Official JVC RS600 / RS500 (X950R / X750R - X9000 / X7000) Owners Thread - Page 489 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84972Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14641 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,629
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7810 Post(s)
Liked: 9886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
Excellent! Thank you, Craig.
Thank you to you, Kevin, Kris Deering, Zombie10K, Manni and everyone else that has bought the Samsung and / or done hours of experimenting and gave the rest of us someplace to start setting wise for 4K UHD. Also, thanks Kevin for the Integral discount code that finally got me off my a$$ to buy that and the Samsung. It all works, and it looks PDG !
Tom Bley and krichter1 like this.
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14642 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,457
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
That's purty!
It's mine! I do wish it had Darbeevision 4k though.
Tom Bley is offline  
post #14643 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Member
 
anmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm trying to get the Fury to work with my UB900 and my RS600. My setup is Pansonic UB900 player>4k Integral>JVC RS600 using the audio/video output of the player. I have the audio output of the player going to my sound system. Everything works fine if I go from the player straight to the JVC without the Integral between them. When I put the Integral between the player and the projector, no video signal. I cannot get the green LED on the Integral to stay lit. It only flashes one time when I give it power. When I look at the 4k Integral app on my IPhone it says the input and output on the Integral are active. Anyone know what I am missing??
anmg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14644 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I understand the SC 95 will accept 4k signal in the 1st 3 HDMI slots which includes the DVD slot - But I need help Can somebody help me out or send me a link for setting up my NVIDA GTX 970 using Mad VR in POT Player or Media Center 21 for being able to output 4k from my HTPC - I think I have it set up correct using the SUPER RES 4 times in the NVIDAGraphic section but I cant get it to output but only 1080p to my JVC RS400 who will accept a 4k signal and I have it running thru the Pioneer SC95 who will accept a 4k 2.0a HDMI signal in the 1st 3 HDMI inputs out to the JVC _Is there an additional setting or something else I need to do in the pioneer to pass thru the 4k signal - The video conversion option is off
I have a NVDIA GTX 970 card and I-7 5th generation CPU - The 1080p picture is great thru my HTPC via BlueRay collection but I would like to see if converting it to 4k from the HTPC to compare if it improves the Blu Ray PQ even more


I am sure some JVC owners have this type of set up
CmiBobby is offline  
post #14645 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi mates: I decided on the RS 600 with all accessories. I will also buy the the Panny UB 900 and the HDfury integral. In truth I`ll have to import them to Brazil. I use the Yamaha pre-pro 5100 powered by three parasound
amplifiers. My projector is connected to the processor by a supra cable that goes above the plaster ceiling. I will connect the JVC pj straight to the Panny. What do I do then? Do I connect a speed 18gb to the fury from the out of the Panny and another one from the fury to the other cable that will run hidden to the pj above the false ceiling and plug it in any of the two hdmi 18GB of the JVC? To turn on the fury to edid it will have to to stay close to my equipment in a stand close to my switches. It means I will have to get two speed cables to connect the fury to the longest cable. Am I right? To get the BT 18886 gama to the standard content UHD BT 2020 is a hard task? will I have to keep the device permanently on? I appreciate your helping me, specially If my reasoning is wrong, and this possibility is big. Thank you in advance.
Walter Santos Filho is offline  
post #14646 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
henrich3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmg View Post
I'm trying to get the Fury to work with my UB900 and my RS600. My setup is Pansonic UB900 player>4k Integral>JVC RS600 using the audio/video output of the player. I have the audio output of the player going to my sound system. Everything works fine if I go from the player straight to the JVC without the Integral between them. When I put the Integral between the player and the projector, no video signal. I cannot get the green LED on the Integral to stay lit. It only flashes one time when I give it power. When I look at the 4k Integral app on my IPhone it says the input and output on the Integral are active. Anyone know what I am missing??
Ensure that you're connected from the UB900's video out to the Integral's top input, and the Integral's top output to the JVC's HDMI 1 input. Put the Integral in Automix mode. You can disable HDR in the Automix menu if you like. With the player & pj powered up, power off the Integral for 15 seconds and power it back on. It should read the player & pj EDID's and configure itself appropriately.

