Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 163 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3547Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4861 of 5804 Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 7,038
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1707 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Chadb can make the 400 look very sweet. Mine looked good with the Projectorreviews.com settings, but you can see the difference both on the screen and in the reports once Chad finishes his work.

P.S.-I forgot to add that I had AVS load three pre-made gamma curves before sending the 400 to me. Chad's curves were done custom for my projector in my surroundings. I've seen how important that can be.


I’ve already been in contact with Chad lol. Going to try and get on his schedule for the next couple months. Need to put some hours on first.

I also had AVS install the gamma curves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jive Turkey and mtbdudex like this.

--------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE:
Lots of stuff. Check the Audio Gear Classifieds
brian6751 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4862 of 5804 Old 12-29-2017, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: MA. USA
Posts: 4,549
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I had another member contact me about this deal. Mine was delivered yesterday and its amazing. I wasn't going to upgrade for a while but this was too good of a deal to pass up. Mike is also very helpful, of course. Still cannot believe the deal I got. Very happy camper!
Mike is a good guy, no issues with my purchase at all..I'd Love him at that price, they're giving it away!
rcapprotti likes this.

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
muzz is offline  
post #4863 of 5804 Old 12-30-2017, 03:55 AM
Senior Member
 
VTPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
$1,500 for the RS400? Aarg! I just bought mine from AVScience two weeks ago and paid $400 more than that!
Here's the thing: I thought I was getting a steal at that price! You know what, I was. This is just a better steal.
I guess that's why we shouldn't have price talk in these threads, eh?
-Pete
VTPete is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4864 of 5804 Old 12-30-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HTPCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete View Post
$1,500 for the RS400? Aarg! I just bought mine from AVScience two weeks ago and paid $400 more than that!
Here's the thing: I thought I was getting a steal at that price! You know what, I was. This is just a better steal.
I guess that's why we shouldn't have price talk in these threads, eh?
-Pete
Exactly why so let's stop it.

HTPCat
"I have a need to feed the hole with more Audio & Video toys"
HTPCat is offline  
post #4865 of 5804 Old 12-30-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dan webster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: western mass.
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 274
I joined the list of happy closeout sppecial priced rs400 projectors. I bought it for my son for his theater. I could not pass up the deal. I installed it today and it is really great. I used it in my theater for a few days first in place of my rs500. I could easily live with it instead of the rs500 Very similar picture except on the really black scenes. He is really impressed with it. We mounted it right next to his mitsubishi 7900 projector. The 7900 looks really nice until you compare it to the jvc. So he has the 7900 for gaming and the jvc for everything else. A perfect combo.
Now he can even watch sports with the light on it is so bright. I currently have the lens closed dow all the way on his 100 inch 1.1 gain screen.

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Yamaha CX-A5200 Gemstone 200x7 Emotiva upa-500 amps
Oppo 103 panasonic ub820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Jvc RS3000 projector
silver ticket 125 2.35 screen Golden Ear Triton 5 L&R
super center XXL triton 7's sides Emotiva T1 rears
4 RSL C34 in ceiling SVS PB2-plus sub SVS PC13 ultra sub
dan webster is offline  
post #4866 of 5804 Old 12-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
kyzer soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
FYI;
AV Science is selling their last few RS400’s at $1.5k, brand new units, full warranty . That’s a great deal.
I have no connection with them at all, just saw the sale a few days ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I waited too long they’re all gone .

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
kyzer soze is offline  
post #4867 of 5804 Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,471
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Here is an attempt to show how nice things look after Chadb worked on my RS400. I don't know that my Iphone and the way screen shots will show here will do justice to what I see, but here we go.

I don't know why they're sideways.....right click and open the image in a new tab. That should work.

Note: after reviewing, I'm not overly pleased with the way they show on my laptop. Maybe best to take my exuberance as testimony to his work. He made this inexpensive projector shine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2338264   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	2338266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	2338268   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	2338270  

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 12-31-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #4868 of 5804 Old 01-01-2018, 02:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,167
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Dreamliner is online now  
post #4869 of 5804 Old 01-01-2018, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 6,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1548
Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
I had another member contact me about this deal. Mine was delivered yesterday and its amazing. I wasn't going to upgrade for a while but this was too good of a deal to pass up. Mike is also very helpful, of course. Still cannot believe the deal I got. Very happy camper!

Yep, the RS400 I’ve had since April-2017 I have no upgrade-itis feeling at all.
It blows me away , very satisfied.
Well, when full laser light engine 4k PJ that does Rec2020 and all variants of HDR is say $5-6k then I might consider it.
Hey, more nits is a good thing. I’m guessing 2021 or 2022, 4-5 years away. The resale of the RS400 then will be $500 maybe at most.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorilla Killa likes this.
mtbdudex is offline  
post #4870 of 5804 Old 01-01-2018, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,471
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Here's some screen shots (also via Iphone) of "Life" in 4k UHD, after Chad's calibration.

