Sony SXRD Degradation Thread - Effects All Current Sony SXRD 1080p/4K Panels - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 943Likes

post #2011 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
Hi Andreas21, does these calibrated units include the LS10x00 models with the LCD reflective laser light engines?
I have calibrated one LS10000 and it showed no signs of degradation or gamma drop and it had around 1000 hours on it if I remember correct, and from the reports other owners have posted in here they are very stable.
Nima and DavidHir like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
I have calibrated one LS10000 and it showed no signs of degradation or gamma drop and it had around 1000 hours on it if I remember correct, and from the reports other owners have posted in here they are very stable.
Thanks for the info

The Lasers is rated to last 30,000 hours in eco-mode so these panels needs to be very stable to support this.
post #2013 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmanmojo View Post
i am probably a dumb rock, but i can not find a filter on the Sony 500es projector. I looked on the bottom side of the machine, looked in the parts listing for spare parts and op manual, but i do not see anything remotely resembling a filter.

Could someone help a dumb country boy with a picture of where this filter is located?
If it's like my 300es, it doesn't have one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5378 Post(s)
Liked: 5711
this is unfortunate for these folks that spent 60K on the flagship Sony product, they are now ~3 weeks in with bricked units and waiting daily to hear updates from Japan.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ult...thread-24.html

my understanding is that ES support was supposed to be top shelf but we didn't see this when the CR was dropping on the prior flagship. no doubt some owners are upset reading through the 5000ES thread. they should be getting new units within a reasonable period of time if they can't solve this blue issue.
post #2015 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
If it's like my 300es, it doesn't have one.
That is correct, none of the Sony 4K models have filters.
post #2016 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
this is unfortunate for these folks that spent 60K on the flagship Sony product, they are now ~3 weeks in with bricked units and waiting daily to hear updates from Japan.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ult...thread-24.html

my understanding is that ES support was supposed to be top shelf but we didn't see this when the CR was dropping on the prior flagship. no doubt some owners are upset reading through the 5000ES thread. they should be getting new units within a reasonable period of time if they can't solve this blue issue.
And I heard all the sunshine stories about how wonderful Sony is and how they support their customers with firmware updates and treat their customers like kings. Funny their prime customers that payed 60000$ for a projectors are treated this way. If I payed that amount of money for a PJ and for it to be bricked after 3 days and no support for nearly 3 weeks I would have gone mad. This just shows nobody is perfect, not even Sony...
Javs likes this.
post #2017 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
And I heard all the sunshine stories about how wonderful Sony is and how they support their customers with firmware updates and treat their customers like kings. Funny their prime customers that payed 60000$ for a projectors are treated this way. If I payed that amount of money for a PJ and for it to be bricked after 3 days and no support for nearly 3 weeks I would have gone mad. This just shows nobody is perfect, not even Sony...

I heard of at least half dozen RS500/600 DOA . As long as the company deals with it no problem , otherwise it's just business as usual.
JVC denied firmware updates to neg gen models after a surprise model change Sony did provide these updates instead of leaving their customers out to dry.
But these are issues that have nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with bashing AS USUAL. As long as you continue to bash I'll be right here to straighten you out .
Spizz likes this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #2018 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
I heard of at least half dozen RS500/600 DOA . As long as the company deals with it no problem , otherwise it's just business as usual.
JVC denied firmware updates to neg gen models after a surprise model change Sony did provide these updates instead of leaving their customers out to dry.
But these are issues that have nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with bashing AS USUAL. As long as you continue to bash I'll be right here to straighten you out .
I have not seen anyone post about a DOA on this forum. I'm not saying it didn't happen... but there's no evidence here at AVS that I've seen.

The new JVC models have some hardware changes that make a firmware update not possible for some of the new features. But it would be nice if they gave us their HDR updates which I assume is just a gamma curve and software. The more technical users can use Arve's tool to good effect but the regular user isn't going to get into that and will remain with sub-par HDR performance.
post #2019 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I have not seen anyone post about a DOA on this forum. I'm not saying it didn't happen... but there's no evidence here at AVS that I've seen.

