Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3558Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4501 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Try a different HDMI cable. " certified " means nothing.
Thanks - not that easy though, they cost a fortune here in Sweden. This particular one was almost 190 USD from a Swedish producer well known for their quality. It can't be anything else than the cable?

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4502 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
What's the Sony player outputting signal wise ? Which HDMI port on the projector ?
I'm trying to make the Sony player output Original resolution or Auto in the Video settings, but it can't get a handshake so defaults back to 480. I'm using HDMI port 1 on the JVC. The Sony player is connected directly to the JVC.

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4503 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,700
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7212 Post(s)
Liked: 8624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
I'm trying to make the Sony player output Original resolution or Auto in the Video settings, but it can't get a handshake so defaults back to 480. I'm using HDMI port 1 on the JVC. The Sony player is connected directly to the JVC.
It won't even sync to 1080p with a standard Blu-ray ?
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4504 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post
I assume that the Spyder should be positioned in front of the very center of the screen?
I just measured: The center is 160 centimeters from the ground (63 inches)
Yes. I just revised step 3.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4505 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
It won't even sync to 1080p with a standard Blu-ray ?
Tried 1080p and that works, so it's only rejecting 4k.

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4506 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
So, after a day and an half installing my JVC in the ceiling, today I tried connecting my Sony X800. Sadly the projector won't accept any signal in 4K including the Sony home menu - I have to revert to 480p to get anything on screen at all.

The cable is 4k certified Supra MetB, 10 meter (specified to [email protected] Hz 1-10 meter).

Any ideas?
10 Meter!? I'm going to (accurately) guess this is a cable issue. Are you able to temporarily try a very short cable?

HDCP 2.2 & 4K is extremely finicky with cables. I only recommend this cable. Others will recommend other brands but it must say EXACTLY: "Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable" (which currently is limited to 25 feet). Any variation of that language is not a genuine certified cable and may not work. My previous cable was "4K 60Hz compatible" but did NOT work. If you screw around with cables, you will have problems.

There are no HDCP 2.2 4K certified cables over 25 feet but many people have had long-run success with these cables if over 25 feet.

No matter what you buy, if it is 25 feet or shorter and does not say EXACTLY "Certified Premium High Speed" you are taking a risk.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 08-02-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4507 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
10 Meter!? I'm going to (accurately) guess this is a cable issue. Are you able to temporarily try a very short cable?

HDCP 2.2 & 4K is extremely finicky with cables. I only recommend this cable. Others will recommend other brands but it must say EXACTLY: "Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable" (which currently is limited to 25 feet). Any variation of that language is not a genuine certified cable and may not work. My previous cable was "4K 60Hz compatible" but did NOT work. If you screw around with cables, you will have problems.
Thanks Yeah, I can't use anything shorter, my projector in the back of the room in the ceiling and cable is running along the wall and floor. My room is quite small so there must be other installations and settings using this length?

I can't try a shorter cable less I demount the projector...possible of course

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4508 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
10 Meter!? I'm going to (accurately) guess this is a cable issue. Are you able to temporarily try a very short cable?

HDCP 2.2 & 4K is extremely finicky with cables. I only recommend this cable. Others will recommend other brands but it must say EXACTLY: "Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable" (which currently is limited to 25 feet). Any variation of that language is not a genuine certified cable and may not work. My previous cable was "4K 60Hz compatible" but did NOT work. If you screw around with cables, you will have problems.
Limited to 25 feet? Well, then I'm certainly screwed...

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4509 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Limited to 25 feet? Well, then I'm certainly screwed...
As I see it, you really only have 2 options. Option 1 will be highly preferable:

1) Find another forum member who is actually using a cable long enough for your needs in 4K. Buy the EXACT SAME CABLE that they have. (FWIW, the only 4K HDR 60FPS title is Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, but some player menus and apps do transmit 4K at 60FPS).
2) Mount your player near your projector. Use a Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable for video and use your long cable to send audio back to the receiver (your Sony has 2 HDMI connections for this purpose). You'll need a second long cable for other video sources.

With 4K & HDCP 2.2, price is no indicator of quality. Find someone using exactly what you need and buy it.
Lightivity likes this.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 07-20-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4510 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DLCPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1694 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Limited to 25 feet? Well, then I'm certainly screwed...
You can get longer than 25 feet, but it isn't easy.

See this thread for some more recent, detailed information.

