JVC Calibration Software V6 For 2015 Models (X9000,X7000,X5000,RS400,RS500,RS600) - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1225Likes

post #1441 of 4164 Old 02-13-2017, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelioX View Post
I suppose that you want to write : "you have to select a standard PICTURE mode to calibrate a custom color profile."

If yes,.....

Excuse me Manni, I own a DLA-X5000 with the latest firmware (u83.2) and if I select a "standard" picture mode (like Natural or cinema) the color profile selectable are only 2 :

If I use Picture mode > "Natural"
the avaliable color profiles are: "Video" and "Standard"

If I use Picture Mode > "cinema"
the avaliable color profiles are: "standard" and "Cinema"

So on my X5000 it is not possible to assign a custom color profile to a standard Picture mode (natural, Cinema and animation).

If I want to play with self made custom color profile the only way is to use one of the 6 "User Picture mode" avaliable.

Some forumer here tells me that If I choose an "user picture mode" I will have no "gamma" and "WP" calibration. Infact the jvc software says "-".
But I've no "-" under the color gamut. So I was thinking that the gamut correction can be done.

My tests prove to me that nope custom color profiles and/or standard color profile will be calibrated under an "user picture mode" but you wrote:

To autocal a custom color profile (like you suggested) I focely have to associate it to an "User Picture mode" but on the other side you wrote:

It seems to me an infite circle.... and I'm going mad.

I read to many times your first post with the guide but I was not able to understand this point.

Please be patient and give me an hand.

thank you.
Has anyone been able to autocalibrate a custom color profile using a standard picture mode? I notice the same as above, meaning I cannot select any custom color profile if I am in a standard picture mode. To select custom color profiles, I must be in a user picture mode.

But, Manni seems to insist that a standard picture mode has to be selected in order to calibrate a custom color profile...has anybody been able to do that? I do not think it is possible, but at the time of the post above, the conclusion was that FidelioX's projector was at fault for not able to do that...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 4164 Old 02-13-2017, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 View Post
Has anyone been able to autocalibrate a custom color profile using a standard picture mode? I notice the same as above, meaning I cannot select any custom color profile if I am in a standard picture mode. To select custom color profiles, I must be in a user picture mode.

But, Manni seems to insist that a standard picture mode has to be selected in order to calibrate a custom color profile...has anybody been able to do that? I do not think it is possible, but at the time of the post above, the conclusion was that FidelioX's projector was at fault for not able to do that...?
I"m by no means an expert, but I think you need to use a User Picture Mode, and then *within* that Picture Mode, select a Standard Color Profile for the Gamma autocalibration. You can then select the custom color profile that you want to use, to do a Color only calibration.

At least, that's the way I did it and understand it.

Don

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #1443 of 4164 Old 02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I"m by no means an expert, but I think you need to use a User Picture Mode, and then *within* that Picture Mode, select a Standard Color Profile for the Gamma autocalibration. You can then select the custom color profile that you want to use, to do a Color only calibration.

At least, that's the way I did it and understand it.

Don
I have been doing as you say and it (seems to) works. But when I stumbled upon the post above and read Manni repeating that it was not the way to do it, questions arose in my mind...
DLCPhoto likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1444 of 4164 Old 02-13-2017, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 108
How much is a Spyder 4 worth these days? Bought one to calibrate and haven't bothered to use it, so might as well move it on to someone who will.

Thanks,
Brian
post #1445 of 4164 Old 02-15-2017, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
Quote:
I have been doing as you say and it (seems to) works. But when I stumbled upon the post above and read Manni repeating that it was not the way to do it, questions arose in my mind...
What I believe the process is (and what I've done). You do a first go around with one of the standard profiles, eg "Natural" picture mode, and "Standard" color profile (you'd also do one with "Reference" color profile if you plan to use WCG as it's got the filter engaged). This will calibrate gamma and all the basic modes, you do a full gamma+color calibration.

