Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3510Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3391 of 5637 Old 11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
bontrager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Murrysville, PA
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post
I'm excited for you. I actually decided to slowly acquire JVC glasses from eBay at a discount because I heard the JVC glasses have better brightness than the other generics

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
The JVC glasses are brighter vs the Expand model. I have both
bontrager is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3392 of 5637 Old 11-26-2016, 01:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Macroblocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager View Post
The JVC glasses are brighter vs the Expand model. I have both
really? hmm I'm intrigued , so its enough to notice ? but worth the 100 dollars more? to my surprise the Xpand glasses and the glasses i got with my F8500 Samsung plasma perform the same with the RS400
Macroblocker is offline  
post #3393 of 5637 Old 11-26-2016, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
bontrager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Murrysville, PA
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I switched between both of them while viewing the latest Star Trek DVD and the JVC produced the brighter image of the two; not a huge difference but noticeable.

The brighter the image the more you can appreciated the contrast and brightness of the scene. If the best brightness is important then yes, it's worth it (it is to me, especially when compared to a direct view set)
bontrager is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3394 of 5637 Old 11-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bahn Yuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Send a message via AIM to Bahn Yuki Send a message via MSN to Bahn Yuki Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn Yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Connelly View Post
Anyone have a PS4 Pro connected to one yet and checked lag?

I have a Samsung F9000 that was unplayable unless you put it in Game Mode.

Connecting the PS4 Pro with a native 4K signal I could not select game mode and it ran fantastic and looked even better.

I assume not having to up convert the signal left the processor doing less and lag significantly decreased.

I'm ready to get either the JVC or the Epson. I'd rather have the JVC but FPS gaming is important.
This is not a gaming projector. The lag is insurmountable and there is no "game" mode.

JVC RS400, Denon X6300H, Klipsch RP-280F x 2, RP-450C, RB-51 II x 2, RS-42 II x 2, RB-41 II x 2, R-150M in 7.1.4, 150" Silver Ticket
LG 65C7, Denon X4300H, Klipsch RF-26 x 2, RC-52 II, Onkyo speakers in 5.1.4 setup
TCL 55P605, Klipsch 2.1 Certified THX speakers
Sony 34XBR960 x 2
Bahn Yuki is offline  
post #3395 of 5637 Old 11-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Cripsy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn Yuki View Post
This is not a gaming projector. The lag is insurmountable and there is no "game" mode.

I game on my JVC all the time, I have no issues. The PS4 Pro looks amazing...
Cripsy666 is offline  
post #3396 of 5637 Old 11-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Member
 
blkz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone using zombies baseline calibration with their projector?

Also, on initial setup, what is everyone running thru for picture set up? Focus and pixel adjust?

Specifically I see a lot of guys talking about the pixel menu...what is the goal there, to get the grid perfectly white, or to get the grid sharp??

Any other picture adjustments?

Last edited by blkz06; 11-27-2016 at 07:15 AM.
blkz06 is offline  
post #3397 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
bontrager's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Murrysville, PA
Posts: 599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Would someone please share their HDR set up as far as the options from the menu list. My projector probably won't be calibrated and gamma D is too dark.

I've been told to use the "high" lamp mode along with the "Animation" selection, and I have, but with "D" it's too dark.

Thank you!!!!!
bontrager is offline  
post #3398 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,821
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6313 Post(s)
Liked: 6315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
The problem with HDR and Projectors is that it's a very different context than a TV: brightness levels are lower, and there is substantial variation in projector power, screen size, type and distance, and many other factors. So getting a good HDR result with a projector, JVC or any other type, will require a bit of homework, trial and error.
Thats it right there, hopefully they can figure it out across the board, those are some big obstacles.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #3399 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripsy666 View Post
I game on my JVC all the time, I have no issues. The PS4 Pro looks amazing...
Ok, now it's a fact the projector has well over 100ms lag, In to the 140s in fact with eshift on. That's about the worst lag of Any projector on the market. It's downright awful.

Go online, add ping from PSN and your into 200-300ms response time..... Since PSN is usually around 100 ping.

That's about as bad as it can possibly get.
Bahn Yuki likes this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3400 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
CoryW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 675
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Ok, now it's a fact the projector has well over 100ms lag, In to the 140s in fact with eshift on. That's about the worst lag of Any projector on the market. It's downright awful.

