Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3557Likes

post #4231 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 03:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
Yes with the hdfury linker.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Its so much info in these three model treads i have no clue where to start looking for info on that could you point me in the right direction please ?
srinivas1015 likes this.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
JVC RS400U and ISCO II anamorphic lens

I haven't been on the forum in a long time and I'm sure this is covered already somewhere. If someone knows the best answer or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. I will get to my question soon. I just wanted to explain where I'm coming from first. I still get easily confused by all the choices available with different aspect ratios and what settings to use with anamorphic lenses etc,etc, especially since I'm getting older and almost 80 now. Thank goodness I still have excellent vision and can appreciate all the good things coming our way in audio and video. This has been a hobby since I was 12 years old.

I'm replacing my JVC RS40U with the RS400U. I've been using an ISCO II anamorphic lens for years very happily. I have a DIY screen that is 66"X116" for 16X9 and masks down to 52.5"X116" for widescreen movies etc. with a masking system that I built with help from others on the forum. If I want to go from 16X9 to a widescreen format I just activate the masking system to go to a widescreen format and the anamorphic lens stays there all the time. I don't worry about the different widescreen aspect ratios since I can zoom it in or out a little so that the masking system hides the edge of the image and enhances the apparent contrast ratio.

This is my 4th projector. I started with an Aquastar III CRT projector in 1984 and then moved on to a JVC G15 about 10 years later and then on to JVC RS40U a few years ago and have decided to upgrade to a JVC RS400U now to get a brighter image with HDR and increased resolution from a new OPPO. I'm upgrading from the 103 to the new OPPO UDP-203 Ultra Blu-ray player.

My question is whether it is still an advantage to continue to use the ISCO II anamorphic lens and if so what settings to use on the projector in so far as the aspect ratio etc. One of my primary goals is to use all of the pixels available in these projectors to get the best image possible rather than wasting pixels just projecting black bars onto the masking system or the wall above and below the screen.

Thanks, Larry Raulston

Last edited by Larry Raulston; 04-22-2017 at 09:23 AM.
post #4233 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Its so much info in these three model treads i have no clue where to start looking for info on that could you point me in the right direction please ?

forum member zombie10k is a good resource.

There is lots of information in multiple threads, but a good start would be in the JVC RS500/600 thread at about this point

HDfury responds quickly to most questions so you probably want to look here

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4234 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hi All - I just had a few questions and was hoping someone could help me or direct me:

1) Which input mode should one set their JVC at for 4K viewing and 1080p viewing? Enhanced vs Standard vs Super White?

2) For some reason, while I can select 4:4:4 Chroma on my JVC for color space, it always shows as RGB on info when I'm playing a 4k UHD movie (Revenant). Am I doing something wrong?

I currently have my JVC rs400u connected to my Denon x2200w AVR and my XBOX ONE S as my 4k player connected to the AVR. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
post #4235 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 12791 Post(s)
Liked: 10427
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Raulston View Post
I haven't been on the forum in a long time and I'm sure this is covered already somewhere. If someone knows the best answer or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. I will get to my question soon. I just wanted to explain where I'm coming from first. I still get easily confused by all the choices available with different aspect ratios and what settings to use with anamorphic lenses etc,etc, especially since I'm getting older and almost 80 now. Thank goodness I still have excellent vision and can appreciate all the good things coming our way in audio and video. This has been a hobby since I was 12 years old.

I'm replacing my JVC RS40U with the RS400U. I've been using an ISCO II anamorphic lens for years very happily. I have a DIY screen that is 66"X116" for 16X9 and masks down to 52.5"X116" for widescreen movies etc. with a masking system that I built with help from others on the forum. If I want to go from 16X9 to a widescreen format I just activate the masking system to go to a widescreen format and the anamorphic lens stays there all the time. I don't worry about the different widescreen aspect ratios since I can zoom it in or out a little so that the masking system hides the edge of the image and enhances the apparent contrast ratio.

