AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Is old Hi-end ould be a good choice ? (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2514513-old-hi-end-ould-good-choice.html)

ndabunka 07-25-2016 07:47 PM

To get this thread back inline...
There are SO MANY different older projectors, that it can be difficult for many of us to be able to comprehend what might be a good option. A now discontinued $8,999 projector appears to be available under $1K is the Sony VPL-VW100.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-VPL-VW1...3D222192241233

zombie10k 07-25-2016 08:00 PM

The VW100 isn't bright and has very expensive lamps. I think they had start up issues that required a modifications. There's always a ton of those on ebay.

A solid buy would be the Runco LS3. .95 DLP one of the best under 10K projectors from the time period. Still looks great today but contrast is a good bit behind LCOS. The OEM lamps are still available for ~$100. also low lag time if gaming is of interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Runco-LightS...-/172191209621

zombie10k 07-25-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45589169)
That one needed one of the $800+ bulbs which would put it beyond the original $1K target. I see that I can buy the Sony VPL-HW30ES at around an average eBay price point of $650. I have no idea what I'd be loosing but that is almost 75% less than the current VPL-HW45ESs so that is a lot of savings there. I have NO IDEA what I'd be giving up but I do see that it has a HDMI port so I DO know that I would at least migrate from a component cable to HDMI with that unit.

The HW30 is a decent projector for that price point, I owned one years ago. It's about 1/2 the brightness of the HW45 and doesn't have reality creation processing which creates the perception of a sharper image. My friend still has one of these as his main projector in his HT.

not a bad buy for that price if it ships with a good lamp.

Stereodude 07-26-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45550377)
Write up a business plan and sell it to some investors.

Personally, I look forward to seeing his Kickstarter campaign.

Ruined 07-26-2016 10:38 AM

While we are talking DLP, dont forget the current killer AVS powerbuy on a recently released 1000 calibrated lumens 0.95" LED DLP. If you have a 150" or under screen of modest gain one of best still in production under 10k DLPs w/ 5yr warranty:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rojectors.html

airscapes 07-26-2016 03:58 PM

Have you checked the classified??
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-front-projector/

ndabunka 07-26-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airscapes (Post 45607673)
Have you checked the classified??
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-front-projector/

The "problem" with the classifieds and most used models is that is seems that most all sellers are wanting $1,500 for anything of significant quality for their used equipment. At that point, most would simply pay a few hundred more for the NEW, fully warranted Sony 45ES or Epson 5030s.

I guess that is really what this thread is all about though. Seems that you can buy an older used JVC for between $1,500 & $2,200 that often has no warranty or you can pick up new, old stock modern non-JVC-level projectors that deliver 95% of the features & capabilities for right around that same price point so ...why bother with used high end when you can buy 95% new for the same price?

erkq 07-26-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45608105)
...or you can pick up new, old stock modern non-JVC-level projectors that deliver 95% of the features & capabilities for right around that same price point so ...why bother with used high end when you can buy 95% new for the same price?

It's hard to find something selling for cheaper than a JVC that provides "95% of the features & capabilities for right around that same price point". 95% of the contrast? Not even close. 95% of the brightness? No, again. 95% of the P3 color? No. 95% of the HDR capability? No. 95% of JVC's excellent color tracking? No. What non-JVC-level projectors are you thinking of?

I just ask, because as an RS500 owner, I've never seen anything that approaches the 95% level of the JVC that costs the same or less.

ndabunka 07-26-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45608433)
It's hard to find something selling for cheaper than a JVC that provides "95% of the features & capabilities for right around that same price point". 95% of the contrast? Not even close. 95% of the brightness? No, again. 95% of the P3 color? No. 95% of the HDR capability? No. 95% of JVC's excellent color tracking? No. What non-JVC-level projectors are you thinking of?

I just ask, because as an RS500 owner, I've never seen anything that approaches the 95% level of the JVC that costs the same or less.

Sigh
JVC's are excellent products so no argument there. However, you cut off the portion that shows the NEW projectors that are around the same price as the USED JVCs. The Sony VPL-HW45ES & Epson 5030ub's are both available under $2K and most AVS members on here are MORE THAN HAPPY with their performance. Not everyone wants or is willing to pay for minor (to them) incremental features.