The new JVC models have some hardware changes that make a firmware update not possible for some of the new features. But it would be nice if they gave us their HDR updates which I assume is just a gamma curve and software. The more technical users can use Arve's tool to good effect but the regular user isn't going to get into that and will remain with sub-par HDR performance.

Oh yes, there have been members here who reported JVC units on this forum DOA but I'm including the newer series too not just the last batch. No biggie just a glitch and business as usual. As long as the manufacturer fixes them up , not the end of the world .Like I said this is not uncommon for this industry or any other for that matter.

My point it is way off topic and not necessary, clutters the Topic .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #2020 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
That is correct, none of the Sony 4K models have filters.
thanks, couple of folks indicated they did, hence my question.
post #2021 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I read the last pages of the 5000es thread, it sounds like the BIOS chip has become corrupted and Sony is scrambling to correct it, and that is what's taking so long.
Undoing corrupted BIOS flashes can be difficult if not impossible if there are no safe guards in place, or if the software isn't written to undue the damage and simply flash it back to an older working version.
If that is the case, I am surprised that such an expensive machine doesn't have a BIOS back-up chip when things like this happen, even a 200.00$ MoBo out of a run-of-the-mill computer has safeguards like this in place.

Had a HP dv8 at one time, and I was flashing the BIOS, it did not boot afterword's, it was long out of warranty, so I ended getting a pre-flashed BIOS chip from eBay and carefully removed and soldered the new chip onto the board.

I can see Sony replacing entire mother boards at this point.
post #2022 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
I read the last pages of the 5000es thread, it sounds like the BIOS chip has become corrupted and Sony is scrambling to correct it, and that is what's taking so long.
Undoing corrupted BIOS flashes can be difficult if not impossible if there are no safe guards in place, or if the software isn't written to undue the damage and simply flash it back to an older working version.
If that is the case, I am surprised that such an expensive machine doesn't have a BIOS back-up chip when things like this happen, even a 200.00$ MoBo out of a run-of-the-mill computer has safeguards like this in place.

Had a HP dv8 at one time, and I was flashing the BIOS, it did not boot afterword's, it was long out of warranty, so I ended getting a pre-flashed BIOS chip from eBay and carefully removed and soldered the new chip onto the board.

I can see Sony replacing entire mother boards at this point.
It's scary how much incentive there is to skip out on a part that would probably only cost a few dollars when you multiply that by x amount of units shipped.
post #2023 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
It's scary how much incentive there is to skip out on a part that would probably only cost a few dollars when you multiply that by x amount of units shipped.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are two boards in that machine, perhaps the one with the BIOS chip is pretty much all the same as are in all the 4K projectors.
If that is the case, it would have cost a bit to modify, build, and design a new MoBo just for the sake of an extra chip.
Maybe not though, how difficult would it have been with todays automated equipment, no MoBo is put together by human hands.

But then again, if there are two boards, one would think it would be easy enough to put the back-up chip on the other board.

Only Sony knows....
post #2024 of 2201 Old 04-03-2017, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12542 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Tell me about it. A company called DIY Cable made some fantastic drivers. Designed in the US and made in China. DIY Cable came out with a real nice 21" subwoofer driver. Performed very well. The Chinese shop decided to change the glue on some internal parts. Probably to save a few pennies per driver. Well this caused the drivers to fail, making them huge paper weights. Kevin, owner of DIY Cable, reimbursed every customer, telling them to pitch the drivers. Paying everyone back, put him out of business. Shame, since he had such good products. I still have one of his 12" Shiva's and an 18" Mal-X.
post #2025 of 2201 Old 04-04-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Why do you answer my post with a JVC bashing sentence? I think you need to look in the mirror Mr, as you are trying your best just to bash JVC with all your posts and you even started a own tread about it. So I think some self regulation is needed.

