Official JVC RS600 / RS500 (X950R / X750R - X9000 / X7000) Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84628Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,168
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2090 Post(s)
Liked: 2355
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
Thankyou Ron and happy birthday too !

Congrats on the jvc on order too ! Selfie birthday presents seems all the rage

Yes was lucky to have pre sold my x35 was only way could afford one of these babies, hopefully your current unit sells soon too.

I felt the x7000 sitting in the sweet spot between the current line up, which jvc you getting ?

Doesnt seem to be many owners yet...am I the only one
Hey,hey… First honors… Nice… Congrats!

We expect a "first impressions" review tomorrow!

We won't be getting ours in the USA till some time later next week (that is assuming Mike confirms receipt of the 500/600's today or tomorrow… Mike??)

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
krichter1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Thank you !

Great stuff you guys are getting yours soon ! look forward to how you guys find it

Last edited by alebonau; 11-27-2015 at 07:36 PM.
alebonau is offline  
post #63 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Htnut2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I have done some more testing following the various queries.

I am testing using a Sony Bravia motionflow video which has text scrolling to the left, some swinging images and a scene from a performance where there is panning across the audience.

When looking at the text scrolling and CMD off there is motion blurring which appears like frames are being repeated. The blurring is more pronounced when MPC is on.

With CMD set to low, the blur disappears when MPC is off and still is somewhat blurry with MPC on.

Setting CMD to high removes the blur in both cases
Htnut2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,065
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
No. Mine and I have clearly indicates projectors upto 22kg. My boxed Jvc weighs 19kg.

The B&h website under specs indicate the same

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ling_Wall.html

Support Weight 50 lbs (22kg)

I have no qualms suggesting as the mount is solid secure very well engineered beyond anything else am aware in the market. Infact one other brand one supposedly rated I returned as pure rubbish for kind of projector jvcs and others are
I guess I should have gone to the manufacturer's site, rather than B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nsion_Kit.html
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #65 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htnut2000 View Post
I have done some more testing following the various queries.

I am testing using a Sony Bravia motionflow video which has text scrolling to the left, some swinging images and a scene from a performance where there is panning across the audience.

When looking at the text scrolling and CMD off there is motion blurring which appears like frames are being repeated. The blurring is more pronounced when MPC is on.

With CMD set to low, the blur disappears when MPC is off and still is somewhat blurry with MPC on.

Setting CMD to high removes the blur in both cases

What is the smooth slider set in MPC.?
Higher this setting you'll see more blur and softness.
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #66 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,065
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
Hey,hey… First honors… Nice… Congrats!

We expect a "first impressions" review tomorrow!

We won't be getting ours in the USA till some time later next week (that is assuming Mike confirms receipt of the 500/600's today or tomorrow… Mike??)
Will be Monday before I can confirm, but the large shipment shrunk to a trickle. Large shipment being shipped to us next week. Hope to find out, end of day Monday, how many and when.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #67 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
What is the smooth slider set in MPC.?
Higher this setting you'll see more blur and softness.
I was experimenting with this more today on my nearing departure hours with my 4810. You can crank smoothing to 100 on the older scale or 10 on the new one and it doesn't to my eyes affect anything that is in focus and sharp. Nothing. But it seems to be for scenes or photos with more shallow depth of field, to soften further the out of focus or soft focus portions of the scene. Which does yield an additional visual appeal on certain images or programming, even more depth on others.
tigerfan33 likes this.
RonF is offline  
post #68 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Htnut2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 83
All sliders are at the default which is 5
Htnut2000 is offline  
post #69 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Less granularity and range now. So far people that report like it. Interesting and promising, considering the adjustment range is more coarse now.
RonF is offline  
post #70 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
No. Mine and I have clearly indicates projectors upto 22kg. My boxed Jvc weighs 19kg.