If that doesn't help, try posting in the Integral thread.
henrich3 is offline  
post #14647 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,197
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 2392
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If I just get the Phillips or the Panasonic 4K player can I just plug it in and it will work with the RS 500? I could not find it in this thread . Or do I need something else
You won't "need" anything else for HDR 4K viewing (except to make sure you have an HDMI cable certified for 4K bandwidth), however for SDR it still works fine but downgrades the Wide Color Gamut in BT.2020 to a base color gamut for Rec709 which is why many here buy a Fury Integral in order to preserve the WCG/BT.2020 (this device manipulates the EDID and tells the source player what it should send the projector; or what the PJ can support is a better way to say it).

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
krichter1 is offline  
post #14648 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 03:59 PM
 
scottyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: mound,mn,usa
Posts: 3,477
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
You won't "need" anything else for HDR 4K viewing (except to make sure you have an HDMI cable certified for 4K bandwidth), however for SDR it still works fine but downgrades the Wide Color Gamut in BT.2020 to a base color gamut for Rec709 which is why many here buy a Fury Integral in order to preserve the WCG/BT.2020 (this device manipulates the EDID and tells the source player what it should send the projector; or what the PJ can support is a better way to say it).
Thanks Kevin!!
How much better is the WCG?
scottyb is offline  
post #14649 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,197
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 2392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
It's mine! I do wish it had Darbeevision 4k though.
In principle I hear what you're saying Tom but I find with 4K & ClrBlk I really don't miss it; but of course not ever having seen what Darbee might do w/ a 4K signal I guess it could be worthy (hell I was skeptical w/ BD until I saw it for myself [where it absolutely sold me]!).
Tom Bley likes this.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
krichter1 is offline  
post #14650 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,197
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 2392
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Thanks Kevin!!
How much better is the WCG?



(some say the gem of these 4K discs won't end up being HDR… won't be added resolution… but the COLOR… so far I agree!)

EDIT: I should have also added to the "color" of WCG is the added bit depth as well.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater

Last edited by krichter1; 09-22-2016 at 06:56 PM.
krichter1 is offline  
post #14651 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,457
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
In principle I hear what you're saying Tom but I find with 4K & ClrBlk I really don't miss it; but of course not ever having seen what Darbee might do w/ a 4K signal I guess it could be worthy (hell I was skeptical w/ BD until I saw it for myself [where it absolutely sold me]!).
I could buy a Darbee for Blu-ray correct? I hear what you are saying about 4k and using clear black on low. It looks great.....but 😀
Tom Bley is offline  
post #14652 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2883 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmg View Post
I'm trying to get the Fury to work with my UB900 and my RS600. My setup is Pansonic UB900 player>4k Integral>JVC RS600 using the audio/video output of the player. I have the audio output of the player going to my sound system. Everything works fine if I go from the player straight to the JVC without the Integral between them. When I put the Integral between the player and the projector, no video signal. I cannot get the green LED on the Integral to stay lit. It only flashes one time when I give it power. When I look at the 4k Integral app on my IPhone it says the input and output on the Integral are active. Anyone know what I am missing??
First, make sure the Integral has the latest firmware version.
Second, place slider set automix as Henrich said, and then set flags to un-check audio, and then check BT2020, YCbcr, etc. as desire.
Lastly, test the laiason HDMI cable running from the Integral to the PJ. Good luck.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #14653 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2883 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
I could buy a Darbee for Blu-ray correct? I hear what you are saying about 4k and using clear black on low. It looks great.....but 😀
When I use the Oppo 103D's Darbee enhancement with anything above 8+, it seems to exaggerate the pop of the pixel grid and gives rise to a bit of a grayish haze over otherwise deep black content (using the X750 with e-shift). But at Darbee enhancement 8+, it is still enough to give the appearance of added sharpness to the image without exaggerating the grid.
Tom Bley and Hawks07 like this.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #14654 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,525
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2883 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
My RS600 only has around 250 hours on it. There are guidelines for cinema brightness (eg. 16 fL), but screen brightness ultimately comes down to personal preference. Also, older eyes may see better with images that are a little brighter. My 57 year old eyes like it bright.
Ha. I don't know...I heard 57 was the new 40. Anyway, your RS600 has a bit more brightness than my X750, of course depending on how you have the color setting/calibration, etc. But you must get some awesome FTBs.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #14655 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,460
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2745 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
I'm interested in knowing how far most of you are closing down the dynamic iris when using the UB900>Fury>RS500 for low lamp SDR, non-UHD viewing.