Take a look in the VW5000ES tread and see what the owners of these blue ones think of Sony customer service. This is the reality as no company is perfect, and Sony did not bring any updates to the VW300/500 to make them HDR ready. I agree with you they did good when updating the 365/665, but that is not the norm for Sony either.

I admit it with no problem that the JVC models are not perfect and I would also love to see that JVC updated the RSx00 line with the updated HDR settings and other things. And of course there have been many DOA projectors from JVC, but that happens to all companies. I personally have had DOA projectors both from Epson, Sony and JVC, even my first VW1000 (also one VW85 and one VW95) was returned as DOA. I have had one JVC X500 returned as DOA and one Epson TW9300 DOA.

I wonder when we will see Roxie admitting Sony is not perfect...

Last edited by Andreas21; 04-04-2017 at 01:21 AM.
post #2026 of 2201 Old 04-04-2017, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5378 Post(s)
Liked: 5711
Quote:

Take a look in the VW5000ES tread and see what the owners of these blue ones think of Sony customer service.
These guys affected are now fire engine red, no longer blue. They are not getting info from Sony and some are being told there is no stock to replace them.

This is very topical as it relates to the original issue we experienced with the degradation. no one there was running around to help the folks affected and some were getting the 3K:1 units sent back to them un-repaired.

Mark H. mentioned major shifts at Sony years ago, folks from the ES teams being let go, field technicians were also let go. I had a long conversation with the fellow that swapped out my 1000 mobo, he was an experienced Sony field tech for 10+ years and my projector was his last job with them. That same guy perhaps could have been involved with helping repair these folks 60K 5000ES's.
post #2027 of 2201 Old 04-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 2455 Post(s)
Liked: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Tell me about it. A company called DIY Cable made some fantastic drivers. Designed in the US and made in China. DIY Cable came out with a real nice 21" subwoofer driver. Performed very well. The Chinese shop decided to change the glue on some internal parts. Probably to save a few pennies per driver. Well this caused the drivers to fail, making them huge paper weights. Kevin, owner of DIY Cable, reimbursed every customer, telling them to pitch the drivers. Paying everyone back, put him out of business. Shame, since he had such good products. I still have one of his 12" Shiva's and an 18" Mal-X.
They do the same thing with automobiles, a $30,000 to $40,000 car, and they used wires that will corrode or get brittle in just a few years. They could have spent probably $50 more per car to have wires that lasted 20-40 years, and then all these electrical issues wouldn't crop up on used cars. Plus they keep using more and more plastic parts or questionable rubber under the hood.

I was helping a friend on something, and I was joking that we could probably find some replacement parts for his car at Toys 'r Us...

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --

Last edited by coderguy; 04-04-2017 at 07:27 AM.
post #2028 of 2201 Old 04-04-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sony did not bring any updates to the VW300/500 to make them HDR ready.
I talked to Sony about this, actually got what sounded like a tech person on the phone, he said "the light engines on those projectors are so different from the later models, that HDR can not be implemented".
It's up to you weather you believe that or not.
post #2029 of 2201 Old 04-04-2017, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm considering purchasing a second-hand Sony VPL-HW40ES with about 600 hours on it from a non-humid area with pretty moderate temperatures. Is this problem pretty widespread, or is this more of rare issue with a vocal group of effected users? Should I steer clear?

Thanks in advance.
post #2030 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 01:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradandtheater View Post
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm considering purchasing a second-hand Sony VPL-HW40ES with about 600 hours on it from a non-humid area with pretty moderate temperatures. Is this problem pretty widespread, or is this more of rare issue with a vocal group of effected users? Should I steer clear?

Thanks in advance.
It is difficult to know who is telling the exact truth on forums. Look at the collective information in this thread and then make a decision.

I have experience of over 100 units form the first unit - Ruby and up to 2015-year model.