This is my 4th projector. I started with an Aquastar III CRT projector in 1984 and then moved on to a JVC G15 about 10 years later and then on to JVC RS40U a few years ago and have decided to upgrade to a JVC RS400U now to get a brighter image with HDR and increased resolution from a new OPPO. I'm upgrading from the 103 to the new OPPO UDP-203 Ultra Blu-ray player.

My question is whether it is still an advantage to continue to use the ISCO II anamorphic lens and if so what settings to use on the projector in so far as the aspect ratio etc. One of my primary goals is to use all of the pixels available in these projectors to get the best image possible rather than wasting pixels just projecting black bars onto the masking system or the wall above and below the screen.

Thanks, Larry Raulston
There are some real good close out deals right now on the 400, 500 and 600. Some even come with a free lamp. So if you are not a gamer, going with last years models, makes sense.
post #4236 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Sounds good.

Getting an 18gbps at 12 meters is not a trivial problem, unfortunately. To the best of my knowledge, only the pricey Celerity Fiber-optic cables will be up to the task. There is a dedicated thread on the forum discussing 18gbps cables - some searching should turn it up. You'll get good info on what is and isn't working.
40ft of Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI cable ordered yesterday. Hope that helps things. Installers will be here Fri to pull the audioquest cable and run the Celerity fiber optic cable along with putting the necessary software in the projector. Hopefully this next weekend things will be looking as they should be in 4K HDR and all the specs. Thanks again.

Processor: Anthem AVM 60, BluRay: Oppo 105D, 4K: Oppo 203, Amps: Rotel RMB 1095 & Rotel RMB 1555, Mains: B&W 804S, B&W HTM3 center, Atmos: (4) Golden Ear Invisa HTR 7000's, Surrounds: DefTech Studio 350's, Subs: (2) PowerSound Audio S1500, Projector: JVC DLA X550RB, Screen: Stewart Filmscreen Deluxe Screenwall 2:35:1 screen, Media/Gaming: Apple TV 4K, Roku4 Ultra, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro. Remote: Control4 EA1
post #4237 of 5848 Old 04-22-2017, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Quote:
Sounds good.

Getting an 18gbps at 12 meters is not a trivial problem, unfortunately. To the best of my knowledge, only the pricey Celerity Fiber-optic cables will be up to the task. There is a dedicated thread on the forum discussing 18gbps cables - some searching should turn it up. You'll get good info on what is and isn't working.
40ft of Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI cable ordered yesterday. Hope that helps things. Installers will be here Fri to pull the audioquest cable and run the Celerity fiber optic cable along with putting the necessary software in the projector. Hopefully this next weekend things will be looking as they should be in 4K HDR and all the specs. Thanks again.
Wait, I just read your first post about your HDR issues with this projector. You realize the cable will do nothing to fix that right?

Your HDR issues are a combination of bad settings (based on what you posted) and this specific projectors inability to properly display true HDR. You can get fairly good results by uploading a custom gamma curve into the projector, but don't expect LCD or OLED results.

I have the same projector and OPPO 203. You need to upload a custom gamma curve and get your settings straight or you will be chasing your tail.

Based on your settings posted, your installer did not properly upload a curve.
post #4238 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post
Wait, I just read your first post about your HDR issues with this projector. You realize the cable will do nothing to fix that right?

Your HDR issues are a combination of bad settings (based on what you posted) and this specific projectors inability to properly display true HDR. You can get fairly good results by uploading a custom gamma curve into the projector, but don't expect LCD or OLED results.

I have the same projector and OPPO 203. You need to upload a custom gamma curve and get your settings straight or you will be chasing your tail.