The B&h website under specs indicate the same

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ling_Wall.html

Support Weight 50 lbs (22kg)

I have no qualms suggesting as the mount is solid secure very well engineered beyond anything else am aware in the market. Infact one other brand one supposedly rated I returned as pure rubbish for kind of projector jvcs and others are
I guess I should have gone to the manufacturer's site, rather than B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nsion_Kit.html
No problem,

Peerless site links if someone is looking,

https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...oducts/PRG-EXA


https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...oducts/PRG-EXB

Both confirm weight capacity as 50lb or 22kg which is just ideal for these jvcs that weigh in at 19kg boxed

I don't personally know of any other mount similar or so capable but if others know similarly suitable for jvc by all means post as am sure would help anyone else getting one of these jvcs and wanting to either wall or ceiling mount

Ps not that this is a Jvc mount thread ... Just given no one else has one of these pjs yet... Probably all we will be talking about for a short while
alebonau is offline  
post #71 of 31822 Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,118
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2751 Post(s)
Liked: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Less granularity and range now. So far people that report like it. Interesting and promising, considering the adjustment range is more coarse now.
Yeah, I found the sliders on my RS57 virtually useless. Far, far too much range to make them easily workable, and very little noticeable effect. The first generation sliders were much more useful, basically low, med, high, for quickly dialing in per source.

I'm very glad JVC has made more sensible controls this time!

Useful to know, BTW, that the MPC contrast/smoothing controls can be applied even when E-shift is off.
R Harkness is offline  
post #72 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 01:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: earth -alpha quadrant - france
Posts: 1,902
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 436
JVC DLA-X9000 : owner thread

I have for a couple of days now, the new JVC DLA-X9000 at home. The review will soon follow but I have already posted a couple of pics here :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/...-cours/?page=2

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/...-cours/?page=1

IMHO it's the best lamp based projector of 2015

MJV29 and BruceJK like this.
kraine is offline  
post #73 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 01:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
desray2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 207
I have given up on JVC a long time ago due to the problem of the lamp dying on me prematurely. I wonder how is the quality of the lamp module for JVC these days?

Still any issue?
desray2k is online now  
post #74 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 01:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: earth -alpha quadrant - france
Posts: 1,902
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 436
None and the X9000 I have, has already 90 hours.

MJV29 likes this.
kraine is offline  
post #75 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 01:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhafner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post
Sounds like he means the vertical streaks seen with bright white objects (usually letters) on a black background.
Is this new to this year's models or did older models have this as well? I don't remember this on my 2 years old JVC.
mhafner is offline  
post #76 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhafner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 106
How is this one different from the DLA-X950R?
seanbryan likes this.
mhafner is offline  
post #77 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soulnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,254
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked: 1328
Soulnight is offline  
post #78 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 02:39 AM
Member
 
IMDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Sorry Kraine, but in the interest of not having 100 JVC threads running at the same time, htnut2000 has already started the 'Official Thread" for the X9000/ X950 R / RS600.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rs-thread.html
Please add your valued impressions there.
seanbryan, Toe and alebonau like this.
IMDave is online now  
post #79 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 02:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDave View Post
Sorry Kraine, but in the interest of not having 100 JVC threads running at the same time, htnut2000 has already started the 'Official Thread" for the X9000/ X950 R / RS600.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rs-thread.html
Please add your valued impressions there.
Chat ut probably just needs to add the x9000 to the thread title, it's confusing I'm sure otherwise the different model designations
Spizz likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #80 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
@Htnut2000 probably want to edit title to add x9000 to it as Same projector discussed here really.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #81 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 03:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,401
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
Aka movie credits.
No big deal.
That would be bad; I always watch credits and artifacts during them (flashlighting for edge-lit LCDs and blooming for FALD) is what immediately killed LCD panels from consideration for me.
kucharsk is offline  
post #82 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 03:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2184 Post(s)
Liked: 1465
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafner View Post
Is this new to this year's models or did older models have this as well? I don't remember this on my 2 years old JVC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
That would be bad; I always watch credits and artifacts during them (flashlighting for edge-lit LCDs and blooming for FALD) is what immediately killed LCD panels from consideration for me.
Present on all JVC models since at least the 2010 RS40. I never owned the earlier models so someone else would have to comment. Also affects other brands using LCOS tech such as Sony and Epson.

