Official JVC RS600 / RS500 (X950R / X750R - X9000 / X7000) Owners Thread - Page 215 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84796Likes

post #6421 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 01:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2316 Post(s)
Liked: 2171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
I think you will be rock solid with that setting.
You might be right. I restarted the Samsung a few times and the menu came up quickly each time. Next will be to switch out to the 25 foot Monoprice Cabernet.

It was your original post where you mentioned the Integral and Radiance that got me thinking about using the Integral. Thanks for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6422 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Question for everyone I have a Cabernet 40 ft hdmi but I may need a right angle hdmi adapter

Will the adapter lose the high speed and 2.2 capability of the cable or is there any specific brand that will work with no issues

The rs600 is in a lift and it's a little snug on the hdmi. A adapter turning down or up will help greatly
Recommendations????

Last edited by Larryfl; 02-13-2016 at 04:05 AM.
post #6423 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Update on ISCO II lens for CIH with X7000

After doing some tests I decided to sell the Isco II lens and will go with the zoom method. The ISCO's benefits of have a bit more of an 'analog' picture do not outweigh in my opinion of a loss of sharpness and influence on picture gemetry. Light output and sharpness (eshift activated when zooming to 21:9) of the unut are so excellent that I prefer the picture w/o the lens!
mbw23air likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6424 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 327 Post(s)
Quoted: 5436 Post(s)
Liked: 5636
By the way, anyone looking for more clarity on HDR, Spectracal have released a good webinar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0JA...ature=youtu.be

Well worth watching to better understand the various issues at play regarding HDR calibration, especially with projectors like the new JVCs and especially regarding HDR10.
joaquin, krichter1 and rak306 like this.
post #6425 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
Roku 4 outputs 4K/60 at 4:2:0 - 8 bit. That is the difference. It looks like the Samsung is sending out 4K/60 at 4:4:4 - 10bit, which requires much more bandwidth.

I have a variety of cables and a variety of lengths. The monoprice Cabernet worked fine for 4K/60 - 4:2:0 8bit.

When I use the Keydigial HD-FIX22, it limits the EDID info the Samsung receives at 4K/60 4:2:0 8 bit. Then the Cabernet 50' cable passes that just fine, but it won't work at 4K/60 4:4:4 10 bit which the JVC allows.

Same thing happens with the Radiance Pro. It only allows 4K/60 at 4:2:0 8 bit. So if it's in the chain, the JVC will sync no problem, but at a lower bit rate and colorspace.
I believe Samsung made a major mistake in not supporting an HDMI output in the disc's native 10-bit, 4:2:0 format (at both 24Hz or 60Hz). There is no need for the player to be forced to convert 4:2:0 to 4:4:4 as that conversion can be done within the UHD display device and it just places additional bandwidth requirements across the HDMI interface. It still appears to me that the K8500 may be providing borderline power levels (perhaps less then than the spec'ed 5 volts) on the HDMI output and that's what powers the amp/equalizer in active HDMI cables..

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #6426 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Official JVC RS600 / RS500 (X950R / X750R - X9000 / X7000) Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
As far as the JVC and Samsung playing nice together, JVC did not get access to the Samsung unit, but they do have a couple of them now and are looking into these issues.
Thanks for the info Mike.
Looking like Monster Cable may not be the fix we had hoped as zombie has reported better but still buggy.
Others that got this fix had gone through avr when somehow jump starts the HDMI on the jvc. My projector is over my head and anytime I go to 4K/60 I can hear the projector trying to lock into the signal.
For the time being this is my fix. I'm wired to the player btw.
Before turning player on I'll go to hdmi 2 with blue screen. Then I'll change EDID to B since the startup screen is 4/60 and won't lock in with A. With B the startup screen goes to 1080p/60. I then start Blu ray and switch back to A. Jvc switches to 4K/24 and from there I can do anything outside playing a YouTube 4/60 video. Everything stays 8 bit. If I try to change deep color setting I'll go to black screen.

I'll do this for another week if no fix is available I'll send my player back.
Does this change my thoughts of the JVC?
Oh hell no Projector still rocks!
krichter1 likes this.