Go online, add ping from PSN and your into 200-300ms response time..... Since PSN is usually around 100 ping.

That's about as bad as it can possibly get.
Well I just got my PS4 and played 2 hours of the new Tomb Raider game. The lag didn't affect me at all. I'm guessing online shooters are a no go. But story modes are possible depending on the game.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
PioManiac likes this.

Thanks!
Cory
Audio: Ascend Acoutics, Sennheiser HD 598, Denon AVR-S710W
Video: JVC RS400, LG OLED B6, 92" DE Abyss screen, HTPC/RTX 2080/i7 8700k 4.8GHz/madVR, Panasonic DMP-UB900
CoryW is offline  
post #3401 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbn008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 801
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
The DI does not function in HDR and most that watch uhd 4k in HDR need the pj to be in in high lamp mode with manual iris full open or pretty close. HDR requires more lumens otherwise it is just to dark. Because of this most prefer SDR BT2020 WCG when watching 4k discs. With all the current 4k players you can only get this combination with the hdfury. Oppo is releasing their lower end 4k player by end of year and at release it also will require the hdfury, but at some point is supposed to gain the ability to provide this combo without the need of the hdfury. Most here have indicated a big preference for the picture quality of the panasonic when doing this conversion, but you can do it with the other players.
In summary, the Samsung and Philips players will only send 4K with HDR? If you want to send 4K with SDR you need the HDFury (or Oppo).

I just bought the RS400 am interested in only the streaming side of 4K. Would I be able to use the Nvidia Shield or something similar to send 4K without HDR or will I run into the same issue as the Ultra Blu ray players?

Thanks for the help
jbn008 is offline  
post #3402 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post
Well I just got my PS4 and played 2 hours of the new Tomb Raider game. The lag didn't affect me at all. I'm guessing online shooters are a no go. But story modes are possible depending on the game.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I've got a dedicated FPS/On-line Epson PJ with ~20ms response lag.
But off-line platform gaming like Tombraider, Uncharted, Last of Us, Fallout, Forza Horizon 3
the input lag on my JVC X750(RS500) is a Non-Issue.

(PS3/PS4,XB360/XBO)

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...l#post47449649



I've been gaming since the 70's Pong and Atari 2600
Played hardcore COD right up to MW3 online and retired from online play after Ghosts.
If you think 130ms (1/8th of a second) is too much lag for off-line gaming, well hate to say it but, You Suck and should retire lol!

Some images are a little blurry, (did not pause)























Gears of War 4 looks pretty good too...







CoryW, nucky and Modicen like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 11-27-2016 at 05:57 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #3403 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I've got a dedicated FPS/On-line Epson PJ with ~20ms response lag.
But off-line platform gaming like Tombraider, Uncharted, Last of Us, Fallout, Forza Horizon 3
the input lag on my JVC X750(RS500) is a Non-Issue.

(PS3/PS4,XB360/XBO)

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...l#post47449649



I've been gaming since the 70's Pong and Atari 2600
Played hardcore COD right up to MW3 online and retired from online play after Ghosts.
If you think 130ms (1/8th of a second) is too much lag for off-line gaming, well hate to say it but, You Suck and should retire lol!

Some images are a little blurry, (did not pause)























Gears of War 4 looks pretty good too...







If you think 130ms lag is acceptable, YOU would be the terrible gamer I'm afraid lol. It's literally the worst lag there is on any tv or projector but your ok with that lol
It's not that games dont look good but dude, let's get into 2016 here, that's 100% unacceptable lag for this day and age.

Go look at the oled pages, they have 80ms lag and they signed a freaking petition that got thousands of signatures that lg actually came out and fully acknowledged it and said it's a issue and they are specifically coming out with a firmware to fix it.... Like really man. If you can notice 130ms lag, I don't know what to say, that's massive.
Bahn Yuki and Threefiddie like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3404 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post
In summary, the Samsung and Philips players will only send 4K with HDR? If you want to send 4K with SDR you need the HDFury (or Oppo).

I just bought the RS400 am interested in only the streaming side of 4K. Would I be able to use the Nvidia Shield or something similar to send 4K without HDR or will I run into the same issue as the Ultra Blu ray players?