Please keep in mind that YOUR definition of 95% and others may vary. Audio/video gear has a pretty steep diminishing ROI. I remember "discussions" with audio purest who felt that you needed to spend $20K on speakers but the reality was that you could buy mid-level B&Ws for $2K to $4K and have 95% of the sound, features, etc. Same thing here, the $2K Sony & Epsons are FAR MORE than sufficient for most AVS enthusiast.

stanger89 07-26-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45608577)
Please keep in mind that YOUR definition of 95% and others may vary.

Well this is the whole problem, what are you expecting, especially in the high end forum? As you say, everyone's performance weighting differs. But I think you've found what some of us have been trying to tell you. If a projector produces good quality, it commands a "good" price, regardless of if it's new or used. Yes if you're willing to go used, you can save some money, but in general not a ton because people know what things are worth. That's why Sim2 Lumis' go for $5k still, and JVCs go for $1500+. You just can't get $5000 performance for $500 unless you're really, really lucky.

Quote:

JVC's are excellent products so no argument there. However, you cut off the portion that shows the NEW projectors that are around the same price as the USED JVCs. The Sony VPL-HW45ES & Epson 5030ub's are both available under $2K and most AVS members on here are MORE THAN HAPPY with their performance. Not everyone wants or is willing to pay for minor (to them) incremental features.
I would venture that most people who are happy with a Sony HW or Epson UB, that could afford a JVC, haven't seen one. There's a reason the JVCs are by far the most popular projectors on this forum.

Quote:

Audio/video gear has a pretty steep diminishing ROI. I remember "discussions" with audio purest who felt that you needed to spend $20K on speakers but the reality was that you could buy mid-level B&Ws for $2K to $4K and have 95% of the sound, features, etc. Same thing here, the $2K Sony & Epsons are FAR MORE than sufficient for most AVS enthusiast.
Speak for yourself.

ndabunka 07-26-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanger89 (Post 45610065)
Well this is the whole problem, what are you expecting, especially in the high end forum? As you say, everyone's performance weighting differs. But I think you've found what some of us have been trying to tell you. If a projector produces good quality, it commands a "good" price, regardless of if it's new or used. Yes if you're willing to go used, you can save some money, but in general not a ton because people know what things are worth. That's why Sim2 Lumis' go for $5k still, and JVCs go for $1500+. You just can't get $5000 performance for $500 unless you're really, really lucky.

I don't think anyone is thinking that they can buy a (working) JVC for $500.

Quote:

I would venture that most people who are happy with a Sony HW or Epson UB, that could afford a JVC, haven't seen one. There's a reason the JVCs are by far the most popular projectors on this forum.

You DO realize that there are a lot of dealers and enthusiast here that HAVE reviewed both ends of this equation, right? It is those experts/leaders that are saying that the Sony & Epson's are delivering a lot for the price point. They point out that one can spend 100% more ($4K instead of $2K) and get marginally better blacks with the JVCs but, as previously pointed out, there is a law of diminishing returns here.

Why pay 100% more for 5% better picture? Most wouldn't unless that $4K is more like a $20 bill to that particular person (e.g. the 1 percenters). But that is not the case for the majority of the public.

stanger89 07-26-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45610593)
I don't think anyone is thinking that they can buy a (working) JVC for $500.

Right, you were asking if you could get "high end" performance for well under $1000 by buying used, and I think everyone was saying no.

Quote:

You DO realize that there are a lot of dealers and enthusiast here that HAVE reviewed both ends of this equation, right? It is those experts/leaders that are saying that the Sony & Epson's are delivering a lot for the price point.
The key there is "for the price point".

Quote:

They point out that one can spend 100% more ($4K instead of $2K) and get marginally better blacks with the JVCs but, as previously pointed out, there is a law of diminishing returns here.
"marginally" is a value judgement that you're making.

Quote:

Why pay 100% more for 5% better picture? Most wouldn't unless that $4K is more like a $20 bill to that particular person (e.g. the 1 percenters). But that is not the case for the majority of the public.
Because for a lot of us who have seen both, it's not a 5% better picture, its much more than that. I won't fault anyone for their value judgements, but I will argue with those who try to rationalize their decision by pushing their own value judgements on others.