Thanks for your reply as we are diving into this fully this week. I'm trying to absorb as much knowledge from you all so I can be somewhat educated when talking to my calibrator & home theater installers when they come back out this week to hopefully get my 4K HDR stuff looking great. Everything has been perfect until I got 4K HDR devices (Oppo 203, PS4 Pro and Roku Ultra). 1080P and 4K (non HDR) do look awesome at the moment but I bought the Oppo 203 and the Roku Ultra for the sole purpose of being able to at least enjoy HDR (realizing it won't be on par with a native 4K projector or other displays)

Potential Cable Issue: With current Audioquest Pearl 12M cable, when I put everything to auto or anything over 10 bit, or when Deep Color is enabled with HDR, I get sparkles, "snowflake" effect on dark scenes. Word is that full spec HDR can not be passed optimally over 25 ft? I have 40 ft of cable run through ceiling to my AV rack. Could this be the result of cable struggling or not being able to handle the full bandwidth required for full spec 4K HDR? Monoprice certified premium HDMI cable arrives today along with Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI Cable arriving Wed that installers will test. I would think I shouldn't be getting any snowflake effect or sparkles if the cable is good.

My JVC DLA X550R doesn't have the BT2020 color profile: My installers will be addressing that this week. Hopefully from there, calibrator will be able to dial things in optimally for 4K HDR as the calibration he did for 4K and 1080P looks absolutely sensational. Does the BT2020 profile "unlock or open" a new profile of colors for 4K HDR? Could that be the missing link? So step one download and install the BT2020 profile via LAN cable via PC? Firmware updates are done via RS232 cable and PC?

My JVC does have the u83.2 software. Is that the latest and no further update available to address any HDR/HDMI issues?

Thanks much everyone for any insight and assistance!

Processor: Anthem AVM 60, BluRay: Oppo 105D, 4K: Oppo 203, Amps: Rotel RMB 1095 & Rotel RMB 1555, Mains: B&W 804S, B&W HTM3 center, Atmos: (4) Golden Ear Invisa HTR 7000's, Surrounds: DefTech Studio 350's, Subs: (2) PowerSound Audio S1500, Projector: JVC DLA X550RB, Screen: Stewart Filmscreen Deluxe Screenwall 2:35:1 screen, Media/Gaming: Apple TV 4K, Roku4 Ultra, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro. Remote: Control4 EA1
post #4239 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1690 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Thanks for your reply as we are diving into this fully this week. I'm trying to absorb as much knowledge from you all so I can be somewhat educated when talking to my calibrator & home theater installers when they come back out this week to hopefully get my 4K HDR stuff looking great. Everything has been perfect until I got 4K HDR devices (Oppo 203, PS4 Pro and Roku Ultra). 1080P and 4K (non HDR) do look awesome at the moment but I bought the Oppo 203 and the Roku Ultra for the sole purpose of being able to at least enjoy HDR (realizing it won't be on par with a native 4K projector or other displays)

Potential Cable Issue: With current Audioquest Pearl 12M cable, when I put everything to auto or anything over 10 bit, or when Deep Color is enabled with HDR, I get sparkles, "snowflake" effect on dark scenes. Word is that full spec HDR can not be passed optimally over 25 ft? I have 40 ft of cable run through ceiling to my AV rack. Could this be the result of cable struggling or not being able to handle the full bandwidth required for full spec 4K HDR? Monoprice certified premium HDMI cable arrives today along with Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI Cable arriving Wed that installers will test. I would think I shouldn't be getting any snowflake effect or sparkles if the cable is good.

My JVC DLA X550R doesn't have the BT2020 color profile: My installers will be addressing that this week. Hopefully from there, calibrator will be able to dial things in optimally for 4K HDR as the calibration he did for 4K and 1080P looks absolutely sensational. Does the BT2020 profile "unlock or open" a new profile of colors for 4K HDR? Could that be the missing link? So step one download and install the BT2020 profile via LAN cable via PC? Firmware updates are done via RS232 cable and PC?

My JVC does have the u83.2 software. Is that the latest and no further update available to address any HDR/HDMI issues?