Thanks in advance.
-10 for all SDR whether it's REC709 or BT.2020. This is with Samsung player UHD discs/Amazon/Netflix, Directv 4K, and HTPC Blu-Ray.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H/X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #14656 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,460
Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2745 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
So the Panasonic Amazon and Netflix apps do not support 4K24 10-bit BT.2020? What do they support then, and what is the real-world/noticeable impact from this?

BTW are most folks putting the Integral between their UHD player and AVR/Pre-pro UHD input, or are they putting it between their AVR/Pre-pro output and their projector?
As I understand it, the Panasonic streams at 4K60 even though Amazon and Netflix content is 4K24.

I place the Integral between the Samsung UHD player and my AVR. But those with the Panasonic player seem to have to place the Integral after the AVR.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H/X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
claw is offline  
post #14657 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 17,629
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7810 Post(s)
Liked: 9886
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
As I understand it, the Panasonic streams at 4K60 even though Amazon and Netflix content is 4K24.

I place the Integral between the Samsung UHD player and my AVR. But those with the Panasonic player seem to have to place the Integral after the AVR
.
I have the Integral between my Denon X7200WA and my two projectors ( RS600 and VW600 ) . That way I can use it as a splitter. The Samsung and other sources are run to the receiver like i'd normally do. Everything has worked fine that way.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #14658 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,197
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 2392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
I could buy a Darbee for Blu-ray correct? I hear what you are saying about 4k and using clear black on low. It looks great.....but 😀
Yep… I only have my dvp5000 on the Sony changer(s) into the Denon and there was a time you could get a used one CHEAP on the Bay (b/c the orig power wart was defective and not outputting enough voltage causing the Darbee to Blur screen intermittently and people were dumping them when all you had to do was get a higher amp model wart (happen to me too and I bought a new one off Amazon and AG now).
Tom Bley likes this.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
krichter1 is offline  
post #14659 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
If you haven't already done so, for 3D viewing try setting High Lamp, Lens Aperture = 0 (Auto 2), and
Input Signal -> 3D Setting -> Crosstalk Cancel -> +8

Raising the Crosstalk Cancel setting makes a big improvement in 3D brightness.
Hi henrich3, yes the brightness is indeed better after setting crosstalk 8. where to set Lens Aperture?

And I still see flickering/flashing in the screen?? But when I looked at PC when wearing the JVC glasses, I also see the flickering/flashing. Is it normal? or is it the issue related to glasses? Thanks
Roudan is offline  
post #14660 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
That firmware update fixed an EDID problem that caused the K8500's initial menu to output at 2160p60 4:4:4 10-bit or 12-bit. The projector can't display that and your Redmere cable can't handle it either. Do the firmware update and if you're still having problems, upgrade the HDMI cable.
Hi henrich3, I spent $50 to buy null moden cable and adapter, just finished updating the firmware to 83.2. But I still can not see the home screen of Samsung 8500 when playing regular blu ray. It is still blue screen displaying hdmi1 no input. However, when playing on the JVC menu for a while, there is one time I can see the home screen then I played the movies and checked my 3D setting as you suggested. After changing different blu Ray. Samdung home screen disappear again. Don't know why? Any suggestion?

Another question is: I have my rs500 calibrated and there are two calibrated modes one is for hd709sdr and the other one is uhd2022hdr. If I change 3D setting or if I change anything outside the picture mode menu, will the change null the calibrated picture mode?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Last edited by Roudan; 09-22-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Roudan is offline  
post #14661 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,025
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3748 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrich3 View Post
Ensure that you're connected from the UB900's video out to the Integral's top input, and the Integral's top output to the JVC's HDMI 1 input. Put the Integral in Automix mode. You can disable HDR in the Automix menu if you like. With the player & pj powered up, power off the Integral for 15 seconds and power it back on. It should read the player & pj EDID's and configure itself appropriately.