Then if you plan to use a different color profile in your user modes, you setup your user mode just like you'll use it, and run a Color only calibration on that.
post #1446 of 4164 Old 02-15-2017, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
How much is a Spyder 4 worth these days? Bought one to calibrate and haven't bothered to use it, so might as well move it on to someone who will.

Thanks,
Brian
I purchased mine for 60 buck on flee-bay

If I agree with you then we will both be wrong
post #1447 of 4164 Old 02-15-2017, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighifi View Post
I purchased mine for 60 buck on flee-bay
Ok, good to know. If anyone is interested, let me know otherwise I'll put it up there.

B.
post #1448 of 4164 Old 02-15-2017, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

All of a sudden, I started getting an error message, right in the middle of a color only autocal. I have reinstalled the autocal program, but it keeps on giving me the same error message at this very same place (see pic).

I am not sure what to do next. I guess I will try with a different laptop. Any help is more than welcome though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	722.2 KB
ID:	1971785  
post #1449 of 4164 Old 02-16-2017, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
All of a sudden, I started getting an error message, right in the middle of a color only autocal. I have reinstalled the autocal program, but it keeps on giving me the same error message at this very same place (see pic).

I am not sure what to do next. I guess I will try with a different laptop. Any help is more than welcome though!
Well, the solution was simple...move the meter away from the projector.
post #1450 of 4164 Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked: 1681
Quote:
Well, the solution was simple...move the meter away from the projector.
Was the meter within the orange box when the error occurred?

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 02-17-2017 at 07:29 AM.
post #1451 of 4164 Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Was the meter within the orange box when the error occurred?
Strangely, yes, I am quite sure it was. It was very close to the PJs side of the box, but not outside of the box. I moved the meter away from the PJ (about 4 ft farther), and strangely, the meter didn't move much on the diagram (it is still very close to the PJs side of the box,just a bit less). But now, it works...no more error message.
post #1452 of 4164 Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
The init file is for all the calibration tables for all the profiles, taken before the first calibration if it's the first time that the serial number specified in the settings is calibrated. It doesn't touch the settings when you restore it. So to go back to factory, you have to restore the init file AND restore the settings to factory settings in the service menu.

Every subsequent backup file is the same, a snapshot all the profiles, but taken AFTER the last calibration. So it saves the state of the projector AFTER its last autocal operation.
If I follow the procedure in Post 1, I would be saving multiple files, e.g.,
File_1: Phase 1 Step 7 Aperture 0, gamma + colour
File_2: Phase 2 Step 2 Aperture -5, colour only
File_3: Phase 2 Step 2 Aperture -10, colour only
File_4: Phase 2 Step 2 Aperture -15, colour only
File_n ... (for other profiles, CMD setting, etc.)
File_Last

Am I correct in assuming that File_Last is the only file I need to keep for backup for this calibration, as it contains all the calibration tables and profiles covered in my calibration? In other words, File_1, File_2 etc all contain "incomplete" snapshots and should not be used?

What raised this question, was that the INIT cbd file takes a very long time to restore (over half hour), whereas my own calibration cbd files all take only a few minutes to restore. The file sizes are all about the same size (~25 kB).
post #1453 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
Of course new problem now. With the wire directly connected to Pc (eithernet cable I get connect ng when i do the check in settings eh
I have that problem too - was it ever solved?

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #1454 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyw View Post
Have you try a Win 7 PC?
Do you see the orange light from the JVC RJ45 port?
Did you quit the Spyder software?
maybe show the connection flowchart and the software link can help others to understand the problem? Or some picture of the JVC network setting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjw View Post
No problems on my end after setting the JVC projector to a static (available) IP and correct gateway, mask, etc. and testing via ping from another host. Once you're sure that the PJ is seen on the network, you'll at least eliminate the PJ as the issue. And if the host doing the ping is also where the JVC calibration software is run and meter connected, all the better. You'll know that the two can talk. You'll just need to set the IP of the PJ in the JVC software and run the test there. It should work assuming you haven't made any errors typing in the info. Having the server on the same LAN will also eliminate any routing/bridge issues. Mine are both hard-wire plugged into the same network switch. Eliminating any wireless connection can also be helpful in your situation. Hope this helps.