I'd say there's a little bit of white crush going on in these pics that isn't on the screen, but still, I think you can get the gist of how nice things turned out on my RS400.

"Life" looks great on 4K. Good movie too, though I wouln't call it original in concept. The ending makes it worth the price of admission.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2338790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0771.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2338794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0773.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	2338796  

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 01-01-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #4871 of 5804 Old 01-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Member
 
griebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just a heads up to anyone who has issues playing 3D files (MKV M4V etc) on their JVC...

I originally posted messages on the Denon X-series AVR thread (I have an X1300W) because 3D files played fine over Roku Media Player, PLEX (on Roku) and Sony UBP-X800 UHD player via USB3 external HDD until I updated the firmware to my Denon.

I ended up with a nice workaround: moved the HDMI cable coming into the JVC from 1 to 2, and now I just toggle EDID between A (all content) and B (3d files). 3d blurays always played without issue.
griebs is offline  
post #4872 of 5804 Old 01-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
khactuyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, California, 95112-6147
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Send a message via Yahoo to khactuyen
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete View Post
$1,500 for the RS400? Aarg! I just bought mine from AVScience two weeks ago and paid $400 more than that!
Here's the thing: I thought I was getting a steal at that price! You know what, I was. This is just a better steal.
I guess that's why we shouldn't have price talk in these threads, eh?
-Pete
Hi, do you know who is selling RS400, i need one.
Thanks.
khactuyen is offline  
post #4873 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: MA. USA
Posts: 4,549
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Private Message Mike Garret here at AVS, he might still have stock.

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
muzz is offline  
post #4874 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
VTPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Two issues that I'd love advice on.

Hi All,
Two issues I've had with my RS400 are bugging me a bit. Can anyone shed light on this?

First, I have not had it professionally calibrated, but I did install a custom gamma curve and have tweaked the settings the best I could with my unprofessional eye.
Still, I'm finding that the red is over-powering. Dark scenes with red lights in particular make the red lights extremely over saturated. I have found that the best picture comes from me turning down the "color" saturation quite a bit and the picture still pops. But, if anyone has had an similar experience with red, I'd love to know what they did to adjust the image.

Second, while using test images to adjust my gray scale, I displayed an all-white screen and noticed a distinct yellowing of the lower left corner of the (all white) image; appropriately 1/5th the size of the screen. See attached images. While I have not noticed this during regular use, I'm wondering if I should keep an eye on it or otherwise be concerned. Of the two images where you can see my "hands holding the camera" shadow, the one with the more color uniformity problem is because I kicked the lamp up to high power.

Any thoughts on these two issues?
-Pete

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5341.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	2339668

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5342.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	466.2 KB
ID:	2339670

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5343.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	2339672
VTPete is offline  
post #4875 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,143
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post
Private Message Mike Garret here at AVS, he might still have stock.
Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) they are long gone.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #4876 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Member
 
jasonjsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, UT USA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but does this line of projector not have an automatic power down function? I have searched the manual and online for some setting that would allow for this capability to turn off after no signal is received for x time (not the sleep timer). I really wish the projector had CEC so it could power up and down with the source.
I came down to my theater the other day to find my project had accidentally been left on for about 20 hours. Ugh.
jasonjsimon is offline  
post #4877 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,167
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjsimon View Post
I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but does this line of projector not have an automatic power down function? I have searched the manual and online for some setting that would allow for this capability to turn off after no signal is received for x time (not the sleep timer). I really wish the projector had CEC so it could power up and down with the source.
I came down to my theater the other day to find my project had accidentally been left on for about 20 hours. Ugh.
I don't think it does. It should. Heck there should be option to enable an 'are you still there' message after 12 hours no matter what. There was a guy on here a week ago or so who went on vacation with the projector on...way more than 20 hours.
Dreamliner is online now  
post #4878 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
I don't think it does. It should. Heck there should be option to enable an 'are you still there' message after 12 hours no matter what. There was a guy on here a week ago or so who went on vacation with the projector on...way more than 20 hours.
There's an option for that. I'm not home but there is an auto off with a message like this. I enabled it on my side and it saved me at least once with the kids forgetting the PJ on.

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #4879 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
From the manual:

Off Timer

For setting the duration before the power turns off automatically when the projector is not operated.

0 Setting values: “Off”, “1 Hour”, “2 Hours”, “3 Hours” and “4 Hours”

But, it will show even if there is a signal. So I set it to 4 hrs and only see it during a multi movie session.

Steve

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #4880 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,167
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
There's an option for that. I'm not home but there is an auto off with a message like this. I enabled it on my side and it saved me at least once with the kids forgetting the PJ on.
Oh excellent. I'll have to look for this. I've been having trouble with getting the Harmony Elite (the wifi one with the wired IR emitter) to turn off the projector. I'd be nice to have a fail-safe if I forget.
SteveTheGeek likes this.
Dreamliner is online now  
post #4881 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Member
 
jasonjsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, UT USA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
From the manual:

Off Timer

For setting the duration before the power turns off automatically when the projector is not operated.