If that doesn't help, try posting in the Integral thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
First, make sure the Integral has the latest firmware version.
Second, place slider set automix as Henrich said, and then set flags to un-check audio, and then check BT2020, YCbcr, etc. as desire.
Lastly, test the laiason HDMI cable running from the Integral to the PJ. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Thank you to you, Kevin, Kris Deering, Zombie10K, Manni and everyone else that has bought the Samsung and / or done hours of experimenting and gave the rest of us someplace to start setting wise for 4K UHD. Also, thanks Kevin for the Integral discount code that finally got me off my a$$ to buy that and the Samsung. It all works, and it looks PDG !
Can someone please PM me the discount code and what $ it takes off the Integral? Thanks.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #14662 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,025
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3748 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
wow good news on the room update, this should be a nice visual treat. It's possibly your new projector may have the profile on it already but if not, it gets uploaded using the autocal software.
What determines if the new project has the profile on it already or not? And how can I check if its there or not (where will I find it)? If it doesn't exist, it sounds like I have to dig into learning the JVC autocal and run that in order to get it.

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/d...rs400_uhd.html

you can get a basic setup with the UHD SDR BT2020 without a lot of effort. There are built in basic patterns in the service menu. I would let it warm up for a good 30 mins and see if the convergence really needs to be adjusted. I've had 8 of the 2016 JVC's here this year and all were very good with the convergence.

keep us posted on your experience as you get it set up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. My last JVC was the RS20 - looking forward to it.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #14663 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
cofn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
I think anyone will tell you the JVCs are about the worst for gaming due to their high lag, while Sony's are usually some of the best.

Personally I have not tried gaming on a JVC yet so I can't honestly say. It sounds like many serious gamers, yet videophiles, will ust the JVC for main duty and have a separate low-lag, cheaper projector for gaming.
Man I wish this hyperbole would stop already with the input lag.

I am about as hardcore as a gamer can get, i literally play 60-80 games a year, online, offline, you name it.

I have had a X500R and now a 750 and have zero issues at all with input lag, either I am a savant or it is WAY blown out of proportion (i am thinking the later)

All the reviews I see say the input lag is so high, yet none of the reviews actually PLAY a game on the projector. I personally find this just shoddy reviewing.

None of us videophiles would accept a review of an item that says in the specs that it has outstanding HDR capabilities but the reviews just quotes the specs and moves on never having played a disk with HDR.

So why do we accept that behavior for games?
OzHDHT likes this.

Marantz AV8802A & 7055 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 & RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / DTech BPVX/P Surr/Rears / DTech SM65 Wides / Polk RC60i / SVS PB13 Ultra & PB16 Ultra / Buttkicker LFE / JVC X750 / Panny UB900 / iRule & Insteon.
Coffin Family Theater Build
cofn42 is offline  
post #14664 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 09:50 PM
Senior Member
 
cofn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
I really appreciate the response. Makes sense as there is not much talk about gaming and more about movie watching. Thanks again!
Hardcore gamer here, proud JVC owner and input Lag myth buster (FYI, it is WAY over blown and over stated)

Have yet to try out Forza for the HDR capabilities, not much of a sports game or racing game fan sadly.

I heard there will be a demo for Forza though, so I would not mind grabbing it if there is and giving it a test drive (pun intended).

I have not really been following what games will have HDR capabilities on the Xb1, honestly don't play it that often (more of a PS4 guy) but have seen the list of games that will be taking advantage of the PS4 Pro HDR and I am very stoked for November to get my hands on it and see for myself.
Bigham16 likes this.

Marantz AV8802A & 7055 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 & RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / DTech BPVX/P Surr/Rears / DTech SM65 Wides / Polk RC60i / SVS PB13 Ultra & PB16 Ultra / Buttkicker LFE / JVC X750 / Panny UB900 / iRule & Insteon.
Coffin Family Theater Build
cofn42 is offline  
post #14665 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
cofn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post
Have you tried NBA 2K 17 or Forzta with HDR? Do you know if the HDFury works with videogames?
I have a Fury and it works fine for games, also have a linker coming tomorrow to solve the last of my compatibility issues for sound.