Last edited by tigerfan33; 02-13-2016 at 06:37 AM.
post #6427 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
Looking like Monster Cable may not be the fix we had hoped as zombie has reported better but still buggy.
Others that got this fix had gone through avr when somehow jump starts the HDMI on the jvc. My projector is over my head and anytime I go to 4K/60 I can hear the projector trying to lock into the signal.
Before turning player on I'll go to hdmi 2 with blue screen. Then I'll change EDID to B since the startup screen is 4/60 and won't lock in with A. With B the startup screen goes to 1080p/60. I then start Blu ray and switch back to A. Jvc switches to 4K/24 and from there I can do anything outside playing a YouTube 4/60 video. Everything stays 8 bit. If I try to change deep color setting I'll go to black screen.

I think you could skip the step of changing EDID to B and back to A but just hitting play on your remote. Yes you'll be doing so blind, but I've found if you have a disc in the machine hitting play will start it up.

I'm having so many sync issues and even getting audio, I'm giving up for now and hoping for some firmware fixes. May just be a pipe dream to ever get this working.
post #6428 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:

If JVC pj owners who are having black screen problems with their Sammy UHD players wrote Samsung Tech Support for help, perhaps that would raise the priority for getting their developers to code a firmware fix. JVC needs to be working this issue too.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact
http://secure.jvc.com/pro/forms/supportrequest.jsp
post #6429 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
Tom - if you buy a couple of these Xpand glasses (which are the same as the OEM's if using a unity gain screen), then pop over to Naperville and I'll give you one of 8 extra RF transmitters I bought as a kit when they were not triple the current price (and as a bonus I'll give you a demo of The Martian or Gravity in 3D… and hopefully Atmos 7.1.4 from my newly purchased Denon 7200WA upgrade (but my GOD… whatta PIA to pull out the brains of your theater!) ).

Kevin, you're the man! Can I pop on over later this afternoon? Looks like almost a 1.5 drive. I would love to check out your system! I can bring over my UHD player but, without movies it might not be that exiciting. Maybe you could hit up a Best Buy and try to pick up a title. I had no luck around here, they don't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Is a flat white wall unity gain?
krichter1 likes this.
post #6430 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:00 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1683 Post(s)
Liked: 6117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I swapped in that cable. UHD 12 bit / HDR playback is more stable than the $5 cable I was using before. still having issues though with functions I know were working on day 1. Post firmware update but pre-power cycle. Example is playing back UHD test patterns from USB stick that were definitely working the first night I tested this. Now just a black screen when trying to play them.

my guess is that something happened to the player after the first firmware update / power cycle.

I can still play all the UHD BD's fine so it stays for now and will wait to see if they update the firmware to fix the other areas.
Greetings,

My "problem solved" posting was a bit premature. Yes, the new cabling helped but there are still problems. I am continuing to test. This morning I was able to playback several 4K/60 videos from YouTube.

More later..

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviewer
My Home Theater
Follow me on Twitter @RalphAVSreviews
post #6431 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2805 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
Did your calibrator not include a BT1886 setting/mode Rich? Mine is being done Monday (107 hours now), and ChadB said he would definitely do this for me.
No he didn't. Can you explain to me what BT1886 is? A custom gamma curve perhaps?
post #6432 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:22 AM

FWIW,

As I'd mentioned earlier, my calibrator tried various 4K/UHD test signals to my RS600. He sent me a compatibility table of what the projector accepted from his AVLabs 4KTPG:

Resolution | Output Color Format | Output Color Depth

2160p60 | YCbCr420 | 8 bit
2160p59 | YCbCr420 | 8 bit

2160p30 | RGB | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p30 | YCbCr444 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p30 | YCbCr422 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit

2160p24 | RGB | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p24 | YCbCr444 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p24 | YCbCr422 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
joaquin, SJHT and henrich3 like this.
post #6433 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question about upscaling

I am upscaling the 1080i signal from Directv to 4K with a Lumagen 2143, which is being "shifted" down by my 600. Would I be better off going straight 1080i to 1080p through the lumagen and skip all this up and down processing?