The sparkles and snowflakes are almost certainly showing the Cable issue. 99.99% certainty here. Hopefully the cheaper Monoprice, or if not, the pricier Celerity, cable, will eliminate this.

You use the JVC Software, using PC or Laptop connected via Ethernet, to load the BT2020 into your Projector. This doesn't "unlock" anything as such; it just becomes available as a Color Profile selection for whichever Picture Mode (User 1 through 6) you'll use for HDR content.

Firmware updates are done via RS232, as you indicate. There was a very recent update in firmware to u83.2.4, which apparently addressed a rare problem, and wouldn't be likely to impact what you're doing here. I haven't bothered to update mine yet, as there seems nothing to gain.

You might ask your Calibrator how he will be dealing with HDR. The "Custom Curve" method is a relatively recent discovery, and it is possible he's not aware of it. This isn't the only way to get a good result (ChadB, a well-known Calibrator, apparently uses a different method, but he is universally acknowledged as one of the experts on this), but it definitely offers a clear path to a good result.

Good luck!

Don

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #4240 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The sparkles and snowflakes are almost certainly showing the Cable issue. 99.99% certainty here. Hopefully the cheaper Monoprice, or if not, the pricier Celerity, cable, will eliminate this.

You use the JVC Software, using PC or Laptop connected via Ethernet, to load the BT2020 into your Projector. This doesn't "unlock" anything as such; it just becomes available as a Color Profile selection for whichever Picture Mode (User 1 through 6) you'll use for HDR content.

Firmware updates are done via RS232, as you indicate. There was a very recent update in firmware to u83.2.4, which apparently addressed a rare problem, and wouldn't be likely to impact what you're doing here. I haven't bothered to update mine yet, as there seems nothing to gain.

You might ask your Calibrator how he will be dealing with HDR. The "Custom Curve" method is a relatively recent discovery, and it is possible he's not aware of it. This isn't the only way to get a good result (ChadB, a well-known Calibrator, apparently uses a different method, but he is universally acknowledged as one of the experts on this), but it definitely offers a clear path to a good result.

Good luck!

Don
Thanks so much for the info. Everything will be going down this Friday with cabling and updating the projector. Will update how things progress. Thanks again.

post #4241 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 1591
Quote:

Good luck!

Don
Thanks for the mention. Actually I do use custom HDR curves. At first I made them exclusively with the JVC software and now I do them with either that or Arve's tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
muzz, skypop and HTPCat like this.

touring ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 and Klein K-10
Latest reviews:JVC RS540, JVC RS3000, Sony VPL-VW695ES
Copied settings measured, Review archive
post #4242 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1690 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
Thanks for the mention. Actually I do use custom HDR curves. At first I made them exclusively with the JVC software and now I do them with either that or Arve's tool.
Very interesting - good to know!
Chad B likes this.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #4243 of 5848 Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post

I would be linking your calibrator to these forums. Specifically the JVC software calibration forum.

I would imagine that the info on these forums will surpass any methodology that he will use to calibrate the projector. The reason is the calibration info on the forum is crowd sourced from numerous owners, and technical people. Numerous hours have been spent "figuring out" these projectors.

If your installer just shows up blindly again, it could take numerous hours for him to then read the forum and figure out what needs to be done. That way he doesn't spin his wheels.

Considering how he calibrated it the first time, he needs to be armed with this information first.

