Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3510Likes

post #3421 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
100% agreed there has got to be something they can do if they wanted to. It just sucks that they don't.... But you'd better believe that will be a feature in the next gen units lol
Ronman79 and Dandlj like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Except this has been an issue with JVCs for years, never corrected, and nothing officially announced that they will remedy anything.....

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #3423 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman79 View Post
Except this has been an issue with JVCs for years, never corrected, and nothing officially announced that they will remedy anything.....

or perhaps they focus their production toward grown ups who don't play games anymore.

When's the last time you saw a Mercedes or Aston Martin with a massive wing on the deck lid like a Subaru?

Just Sayin'
Ronman79, freestylr and Cripsy666 like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3424 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Yet, you're in your 50s, own a JVC, and play games.... Either way, from what I can tell from your posts, you play more than I do, and even I can see that it would be beneficial to have lag comparability.

Bahn Yuki likes this.

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #3425 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

They lose nothing from adding a gaming "mode". They gain quite a larger base...

Dandlj likes this.

post #3426 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Quoted: 3067 Post(s)
Liked: 7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman79 View Post
Yet, you're in your 50s, own a JVC, and play games.... Either way, from what I can tell from your posts, you play more than I do, and even I can see that it would be beneficial to have lag comparability.

I have two projectors to choose from, a 20ms Epson or 130ms JVC
But the JVC is adequate for my current needs (off line) so I rarely use my Epson.

My question to you, if you game even less than me,
is why are you still on the fence?

If the best native contrast for movies is a top priority,
JVC is hands down the winner, the only reason to pick the Epson
(IMHO) is for reduced on-line gaming lag.

Those who want the best of both worlds have two projectors,
one for gaming (low Lag DLP preferred) and one for movies (JVC)

if you want "one ring to rule them all"
then by all means sit on the sidelines for a couple more years,
it may never happen at all, so what have you really gained by being a nobody on the sidelines chirping at the real players while the rest of us are actually playing in the game?

You may be the wiser,only time will tell
...for now all I can say is I'm enjoying it ALL and having a blast!
Ronman79 and freestylr like this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
post #3427 of 5637 Old 11-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I have two projectors to choose from, a 20ms Epson or 130ms JVC
But the JVC is adequate for my current needs (off line) so I rarely use my Epson.

My question to you, if you game even less than me,
is why are you still on the fence?

If the best native contrast for movies is a top priority,
JVC is hands down the winner, the only reason to pick the Epson
(IMHO) is for reduced on-line gaming lag.

Those who want the best of both worlds have two projectors,
one for gaming (low Lag DLP preferred) and one for movies (JVC)

if you want "one ring to rule them all"
then by all means sit on the sidelines for a couple more years,
it may never happen at all, so what have you really gained by being a nobody on the sidelines chirping at the real players while the rest of us are actually playing in the game?

You may be the wiser,only time will tell
...for now all I can say is I'm enjoying it ALL and having a blast!
Point taken (like a man)! The only reason I'm on the fence, at the sidelines, is because I won't be ready with the renovation until first quarter of the new year. I figure I'm about three months or so out. Anyway, I can sit back and figure the best option for me in the meantime. And to answer your question... Though optimal PQ is my goal for movies, even a little gaming action would be great online if the pro was capable. Rumor has it.......

PioManiac likes this.

post #3428 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
I had the same issue but here are JVCs settings which will give you a very nice image

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/d...rs400_uhd.html
Thank you for the info. I did try the exact setting and the picture was still to dark. If I use Gamma a/b/c the picture is much brighter.

I an using an a/v splitter form monoprice that claims it's 2.0/2.2 compliant ( but it doesn't say anything about supporting "deep color". Could that be the problem? They do have one that says 2.0/2.2 compliant that supports "deep color" but it's $150.00 more expensive

Since this projector doesn't have a HDR on/off setting maybe ant gamma selection can be used?????????

I went that way since I didn't have an amplifier that has hdcp 2.0 compliant HDMI in and out. Using all tube equipment.

Are you going thru an amp and if so what Manufacture?

