the message Do you wish to abort precheck?

Also, what state did you have the projector in when you did the test, Did you have a video playing signal input or no input signal?

Since we have the same projector the 665ES and the same firmware 2.203, I'm trying to find out why yours worked and ours doesn't. What did you do differently? Did the report popup automatically?
I didn't time anything. But it couldn't have been very long because I enjoyed just watching it and I'm not that patient. Precheck was certainly not more than 5 minutes and I doubt it was that long. Tivo was showing Time Warner at the time. I also used the faster HDMI connection. I doubt these answers are helpful but if you can think of any other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.
post #1871 of 3304 Old 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabz View Post

Panasonic DMP-UB900
Video Format = Auto
4K(50p/60p) Output = Off
24p Output = Auto
HDMI Video Output Mode = Auto
HDMI Audio Output Mode = Auto
Silly question, but why do you set 4K (50/60p) Output to OFF? Is that the default option?

You only play 24p movies? Did I read somewhere that Netflix and Amazon apps on the Panny are (erroneously) streaming at 60p rather than 24p, which has historically been what the majority of their UHD output has been at, and just wondered if this setting would affect this.

Thx
post #1872 of 3304 Old 08-21-2016, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by klnc View Post
Silly question, but why do you set 4K (50/60p) Output to OFF? Is that the default option?

You only play 24p movies? Did I read somewhere that Netflix and Amazon apps on the Panny are (erroneously) streaming at 60p rather than 24p, which has historically been what the majority of their UHD output has been at, and just wondered if this setting would affect this.

Thx

Yea was for me, and I don't stream 4K UHD because my internet connection can't handle it.
post #1873 of 3304 Old 08-21-2016, 01:30 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I recall there were a couple of documentaries that the 665ES detected as 60p inbound, from Amazon Prime UHD. It looked best as BT709 setting, not BT2020. I don't remember which they were.

post #1874 of 3304 Old 08-21-2016, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
For anyone considering an Acoustically Transparent screen with the 665ES...

Definitely try samples first. I got samples from Severtson on their newest SAT-4K woven scren, old-school microperf 1.3 gain standard white vinyl screen, and older BWAT weave and put them up against my current 1.1 gain Elite non-AT screen that I'm going to replace. On 1080P material all 3 looked decent, and it was mainly just deciding on what gain was right. But on 4K HDR material- whoa. I used The Revenant and Angry Birds UHD discs to see their effects on natural lighting and artificial colors and details. Both of the woven materials massively softened the picture- much worse than setting the sharpness control to zero. The old-school microperf material was the only one that didn't destroy the 4K sharpness. The older coarser weave BWAT material held the details better than the newer, much tighter weave of the SAT-4K. You'd think it would be the opposite, but my guess is the finer the weave, the more chance a tiny 4K pixel will cross several strands of it and distort the square of the pixel, blurring them together.

I had decided to try the SAT-4K material after another thread said it was the brightest and sharpest in their woven materials testing. Honestly after seeing how badly 4K material gets softened by both of these woven materials, and the other drawbacks of the high-gain miroperf (shimmering on the slightest wrinkle, duller whites), I've never loved my old 1.1 gain Elite so much. I think I'm going to give up on speakers behind the screen due to this test. I knew AT screens were a bit of a compromise, but putting all this money into 4K resolution just to lose it in the fabric of a woven screen isn't worth it. I'd rather compromise on the audio placement a bit.

For anyone considering an AT with 4K, I'd highly recommend getting a sample of standard 1.0 normal screen to put your AT samples up against.

Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K HDR Projector | Denon AVR-X7200WA Reciever | Philips BDP7501 4K Blu-Ray Player | GoldenEar Triton One, 2+, Aeon 3, HTR-7000 ATMOS speakers
post #1875 of 3304 Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediStitch View Post
Definitely try samples first. I got samples from Severtson on their newest SAT-4K woven scren, old-school microperf 1.3 gain standard white vinyl screen, and older BWAT weave and put them up against my current 1.1 gain Elite non-AT screen that I'm going to replace. On 1080P material all 3 looked decent, and it was mainly just deciding on what gain was right. But on 4K HDR material- whoa. I used The Revenant and Angry Birds UHD discs to see their effects on natural lighting and artificial colors and details. Both of the woven materials massively softened the picture- much worse than setting the sharpness control to zero. The old-school microperf material was the only one that didn't destroy the 4K sharpness. The older coarser weave BWAT material held the details better than the newer, much tighter weave of the SAT-4K. You'd think it would be the opposite, but my guess is the finer the weave, the more chance a tiny 4K pixel will cross several strands of it and distort the square of the pixel, blurring them together.

I had decided to try the SAT-4K material after another thread said it was the brightest and sharpest in their woven materials testing. Honestly after seeing how badly 4K material gets softened by both of these woven materials, and the other drawbacks of the high-gain miroperf (shimmering on the slightest wrinkle, duller whites), I've never loved my old 1.1 gain Elite so much. I think I'm going to give up on speakers behind the screen due to this test. I knew AT screens were a bit of a compromise, but putting all this money into 4K resolution just to lose it in the fabric of a woven screen isn't worth it. I'd rather compromise on the audio placement a bit.

