Originally Posted by Spekkie99
Asking 800 euro is not that bad but its still a lot of money if.....
Worst case, you splash 800 sovs, and it dies in 6 months to a year. Can you stomach that kind of bill?
If so, then IMO, go for it! Although of course only you can decide if it is worth it or not.
The only guarantee you can make is the condition of it when you buy it.
If it deteriorates in the future then you cannot know that now, especially if the picture currently stacks up.
All you can do is treat it sympathetically and don't use it for short periods. i.e. Let it fully warm up and operate for a good period of time.
Constant power cycling and the associated heat and cold cycle, is not good for anything. No guarantees of course but that is a good general rule for anything with moving parts and that generates heat.
I am guessing the warranty is long gone?
Also personally, I would try to negotiate the price down a little citing your concerns over panel longevity...
Can but try.
Second hand goods, always a risk, but you have to weigh that against the saving over new.