It's generally not visible on credits unless you hold up your hand to block the bright letters from your eyes. That's the only way to see that the dark background behind them has vertical streaks above and below the letters. This also shows up in a few other cases like scenes with bright lights at night. I suppose it also has some indirect effect on contrast since it raises the black level in the areas containing the streaks. Because our eyes are usually blinded from seeing the issue, it's not a huge problem with most content- you're far more likely to notice internal reflections than these streaks.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #83 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,065
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
No problem,

Peerless site links if someone is looking,

https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...oducts/PRG-EXA


https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...oducts/PRG-EXB

Both confirm weight capacity as 50lb or 22kg which is just ideal for these jvcs that weigh in at 19kg boxed

I don't personally know of any other mount similar or so capable but if others know similarly suitable for jvc by all means post as am sure would help anyone else getting one of these jvcs and wanting to either wall or ceiling mount

Ps not that this is a Jvc mount thread ... Just given no one else has one of these pjs yet... Probably all we will be talking about for a short while
I will say, after installing a lot of Peerless and chief mounts, while the Peerless are cheaper, they do not hold the projector in place near as well as the Chief mounts. I have installed at least a 100 of the Peerless mounts in schools.
Mike_WI likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #84 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I will say, after installing a lot of Peerless and chief mounts, while the Peerless are cheaper, they do not hold the projector in place near as well as the Chief mounts. I have installed at least a 100 of the Peerless mounts in schools.
Know nothing about the chief mount, good there is another option. With regards peerless, going from one jvc to another, I was really surprised how seamless the mount made the changeover to be.

Removing the mount bracket from one to put on another...totally expected to have to fine adjust the adjustments on the Mount to dial in. But tightening up locking knob and then the locking screw... was very surprised to see the projector pull up precisely so needing no adjustment not even fine adjustment to square up perfectly to the screen as had with the projector before. Huge endorsement for the precision of the peerless

But yeah good there are other options too, choice is good

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #85 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,852
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
Peerless prg-exa unv

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...rch=yes&sts=ps

Only $107 us best money ever spent to securely mount and precisely dial in the projector especially something big and heavy like a jvc

Awesome engineered such a high quality product peerless make in the precision gear mount and the exa arm mount so versatile in use for either wall or ceiling mounting
Thanks. Got to get one of those for my next JVC
blee0120 is online now  
post #86 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
I have given up on JVC a long time ago due to the problem of the lamp dying on me prematurely. I wonder how is the quality of the lamp module for JVC these days?

Still any issue?
That issue was with the rs40. Several years back. Has since been fixed.
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #87 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
desray2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Thanks for the update...

Sent from my SM-T670 using Tapatalk
desray2k is online now  
post #88 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
R Harkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,118
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2751 Post(s)
Liked: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Present on all JVC models since at least the 2010 RS40. I never owned the earlier models so someone else would have to comment. Also affects other brands using LCOS tech such as Sony and Epson.

It's generally not visible on credits unless you hold up your hand to block the bright letters from your eyes. That's the only way to see that the dark background behind them has vertical streaks above and below the letters. This also shows up in a few other cases like scenes with bright lights at night. I suppose it also has some indirect effect on contrast since it raises the black level in the areas containing the streaks. Because our eyes are usually blinded from seeing the issue, it's not a huge problem with most content- you're far more likely to notice internal reflections than these streaks.
I've never noticed it on mine. Last night I watched the opening of the movie Lucy, with white credits on black background, and never saw any smearing.
R Harkness is offline  
post #89 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,065
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Reminder, last day for preorder pricing.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #90 of 31822 Old 11-28-2015, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,065
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11465 Post(s)
Liked: 9056
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Reminder, last day for preorder pricing.
Mike Garrett is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
jvc-rs500u synch/display issue? , RS600

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off