FWIW, I've had <$2000 projectors and <$5000 projectors, and I don't regret buying the more expensive ones. For me the improvement, whatever number you want to put on it, is worth the extra cost. I'm sure folks who have $10k+ projectors have found the same thing.

ndabunka 07-26-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

FWIW, I've had <$2000 projectors and <$5000 projectors, and I don't regret buying the more expensive ones. For me the improvement, whatever number you want to put on it, is worth the extra cost. I'm sure folks who have $10k+ projectors have found the same thing.

I think I may have confused the question as I had found a $1,500 projector for a rediculosly low price ($539) and put that information here in a different post. I did not mean to indicate that a $1,500 retail priced projector was ANYWHERE near the performance of a $5K JVC (or other) projector. I will delete that post in this thread so that we can retain the intend of this thread of determining if a used high end projector may be a viable option.

erkq 07-26-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45608577)
Sigh

Please keep in mind that YOUR definition of 95% and others may vary. Audio/video gear has a pretty steep diminishing ROI. I remember "discussions" with audio purest who felt that you needed to spend $20K on speakers but the reality was that you could buy mid-level B&Ws for $2K to $4K and have 95% of the sound, features, etc. Same thing here, the $2K Sony & Epsons are FAR MORE than sufficient for most AVS enthusiast.

It's different from the diminishing returns in high-end audio. And I've been an audio nut for 40 years or so. The high-end audio stuff really shows no difference in objective measurement. People instead describe the "dimensionallity", "openness", "timbre" and the like.

However, when you compare factual objective measurements between the JVCs and the Sonys and Epsons you mention, you'll find huge differences in performance. It seems the Sony is 1300 calibrated lumen, very respectable in its price class, but significantly less that 95% of my RS500's 1680 lumen calibrated output. The Sony's <10k native contrast is far less that 95% of my RS500's 37k native contrast with the iris wide open, mid-throw. And I'm not even going to go into the inferior Epson. There's no doubt the Sony is a good machine for the money but it's nowhere near 95% of the JVC, even the RS400. I have no doubt people are happy with it. But that doesn't mean it's 95% of the JVC. It's not even close.

ndabunka 07-26-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45613425)
It's different from the diminishing returns in high-end audio. And I've been an audio nut for 40 years or so. The high-end audio stuff really shows no difference in objective measurement. People instead describe the "dimensionallity", "openness", "timbre" and the like.

However, when you compare factual objective measurements between the JVCs and the Sonys and Epsons you mention, you'll find huge differences in performance. It seems the Sony is 1300 calibrated lumen, very respectable in its price class, but significantly less that 95% of my RS500's 1680 lumen calibrated output. The Sony's <10k native contrast is far less that 95% of my RS500's 37k native contrast with the iris wide open, mid-throw. And I'm not even going to go into the inferior Epson. There's no doubt the Sony is a good machine for the money but it's nowhere near 95% of the JVC, even the RS400. I have no doubt people are happy with it. But that doesn't mean it's 95% of the JVC. It's not even close.

There appear to be a number of JVC RS46 & RS50 models available used between $1K & $2K with reasonable lamp hours. I have read a few of the costly ballast replacement horror stories but not enough to keep me from avoiding these (mostly) out of warranty units... yet

I have also read that the RS46 has contrast approaching the RS500s but that was from someone trying to sell his so grain of salt there. I would be interested in learning from you your perception of the RS46 as well as the RS50 models. There even appears to be a 4910 near my max price point

stanger89 07-27-2016 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45613921)
I have also read that the RS46 has contrast approaching the RS500s but that was from someone trying to sell his so grain of salt there.

You're confusing model numbers (easy to do), the RS46 (X35) is pretty close to the RS49 (X500) in native contrast. The big benefit of the RS49 is the addition of a dynamic iris, which makes a large difference.

The RS500 (X750) is frankly in a different class, it's 50-60% brighter, and with maybe 5x the native contrast of the RS46/RS49, plus a DI, and apparently massively better 3D (second only to DLP).