Thank you
post #3429 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 07:20 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2661 Post(s)
Liked: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
100% agreed there has got to be something they can do if they wanted to. It just sucks that they don't.... But you'd better believe that will be a feature in the next gen units lol
I wont believe it until it's announced. People have been asking for a low lag/gaming mode on the JVCs since the RS1 and it's never happened. The only reason there is more hope for the next round of JVCs that should get announced at Cedia in Sept (or maybe even the updated models that are supposed to hit soon) to have a gaming mode is because the new 4k unit has one, but again I wouldn't count on that until/if it happens.

A low lag mode and laser would definitely get me on a preorder list though later this year and move on from my RS45.
post #3430 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post
In summary, the Samsung and Philips players will only send 4K with HDR? If you want to send 4K with SDR you need the HDFury (or Oppo).

I just bought the RS400 am interested in only the streaming side of 4K. Would I be able to use the Nvidia Shield or something similar to send 4K without HDR or will I run into the same issue as the Ultra Blu ray players?

Thanks for the help
It is a bit more complicated, if you want 4k proper tone mapped bt.2020/wide color gamut you will need panasonic player with hdfury, samsung with hdfury will also do 4k/bt.2020/WCG, but doesn't map tones correctly. I am unsure about the phillips player, but it probably does it, but the mapping may be incorrect. If you are only concerned about 4k streaming most stuff available isn't HDR so most players will be fine and no need for hdfury. I use the samsung player with hdfury for all of my streaming (Amazon, Netflix & You Tube) and most of the time I don't need the hdfury because I just watch it however it comes. If HDR, then I watch it that way unless it is just too dark. I use the panasonic for all my 4k uhd discs with the hdfury set to have the player send 4K/SDR/BT.2020/WCG without HDR. I never watch discs in HDR anymore. All the rest of my digital media (ripped DVD/BD/3D Movies/Concerts, Live & Recorded OTA TV & Lossless FLAC music) are played with HTPC and JRiver.
I really appreciate it. Thank you
post #3431 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I am interested in purchasing the RS400U, but I have a mounting limitation of 11' 6" distance from projector to screen.

I am wanting to go with a 106" 16:9 screen. According to projector central and JVC's own calculator, it looks like I'm fine (although near the limit), but I wanted to get anyone's real world advice.

How accurate are the specs from JVC? If they say it will work, is that a safe assumption that it will?

Also, does the vertical lens shift effect those numbers?

Thanks
post #3432 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Are your measurements from lens to screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post
I am interested in purchasing the RS400U, but I have a mounting limitation of 11' 6" distance from projector to screen.

I am wanting to go with a 106" 16:9 screen. According to projector central and JVC's own calculator, it looks like I'm fine (although near the limit), but I wanted to get anyone's real world advice.

How accurate are the specs from JVC? If they say it will work, is that a safe assumption that it will?

Also, does the vertical lens shift effect those numbers?

Thanks
post #3433 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 88
If the lens is inset a bit, then the distance would be slightly more. 11'6" is the farthest the front of the projector can be mounted, for various reasons.
post #3434 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post
If the lens is inset a bit, then the distance would be slightly more. 11'6" is the farthest the front of the projector can be mounted, for various reasons.
Using the calculator at max zoom, you can have it at 10'10" for a 106" image 16:9. So you will be safe.
post #3435 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I wont believe it until it's announced. People have been asking for a low lag/gaming mode on the JVCs since the RS1 and it's never happened. The only reason there is more hope for the next round of JVCs that should get announced at Cedia in Sept (or maybe even the updated models that are supposed to hit soon) to have a gaming mode is because the new 4k unit has one, but again I wouldn't count on that until/if it happens.

A low lag mode and laser would definitely get me on a preorder list though later this year and move on from my RS45.

Any "gaming mode" on a display device usually reduces pic quality to improve frame rate. If you are worried about the 1/8 of a second lag time, use it as a handicap then... if you can win with a handicap, then you are already better than the rest!
(y)
HTPCat likes this.
post #3436 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 26
For starters this may be player specific I have a Roku Ultra.