Any insight by a more knowledgeable perspective would be greatly appreciated!
post #6434 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I started off with Zombie's settings and, of course, no DI. I used 16-235 and didn't worry about WTW or BTB. I then tweaked grayscale gain and offset to get it as close as possible. Be careful not to enter + offsets or you will kill your black level! I don't even know why they offer the + range on the control.

It's interesting that the gamma (2.4), color checker, saturation ramps and lumenance ramps were all under dE 3 before external calibration. So I'm not sure all the fancy Lumagen gamma and color cube stuff is really necessary except to get the BT.1886 curve and play with 0 IRE to alleviate black crush. But I did it anyway.

Next I ran a gamma BT.1886 auto-cal using the Lumagen. After that I did a 5 pt Color Cube auto-cal. I re-measured the gamma after and it stayed good. then I set 0 IRE to .2 or .3 for all 3 colors. The BT.1886 and 0 IRE adjustments do help with black crush but still don't fully resolve the dimmest of details.

EDIT: All errors are dE 1 or less with the Lumagen. But, can you see that? Is it worth it?
Which workflow(s) are you using? With Enthusiast license, I've normally just gone straight to Color Cube (3D LUT) after doing Brightness/Contrast bits. Running AutoCal for 1D Ramp (greyscale) and 3D Color Cube LUT. When you say "tweaking" are you performing a 2 point greyscale and using the JVC's CMS to adjust gains/cuts prior to the autocal runs? That last bit about setting new IRE levels is new to me. What's the reason and what procedure did you use to achieve that?

Parenthetically, just replaced a Radiance XS with the new Pro and that made a surprising difference in performance even before introducing the RS500. Doing a full out 17 point calibration only took about 2 hours. That's a relief (figured it might take days).

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900

post #6435 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I sent the following to Samsung Customer Support regarding the black screen problems with their player & the RS600:
---------------------
Samsung's UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray player needs a firmware update to work with my JVC DLA-RS600 projector. My RS600 displays no video when the UBD-K8500 is powered on until I load a movie. I believe that this is caused by the player's default video mode for its menu: 2160p/60 4:4:4. My JVC projector cannot display 2160p/60 4:4:4. Changing the player's startup menus to either 1080p or 2160p/24 4:2:0 would resolve this "black screen problem".
----------------------
IMDave likes this.
post #6436 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Samsung 4K Player Update
I am finally able to get it working.

Before I tried using HDMI directly and indirect and neither worked. But then I realized that HDMI going from avr to projector is different from the one from player to avr. So I switched the cable going from avr to projector to match with the one that is going from player to avr and Wallaaa. Everything worked. Netflix/Youtube everything. Then I used the HDMI cable that was coming from avr to porjector and disconnected it from avr and directly connected it to player by-passing avr and it didn't work. So following are my recommendations to make it work
1 - Do use avr in the chain
2 - Make sure the HDMI cables connecting the player to avr and from avr to projector are of same type.
3 - Use HDMI 1 on projector.
3 - My HDMI going from avr to projector is 15 feet long hence the length of hdmi being 6 feet is not required.
4 - Following is the HDMI I'm using. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=14196. It is an Active HDMI cable and costs only $20 for 15 feet. Save your money from all these expensive HDMI cables.
5 - Settings in Samsung: Everything is on Auto including Resolution

My impressions on 4K
Before I share my impressions, I'd like to point out that everything I play shows 4K resolution (3840P) with 8 bit. Samsung resolution is set to auto so I'm not sure why everything is being up-converted (including the 1080 movies) but here is the plus side. I like it. I like what Samsung is doing. More on in below.

