I picked up a Roku Ultra 4K (2019) from Black Friday sale. I cannot get Roku Ultra (2019) to work with the RS500. Specifically, on boot up I can see the Roku splash screen but soon after the screen goes black such that it doesn't even make it to the Display type set up screen to Auto detect or manually select resolution.
My chain : Panasonic UB900 --> Monoprice High Speed HDMI cable #1--
> HD Fury Linker --> Monoprice High Speed HDMI #2
--> Marantz 8802A --> HDMI cable --> JVC RS500.
With this set up, I have been able to play back UHD discs on the UB900 ok (4K HDR 4:2:2 at 24fps) and has been stable for > 1 year.
What I have tried
1) Put Roku in place of UB900
2) Put Roku in other HDMI input of Marantz using same HDMI cable paired with UB900 (no Linker). I confirmed this other HDMI input worked fine with UB900 first.
3) Bypass Marantz 8802A by plugging Roku directly to RS500 using same HDMI cable already connected to RS500 as shown in chain above.
4) Checked CMD was off on RS500.
5) Connect Roku to 1080p Panasonic plasma TV (and it works perfectly with the 1080p TV i.e. can set up ) --> Roku Advanced display settings --> Auto-adjust display refresh rate to "Enabled" and HDR subsampling to 4:2:0
6) Tried another Roku (exact same model , used on different 1080P TV)
7) Roku SW ver 9.2.0, build 4750
Just wondering if anyone has been successful in pairing 2019 Roku Ultra with RS500 and what settings did you use on both the Roku and RS500?
Thanks in advance !