Celerity and Ruipro Fiberoptic Cables have worked for many.

But I agree with the other posters - your cable is unfortunately the limiting factor here, despite the cost and claims of the manufacturer...
Lightivity likes this.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLCPhoto is offline  
post #4511 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Dundas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Limited to 25 feet? Well, then I'm certainly screwed...
Not necessarily. See this thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-hd...hdmi-2-0b.html
Lightivity likes this.
Dundas is offline  
post #4512 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Limited to 25 feet? Well, then I'm certainly screwed...
Wait, hang on, I got a 4k-signal, but seems I have to live without a Sony menu . I forced the Sony player to stay on Original Resolution which results in a black menu = no menu is projected. But then I put in Mad Max 4k and it projected fine.

So I can play movies in 4k but the Sony menu won't render. I guess it's a 24Hz vs 60Hz problem then?

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4513 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DLCPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1694 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Wait, hang on, I got a 4k-signal, but seems I have to live without a Sony menu . I forced the Sony player to stay on Original Resolution which results in a black menu = no menu is projected. But then I put in Mad Max 4k and it projected fine.

So I can play movies in 4k but the Sony menu won't render. I guess it's a 24Hz vs 60Hz problem then?
Probably so, given the increased data demands of 60Hz.

See the above 2 replies which point to the same thread for info on which cables will work for you.
Lightivity likes this.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLCPhoto is offline  
post #4514 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Wait, hang on, I got a 4k-signal, but seems I have to live without a Sony menu . I forced the Sony player to stay on Original Resolution which results in a black menu = no menu is projected. But then I put in Mad Max 4k and it projected fine.

So I can play movies in 4k but the Sony menu won't render. I guess it's a 24Hz vs 60Hz problem then?
Probably. As I said, some player menus and apps are [email protected] so your 'trick' is working. I'd still suggest finding a better cable as this is only a temporary solution. Also, since the cable you bought claims 4K @ 60Hz and doesn't perform at that, I'd send it back and reclaim your $190.
Lightivity likes this.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4515 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Thanks - not that easy though, they cost a fortune here in Sweden. This particular one was almost 190 USD from a Swedish producer well known for their quality. It can't be anything else than the cable?
I am betting it is the cable. A 10 meter cable is nearly 33'. Is there any cable 33' in length that will pass 18Gbps, that is not fiber optic?
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #4516 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightivity View Post
Thanks Yeah, I can't use anything shorter, my projector in the back of the room in the ceiling and cable is running along the wall and floor. My room is quite small so there must be other installations and settings using this length?

I can't try a shorter cable less I demount the projector...possible of course
Why can't you just carry a 4K UHD player to the projector?
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #4517 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
As I see it, you really only have 2 options. Option 1 will be highly preferable:

1) Find another forum member who is actually using a cable long enough for your needs in 4K. Buy the EXACT SAME CABLE that they have. (FWIW, the only 4K HDR 60FPS title is Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, but some player menus and apps do transmit 4K at 60FPS).
2) Mount your player near your projector. Use a Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable for video and use your long cable to send audio back to the receiver (your Sony has 2 HDMI connections for this purpose). You'll need a second long cable for other video sources.

With 4K & HDCP 2.2, price is no indicator of quality. Find someone using exactly what you need and buy it.
Your step one probably has a 30% chance success rate. That is why we have certified cables. You could buy non certified cables that said they supported 18Gbps, but out of 10 cables, sometimes only a few actually would pass 18Gbps.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #4518 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Your step one probably has a 30% chance success rate. That is why we have certified cables. You could buy non certified cables that said they supported 18Gbps, but out of 10 cables, sometimes only a few actually would pass 18Gbps.
If you buy the exact same cable another forum member is actually using successfully for [email protected] I'd argue it'd be quite a bit higher than 30%. Fiber is likely in his future but that's not "certified" either.

Certified is precisely why my very first reply was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
10 Meter!? I'm going to (accurately) guess this is a cable issue. Are you able to temporarily try a very short cable?

HDCP 2.2 & 4K is extremely finicky with cables. I only recommend this cable. Others will recommend other brands but it must say EXACTLY: "Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable" (which currently is limited to 25 feet). Any variation of that language is not a genuine certified cable and may not work. My previous cable was "4K 60Hz compatible" but did NOT work. If you screw around with cables, you will have problems.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 07-20-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4519 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
If you buy the exact same cable another forum member is actually using successfully for [email protected] I'd argue it'd be quite a bit higher than 30%. Fiber is likely in his future but that's not "certified" either.