Quote:

I would be interested in learning from you your perception of the RS46 as well as the RS50 models. There even appears to be a 4910 near my max price point
The RS46 or RS49 would both make a great option. I've heard the RS46 actually has lower lag than the newer models. I'd probably steer clear of the RS50, I believe that uses the older lamp design that people had trouble with. IMO, I'd stick with nothing older than an RS46, that's the first generation with the new lamp design that's proven to be very reliable and long lasting.

ndabunka 07-27-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanger89 (Post 45615529)
You're confusing model numbers (easy to do), the RS46 (X35) is pretty close to the RS49 (X500) in native contrast. The big benefit of the RS49 is the addition of a dynamic iris, which makes a large difference.The RS500 (X750) is frankly in a different class, it's 50-60% brighter, and with maybe 5x the native contrast of the RS46/RS49, plus a DI, and apparently massively better 3D (second only to DLP).

The RS46 or RS49 would both make a great option. I've heard the RS46 actually has lower lag than the newer models. I'd probably steer clear of the RS50, I believe that uses the older lamp design that people had trouble with. IMO, I'd stick with nothing older than an RS46, that's the first generation with the new lamp design that's proven to be very reliable and long lasting.

So the RS50 is OLDER than the RS46? By how much? A year, 5 years? Is there some type of logic there that alludes me? Why is the RS46 also referenced as an X35. Is three some type of "cheat sheet" available to help me diagnose these numbers?

I noticed that there is a RS49 and an RS4910. Why the additional 2 numbers? The current owner of the later is promoting it as being 4K-shift. Is the 4910 the most basic (& thus likely less expensive) 4K-shift JVC model?

In seeking a JVC that may still be within warranty, the person selling the RS4910 promoted the fact that is was UNDER WARRANTY but it's less than 6 months so it made me wonder if they weren't simply trying to dump it before their warranty expired. The LAST THING I want is to sink $'s into a more expensive (than $2K) projector that is running out of warranty and end up with even more potential future costs.

My preference is to buy new, old stock so that even if an item is 2 or 3 years old, the warranty itself is still viable. Often I don't care about the "latest & greatest" features that were recently added. Tech from 2014 or 2014 may be "just fine" for me.

erkq 07-27-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45613921)
There appear to be a number of JVC RS46 & RS50 models available used between $1K & $2K with reasonable lamp hours. I have read a few of the costly ballast replacement horror stories but not enough to keep me from avoiding these (mostly) out of warranty units... yet

I have also read that the RS46 has contrast approaching the RS500s but that was from someone trying to sell his so grain of salt there. I would be interested in learning from you your perception of the RS46 as well as the RS50 models. There even appears to be a 4910 near my max price point

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanger89 (Post 45615529)
You're confusing model numbers (easy to do), the RS46 (X35) is pretty close to the RS49 (X500) in native contrast. The big benefit of the RS49 is the addition of a dynamic iris, which makes a large difference.

The RS500 (X750) is frankly in a different class, it's 50-60% brighter, and with maybe 5x the native contrast of the RS46/RS49, plus a DI, and apparently massively better 3D (second only to DLP).

All I would add is that there was also an RS48 in there too. It's basically an RS49 w/o the dynamic iris.

But stranger is right... the current JVC crop is a total game-changer for JVC projectors and when I was carrying on about objective measurements, I was referring to the current generation. JVC has had good contrast but has been brightness challenged until now.

ndabunka 07-27-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45619593)
All I would add is that there was also an RS48 in there too. It's basically an RS49 w/o the dynamic iris.

But stranger is right... the current JVC crop is a total game-changer for JVC projectors and when I was carrying on about objective measurements, I was referring to the current generation. JVC has had good contrast but has been brightness challenged until now.

So you are saying that the RS46/48/49's are all "current" models. Got it. Thanks for the insight into the differentiation of the RS48.

The kids (13 & 20) are restricted to playing their games on the LED that sits in this room now. As with it's predecessor, this projector would be used ONLY for movies so any potential lag would not be an issue,

This is a fully light controlled room. While it does have two large windows, I also have light block-out framing on the roller shades and it is a fully closed (one double door in and out) so low-light projectors shoudl work fine in my target environment.