First I played Netflix 4k Marco Polo. I wasn't blown away but yeah its good sharp image. Then I switched to YouTube and searched for "4k LG". I love LG demos. They are very colorful and they use black background. Played a few clips and realized that it looked sharp but dull colors. Hmmmmm. Went back to Samsung main screen and realized that it was kinda like shaking. When into settings and realized that Color wasn't set to Auto. As soon as I set it to Auto, everything stabilized. Then I went back into YouTube and started playing the clip. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I literally clapped my hands and started laughing out of joy. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Every next scene was like ohhh wowoww and then again oh wowoww. Ohhh no no no, I can't believe it. All LG 4K clips made my heart beat faster (seriously). I mean wooowwwwwwwww. This projector (RS500) is no joke. Everything was just so crystal clear. It made me feel like I'm looking at the tip of a sharp knife (if this makes any sense). My screen completely disappeared.

@zombie10k , I can play [email protected] with no problem. At first, I felt like the motion is a tad faster and I had to go into Blur menu and turn Enhance Motion to off. Then everything I played had Super Smooth motion. Like absolutely smooth.

Now back to the point that I mentioned earlier about having Samsung updating everything to 4k and me likee. Before I had issues and I mentioned it here as well that I see a lot jiggering with image here and there when camera spans. Well not anymore. I played The Hobbits and checked the scenes that were very noticeable. I can still see some but it is improved a lot. It is to the point that its not that much noticeable unless I am paying full attention to it. Also, the colors and everything just looks better. I don't know if its the up-conversion or change of HDMI cable but whatever it is, I love it.

Finally the bad parts. I spent a lot of time snaking the HDMI cables. Now they are useless as they are not working with Samsung. I don't think I'll snake another wire and will have to find another way. Also, I'll have to get a 25ft HDMI cable instead 15. Well this is not as bad as what I'm getting out of this player. What's worse is this remote control. Sorry, its not bad, ITS HORRIBLE. You have to stand right in-front of the player to make it respond to control. What was Samsung thinking. Really. Bringing first 4K player in the market with the worse control you can think of. Once I play, I just can't do anything when I'm sitting at MLP. Very annoying. I do have Harmony remove and hoping that I can use it with Samsung player???

I really want to play a 4K Blu-Ray but mine wont' arrive before March. @zombie10k , where did you get these 4K BluRay from? Also, any idea why everything I'm playing is 8 Bit? Please note that I didn't play any HDR since I don't have any. If its available online, please do let me know (thx).

Well so that's it from me. If you guys have any question, feel free to ask .
krichter1 likes this.

Last edited by SherazNJ; 02-13-2016 at 09:17 AM.
post #6437 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:15 AM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Through the good work of the AVS members here it has been determined that the information below supplied by Samsung Support is completely wrong.

A emitter/flasher can be used to control the K8500. The problem seems to be is that the IR receiver can be found in two different places: to the right of the USB port as shown on page 9 of the manual or to the left of the USB port halfway between it and the tray.

I cannot imagine what the Samsung Support person was trying to prove with his blatantly wrong information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have most of my gear, including my source components, in a some racks behind a wall, no direct line of sight. I replaced my Samsung H6500 with the new K8500 last night and discovered it would not respond to the remote using the same Xantech emitter/flasher that worked with the H6500. It worked fine when I pointed it directly at the K8500.

I have now learned from Samsung support the following:

The player is not compatible with external Flasher. wrong!
The player receives the signals from the remote only when the remote control is in line of sight with the player's Remote Control Sensor.
wrong!
This is a design choice of the player. wrong!

Page 9 of the manual shows the location of a REMOTE CONTROL SENSOR, but this has nothing to do with using an IR emitter.

Inconceivable design choice to me. Can anyone suggest a workaround?

Last edited by GGA; 02-13-2016 at 05:23 PM.
post #6438 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
FWIW,

As I'd mentioned earlier, my calibrator tried various 4K/UHD test signals to my RS600. He sent me a compatibility table of what the projector accepted from his AVLabs 4KTPG:

Resolution | Output Color Format | Output Color Depth

2160p60 | YCbCr420 | 8 bit
2160p59 | YCbCr420 | 8 bit

2160p30 | RGB | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p30 | YCbCr444 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p30 | YCbCr422 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit

2160p24 | RGB | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p24 | YCbCr444 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit
2160p24 | YCbCr422 | 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit

I have verified these through the Sammy UHD. I am getting 4k/24/12 and 4k/30/12 via netflix and 4k/60/8 via youtube. No UHD discs yet but blue ray's upscale to 4k/24/12.