There are known issues with Roku Premier/Ultra HDR and the projector locking up. Doesn't seem to happen with other sources.
post #4244 of 5848 Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I have been having this issue with my rs400.. On scenes where the background is dark like the opening credits, the area around the bright images will glow..Is there a setting I can adjust or is it a defective unit?
It was bought as a B stock from avs and it should still be under warranty.. The issue has been there since day one but I never paid attention to it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1311.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	2102729  

My home theater
Speakers: 3 JTR 212HTR (LCR), 2 Jtr Single 8LP (S), 2 JTR Triple 12LF (SB)) , 4 Volt 10LX (Atmos)
Subwoofers: 10 Sealed UXL-18, 5 Crowson Shadow 8 transducers, 3 Buttkicker LFE
Display: JVC RS400
post #4245 of 5848 Old 04-26-2017, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
..Is there a setting I can adjust or is it a defective unit?
I have notice a light "streaking" up and down when I first set-up my PJ but I haven't notice it much lately...I have had the PJ professionally calibrated by Chad B so that might have something to do with it. Of course, I might be use to it by now...
post #4246 of 5848 Old 04-26-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
I have been having this issue with my rs400.. On scenes where the background is dark like the opening credits, the area around the bright images will glow..Is there a setting I can adjust or is it a defective unit?
It was bought as a B stock from avs and it should still be under warranty.. The issue has been there since day one but I never paid attention to it..
What size and aspect screen?
What screen fabric are you using?
What throw are you using?
Normal or high lamp?
What manual iris setting?

I am trying to determine, just how bright you are running your image. Also what does it look like from your viewing distance? Streaking is a common problem and most all of them have this to some degree, but the amount does vary. Problem appears worse if you run the image real bright.
post #4247 of 5848 Old 04-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Hello, everyone.

I am about to pull the trigger on the RS400, but I would like to confirm that the projector can be mounted in the same place as my current projector, using the vertical/horizontal shift and zoom.

My HW50ES Owners Manual had a chart that could be used to calculate the mounting distances, but I don't see anything like that in the RS400 manual.

Is it on their website somewhere?

Thanks!

***EDIT***

Nevermind, looks like I just needed to do a quick google search. I found http://pro.jvc.com/pro/lens_calc/HTML/jvc_REF.html, which gives me what I needed.

xbr75x900E and JVC RS420 with Elite 120" screen
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3060/RX-A3000, WXA-50 MusicCast Amp for Zone 2
L/C/R - B&W CM9/CMC2, Side - DS3, Rear - CM5, F/R Atmos - CCM663
Subs - SVS PB12+ and PB13 Ultra
Harmony Elite, ATV 4K, Nvidia Shield Pro, HDHomeRun Extend

Last edited by Sweetmeat; 04-26-2017 at 02:22 PM.
post #4248 of 5848 Old 04-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Hello all. I currently have a Chief RPAU mount. Can I use that to mount the RS400?

post #4249 of 5848 Old 04-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I'm using an Atlona HDBaseT, any idea why I'm not getting HDR on my PS4 Pro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

65" Sony A9F
Arcam SR250
Bowers & Wilkins 702s
REL T7i
post #4250 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmeat View Post
Hello all. I currently have a Chief RPAU mount. Can I use that to mount the RS400?

Yes, same as me, you need adapter plate SLB281

Sweetmeat likes this.
post #4251 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Yes, same as me, you need adapter plate SLB281

Thank you for your response.

If I ended up using the SLB281 adapter plate, will I need to put any more holes in my ceiling? Are there any directions on how to use that with the RPAU mount to make it work with the RS400?

Last edited by Sweetmeat; 04-27-2017 at 01:33 PM.
post #4252 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSFA View Post
I'm using an Atlona HDBaseT, any idea why I'm not getting HDR on my PS4 Pro?

I've tried so many solutions, at the end the only working one is with fiber optic cable
post #4253 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 386
See my answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
What size and aspect screen?
What screen fabric are you using? 155" 16:9
What throw are you using? About 14.5 feet
Normal or high lamp? Normal (Economic)
What manual iris setting? Is that the lens aperture setting? It is set to Auto2.

I am trying to determine, just how bright you are running your image. Also what does it look like from your viewing distance? Streaking is a common problem and most all of them have this to some degree, but the amount does vary. Problem appears worse if you run the image real bright.
I would not consider the image to be extremely bright. I actually consider it to be just bright enough to fill the screen in low lamp mode. I can see the issue clearly from the viewing position but luckily it only happens in scenes like opening credits.