I'm running the JVC software from a Window 10 x64 HTPC which resides on the same switch as my RAID, projector, and other AV sources in my theater media/equipment room. I then use another server to remote desktop (mstsc.exe) into the HTPC to run the calibration as this has eliminated an issue where the calibration would freeze early on when running directly from the HTPC. It also allows me to see the software run without the meter shadow getting in the way.

Good luck.
If I post pics of the IP on my PJ and PC, would that be helpful for someone to help troubleshoot my connection issues?

Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #1455 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1560 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
If I post pics of the IP on my PJ and PC, would that be helpful for someone to help troubleshoot my connection issues?
Make sure you turn WiFi off on the computer you're using to connect to your PC. I'm connecting directly to the Projector (i.e. not to the router), and until I figured out WiFi had to be off, I couldn't establish a connection. This might not be your problem, but thought I'd throw that out there, since JVC doesn't mention this in their instructions.
AidenL likes this.

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #1456 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
I don't know if you have the same issue, but I had a lot of trouble connecting my PJ to network. Not only in autocal, but in enabling DHCP in general. It always failed to obtain IP address.
The solution was to unplug the power cable and wait for the network LED to go off. When I reconnected the power everything worked.
I have to do it every time I do factory reset in the service menu. The first time I enable DHCP server, it doesnt work. Power cable off-on, it works.
I hope this helps.
AidenL likes this.

Last edited by Mojito; 02-20-2017 at 10:23 PM.
post #1457 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 10:22 PM

I tried to restore my PJ to factory defaults last night by importing the INIT file and doing factory reset to try different calibration from scratch.
For some reason importing INIT file from laptop via wi-fi was way too slow, so I decided to try from desktop via wired connection.
While it went much faster, the calibration soft on my desktop did not recognize serial of my PJ (even though I entered it in the download page) and didn't determine the IP of the PJ correctly. I had to enter manually the serial and the IP and it connected OK. Even then when I clicked on IMPORT it prompted that the serial of the PJ does not match that of the file. Since I know that it is my INIT file, I clicked to import anyway.
The process starts ok, but I could never finish the import procedure as it broke connection at various points. It was too late and I gave up.
Does anyone have experience of operating one PJ from different computers. Did you have any issues?

Last edited by Mojito; 02-20-2017 at 10:26 PM.
post #1458 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
I don't know if you have the same issue, but I had a lot of trouble connecting my PJ to network. Not only in autocal, but in enabling DHCP in general. It always failed to obtain IP address.
The solution was to unplug the power cable and wait for the network LED to go off. When I reconnected the power everything worked.
I have to do it every time I do factory reset in the service menu. The first time I enable DHCP server, it doesnt work. Power cable off-on, it works.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, I'll try that tonight!

post #1459 of 4164 Old 02-20-2017, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Make sure you turn WiFi off on the computer you're using to connect to your PC. I'm connecting directly to the Projector (i.e. not to the router), and until I figured out WiFi had to be off, I couldn't establish a connection. This might not be your problem, but thought I'd throw that out there, since JVC doesn't mention this in their instructions.
Super, I'll check that also.

post #1460 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
I hope this helps.

I did both - not sure which was the magic, but I'm connected now - thank you !
DLCPhoto likes this.

post #1461 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I have two modes for regular bluray for each aspect ratio as I have a scope screen.

16:9 uses an Iris setting of -10 and 2.35:1 uses an Iris setting of -6. Both are in low lamp

I've done color-only autocals at -10 and -6 Iris settings, but for the -6 one should I also be running the color only autocal while having the lens control zoomed out in 2.35:1 mode?
Or is it sufficient to leave lens control in 16:9 mode since it only matters that my Iris is set to -6 ?