Using 25ft BJC Passive cable to Sammy -> 7702MKII pass through -> JVC
post #6439 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked: 2286
I rail about remote controls all the time in my reviews for their poor design, but the Samsung remote is the absolute worst I have ever seen/used. I don't have big fingers and I can't seem to hit the "select" button without the cursor going up or down a click!!!
namirkhan likes this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #6440 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post
any idea why everything I'm playing is 8 Bit?
Enabling the "Deep Color" option switches the player from 8 bit color to 12 bit color. That's where the problems are (2160p/60 4:4:4 12 bit). If you stick with 8 bit you'll have fewer problems, but you won't be getting WCG.
post #6441 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post
Samsung 4K Player Update
I am finally able to get it working.

Before I tried using HDMI directly and indirect and neither worked. But then I realized that HDMI going from avr to projector is different from the one from player to avr. So I switched the cable going from avr to projector to match with the one that is going from player to avr and Wallaaa. Everything worked. Netflix/Youtube everything. Then I used the HDMI cable that was coming from avr to porjector and disconnected it from avr and directly connected it to player by-passing avr and it didn't work. So following are my recommendations to make it work
1 - Do use avr in the chain
2 - Make sure the HDMI cables connecting the player to avr and from avr to projector are of same type.
3 - Use HDMI 1 on projector.
3 - My HDMI going from avr to projector is 15 feet long hence the length of hdmi being 6 feet is not required.
4 - Following is the HDMI I'm using. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=14196. It is an Active HDMI cable and costs only $20 for 15 feet. Save your money from all these expensive HDMI cables.
5 - Settings in Samsung: Everything is on Auto including Resolution

My impressions on 4K
Before I share my impressions, I'd like to point out that everything I play shows 4K resolution (3840P) with 8 bit. Samsung resolution is set to auto so I'm not sure why everything is being up-converted (including the 1080 movies) but here is the plus side. I like it. I like what Samsung is doing. More on in below.

First I played Netflix 4k Marco Polo. I wasn't blown away but yeah its good sharp image. Then I switched to YouTube and searched for "4k LG". I love LG demos. They are very colorful and they use black background. Played a few clips and realized that it looked sharp but dull colors. Hmmmmm. Went back to Samsung main screen and realized that it was kinda like shaking. When into settings and realized that Color wasn't set to Auto. As soon as I set it to Auto, everything stabilized. Then I went back into YouTube and started playing the clip. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I literally clapped my hands and started laughing out of joy. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Every next scene was like ohhh wowoww and then again oh wowoww. Ohhh no no no, I can't believe it. All LG 4K clips made my heart beat faster (seriously). I mean wooowwwwwwwww. This projector (RS500) is no joke. Everything was just so crystal clear. It made me feel like I'm looking at the tip of a sharp knife (if this makes any sense). My screen completely disappeared.

Your top comment is spot on - exactly how mine is working with the exception of BJC 25ft passive cable. Also agree with the 4k content, played the light show and animal demo's on youtube..I'm projecting on a dark black wall (carpet comes Monday, then screen goes up) and I also had a giggle, rub my hands together fit. Even probably getting 10 FTL on a 150in image, the detail and sharpness looks amazing. Even blu rays look better upscaled. Coming from a JVC RS2, RS55 and now the 500. My wife wanted to watch better call saul on a black wall, sitting in construction dust, on a cement floor because she loved the 4k image from netflix. We have a bright future ahead of us folks.

Last edited by sfitzger; 02-13-2016 at 09:25 AM.
post #6442 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12529 Post(s)
Liked: 10142
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak306 View Post
Seems to me that is all controllable with the aperture/bulb settings. Before HDR, didn't we all strive for the same brightness (14 FL/48 Nits)? And if it varies so much, how do we get recommended settings from JVC?