No noticeable difference adding in the Fury to the chain.

I go XB1S -> 4k switch -> Fury -> R750.
Bigham16 likes this.

Marantz AV8802A & 7055 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 & RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / DTech BPVX/P Surr/Rears / DTech SM65 Wides / Polk RC60i / SVS PB13 Ultra & PB16 Ultra / Buttkicker LFE / JVC X750 / Panny UB900 / iRule & Insteon.
Coffin Family Theater Build
cofn42 is offline  
post #14666 of 32528 Old 09-22-2016, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tcramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
Man I wish this hyperbole would stop already with the input lag.

I am about as hardcore as a gamer can get, i literally play 60-80 games a year, online, offline, you name it.

I have had a X500R and now a 750 and have zero issues at all with input lag, either I am a savant or it is WAY blown out of proportion (i am thinking the later)

All the reviews I see say the input lag is so high, yet none of the reviews actually PLAY a game on the projector. I personally find this just shoddy reviewing.

None of us videophiles would accept a review of an item that says in the specs that it has outstanding HDR capabilities but the reviews just quotes the specs and moves on never having played a disk with HDR.

So why do we accept that behavior for games?

Apologies man, I didn't mean to upset you. I was just relaying what I've heard but clearly said "Personally I have not tried gaming on a JVC yet so I can't honestly say"...so in other words, it isn't my opinion.

I have seen plenty of posts where gamers do complain about lag, so there must be some merit to it. It's good to know it doesn't affect you and hopefully that is the case for the majority.
Bigham16 likes this.
tcramer is offline  
post #14667 of 32528 Old 09-23-2016, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
henrich3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,530
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi henrich3, yes the brightness is indeed better after setting crosstalk 8. where to set Lens Aperture?

And I still see flickering/flashing in the screen?? But when I looked at PC when wearing the JVC glasses, I also see the flickering/flashing. Is it normal? or is it the issue related to glasses? Thanks
There's a "LENS AP." button on the JVC remote that can open the lens aperture menu. Another way to access it is by going into the Picture Mode menu, then pressing the "ADVANCED MENU" button on the remote.

Re: 3D flickering, is the 3D emitter plugged in securely to the back of your projector? When you got your 3D glasses, did you "pair" them with the projector? If not, perhaps that's why they're flickering.

To register (pair) your 3D glasses to your pj:
- Play some 3D content.
- Hold the glasses within 1 meter of the projector.
- Press the Power button on the glasses once. The indicator will light for 3 seconds and they will turn on.
- Press and hold down the Power button for over a second. The indicator should alternate between a solid light and blinking. That means that the registration has started. After the light blinks quickly 6 times, registration is complete.
After this initial pairing you may use your glasses. For future 3D sessions you can turn the glasses on normally with a quick press of the Power button.

If the glasses still flicker, try attaching the 3D emitter to the pj using an extention cable. If the emitter is moved to a spot that's less obstructed, the glasses might get a stronger signal & work better. If that still doesn't fix it, you may need to contact JVC support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi henrich3, I spent $50 to buy null moden cable and adapter, just finished updating the firmware to 83.2. But I still can not see the home screen of Samsung 8500 when playing regular blu ray. It is still blue screen displaying hdmi1 no input. However, when playing on the JVC menu for a while, there is one time I can see the home screen then I played the movies and checked my 3D setting as you suggested. After changing different blu Ray. Samdung home screen disappear again. Don't know why? Any suggestion?

Another question is: I have my rs500 calibrated and there are two calibrated modes one is for hd709sdr and the other one is uhd2022hdr. If I change 3D setting or if I change anything outside the picture mode menu, will the change null the calibrated picture mode?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
You're using a 50' HDMI cable IIRC. You may just need a better cable or a shorter run to see the Sammy's 2160p60 4:4:4 8-bit (18 Gbps) Home screen. UHD on the K8500 is more challenging for cables than other players because the Sammy forces 4:4:4 chroma which increases the data rate on the cable.