Last edited by Sittler27; 02-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
post #1462 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Nooooobie with Autocal

Hi folks...

I imported one of Manni's custom 4k hdr curves...I think I'm going to buy a Spyder...is it essentially posts 2,9,10 that I need to follow to calibrate Manni's curve with hdr and calibrate for 1080p also? Thanks folks

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet bat cave
post #1463 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post
I've done color-only autocals at -10 and -6 Iris settings, but for the -6 one should I also be running the color only autocal while having the lens control zoomed out in 2.35:1 mode?
Or is it sufficient to leave lens control in 16:9 mode since it only matters that my Iris is set to -6 ?
The lens zoom has almost no effect on gamma and colour.
post #1464 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quick question on calibrating An RS400U.

When I did my Gamma calibration and my subsequent HDR color calibrations, I didn't have all my Gamma settings 0'd out.

For example I had the picture tone and dark/white level set at the JVC settings BEFORE I started the calibration.

Will having those settings in place during the calibration negatively effect the results? Or will it ignore those settings during the calibration?

Thanks
post #1465 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltanar View Post
Chad this is very interesting, please can you explain step by step how to create a custom profile to correct Spyder 5?
I have a eye one spectro so can I use it to do this correction?
The basic procedure may have already been explained in this thread, but I thought I'd share my method of making custom colorspaces to correct for Spyder inaccuracy after autocal. This is very necessary in most instances; with my older Spyder 4, before this correction is applied I'd get anywhere from 3-9 dE2000 at 100% white after autocal depending on the customer's screen material. With my new Spyder 5, the first couple of results have been in the 4-5 dE2000 range.

I developed this procedure using late builds of CalMAN software. Unfortunately, I do not know if the workflow will load and run for everyone depending on your license level and build date. You can use any spectro (facing screen) or a profiled colorimeter (K-10, i1D3, etc). I developed it for use with a pattern generator, though you can adapt it for use with a test disc as long as it has color gamut sweeps in 10% steps. I am giving instructions for making a REC 709 profile; with modification the procedure can be adapted for BT.2020, but I am not going to get into that at this time.

First, do the Spyder autocal. I suggest using the "Quality" setting for gamma steps in the autocal software and using Natural mode in the PJ with all enhancements off, color profile standard (off), gamma normal, lamp power low, lens aperture manual, input level auto, controls at 0, etc.

After it is complete, switch to a fresh user memory. Set EVERYTHING (including aperture, lamp power, CMD, etc) to how you had Natural set except select a fresh Custom (off) slot for color profile.

Using my custom workflow (use the LATEST version posted here and in Spectracal's support forum under the workflows section), click the adv (Advanced) button on the lower right of the "Before Calibration" opening screen. Then click "Gamut luminance". Make sure "6 Point 10% Step 50-100%" is selected from the drop down menu in the upper right. When you are ready, click the "WRGB" button at the lower right of the large multi colored CIE graph triangle. When the measurements are complete, click the lower left pop up color selector and choose red. Highlight and copy (control c) the x: CIE31 and y: CIE31 numbers in the data table in the upper right. Then open the attached spreadsheet "JVC_colors.xlr" and click on the "50" above the "RED X" row. Paste the data (control v, see screencap). You should see the "new 709" and "new 2020" numbers update automatically. Do the same for the green, blue, and white data.

In the JVC autocal software, click "Create". Input the "new 709" numbers in the Red, Green, Blue, and White data fields. Give it a name and click "START." Save it on your computer. Return to the top menu. Click "Import / Export". Use the drop down menu to specify that you want to import a color profile. Choose a Custom color profile memory and import.