When playing HDR content I noticed dark scenes were SUPER dark. Unseeable. So I play around started watching Goliath in SDR and HDR and checking the same scene (end of episode 5, where they are talking in a dark room). In HDR I could barely see the people. In SDR I could see them pretty easily. I tried messing around with settings. High or Low Lamp, Aperture could not make up the overall luminance level difference. Then I tried switching around Input Level. (For reference prior to this I have used SuperWhite for SDR and HDR on both the Roku and my HTPC playing 1080p Blurays). So I tried Standard, some luminance increase. Then I tried Enchanced, which shockingly made the overall luminance levels very similar to SDR version.

Does Enhanced Input Level sound correct for HDR? Has anyone tried it with any luck? Perhaps its player or content specific (the latter would absolutely suck)?
post #3437 of 5637 Old 11-28-2016, 11:55 PM
Ix
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Everything being in the eye of the beholder - lots of people enjoy HDR on this PJ with JVC settings and don't mind darker images - true HDR is still firmly in the realm of good LCD/OLED TV sets, in my opinion. Right now they are the only devices bright enough to truly take advantage of the expanded range. No sub $15k PJ I know of puts out enough lumens for it in any mode with any calibration settings, though as I said up front, plenty of people have found settings they genuinely like or at least tolerate.

The best compromise, and likely to stay that way until higher power lamps are more common, is to use the HDFury with a good UHD player (Panny or Philips) to strip HDR while keeping the expanded color gamut. It's not "true" HDR but it does look noticeably punchier than SDR with most material and you can get it bright enough to satisfy most any screen/environment. This method works especially well with the current JVCs because the excellent native contrast already does a fantastic job and the extra color space adds punch. Which is why it's so popular with JVC owners.

I use the Fury with the Philips player and my RS400. Took a lot of tweaking but it looks great. Some days I admit wondering why I bothered since there isn't that much HDR content worth watching out anyway; most of my viewing is still SDR BD and Direct TV. For when I do watch HDR though, it is very very good. Pacific Rim is the first UHD since Fury Road for me where I really appreciated the difference (vs. the SDR BD).
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #3438 of 5637 Old 11-29-2016, 12:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager View Post
Thank you for the info. I did try the exact setting and the picture was still to dark. If I use Gamma a/b/c the picture is much brighter.

I an using an a/v splitter form monoprice that claims it's 2.0/2.2 compliant ( but it doesn't say anything about supporting "deep color". Could that be the problem? They do have one that says 2.0/2.2 compliant that supports "deep color" but it's $150.00 more expensive

Since this projector doesn't have a HDR on/off setting maybe ant gamma selection can be used?????????

I went that way since I didn't have an amplifier that has hdcp 2.0 compliant HDMI in and out. Using all tube equipment.

Are you going thru an amp and if so what Manufacture?

Thank you
I have a 109" 2:35 1.0 gain screen with lens to screen about 14ft , I'm not sure how big your screen is but JVCs settings are for a 100"16:9 screen so if you have anything bigger you need to bring the picture tone up higher than 12 , I'm at 14 at the moment. my Samsung player is hooked directly to the projector because my Marantz preamp is not HDCP 2.2 compatible. as with many here with long cable runs ( 40ft active HDMI in my case) i can't get the menu to lock in until i put a movie in. play with the tone and or the gamma till you get something you like.
post #3439 of 5637 Old 11-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrenata View Post
For starters this may be player specific I have a Roku Ultra.

When playing HDR content I noticed dark scenes were SUPER dark. Unseeable. So I play around started watching Goliath in SDR and HDR and checking the same scene (end of episode 5, where they are talking in a dark room). In HDR I could barely see the people. In SDR I could see them pretty easily. I tried messing around with settings. High or Low Lamp, Aperture could not make up the overall luminance level difference. Then I tried switching around Input Level. (For reference prior to this I have used SuperWhite for SDR and HDR on both the Roku and my HTPC playing 1080p Blurays). So I tried Standard, some luminance increase. Then I tried Enchanced, which shockingly made the overall luminance levels very similar to SDR version.