Re: calibration modes, just choose a different "USER" Picture Mode for your 3D settings. If your hd709sdr and uhd2022hdr calibrations are stored in USER1 and USER2, for example, use USER3 for 3D. The settings you select for that USER3 mode shouldn't affect the others.
Roudan likes this.
henrich3 is offline  
post #14668 of 32528 Old 09-23-2016, 01:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I think my post was not understood the way I put it. I have the pre/pro CXA 5100 which is compatible with 4k and hdr. What`s my best choice? To put a speed cable 4k from the out of the the panny connected to the out of the fury, another 4k cable connected from the fury to the RS 600 HDMI 1 or 2 (My projector is placed 4 meters from my front stand where I keep my equipment), and put another 4k cable from the the panny to the CXA 5100? Is that right? I don`t know the kind of connection of the Hd fury to turn it on. Is it USB? The device must be kept on or just to edit? I thank you for an answer, and ask your pardon for my ignorance.
Walter Santos Filho is offline  
post #14669 of 32528 Old 09-23-2016, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
stanger89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 23,130
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
Man I wish this hyperbole would stop already with the input lag.

I am about as hardcore as a gamer can get, i literally play 60-80 games a year, online, offline, you name it.

I have had a X500R and now a 750 and have zero issues at all with input lag, either I am a savant or it is WAY blown out of proportion (i am thinking the later)

All the reviews I see say the input lag is so high, yet none of the reviews actually PLAY a game on the projector. I personally find this just shoddy reviewing.

None of us videophiles would accept a review of an item that says in the specs that it has outstanding HDR capabilities but the reviews just quotes the specs and moves on never having played a disk with HDR.

So why do we accept that behavior for games?
I don't doubt your experience at all, but it's not hyperbole, the only reason I still have my Planar 8150 hanging in my theater is because the lag is terrible on JVCs. When I got my RS4910 I was hoping it was just blown out of proportion. However within the first few minutes of trying out games I could tell something was wrong. Playing driving games like Forza, it's like increasing the difficulty substantially, catching slides becomes incredibly harder. Shooting games like Halo/Battlefont, it became impossible to play/aim quickly because you always overshoot what you're aiming at. Even games like NBA Jam become nearly "impossible" (ok that's some hyperbole) to play because timing is so important.

Gaming lag seems a lot like RBE, where some people are more sensitive than others. My theory is that it has a lot to do with what you're used to. I'd been gaming on my 16ms Planar for years, the transition to the 120+ms JVC is simply a huge shock. I suspect those of you who have good luck with JVCs probably have gamed on higher lag devices before, and were somewhat trained for the high lag. I'm sure it's something one could get used to.

But all I know is, again, the only reason I still have my Planar is because gaming on my JVC is simply not fun at all, which is a shame because games look beautiful on it. I'm not a hardcore gamer at all, I don't play online, I'm not talking K here or anything, this is purely my direct experience with the enjoyment and ease of playing, and it's just not there with JVC, the lag is too high for me.
Bigham16 likes this.
stanger89 is offline  
post #14670 of 32528 Old 09-23-2016, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wookii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,582
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3029 Post(s)
Liked: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Gaming lag seems a lot like RBE, where some people are more sensitive than others. My theory is that it has a lot to do with what you're used to. I'd been gaming on my 16ms Planar for years, the transition to the 120+ms JVC is simply a huge shock. I suspect those of you who have good luck with JVCs probably have gamed on higher lag devices before, and were somewhat trained for the high lag. I'm sure it's something one could get used to.
I have a suspicion you may be on the money there. As I posted above I don't 'perceive' any lag at all - but 'perceive' is probably the key word. I have been gaming on JVC projectors for the last 8 years, so it is quiet probable that my eye-brain-hand coordination has been conditioned and accounts for this and filters it out somehow - I'm not really an expert on this area of brain function so I'm just surmising why we see such widely differing user reports.

The only other explanation is that some lag is being introduced in other areas of the video chain, but that seems unlikely (?). For the record my system if PS4 -> Lumagen Pro -> X9000 (RS600).
Bigham16 likes this.
Wookii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
jvc-rs500u synch/display issue? , RS600

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off