0 Setting values: “Off”, “1 Hour”, “2 Hours”, “3 Hours” and “4 Hours”

But, it will show even if there is a signal. So I set it to 4 hrs and only see it during a multi movie session.

Steve
Thank you so much. I thought that was a once-per-session timer. Glad to hear it will set the shutoff timer each time the PJ is turned on.

Any idea why JVC didn't incorporate CEC HDMI control?
SteveTheGeek likes this.
jasonjsimon is offline  
post #4882 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjsimon View Post
Thank you so much. I thought that was a once-per-session timer. Glad to hear it will set the shutoff timer each time the PJ is turned on.

Any idea why JVC didn't incorporate CEC HDMI control?
No idea sadly...

Steve - Blogger at http://www.nextgenhometheater.com
Home Theater: Marantz SR7010 7.2.4 - Emotiva XPA-5/Outlaw 770 - KEF Q Series 2017 Speakers - SVS PB2000 Subs - JVC DLA-X550R - Samsung UBD-K8500
Living Room: Denon S710W 5.2.1 - KEF/Polk Speakers/Sub - LG OLED65C7P - XBox One X
SteveTheGeek is offline  
post #4883 of 5804 Old 01-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Member
 
jasonjsimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, UT USA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheGeek View Post
No idea sadly...
Yeah, that's seriously disappointing that they left this out on what I consider to be a high-end PJ. That on top of leaving out a simple shut down on "No Signal". I'm pretty sure even my first crappy projector over 20 years ago had that.

Thanks again for the info.
jasonjsimon is offline  
post #4884 of 5804 Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
VTPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi all,
Does anyone have any comments on whether the discoloration in the lower left is within normal specs?
-Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete View Post
Hi All,
Two issues I've had with my RS400 are bugging me a bit. Can anyone shed light on this?

First, I have not had it professionally calibrated, but I did install a custom gamma curve and have tweaked the settings the best I could with my unprofessional eye.
Still, I'm finding that the red is over-powering. Dark scenes with red lights in particular make the red lights extremely over saturated. I have found that the best picture comes from me turning down the "color" saturation quite a bit and the picture still pops. But, if anyone has had an similar experience with red, I'd love to know what they did to adjust the image.

Second, while using test images to adjust my gray scale, I displayed an all-white screen and noticed a distinct yellowing of the lower left corner of the (all white) image; appropriately 1/5th the size of the screen. See attached images. While I have not noticed this during regular use, I'm wondering if I should keep an eye on it or otherwise be concerned. Of the two images where you can see my "hands holding the camera" shadow, the one with the more color uniformity problem is because I kicked the lamp up to high power.

Any thoughts on these two issues?
-Pete

Attachment 2339668

Attachment 2339670

Attachment 2339672
VTPete is offline  
post #4885 of 5804 Old 01-05-2018, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,143
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete View Post
Hi all,
Does anyone have any comments on whether the discoloration in the lower left is within normal specs?
-Pete
Do you have Fine Pixel Adjustment turned on, by any chance?
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #4886 of 5804 Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
VTPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
As a matter of fact, I do... and recently too. I was looking at my convergence and noted it wasn't quite perfect, so added a bit of fine pixel adjustment.
And, I used the "whole picture" setting, not the individual grids. What are you thinking, Dominic?
-Pete


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Do you have Fine Pixel Adjustment turned on, by any chance?
VTPete is offline  
post #4887 of 5804 Old 01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,143
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPete View Post
As a matter of fact, I do... and recently too. I was looking at my convergence and noted it wasn't quite perfect, so added a bit of fine pixel adjustment.
And, I used the "whole picture" setting, not the individual grids. What are you thinking, Dominic?
-Pete
Try turning it off and see if that makes any difference to the yellow patch.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #4888 of 5804 Old 01-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
VTPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Try turning it off and see if that makes any difference to the yellow patch.
Turning it off doesn't help; nor does tweaking convergence separately for those areas. But, I'm still curious as to whether others see this. Since I'm covered under a warranty, I'd like to know whether this is within expected tolerances or not.

-Pete
VTPete is offline  
post #4889 of 5804 Old 01-07-2018, 12:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Doing some testing on my rs400 that has some gamma settings already on it. Should I be using rec709nf for sdr and Bt2020 for hdr? Also in my mpc level settings 4k eshift is on, and all the settings are locked and I can't change anything except enhance which is on 5. Any ideas on that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
nemesis9 is offline  
post #4890 of 5804 Old 01-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 134
[IMG]4trzxfK4S3OGDEgE0idFAA by rcapproti, on Flickr[/IMGmAr3eGg7SFqqSwTd%xr5%Q by rcapprotiZ9ZsPntGTI+OzDPGhXbc+g by rcapproti,

Here are some pictures of my set up this is my first dive into the projector world was lucky enough to get one of the RS 400 from Mike and I love it.
rcapprotti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off