On the projector, while still in the same user memory, select the new custom color profile. Go back to CalMAN and click on a new tab. Click the "WRGB" button again. Your gamut readings should all be dramatically improved. Calibrate gamma, brightness/contrast (brightness usually 1-2 or 8-14 depending on your PJ's build date and your gamma targets / settings, contrast usually -1 or -2) and fine tune white balance if desired, though the white balance should be extremely good as is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autocal 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	1984841  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chad Adv 34 noninteractive.zip (450.8 KB, 186 views)
File Type: zip JVC _colors.zip (3.3 KB, 204 views)

touring ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 and Klein K-10
Latest reviews:JVC RS540, JVC RS3000, Sony VPL-VW695ES
Copied settings measured, Review archive

Last edited by Chad B; 02-22-2017 at 08:34 PM.
post #1466 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
The lens zoom has almost no effect on gamma and colour.
Good news.

Another question:
When performing a gamma calibration using the autocal, should the Iris be fully open or does it matter? I left mine at the iris positions I use (-10 and -6).
post #1467 of 4164 Old 02-21-2017, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post
When performing a gamma calibration using the autocal, should the Iris be fully open or does it matter? I left mine at the iris positions I use (-10 and -6).
I believe Manni recommended iris full open, but I use the same position I use for viewing. The "loss" in luminance can be compensated by moving the meter closer to the projector lens, while staying within the "orange box".
There's no point in calibrating gamma using two iris openings, as the second one will simply overwrite the first.
post #1468 of 4164 Old 02-22-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
The basic procedure may have already been explained in this thread, but I thought I'd share my method of making custom colorspaces to correct for Spyder inaccuracy after autocal. This is very necessary in most instances; with my older Spyder 4, before this correction is applied I'd get anywhere from 3-9 dE2000 at 100% white after autocal depending on the customer's screen material. With my new Spyder 5, the first couple of results have been in the 4-5 dE2000 range.

I developed this procedure using late builds of CalMAN software. Unfortunately, I do not know if the workflow will load and run for everyone depending on your license level and build date. You can use any spectro (facing screen) or a profiled colorimeter (K-10, i1D3, etc). I developed it for use with a pattern generator, though you can adapt it for use with a test disc as long as it has color gamut sweeps in 10% steps. I am giving instructions for making a REC 709 profile, but the procedure can be adapted for BT.2020.
Thanks a lot for this! I managed to open the workflow in my CalMan client and open the spreadsheet in Excel (although it did not recognize xlr extension by default). A few questions, if I may.
1. Will this work with JVC inernal pattern generator? Is it recommended?
2. What is your recommendation on placing the sensor? I have a C6 HDR meter and 109" Graymatte 70 screen (3.5 meters from the PJ lense).
3. What should be used as Gamma target in CalMan after the JVC autocal?
4. What gamma preset should be chosen when creating the custom color profile in the JVC software?

Last edited by Mojito; 02-22-2017 at 02:52 AM.
post #1469 of 4164 Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2384
Quote:
Thanks a lot for this! I managed to open the workflow in my CalMan client and open the spreadsheet in Excel (although it did not recognize xlr extension by default). A few questions, if I may.
1. Will this work with JVC inernal pattern generator? Is it recommended?
Maybe this is me being out of touch, but I don't think there's a way to force the internal pattern generator on, for Calman to use. I believe you need a pattern generator that Calman can either control, or with patterns that Calman expects (like the AVS 709 Calman patterns).

Quote:
2. What is your recommendation on placing the sensor? I have a C6 HDR meter and 109" Graymatte 70 screen (3.5 meters from the PJ lense).
I don't know about others, but I always place my i1D3 1-2' off the screen, slightly below center and pointed a bit up (out of it's own shadow), to get the brightest readings.
post #1470 of 4164 Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Maybe this is me being out of touch, but I don't think there's a way to force the internal pattern generator on, for Calman to use. I believe you need a pattern generator that Calman can either control, or with patterns that Calman expects (like the AVS 709 Calman patterns).
I managed to get it to work with CalMan by connecting RS232 cable to the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page