For anyone considering an AT with 4K, I'd highly recommend getting a sample of standard 1.0 normal screen to put your AT samples up against.
Always seems to be some compromise...

SeymourAV UF AT screen (sort of like a high tech tee shirt material) performs very well...

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 32/24 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #1876 of 3304 Old 08-21-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2832 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.I've always wanted speakers hidden but was suspicious of the fabrics ability to display a comparable picture. I figured there was a compromise , that one now off the to do list. I covered my speakers with protostar black velvet, they pretty much disappear anyway.

I have the Draper Techvision X1800 on a curved frame 136" diagonal 2.35:1. My only complaint is the little sheen I can get on a super bright white picture but those are not the norm. I tried about twenty or more fabrics and this one was by far the best for not hotspot ting and keeping the colours uniform across the entire width. Only thing I will switch to is a reference screen maybe the Stewart 1.3, the perf screens definitely off the list now. Thanks again.
JediStitch likes this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .

Last edited by roxiedog13; 08-21-2016 at 03:34 PM.
post #1877 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball0618 View Post
Just struck a great deal with my A/V co. to install a Kscape Strato into my system. Super excited to get this hooked up to my 665ES and once the firmware is released that will enable HDR see how they work together. I have heard very good things so far form others on this forum that have the two and I am going to demo the unit at my dealers shop w/ a 665 on Friday as well.
Wow! Luckily for me my order wasn't processed yet! I demo'd the Strato w/ a 665 @ my dealers store on Friday and was floored w/ the quality. Especially the dealer demo of Spiderman 2 which had HDR. It looked really wonderful and the dealer didn't even get to calibrate. Used the stock preset for HDR on the 665. I placed my order on the spot then Saturday I was browsing through AVS and saw the news that Kscape was closing it's doors! Feel horrible for everyone that spend thousands on their products recently. Hopefully someone can swoop in and save the technology b/c it's truly is wonderful. Seems as though the long legal battle from their old DVD copying machines that they fought Hollywood on for nearly 10 years took a toll on it's books and they ran out of money basically.
post #1878 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
My only advice with the Kscape system is you need to be aware of the operating costs. It does not allow ripping your own content, you'll have to buy the movie you may own already again or pay a fee for a version you download from them. As long as you know that, and accept that you'll enjoy the system. The second thing to consider is how reliable the company is for long term access. How solid is their license and business model for the future? Will they sell enough to stay profitable? That would scare me because I have been burned a number of times with these companies and got stuck with formats and hardware that was rendered useless because of bankruptcy, change in plans, and license issues. Just beware of what you are getting into and accept that you will be stuck with this small company to perform.

Keep us informed how the experience goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball0618 View Post
Wow! Luckily for me my order wasn't processed yet! I demo'd the Strato w/ a 665 @ my dealers store on Friday and was floored w/ the quality. Especially the dealer demo of Spiderman 2 which had HDR. It looked really wonderful and the dealer didn't even get to calibrate. Used the stock preset for HDR on the 665. I placed my order on the spot then Saturday I was browsing through AVS and saw the news that Kscape was closing it's doors! Feel horrible for everyone that spend thousands on their products recently. Hopefully someone can swoop in and save the technology b/c it's truly is wonderful. Seems as though the long legal battle from their old DVD copying machines that they fought Hollywood on for nearly 10 years took a toll on it's books and they ran out of money basically.
Sorry to hear they will be going out of business. Glad you cancelled just in time. I guess you didn't research the business side of this company before ordering as I suggested. Easy enough to do for a public company but not for a private company unless you do a credit report on them.
Too bad since you seemed happy with the quality.

post #1879 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Sorry to hear they will be going out of business. Glad you cancelled just in time. I guess you didn't research the business side of this company before ordering as I suggested. Easy enough to do for a public company but not for a private company unless you do a credit report on them.
Too bad since you seemed happy with the quality.
It looked great and the GUI was super impressive. Oh well I will wait for the Oppo still for UHD.
post #1880 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I think that is smart. I met the CEO of OPPO and had a great conversation with him. The company is #1 in my book. I still use my 93 with the built in iso server. It was only available for 3 months before they were forced to pull it off customer's machine with a forced update over the internet. Those who disconnected the player were saved. Tell you how good they are- I gave my 83 to my daughter and one grandson broke the tray. I called them and since they knew me, sent me a replacement drive free and it was a year out of warranty. It's still in use.

I'll wait for the OPPO UHD too but the way things are going, I'm through with HT upgrades for about a year. Money needs to go to a faster video edit computer first.

post #1881 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Always seems to be some compromise...

SeymourAV UF AT screen (sort of like a high tech tee shirt material) performs very well...
The Severtson SAT-4K is also like a high-tech T-shirt, and it was the blurriest. I think with 4K the finer the weave, the more likely the tiny pixels won't have a flat surface to reflect back to you. That's why the older, much coarser weave and micro-perf showed much more detail.

Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K HDR Projector | Denon AVR-X7200WA Reciever | Philips BDP7501 4K Blu-Ray Player | GoldenEar Triton One, 2+, Aeon 3, HTR-7000 ATMOS speakers
post #1882 of 3304 Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 13038 Post(s)
Liked: 10676
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
The Severtson SAT-4K is also like a high-tech T-shirt, and it was the blurriest. I think with 4K the finer the weave, the more likely the tiny pixels won't have a flat surface to reflect back to you. That's why the older, much coarser weave and micro-perf showed much more detail.
I have viewed 4K source with VW600 on several large screen samples. Of the ones I looked at, our V5, V6 and EN4K looked very good. All of them provided a better image than XD, which is a coarser weave. I currently own EN4K. Other than a little sheen when viewing close, bright white scenes, the image is very sharp. My 9.5' viewing distance is too close for microperf.
post #1883 of 3304 Old 08-23-2016, 01:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am going to spend a few hours with the 5000ES this Friday and the screen is an AT screen I hope it won't affect the detail much.

post #1884 of 3304 Old 08-24-2016, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirodk View Post
Hello everyone
I think I found the best all-round settings for HDR, for a Panasonic UB900

Cinema film 2:
Contrast Max
Brightness 50
Color 50
Hue 50
Color Temp. Custom 5 (This is the magic bullet)
Custom 5:
Gain
R: 30
G: 21
B: 18
Color Correction Off
Clear White Off
HDR Auto
Color Space BT.2020
Advanced Iris:
Limited
Brigtness Max
Lamp Low or High (After screen size)
HDMI Dynamic Range Auto

Panasonic UB900
All presets in default

Now you only have to switch between Cinema film 2 for UltraHD and your preferred preset for Blu-Ray and other stuf.
How did you come to choose these parameters?

Do you have knowledge calibration projectors or any degree, or has simply chosen these parameters because you do look good?
post #1885 of 3304 Old 08-24-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdig View Post
How did you come to choose these parameters?

Do you have knowledge calibration projectors or any degree, or has simply chosen these parameters because you do look good?

The gain values, are for maximize the light output, I chose 30 for Red (Max), and slightly lower values for Green and Blue, to mimic D65, it's probably closer to D75. I have not checked with color measurement yet, but I thought it look good.
If you enter my values, it will be close to the same as cine4home are doing in the service menu. I have compared.
With my values I cut about 1,000 nits, and this is without doing anything on the Panasonic.
But it is important to use Custom 5 because it's maximized for max light output.

This is working on firmware 2.203.

The new firmware, 2.205 which is out in Japan, you only have to chose D65 and the other default settings in Cinema 2 and you clip about 1000nits.
post #1886 of 3304 Old 08-25-2016, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
The gain values, are for maximize the light output, I chose 30 for Red (Max), and slightly lower values for Green and Blue, to mimic D65, it's probably closer to D75. I have not checked with color measurement yet, but I thought it look good.
If you enter my values, it will be close to the same as cine4home are doing in the service menu. I have compared.
With my values I cut about 1,000 nits, and this is without doing anything on the Panasonic.
But it is important to use Custom 5 because it's maximized for max light output.

This is working on firmware 2.203.

The new firmware, 2.205 which is out in Japan, you only have to chose D65 and the other default settings in Cinema 2 and you clip about 1000nits.
I will test your settings to see how it goes.
Greetings.
post #1887 of 3304 Old 08-25-2016, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

mirodk- Do you have any sources from users of the 2.205 that can describe what it brings to the improvement of the 665ES?

post #1888 of 3304 Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
mirodk- Do you have any sources from users of the 2.205 that can describe what it brings to the improvement of the 665ES?

I've read about it in a German forum. They have successfully upgraded their VW520, the Japanese version is called VW515, with the latest firmware 2.205.
I took the chance and did it myself on mine, also a VW520, with success.
Now in default setting Cinema film 2, remember to reset Cinema film 2, HDR with the Panasonic UB900 looks fantastic.
It is not necessary to make any adjustments on the player.
I updated 2 days ago, has now looked at different HDR Blu-Rays, and think it's the best our Sony has shown them yet.

Whether there are improvements with the Samsung K8500 I don't know.

Regards
post #1889 of 3304 Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
I've read about it in a German forum. They have successfully upgraded their VW520, the Japanese version is called VW515, with the latest firmware 2.205.
I took the chance and did it myself on mine, also a VW520, with success.
Now in default setting Cinema film 2, remember to reset Cinema film 2, HDR with the Panasonic UB900 looks fantastic.
It is not necessary to make any adjustments on the player.
I updated 2 days ago, has now looked at different HDR Blu-Rays, and think it's the best our Sony has shown them yet.

Whether there are improvements with the Samsung K8500 I don't know.

Regards
Hi,

Do you have the link to the firmware?
post #1890 of 3304 Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post
Hi,