What about my other comment regarding color space?
We do not know enough as to calibration for UHD BD. My guess is that you will calibrate to DCI, but that is just a guess. DCI is not a consumer color space, but none of our displays can do Rec2020. We will have to wait and see. As more information becomes available, I will post.
post #6443 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2105 Post(s)
Liked: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
With regard to my all of a sudden at 128 hours "(fan stopped abnormally)" 2 blinks red sequence warning message ...... after being disconnected all night I just tried to turn the RS500 on again twice. Same behavior. The cover opens, lamp fires up and then 2-3 seconds later it shuts down. In that brief period of time the fan does start to blow so it is not broken. I have no way with this behavior to even try a reset of the projector, assuming I knew how to do that properly in the service menu or wherever it best be done.
Wow… really sorry to hear about this Ron. Hope JVC takes good care of you and you don't have to ship your BCM out for repair. Keep us updated on progress and good luck brutha!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
post #6444 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Ron thinks that the Samsung is not putting out enough voltage for the HDMI cable and that makes sense, why going through an AVR would help the issue.https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post41520425

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 02-13-2016 at 10:02 AM.
post #6445 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
If JVC pj owners who are having black screen problems with their Sammy UHD players wrote Samsung Tech Support for help, perhaps that would raise the priority for getting their developers to code a firmware fix. JVC needs to be working this issue too.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact
http://secure.jvc.com/pro/forms/supportrequest.jsp
JVC did not get the Samsung player any earlier than you guys, but they have a couple now and are looking into the situation.
post #6446 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:

As far as the JVC and Samsung playing nice together, JVC did not get access to the Samsung unit, but they do have a couple of them now and are looking into these issues.
That is good to hear. Thanks for the info.
post #6447 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitzger View Post
Your top comment is spot on - exactly how mine is working with the exception of BJC 25ft passive cable. Also agree with the 4k content, played the light show and animal demo's on youtube..I'm projecting on a dark black wall (carpet comes Monday, then screen goes up) and I also had a giggle, rub my hands together fit. Even probably getting 10 FTL on a 150in image, the detail and sharpness looks amazing. Even blu rays look better upscaled. Coming from a JVC RS2, RS55 and now the 500. My wife wanted to watch better call saul on a black wall, sitting in construction dust, on a cement floor because she loved the 4k image from netflix. We have a bright future ahead of us folks.
Can you provide the link of the cable you bought from to make sure I get the same cable? The one that is working for me comes only up to 15 ft. I need 25 feet and will try yours.
post #6448 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 327 Post(s)
Quoted: 5436 Post(s)
Liked: 5636
Quote:
We do not know enough as to calibration for UHD BD. My guess is that you will calibrate to DCI, but that is just a guess. DCI is not a consumer color space, but none of our displays can do Rec2020. We will have to wait and see. As more information becomes available, I will post.
Calibrating to rec2020 saturations doesn't mean trying to reach rec2020 at 100% sat . It just means using the saturations of the container, as wide as the native gamut allows.

You should watch the Spectracal webinar I linked to earlier, it should clarify the idea.
rak306 likes this.
post #6449 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
Enabling the "Deep Color" option switches the player from 8 bit color to 12 bit color. That's where the problems are (2160p/60 4:4:4 12 bit). If you stick with 8 bit you'll have fewer problems, but you won't be getting WCG.
WCG? What does it stand for? I do have Deep Color on Auto.
post #6450 of 32123 Old 02-13-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
Update on ISCO II lens for CIH with X7000

After doing some tests I decided to sell the Isco II lens and will go with the zoom method. The ISCO's benefits of have a bit more of an 'analog' picture do not outweigh in my opinion of a loss of sharpness and influence on picture gemetry. Light output and sharpness (eshift activated when zooming to 21:9) of the unut are so excellent that I prefer the picture w/o the lens!
I own an A-lens and those are my feelings as well. I prefer to zoom, especially with the convenience of lense memories: perfect picture every time. I only use my A-lens when I need the widest image I can get.

(Not to mention the slightly smaller non-A-lens images
have better contrast)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
jvc-rs500u synch/display issue? , RS600

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page