Certified is precisely why my very first reply was this:
HD Fury actually tested this. They bought 10 of each cable that listed 18Gbps. Did not buy every cable on the market, but did purchase many of them. Often times none of them worked. In all cases, 10 out of 10 did not work. From reading their results, 30% would have been a good guess on success.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #4520 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1462 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
HD Fury actually tested this. They bought 10 of each cable that listed 18Gbps. Did not buy every cable on the market, but did purchase many of them. Often times none of them worked. In all cases, 10 out of 10 did not work. From reading their results, 30% would have been a good guess on success.
Do you have a link to the HD Fury test for me and a link to a product to buy for Lightivity?

You guys sell a lot of these projectors, I'd imagine many run into this issue. Are you also selling/recommending a specific solution for long runs?

Last edited by Dreamliner; 07-20-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Dreamliner is offline  
post #4521 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Why can't you just carry a 4K UHD player to the projector?
I absolutely can, I did not think that one through
Mike Garrett likes this.

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4522 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
Do you have a link to the HD Fury test for me and a link to a product to buy for Lightivity?

You guys sell a lot of these projectors, I'd imagine many run into this issue. Are you also selling/recommending a specific solution for long runs?
If 10 meters is too problematic I could -- as you guys suggested -- install my player on a shelf closer to the JVC. That would bring down the length to 5 meters.

EDIT: Monoprice is not selling nor shipping to Sweden.

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."

Last edited by Lightivity; 07-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Lightivity is offline  
post #4523 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post

Thank you!

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."
Lightivity is offline  
post #4524 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,890
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12803 Post(s)
Liked: 10436
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
Do you have a link to the HD Fury test for me and a link to a product to buy for Lightivity?

You guys sell a lot of these projectors, I'd imagine many run into this issue. Are you also selling/recommending a specific solution for long runs?
I do not have link. It was in the HD Fury Integral thread, I believe. I have no idea what is available to him in his country, but at that length, he should be looking at fiber optic solutions. Celerity is one.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #4525 of 5851 Old 07-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
jake51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Lightivity, I live in Denmark and bought this fiber-optic cable from Monoprice: SlimRun AV HDR Cable for HDMI Enabled Devices, [email protected], YUV4:4:4, 30ft
It works flawlessly
BUT... the shipping is extremely expensive for such a light box
I paid USD 310 all in all
jake51 is offline  
post #4526 of 5851 Old 07-21-2017, 03:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Lightivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post
Lightivity, I live in Denmark and bought this fiber-optic cable from Monoprice: SlimRun AV HDR Cable for HDMI Enabled Devices, [email protected], YUV4:4:4, 30ft
It works flawlessly
BUT... the shipping is extremely expensive for such a light box
I paid USD 310 all in all
Yikes! I just found the RUIPRO fiber hdmi (tested in the AVS Forum Test Report on Amazon.com for 195 USD incl shipping.

JVC RS400/X5000, Marantz SR5011, Sony UHD X800
—————————-
"National unity in Europe is still defined in terms of blood and earth. In the USA it's the idea – expressed in the Constitution – that supports the development of the nation. In the matter of integration the difference is profound: everyone can agree on an idea, but no-one can change their ties of blood."

Last edited by Lightivity; 07-23-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Lightivity is offline  
post #4527 of 5851 Old 07-21-2017, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
jake51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 62
That's a lot cheaper
Lightivity likes this.
jake51 is offline  
post #4528 of 5851 Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kgveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 7,329
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I bought an older celerity 16gbps DFI off ebay, 35'....... Im crossing my fingers as i dont have a 4K player/streamer yet :0/ Off the shelf, they are $300 for the 18gbps version.

Its a killer 1080p cable Lol, but i think metal coathangers would work with 1080p.....

Rumor is, i will be having problems
Lightivity likes this.

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **


DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction
kgveteran is online now  
post #4529 of 5851 Old 07-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What 4k player do i need with a jvc x5000

Need some advice on what 4k player i need

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
HugoBoss is offline  
post #4530 of 5851 Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 PM
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 10,827
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5167 Post(s)
Liked: 2594
The best on the market right now is the Panasonic DMP-UB900 and coming in at a close second is the Oppo UDP-203. It really depends on your budget though as these are both pricey players.
Seegs108 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off