JVC Calibration Software V6 For 2015 Models (X9000,X7000,X5000,RS400,RS500,RS600) - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1291Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4381 of 4389 Old 05-24-2020, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,742
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6285 Post(s)
Liked: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
This is a feature that has been asked by many, and yet it has existed at least since v7!
Here are the calibration results using the Spyder5 for color autocal, with the correction matrix. With some minor RGB Gain adjustments (R-2; G-5), I was able to achieve ColorCheck dE of 0.36/0.61 (avg/max).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HCFR_Report.png
Views:	480
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	2731998  
nathan_h and Mojito like this.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Dominic Chan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4382 of 4389 Old 05-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Mojito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Here are the calibration results using the Spyder5 for color autocal, with the correction matrix. With some minor RGB Gain adjustments (R-2; G-5), I was able to achieve ColorCheck dE of 0.36/0.61 (avg/max).
I've been out of this thread for quite some time. Is there a guide on how do you create this matrix?
Mojito is offline  
post #4383 of 4389 Old 05-26-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,742
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6285 Post(s)
Liked: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
I've been out of this thread for quite some time. Is there a guide on how do you create this matrix?
It depends on the calibration software you use. See this post!
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post59699642
Mojito likes this.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Dominic Chan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4384 of 4389 Old 05-26-2020, 01:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Mojito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Thanks for pointing out, Dominic.
I use Calman and I have C6 and i1 Pro 2 meters as 'reference'.
Mojito is offline  
post #4385 of 4389 Old 07-06-2020, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Vaugha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Two quick sanity check questions please - I could not readily find anything obvious in the forums.

Q1: I just completed a first test run of SDR auto-cal on my X790. Post-cal gamma looks like a perfectly straight line, but what in the world is the second line on the plot? The manual says:

Code:
Calibration results are shown in a white line.
The state before calibration is performed is shown in a blue line.
The green line represents Gamma 2.2.
I am assuming that the second line is BLUE and represents the before calibration gamma droop (I have just over 200 hours on the bulb). Why in the world would they pick a shade of blue that looks green (turquoise)??? Why not pick yellow or orange?

Q2: What target does the projector use for the colour auto-cal? The results I am getting (white triangle) are not aligned with Rec.709 (pink triangle). Is the post-cal result representing the projector native colour space, without the filter in this case?

Many thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Gamma.png
Views:	26
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	2754114   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Color.png
Views:	28
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	2754116  
Vaugha is offline  
post #4386 of 4389 Old 07-07-2020, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,742
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6285 Post(s)
Liked: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaugha View Post
Two quick sanity check questions please - I could not readily find anything obvious in the forums.

Q1: I just completed a first test run of SDR auto-cal on my X790. Post-cal gamma looks like a perfectly straight line, but what in the world is the second line on the plot? The manual says:

Code:
Calibration results are shown in a white line.
The state before calibration is performed is shown in a blue line.
The green line represents Gamma 2.2.
I am assuming that the second line is BLUE and represents the before calibration gamma droop (I have just over 200 hours on the bulb). Why in the world would they pick a shade of blue that looks green (turquoise)??? Why not pick yellow or orange?

Q2: What target does the projector use for the colour auto-cal? The results I am getting (white triangle) are not aligned with Rec.709 (pink triangle). Is the post-cal result representing the projector native colour space, without the filter in this case?

Many thanks.
The “Standard” colour profile is slightly over-saturated by intent. If you want Rec.709 you will have to use one of the Custom profiles. They may be “preset” to Rec.709 (check with autocal in Log Only mode”), if not, you can create one or load Manni’s.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 07-07-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Dominic Chan is offline  
post #4387 of 4389 Old 07-07-2020, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Vaugha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
The “Standard” colour profile is slightly over-saturated by intent. If you want Rec.709 you will have to use one of the Custom profiles. They may be “preset” to Rec.709 (check with autocal in Log Only mode”), if not, you can create one or load Manni’s.
Thanks very much Dominic, I suspected that this might be the case. So is the colour auto-calibration against the projector native reference then? Or does the projector perform the calibration against Rec.709 but my displayed result (white triangle) simply reflects the selected (by me) "Standard" profile?
Vaugha is offline  
post #4388 of 4389 Old 07-07-2020, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 8,742
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6285 Post(s)
Liked: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaugha View Post
Thanks very much Dominic, I suspected that this might be the case. So is the colour auto-calibration against the projector native reference then? Or does the projector perform the calibration against Rec.709 but my displayed result (white triangle) simply reflects the selected (by me) "Standard" profile?
I suspect thats the case, as the same colour autocal covers multiple profiles. It also calibrates white at the same time.
Vaugha likes this.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Dominic Chan is offline  
post #4389 of 4389 Old 07-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Member
 
Vaugha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I suspect thats the case, as the same colour autocal covers multiple profiles. It also calibrates white at the same time.
Thank you
Vaugha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off