Official JVC DLA-RS400 (X550/X5000) Owner's Thread - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3527Likes

post #5731 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
I just bought Spyder 5 Elite and make auto calibration, its good resultes or try again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	2613074   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	2613076   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	2613078  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by liel View Post
Hi,
I just bought Spyder 5 Elite and make auto calibration, its good resultes or try again?
It really fixed that gamma droop which is to be completely expected and is great now that it's fixed.

For color, your Spyder is producing a slightly warmer than "normal" color temp. Most people prefer a 6500K color temp, your Spyder calibrated your projector to 6200K.

You may or may not prefer this. Calibrating the color again likely wont lead to a much different result, but you can try if you want. If you don't like it you would have to restore your INIT and run just the gamma calibration as that part is well worth it.
post #5733 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 4779 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
For color, your Spyder is producing a slightly warmer than "normal" color temp. Most people prefer a 6500K color temp, your Spyder calibrated your projector to 6200K.
Autocal does not "calibrate the projector to 6200K". The reason it shows 6200K in the log is most likely because of the RGB gain settings; e.g., if prior to calibration the blue gain was reduced to offset the cool colour temperature, Autocal will correct it (assuming the Spyder5 unit is accurate) but the log will show a warm colour temperature, until the gains are reset to 0.

Even if the particular Spyder5 is not accurate, it will still calibrate to what it "thinks" is 6500K and the log will show accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5734 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Autocal does not "calibrate the projector to 6200K". The reason it shows 6200K in the log is most likely because of the RGB gain settings; e.g., if prior to calibration the blue gain was reduced to offset the cool colour temperature, Autocal will correct it (assuming the Spyder5 unit is accurate) but the log will show a warm colour temperature, until the gains are reset to 0.

Even if the particular Spyder5 is not accurate, it will still calibrate to what it "thinks" is 6500K and the log will show accordingly.
Hmm I don't think I understand.

Here is my JVC stock, measured with an i1d3 profiled to an i1 pro 2.

https://nicko88.com/misc/nx5cal/stock.pdf

Here is my JVC measured the same way after I ran autocal

https://nicko88.com/misc/nx5cal/autocal.pdf

It seems like autocal calibrated my JVC to ~6200K and previously it was higher than 6500K.

I have never changed or touched any of the gain/offset white balance settings. They are all at the default position.
post #5735 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It seems like autocal calibrated my JVC to ~6200K and previously it was higher than 6500K.
That entirely possible, given that some Spyders are not particularly accurate in colour measurements, and your i1D3 detected the error. My point, however, is that the Spyder itself will not be able to detect and show the error in the Autocal log. If you kept the Autocal screenshot you can confirm that; or liel can confirm that.
post #5736 of 5739 Old 09-09-2019, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That entirely possible, given that some Spyders are not particularly accurate in colour measurements, and your i1D3 detected the error. My point, however, is that the Spyder itself will not be able to detect and show the error in the Autocal log. If you kept the Autocal screenshot you can confirm that; or liel can confirm that.

I didn’t keep my autocal screenshot but I know it said ~6200K - 6300K or so for 50% white after the calibration.

Last edited by SirMaster; 09-09-2019 at 08:01 PM.
post #5737 of 5739 Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Which screenshot?
I am very happy with the new calibration, the colors is more natural and better then before, but the picture looks little bit dark now...
How can I improve more the picture quality?
Until now I make autocal, import new gamma for hdr, import bt2020, use the intergral2 to disable the Hdr.
What can I do more to improve the quality?
Ty
post #5738 of 5739 Old 09-10-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Which screenshot?
I am very happy with the new calibration, the colors is more natural and better then before, but the picture looks little bit dark now...
Gamma droop makes the brightness bulge up in the low/mid range, so when the droop is eliminated by Autocal the picture will look slightly darker (but is more accurate).

BTW, I’m curious as to whether you adjusted the RGB Gains prior to running Autocal, as that could explain the screenshot (but there may be other reasons).
post #5739 of 5739 Old 09-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Which screenshot?
Gamma droop makes the brightness bulge up in the low/mid range, so when the droop is eliminated by Autocal the picture will look slightly darker (but is more accurate).

BTW, I’️m curious as to whether you adjusted the RGB Gains prior to running Autocal, as that could explain the screenshot (but there may be other reasons).
I saw in the jvc software environment setting, in my room the walls and ceiling is white do you recommend to that?
Maybe you recommend my to do more things that can improve the picture quality?
I heard about brightness repairs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
DLA-RS400 , DLA-RS500U

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page