Sony VW365ES Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 127Likes

post #361 of 366 Old 02-18-2019, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYRANCH View Post
I’ve been building a home theater for a year now and this weekend the projector was switched on for the first time. I selected the Sony VPLVW365ES and purchased one with very little use on EBay. The Blu-ray’s look beautiful but when we put a 4K disc in the picture is completely distorted (color bursting) in the HDR mode... when that is off the image is flat and colorless. The technician is a bit stumped and wants to do more tests before I give up and send the projector back. I was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance from a very frustrated home theater fan.
I would suggest that you read the regular 285/385 threads. You might want to consider loading the German Curves and settings. You also give very little information on what settings you are using. It is obvious that the technician you had to install the unit has very little knowledge about the settings on this projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Liked: 1094
Quote:
I’ve been building a home theater for a year now and this weekend the projector was switched on for the first time. I selected the Sony VPLVW365ES and purchased one with very little use on EBay. The Blu-ray’s look beautiful but when we put a 4K disc in the picture is completely distorted (color bursting) in the HDR mode... when that is off the image is flat and colorless. The technician is a bit stumped and wants to do more tests before I give up and send the projector back. I was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance from a very frustrated home theater fan.
Hi.
You need to make sure that the HDMI ports on the projector are set to enhanced format and limited dynamic range.
Then you need to make sure the source is set to output full 4k resolution and 10/12 bit colour depth.
What disc player are you using?
Then when you are watching a 4k disc, you need to make sure that HDR (in the picture menu under expert settings) is set to 'auto'.
It make simply be that the previous user has set the contrast/brightness and colour wrong too.
Do a full reset on the unit if all else fails and try again, but if everything in the chain is set to full bandwidth and deep colour etc then the results should be very pleasing when adjusted correctly.

You will be better off asking your question in the 365 owners thread too.

I would also forget about loading gamma curves etc, until you have more of a handle on the machines settings.

rwestley likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.

Last edited by Archibald1; 02-18-2019 at 06:58 AM.
post #363 of 366 Old 02-22-2019, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6661 Post(s)
Liked: 6644
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaunders37 View Post
How heavy is that projector? Wondering if that kind of set up could hold an NX7. Tnx
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
3/4 ply would hold a grown man if you lagged 2" screws into the ceiling joists properly.
I hung from mine I do have an awesome set of tools though lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 366 Old 02-22-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Could be the 4k player and/or its setting. Have had 2, and find that they can be very different in the final results.
post #365 of 366 Old 02-23-2019, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I hung from mine I do have an awesome set of tools though lol

post #366 of 366 Old 03-09-2019, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
You want to never buy a mount again? Build a box out of 3/4" plywood, I used cabinet grade Oak Plywood sold at Home Depot or Lowe's. Mine is 15" X 24" X 24". Used 3 --- 2" wood screws at each joint, I did not 45 Degree the joints by the way, just a standard butt joint. Used the exact same paint that I used for the wall's and ceiling.

---Sounds like with the fan you have in the way you might need to build a shelf as you noted and could use 3/4" plywood with 2x4 supports under it......
Would it be possible to use a DCR lens with this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
hdcp 2.2 , ps4pro , sony vpl-vw365es , VW365ES

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page