Thanks for the help
It is a bit more complicated, if you want 4k proper tone mapped bt.2020/wide color gamut you will need panasonic player with hdfury, samsung with hdfury will also do 4k/bt.2020/WCG, but doesn't map tones correctly. I am unsure about the phillips player, but it probably does it, but the mapping may be incorrect. If you are only concerned about 4k streaming most stuff available isn't HDR so most players will be fine and no need for hdfury. I use the samsung player with hdfury for all of my streaming (Amazon, Netflix & You Tube) and most of the time I don't need the hdfury because I just watch it however it comes. If HDR, then I watch it that way unless it is just too dark. I use the panasonic for all my 4k uhd discs with the hdfury set to have the player send 4K/SDR/BT.2020/WCG without HDR. I never watch discs in HDR anymore. All the rest of my digital media (ripped DVD/BD/3D Movies/Concerts, Live & Recorded OTA TV & Lossless FLAC music) are played with HTPC and JRiver.
VideoGrabber likes this.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
HTPCat is offline  
post #3405 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
If you think 130ms lag is acceptable, YOU would be the terrible gamer I'm afraid lol. It's literally the worst lag there is on any tv or projector but your ok with that lol
It's not that games dont look good but dude, let's get into 2016 here, that's 100% unacceptable lag for this day and age.

Go look at the oled pages, they have 80ms lag and they signed a freaking petition that got thousands of signatures that lg actually came out and fully acknowledged it and said it's a issue and they are specifically coming out with a firmware to fix it.... Like really man. If you can notice 130ms lag, I don't know what to say, that's massive.
130ms Lag = 1/8th of a second and means FA if playing off line.

I'm Sure its the difference between life and death if you're in an on-line FPS match.
It's a totally different game when playing off-line campaign single player.

I played a Blops 9 vs 1 in combat training, Veteran mode, with an L96A1 Sniper
May have missed a few one shot kills but still got my SR71 and Chopper Gunner,
and just one kill short of getting my Dogs...

















If 1/8 of a second is killing your offline game play,
well you flat out Suck and should retire your console to the nearest pawn shop.
nucky, lizrussspike and Cripsy666 like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 11-28-2016 at 08:24 AM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #3406 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
I don't play fps on a console, I'm not 12 lol.
It's got nothing to do with scores on games, most people enjoy online play, maybe not you and that's fine but some of us do. You go play on something with 30ms them go on the projector at 130ms and you tell me there's not a difference. It's extremely noticeable to anyone.

I personally knew going in the JVC sucked for gaming and bought a seperate projector to game on but man it would be sweet for a low lag mode so I didn't need 2.
You literally sound like my dad saying he can't see the difference between DVD and Blu-ray
Bahn Yuki and Ronman79 like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3407 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I don't play fps on a console, I'm not 12 lol.
It's got nothing to do with scores on games, most people enjoy online play, maybe not you and that's fine but some of us do. You go play on something with 30ms them go on the projector at 130ms and you tell me there's not a difference. It's extremely noticeable to anyone.

I personally knew going in the JVC sucked for gaming and bought a seperate projector to game on but man it would be sweet for a low lag mode so I didn't need 2.
You literally sound like my dad saying he can't see the difference between DVD and Blu-ray
Perhaps you missed it,
But I have a 20ms response lag Epson 1080UB projector with Pixel worx chipset
arguably the best in its class for over a decade.

My AVR has two HDMI outs and I can pick either projector for game play
The lower input lag is only required for online FPS gaming, Totally not needed for off line campaing play (as was requested when I replied appropriately)

Ronman79 likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #3408 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...DjFn0VTCKzgCCg

This is the difference between 10ms and around 30ms (he says 20 but the tv is actually 28ms)

Now think of the difference between 10ms and 130ms if its like than between 10ms and 30ms.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3409 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Perhaps you missed it,
But I have a 20ms response lag Epson 1080UB projector with Pixel worx chipset
arguably the best in its class for over a decade.

My AVR has two HDMI outs and I can pick either projector for game play we
The lower input lag is only required for online FPR gaming, Totally not needed for off line campaing play (as was requested when I replied appropriately)

I was talking about the JVC lag

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3410 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I was talking about the JVC lag
I have TWO projectors and 20 ms to 130ms = less than 1/8 of a second

Off line play make no difference which one I choose.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #3411 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
k3nnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Perhaps you missed it,

But I have a 20ms response lag Epson 1080UB projector with Pixel worx chipset

arguably the best in its class for over a decade.