Every unit has gotten the degradation with severe loss of contrast, regardless of humidity and usage pattern - it is a factor of time alone.

Personal this degradtion is a deal-breaker for me. But most users dosent realize this before it is pointed out for them. Even when pointed out many owners dosent care that much. And that is probaly the reason that previous owners keep buying Sony projectors.

I hope when staticics from the 2 latest years is more complete that the degradation is reduced drastically.

Per Johnny
post #2031 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johnny View Post
It is difficult to know who is telling the exact truth on forums. Look at the collective information in this thread and then make a decision.

I have experience of over 100 units form the first unit - Ruby and up to 2015-year model.

Every unit has gotten the degradation with severe loss of contrast, regardless of humidity and usage pattern - it is a factor of time alone.

Personal this degradtion is a deal-breaker for me. But most users dosent realize this before it is pointed out for them. Even when pointed out many owners dosent care that much. And that is probaly the reason that previous owners keep buying Sony projectors.

I hope when staticics from the 2 latest years is more complete that the degradation is reduced drastically.
Thanks for the info Johnny.

How severe is severe if most people don't realize it? Are we talking worse than budget projectors (I'm coming from an Optoma HD25e), or just not as great as it should be when it's fresh out of the box?
post #2032 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:

How severe is severe if most people don't realize it? Are we talking worse than budget projectors (I'm coming from an Optoma HD25e), or just not as great as it should be when it's fresh out of the box?
The contrast drops to different levels, I had a HW55 that "only" dropped to 4500:1 (from around 6500:1 when new) after one year and 1200 hours of use (measured with a new lamp). What was worse on that unit was the gamma drop and grayscale change and you need an external device to fix this on the "older" 1080p units as the Sony Pro software does not work on them. Most of them gets very blue and the internal system does not have enough headroom to correct it and this results in a very blue picture and it gets very distracting in dark scenes. I used a eeColor box with at least a 5000 point 3D LUT to fix the gamma drop and grayscale. The gamut shrink was not fixable.

I have also seen VW1000/1100ES and VW500 drop as low as 2500:1 after a 2-3 years and 1000 hours and these are models with much higher on/off contrast to start with than the HW55. And it is very visible on units dropping from 10000:1 + to 3000:1 or less.

Last edited by Andreas21; 04-05-2017 at 01:39 AM.
post #2033 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 02:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 491 Post(s)
Quoted: 6925 Post(s)
Liked: 6634
Quote:

One day you find yourself thinking hmm The image doesn't really wow me as much as it used to, and then you think hmm were the blacks always that grey looking? Maybe I just remember they used to be better or not really sure...

Its a very slow decline. Or slow enough you never notice until one day you ask yourself those questions.

Thats whet happened in my old 300ES And sure enough when I measured the gamma eventually after 1300 hours it was like 1.8 and all over the place when it should have been 2.4! That was with a maxed out 2.6 correction btw. Just broken.
Andreas21 likes this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2034 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 193
As a current SONY projector owner, I wouldn't buy another SONY projector, period, ESPECIALLY SECOND HAND no matter how "reasonably priced" because all you are doing is buying someone else's problem. As mentioned earlier, ALL of the previous models suffer from panel degradation except maybe the 675 and the jury is still out on that verdict.

Having gone through the same kind of rigamarole with SONY and want to save potential new owners the disappointment and heart ache of spending thousands of dollars on a projector that is proven to be broken and defective right out of the box.

To make a long story very short; my first ever projector, a brand new, "top of the line" highest model 1080p projector SONY sold that year died in less than six months. After sending it back to SONY Repair FOUR separate times and SONY Repair having my projector for a total of over EIGHTEEN MONTHS for various "issues". SONY finally offered to replace it with their next generation projector "for a 'slight additional fee of $600'" which we accepted.