My home theater
Speakers: 3 JTR 212HTR (LCR), 2 Jtr Single 8LP (S), 2 JTR Triple 12LF (SB)) , 4 Volt 10LX (Atmos)
Subwoofers: 10 Sealed UXL-18, 5 Crowson Shadow 8 transducers, 3 Buttkicker LFE
Display: JVC RS400
post #4254 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:

You should not use the universal plate. You need to get the custom plate. I would call the dealer that you bought the projector from. I am sure that they could walk you through all of this.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 04-27-2017 at 03:02 PM.
post #4255 of 5848 Old 04-27-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1558
Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread

Quote:
Thank you for your response.

If I ended up using the SLB281 adapter plate, will I need to put any more holes in my ceiling? Are there any directions on how to use that with the RPAU mount to make it work with the RS400?

Maybe I'm not understanding you here.
I've got this RPA mount

It hangs off a pipe, that is flange screwed to my ceiling backer joists

So that RPA adapter plate is specifically for the RS400 and RPA 6 thumb screw attach.

Have you looked on their website?
You can find exactly what you need, and AVS store sells it.
http://www.chiefmfg.com/Projector-Mounts

Last edited by mtbdudex; 04-27-2017 at 02:11 PM.
post #4256 of 5848 Old 05-01-2017, 09:38 AM

Thank you gentlemen for the info and feedback from my earlier post(s). Installers came and replaced the 40ft Audioquest cable with the 40ft Celerity fiber optic HDMI cable and that immediately resolved the snow flake/sparkle effect I was getting with the Audioquest Pearl cable. My Roku Ultra was finally and immediately able to confirm the 4K UHD setting for the JVC. The Celerity fiber optic cable is a winner thus far and resolved some issues I was having.

I was also able to download and install the BT2020 color profile for the JVC. Things look so much better with the vivid colors, contrast and pop. I still need some fine tuning with a re-calibration but at least I'm in the ball park.

Thanks again!
DLCPhoto and HTPCat like this.

post #4257 of 5848 Old 05-01-2017, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Thank you gentlemen for the info and feedback from my earlier post(s). Installers came and replaced the 40ft Audioquest cable with the 40ft Celerity fiber optic HDMI cable and that immediately resolved the snow flake/sparkle effect I was getting with the Audioquest Pearl cable. My Roku Ultra was finally and immediately able to confirm the 4K UHD setting for the JVC. The Celerity fiber optic cable is a winner thus far and resolved some issues I was having.

I was also able to download and install the BT2020 color profile for the JVC. Things look so much better with the vivid colors, contrast and pop. I still need some fine tuning with a re-calibration but at least I'm in the ball park.

Thanks again!
How do you install the color profile?

65" Sony A9F
Arcam SR250
Bowers & Wilkins 702s
REL T7i
post #4258 of 5848 Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I've been loving my RS400, but I have one issue.

The center of my image is about 1" higher than the corners. I thought at first it might be my screen, but I have measured that and it is completely straight.

I am including a crude exaggerated sketch for visual aid.

Any tips or things to check?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	2113513  
post #4259 of 5848 Old 05-02-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
I've been loving my RS400, but I have one issue.

The center of my image is about 1" higher than the corners. I thought at first it might be my screen, but I have measured that and it is completely straight.

I am including a crude exaggerated sketch for visual aid.

Any tips or things to check?
Sorry, meant to respond to this yesterday. I assume you are not using an A-lens? Also what size and aspect ratio screen are you using?
post #4260 of 5848 Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
No A-lens.

Screen is 138" 2.35 ratio, throw is about 15.5 feet. I notice this when zoomed on widescreen scope images. I haven't checked whether or not I really see a difference on regular 16:9 content. I can check that tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page