Does Enhanced Input Level sound correct for HDR? Has anyone tried it with any luck? Perhaps its player or content specific (the latter would absolutely suck)?
Try increasing the contrast on the JVC. I have mine at 15 for Amazon HDR. It seems to be a bug somewhere... whether with Amazon or JVC or Roku... though I recently noticed my Samsung UHD player has the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Cory
Audio: Ascend Acoutics, Sennheiser HD 598, Denon AVR-S710W
Video: JVC RS400, LG OLED B6, 92" DE Abyss screen, HTPC/RTX 2080/i7 8700k 4.8GHz/madVR, Panasonic DMP-UB900
post #3440 of 5637 Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post
Try increasing the contrast on the JVC. I have mine at 15 for Amazon HDR. It seems to be a bug somewhere... whether with Amazon or JVC or Roku... though I recently noticed my Samsung UHD player has the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I'll try when I get home. I'm really curious though if Enhanced makes sense. It looks like it gets the right luminance levels overall, and there doesn't really seem to be a lot of information regarding input level and HDR in general out there. Also I think the luminance levels on Netflix stuff was too low as well, but it will be harder for me to check.
post #3441 of 5637 Old 11-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
Great images off the gaming setup, guys!

Can I get some help on an issue I have with my projector?

I have Directv, and on some of the channels I'm getting a area of missing picture approx 1" or so off the bottom of the screen. Most channels are fine, but I have several with this problem. Can anyone tell me what it might be?

Setup grid lines up and everything is square, so its not a projector setup issue. If it was, it would do it on every channel.

See attached pic.

(excuse the temporary soundbar setup)

Anyone have a guess as to what this might be?

Sorry to ask again, but I'm trying to narrow it down to a DirecTV issue, which I think it is.

Sometimes the "blank" line is at the top, sometimes its at the bottom...depending on which network channel its on. Some channels its only 1/4" wide, a couple channels its around 1".

No issue with ESPN or HBO HD channels.

Is it some sort of overscan issue with the network channels?
post #3442 of 5637 Old 11-30-2016, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Well, the tech at JVC suggested that I use the "Animation" selection for my picture mode and high lamp mode. I am using any other Gamma setting than "D" with much better results on a 92" high contrast white Day-Lite screen (inexpensive)

Give it a try. Don't think that it can ever compete with a direct view set as far as HDR is concerned. I almost returned it for a 75" LG with HDR and Dolby Vision but decided against it.

Didn't want to lose the extra diagonal 17"

Last edited by bontrager; 11-30-2016 at 04:58 AM. Reason: add info
post #3443 of 5637 Old 11-30-2016, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix View Post
Everything being in the eye of the beholder - lots of people enjoy HDR on this PJ with JVC settings and don't mind darker images - true HDR is still firmly in the realm of good LCD/OLED TV sets, in my opinion. Right now they are the only devices bright enough to truly take advantage of the expanded range. No sub $15k PJ I know of puts out enough lumens for it in any mode with any calibration settings, though as I said up front, plenty of people have found settings they genuinely like or at least tolerate.

The best compromise, and likely to stay that way until higher power lamps are more common, is to use the HDFury with a good UHD player (Panny or Philips) to strip HDR while keeping the expanded color gamut. It's not "true" HDR but it does look noticeably punchier than SDR with most material and you can get it bright enough to satisfy most any screen/environment. This method works especially well with the current JVCs because the excellent native contrast already does a fantastic job and the extra color space adds punch. Which is why it's so popular with JVC owners.

I use the Fury with the Philips player and my RS400. Took a lot of tweaking but it looks great. Some days I admit wondering why I bothered since there isn't that much HDR content worth watching out anyway; most of my viewing is still SDR BD and Direct TV. For when I do watch HDR though, it is very very good. Pacific Rim is the first UHD since Fury Road for me where I really appreciated the difference (vs. the SDR BD).
This is what I've seen most people doing who have had success with the JVC. Personally I'm waiting with the hope that the Oppo 203 will allow me to strip the HDR and preserve the expanded color gamut. If not then I will probably move towards the same method of buying an HDFury and seeing what that does.

As far as picture quality I went forward about 2 weeks ago and calibrated my projector using a Spyder 5 and the JVC autocal. I was a bit skeptical at first considering how good my picture looked already, but the results speak for themselves. I'm curious how this is going to effect how things look when using UHD (still waiting on Oppo before jumping to UHD). Regardless however, I strongly encourage everybody who hasn't calibrated their projector to do it. It made a big difference and was relatively easy to do following the instructions (and his calibrated file as a starting point) from AVS user Manni01 in the calibration thread.