SONY Corp was so recalcitrant it was only after we had gotten our state's attorney general's "consumer affairs" division directly involved and had our attorney send a letter threatening legal action did SONY finally deign to honor their warranty, which in point of fact wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Given our past disastrous experience with SONY "customer service" and SONY Corporation and their ONGOING, KNOWN projector panel degradation issues I staunchly refuse to once again become an unpaid "Beta Tester" for SONY at my own expense.

In spite of years and years of verified proof by literally thousands and thousands of SONY projector owners to this day SONY still refuses to acknowledge or even admit the panel degradation problem even exists to this day! Some owners have spent nearly 30 THOUSAND DOLLARS for projectors that SONY had evidence were defective and broken right out of the box!

My advice: Don't buy a new SONY projector unless and until this panel degradation problem is verified to be completely fixed, and absolutely stay away from older models, ESPECIALLY USED ONES, because, as others have proven they are ALL plagued by this very serious problem.

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
post #2035 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
One day you find yourself thinking hmm The image doesn't really wow me as much as it used to, and then you think hmm were the blacks always that grey looking? Maybe I just remember they used to be better or not really sure...

Its a very slow decline. Or slow enough you never notice until one day you ask yourself those questions.

Thats whet happened in my old 300ES And sure enough when I measured the gamma eventually after 1300 hours it was like 1.8 and all over the place when it should have been 2.4! That was with a maxed out 2.6 correction btw. Just broken.
Javs,
here are your remarks from post 234, VW675ES thread:

By the way I trust Ekki's measurements over anybody here, especially since he has recently updated his 550 review with new serial contrast numbers, meaning he has now measured a bunch of 550's and they range from 15,200-16,200:1 wide open iris, end of story.

Ask Andres what he has measured? Apparently he supports Kris Deerings claim that thew Sony VW665ES is 6500:1. I'll let the two of you figure it out as something is just not right .

In the mean time when my VW675 ( measured 16500:1 range) degrades to the level of the RS4500 ( 7800:1) I still should be in good shape, wouldn't you think, if that ever happens certainly. Maybe it will .

Do I believe Sony perfect as one poster claims? NO. Do I believe Sony had issues ? Absolutely, and they owe it to the owners affected to do something .

Do I believe Sony has 5 layers of protection in place on current models and various layers for past models. Yes I do, the history of decline is proof.

Will current projectors not degrade? Absolutely no person here today can predict what will happen in the future, only time will tell. History has shown that every last manufacturer has stumbled
but lessons are learned and we move on . Those adversely affected make noise, and some will and do burn bridges for ever , totally understandable, they have every right.

I certainly had little issues in the past so I don't have the angst that some do. The protection I had in place obviously spared me from serious degradation and I would like to think this message can
be passed on to others . Like I mentioned before. Even if a certain amount of contrast loss occurs most will not even notice. JVC RS4500 is getting by with 8000:1 native, the dynamic dimming
makes up .

Plenty of owners just like myself got by , some with over 10000 hours . The concentration should be to help the ones still in the quagmire, if we neglect them we are purposely hurting them not Sony.

post #2036 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Javs,
here are your remarks from post 234, VW675ES thread:

By the way I trust Ekki's measurements over anybody here, especially since he has recently updated his 550 review with new serial contrast numbers, meaning he has now measured a bunch of 550's and they range from 15,200-16,200:1 wide open iris, end of story.

Ask Andres what he has measured? Apparently he supports Kris Deerings claim that thew Sony VW665ES is 6500:1. I'll let the two of you figure it out as something is just not right .

In the mean time when my VW675 ( measured 16500:1 range) degrades to the level of the RS4500 ( 7800:1) I still should be in good shape, wouldn't you think, if that ever happens certainly. Maybe it will .

Do I believe Sony perfect as one poster claims? NO. Do I believe Sony had issues ? Absolutely, and they owe it to the owners affected to do something .

Do I believe Sony has 5 layers of protection in place on current models and various layers for past models. Yes I do, the history of decline is proof.