My AVR has two HDMI outs and I can pick either projector for game play

The lower input lag is only required for online FPS gaming, Totally not needed for off line campaing play (as was requested when I replied appropriately)





But the Epson 1080 can't game at faux 4K


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k3nnis is offline  
post #3412 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I have TWO projectors and 20 ms to 130ms = less than 1/8 of a second

Off line play make no difference which one I choose.
Umm, you still have the lag offline.... It doesn't magically disappear you notice it more online because you are adding in PSN lag, making the issue worse.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3413 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nnis View Post
But the Epson 1080 can't game at faux 4K


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to break it to you , but Faux K is still 1080p
and even if you have an XBO S it still cant game with HDR on an Espon 5040

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
PioManiac is offline  
post #3414 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
k3nnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Hate to break it to you , but Faux K is still 1080p

and even if you have an XBO S it still cant game with HDR on an Espon 5040


Yeah I know PS4 pro
Could add the linker


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k3nnis is offline  
post #3415 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Umm, you still have the lag offline.... It doesn't magically disappear you notice it more online because you are adding in PSN lag, making the issue worse.
Obviously not enough to matter if you're good enough,
I clearly went positive playing offline 9v1 in Veteran mode with just a sniper rifle.

How many times do I need to differentiate between offline and online play???

Not everyone wants/needs to play competitive online matches to enjoy game consoles.

130ms = less than 1/8 of a second
some people make that seem like a game killer

I say its a n00b eliminator
sell your console to the pawn shop because you Suck
Lag is the most common B.S. excuse for losers getting owned -FACT

nucky and Cripsy666 like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 11-27-2016 at 07:59 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #3416 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Macroblocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager View Post
Would someone please share their HDR set up as far as the options from the menu list. My projector probably won't be calibrated and gamma D is too dark.

I've been told to use the "high" lamp mode along with the "Animation" selection, and I have, but with "D" it's too dark.

Thank you!!!!!
I had the same issue but here are JVCs settings which will give you a very nice image


http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/d...rs400_uhd.html

Last edited by Macroblocker; 11-28-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Macroblocker is offline  
post #3417 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Member
 
blkz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Great images off the gaming setup, guys!

Can I get some help on an issue I have with my projector?

I have Directv, and on some of the channels I'm getting a area of missing picture approx 1" or so off the bottom of the screen. Most channels are fine, but I have several with this problem. Can anyone tell me what it might be?

Setup grid lines up and everything is square, so its not a projector setup issue. If it was, it would do it on every channel.

See attached pic.

(excuse the temporary soundbar setup)


Last edited by blkz06; 11-27-2016 at 08:08 PM.
blkz06 is offline  
post #3418 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
N8DOGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,480
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Obviously not enough to matter if you're good enough,
I clearly went positive playing offline 9v1 in Veteran mode with just a sniper rifle.

How many times do I need to differentiate between offline and online play???

Not everyone wants/needs to play competitive online matches to enjoy game consoles.

Did you just seriously brag about doing well in a offline game mode? I can honestly say, I've never ever read/seen anyone ever say that before. Yikes man.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

N8DOGG is offline  
post #3419 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PioManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,046
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3069 Post(s)
Liked: 7414
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Did you just seriously brag about doing well in a offline game mode? I can honestly say, I've never ever read/seen anyone ever say that before. Yikes man.
I guess you Totally missed the fact that this entire discussion was started with this post
you know, the one inquiring about off line game play on a JVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post
Well I just got my PS4 and played 2 hours of the new Tomb Raider game. The lag didn't affect me at all. I'm guessing online shooters are a no go. But story modes are possible depending on the game.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
To which I responded with a YES, off line campaign gaming is great with a JVC


Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

You literally sound like my dad saying he can't see the difference between DVD and Blu-ray
You literally sound like my kid who can't understand why I spent over $30k on a home theater
when he can simply watch the same movies on his i-phone.

CoryW likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD

Last edited by PioManiac; 11-27-2016 at 08:49 PM.
PioManiac is offline  
post #3420 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ronman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 192
@N8DOGG @PioManiac ,

Hopefully JVC reads these threads, and hopefully they will do something about it. Regardless of how happy anyone CAN be with the playability of OFFLINE games, it's obvious to MOST of you that online IS a problem. If others can do it, JVC can. There's NO excuse. Take out some of the processing with a "gaming" mode, if need be....It's the main factor keeping me from buying a JVC at this point.........

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
Bahn Yuki and Dandlj like this.

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
Ronman79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off