My Theater: The Ugly Theater
post #3444 of 5637 Old 11-30-2016, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
This is what I've seen most people doing who have had success with the JVC. Personally I'm waiting with the hope that the Oppo 203 will allow me to strip the HDR and preserve the expanded color gamut. If not then I will probably move towards the same method of buying an HDFury and seeing what that does.
So if Oppo 203 provides a way to strip HDR for UHD BDs, that's good, but they've stated they're not including streaming apps. don't people also want to strip HDR from streaming 4K? or is that even possible with the HD Fury/Linker? Just trying to figure out if you stream 4K HDR and want to strip its HDR if that's even possible with the HD Fury/Linker. If it isn't possible then the Oppo 203 sounds like a much simpler way to strip HDR from UHD BDs.

Last edited by WynsWrld98; 11-30-2016 at 03:28 PM.
post #3445 of 5637 Old 11-30-2016, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
So if Oppo 203 provides a way to strip HDR for UHD BDs, that's good, but they've stated they're not including streaming apps. don't people also want to strip HDR from streaming 4K? or is that even possible with the HD Fury/Linker? Just trying to figure out if you stream 4K HDR and want to strip its HDR if that's even possible with the HD Fury/Linker. If it isn't possible then the Oppo 203 sounds like a much simpler way to strip HDR from UHD BDs.
There have been some reports that oppo will not include this feature at release, but will provide it later as an fw update. There isnt a lot of 4k hdr streaming shows available and the ones I have watched vary. I mostly use the hdfury and play them as SDR/WCG. Since there isn't a lot of hdr streaming content, I don't think it posses much of an issue.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
post #3446 of 5637 Old 12-01-2016, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

1) I am currently using Manni's 2020NF profile when viewing 4k with the recommended picture tone settings from JVC's website for HDR, but was wondering if anyone made any changes to the brightness/contrast...and if so, what is recommended. I understand it varies per room/viewer etc, but just wanted to get a sense of what others have.

2) Are people watching UHD with [email protected] with 4:4:4 chroma? 10 bit? 12 bit? Would I have to make any changes to my UHD player (Xbox One S at the moment)?

3) Could anyone share their 3D settings?

4) Could anyone share their 1080p bluray settings? Currently using Manni's color profile for 1080p viewing but I did not adjust anything else.

I know this is a loaded post but i would seriously appreciate any feedback/answers regarding this. Thank you. I'm still learning!
post #3447 of 5637 Old 12-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 159
About to be a new owner of a rs400. I started on page one and was getting confused on all the upgrades and things that came along of the time of it lifespan.

Can anyone be so kindly to give me some for sure to do once I receive it.
I am coming from a Rs46.

I have a x5200 avr so it's not 2.2. Was told to run one cable audio to avr and one video cable hdmi to projector just for video for the 4k.
I have not purchased a 4K player yet any recommends right now that I can use before the oppo?

Could really use some help thanks
post #3448 of 5637 Old 12-01-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
About to be a new owner of a rs400. I started on page one and was getting confused on all the upgrades and things that came along of the time of it lifespan.

Can anyone be so kindly to give me some for sure to do once I receive it.
I am coming from a Rs46.

I have a x5200 avr so it's not 2.2. Was told to run one cable audio to avr and one video cable hdmi to projector just for video for the 4k.
I have not purchased a 4K player yet any recommends right now that I can use before the oppo?

Could really use some help thanks
i can tell you my setup, i have the Samsung k8500 4K player (on sale now) with a Marantz 7702 preamp and the JVC RS400 , i connect the Samsung directly to the JVC and have the audio out connected to one of the HDMI inputs on the Marantz. everything works as advertised.
post #3449 of 5637 Old 12-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Ok thanks for the response easy enough.

I was getting confused by the the bt2020 or wcg saying I need A hd fury.
Do I have to buy that I order to still get the higher quality
post #3450 of 5637 Old 12-01-2016, 12:25 PM

Also upscaling of just regular blurays to 4K with eshift is this controlled and done by the projector or the actual 4K bluray player allowing it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page