Will current projectors not degrade? Absolutely no person here today can predict what will happen in the future, only time will tell. History has shown that every last manufacturer has stumbled
but lessons are learned and we move on . Those adversely affected make noise, and some will and do burn bridges for ever , totally understandable, they have every right.

I certainly had little issues in the past so I don't have the angst that some do. The protection I had in place obviously spared me from serious degradation and I would like to think this message can
be passed on to others . Like I mentioned before. Even if a certain amount of contrast loss occurs most will not even notice. JVC RS4500 is getting by with 8000:1 native, the dynamic dimming
makes up .

Plenty of owners just like myself got by , some with over 10000 hours . The concentration should be to help the ones still in the quagmire, if we neglect them we are purposely hurting them not Sony.
When have I supported the measurements of Kris on that unit. If you read my posts I have said there must be something wrong with the unit or the degradation has already kicked in. This is just another proof of your hostility against me and it is clear proof you only take out the negatives I write and also use a lot of imagination along the way.

I think this has gone to far now and it is time for you to stop.

I have measured one VW520(665) and it measured 14600:1 -19800:1 depending on iris position and these measurements was taken wide open and completely shut at around mid throw.

And why do you compare with the RS4500?? If your Sony degrades to 8000:1 witch is half of your claimed contrast I dont think you would be very happy. And I doubt there are many users in here with 10000 hours on their VW665 or 675.

Last edited by Andreas21; 04-05-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #2037 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When have I supported the measurements of Kris on that unit. If you read my posts I have said there must be something wrong with the unit or the degradation has already kicked in. This is just another proof of your hostility against me and it is clear proof you only take out the negatives I write and also use a lot of imagination along the way.

I think this has gone to far now and it is time for you to stop.

I have measured one VW520(665) and it measured 14600:1 -19800:1 depending on iris position and these measurements was taken wide open and completely shut at around mid throw.

And why do you compare with the RS4500?? If your Sony degrades to 8000:1 witch is half of your claimed contrast I dont think you would be very happy. And I doubt there are many users in here with 10000 hours on their VW665 or 675.
You "liked" a post where Kris Deering discussed the 6500:1 value measured on the VW665. Did you correct him? NO. Liking the comment is agreement we all know that. The reason you liked it is because I challenged the value and everyone argued in his favor. So, I was right all along, thanks for your confirmation. I said the VW675ES I own measured 16900:1 averaged with two separate meters , I was attacked for that. When it degrades , and it could I'll be happy to share that
as all should know. I don't have to hide things to make a point , others seem to think that's ok though .

I just noticed your remark 16500:1 is your "claimed" contrast. My value is directly in agreement with your measurements that you FINALLY reveal . Like I pointed out the last time,even when I flat out agree with you I'm still "claiming" something. That is simply Hilarious . Yup, I'm the one hostile.

So far I have told the truth , is that what I should stop ? Some times truth is not what people want to hear, nothing I can do about that .

My purpose here is different than yours obviously , I'll continue to try to help and support , you do what you have to do. If it means correcting your silly accusations a thousand times, guess I'll have to
do that too , unfortunately.

Sony screwed up, people affected are trying to work it out, moving forward. That's about it isn't it ?

Last edited by roxiedog13; 04-05-2017 at 08:14 AM.
post #2038 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
You "liked" a post where Kris Deering discussed the 6500:1 value measured on the VW665. Did you correct him? NO. Liking the comment is agreement we all know that. The reason you liked it is because I challenged the value and everyone argued in his favor. So, I was right all along, thanks for your confirmation. I said the VW675ES I own measured 16900:1 averaged with two separate meters , I was attacked for that. When it degrades , and it could I'll be happy to share that
as all should know. I don't have to hide things to make a point , others seem to think that's ok though .

I just noticed your remark 16500:1 is your "claimed" contrast. My value is directly in agreement with your measurements that you FINALLY reveal . Like I pointed out the last time,even when I flat out agree with you I'm still "claiming" something. That is simply Hilarious . Yup, I'm the one hostile.

So far I have told the truth , is that what I should stop ? Some times truth is not what people want to hear, nothing I can do about that .

My purpose here is different than yours obviously , I'll continue to try to help and support , you do what you have to do. If it means correcting your silly accusations a thousand times, guess I'll have to
do that too , unfortunately.

Sony screwed up, people affected are trying to work it out, moving forward. That's about it isn't it ?
I wonder what is wrong with this picture??

I posted my measurements of the 520 long before the post of Kris Deering and if I liked his post it was not for his measurements. I don´t remember if I liked that post, you seem to remember every negative and ignore every positive I write.

When I write your claimed contrast is because I have not seen any data and you claim it, I have never said it was not true (you must remember that English is not my main language). I have said I doubt your measurements of your VW600, but that is because it is way beyond any other measurements of the VW600. I also doubt your VW600 had no degradation as you have never posted any data about grayscale/gamma.

You are trying to help everyone and I am just Satan trying to make Sony go under and I have big interest in JVC and I worship JVC as a God, that must be the truth.

You also claim every post of me here is just silly accusations and misinformation so that must be the truth as well.

Well I guess I should just delete my user in here so everyone in here gets rid of the most annoying user ever at AVSForum...
post #2039 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wonder what is wrong with this picture??

I posted my measurements of the 520 long before the post of Kris Deering and if I liked his post it was not for his measurements. I don´t remember if I liked that post, you seem to remember every negative and ignore every positive I write.

When I write your claimed contrast is because I have not seen any data and you claim it, I have never said it was not true (you must remember that English is not my main language). I have said I doubt your measurements of your VW600, but that is because it is way beyond any other measurements of the VW600. I also doubt your VW600 had no degradation as you have never posted any data about grayscale/gamma.

You are trying to help everyone and I am just Satan trying to make Sony go under and I have big interest in JVC and I worship JVC as a God, that must be the truth.

You also claim every post of me here is just silly accusations and misinformation so that must be the truth as well.

Well I guess I should just delete my user in here so everyone in here gets rid of the most annoying user ever at AVSForum...
You agreed with the 6500:1 by "liking" the post and decisively decided to not correct it. Point I made and you confirmed . I'm sick of your rhetoric going on forever
can't keep up, sorry. All you are doing is derailing the efforts to help others or move forward. Keep on topic this is not JVC vs Sony .

Stay on topic !

post #2040 of 2201 Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You agreed with the 6500:1 by "liking" the post and decisively decided to not correct it. Point I made and you confirmed . I'm sick of your rhetoric going on forever
can't keep up, sorry. All you are doing is derailing the efforts to help others or move forward. Keep on topic this is not JVC vs Sony .

Stay on topic !
Like I said I posted my measurements of the VW520 long before Kris posted his and I posted the numbers 14600:1 - 19800:1 depending on iris position. Why would I then agree with Kris 6500:1 measurement? I have posted my numbers in here several times yet you have not seen them?? And you only put your effort into my liking of Kris post. And since you are investigating all old posts in here could you please tell me the post number and tread and I will gladly unlike if I ever pressed the like button.

You seem to think I only want to hurt Sony as a company and I dont care what happens to the owners of the degraded 1080p and 4K models, I wonder why you make that assumption?

And what help have you posted other than one need a dry and cool environment. I have answered that it might not help as all my Sonys have degraded even if I have a cool and dry environment. And it is not something one should do as electrical equipment should work without degrading in normal situations.

You say this is not JVC vs Sony, but in your JVC not upgrading tread you make sure to mention Sony and how wonderful they are in every post you post in that tread. That is really funny!

And what I think should stop is your hostility towards me and you might breathe easier.

Last edited by Andreas21; 04-05-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page