Noise IS an issue. The prior projector was an older unit that made a LOT of noise which was distracting during low-volume scenes. I don't need the 20dB "Sony VPL-HW45ES quiet" but would want to keep the decibels in the low 30's. I have read that the X35's can be loud (mid 30s) which may take those out of the equation

erkq 07-27-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45620649)
So you are saying that the RS46/48/49's are all "current" models. Got it. Thanks for the insight into the differentiation of the RS48.

The kids (13 & 20) are restricted to playing their games on the LED that sits in this room now. As with it's predecessor, this projector would be used ONLY for movies so any potential lag would not be an issue,

This is a fully light controlled room. While it does have two large windows, I also have light block-out framing on the roller shades and it is a fully closed (one double door in and out) so low-light projectors shoudl work fine in my target environment.

Noise IS an issue. The prior projector was an older unit that made a LOT of noise which was distracting during low-volume scenes. I don't need the 20dB "Sony VPL-HW45ES quiet" but would want to keep the decibels in the low 30's. I have read that the X35's can be loud (mid 30s) which may take those out of the equation

If you mean "competitive for the price" when you say "current", then, yeah... I guess those models are current. But, technically, the new RS400/500/600 models are the current JVCs. I never paid attention to noise ratings as I have a projection room. So I can't help there.

ndabunka 07-27-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45622113)
If you mean "competitive for the price" when you say "current", then, yeah... I guess those models are current. But, technically, the new RS400/500/600 models are the current JVCs. I never paid attention to noise ratings as I have a projection room. So I can't help there.

I do not expect to be able to buy even a refirb'd RS400/RS500/RS600 in my price point. No issue there, never expected to be able to do so. Your statement of "current generation" here is what I was referencing...
Quote:

Originally Posted by erkq (Post 45622113)

If the RS46/49s are still "brightness challenged" then perhaps it is only the greater contrast that differs them from the aforementioned Sony & Epsons. If that is the case, I may need to see one of these next to the current crop of projectors so that I can do my own analysis of "good enough".

I see that the RS4910s have the ability to do 4K eShift and although I don't currently have any such need, it could warrant a higher price point as a component of future-proofing my projector. I do realize that is not "true" 4K.

erkq 07-27-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45626761)

If the RS46/49s are still "brightness challenged" then perhaps it is only the greater contrast that differs them from the aforementioned Sony & Epsons. If that is the case, I may need to see one of these next to the current crop of projectors so that I can do my own analysis of "good enough".

The RS49 is definitely the brightest of the pre 4/5/600 crop. It may do well. I seriously considered it.

stanger89 07-27-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45626761)
I do not expect to be able to buy even a refirb'd RS400/RS500/RS600 in my price point. No issue there, never expected to be able to do so. Your statement of "current generation" here is what I was referencing...

Just to reiterate, the RS400/500/600 (X550/X750/X950) are the current models, anything else an older generation.

Quote:

As of about the RS46 generation, the JVCs have pretty good brightness. Wide open they can hit nearly 900 lumens, they're good for decent sized screens. They're actually among the brighter projectors once calibrated. They're brigher than the Epsons (in fully calibrated trim) but not as bright as the Sonys.

Quote:

I see that the RS4910s have the ability to do 4K eShift and although I don't currently have any such need, it could warrant a higher price point as a component of future-proofing my projector. I do realize that is not "true" 4K.
Be aware that they don't have HDCP 2.2, so they don't support Ultra HD Blu-ray, or really any commercial 4K source, out of the box. You need to add something like an HDFury Integral or Linker to be able to use them with commercial 4K.

ndabunka 07-28-2016 08:08 AM

I was a bit surprised at how low a used RS4910 with a mounting bracket & pole actually sold for. It was at tht tip-top of my $2K price max but I should have at least taken a stab at it. I decided to take a chance a RS46 listed on the bay and was almost immediately "out bid".

I made this decision after yet another disappointment this morning. I had found a Craigslisting for a new in the box VPL-HW40ES listed at a local Pawn shop for $1K. I could not call until this morning and learned that the owner had decided to keep it for himself. Just my luck. LOL

A few minutes ago I located a 3 year old Sony VPL-HW50ES that I am suppose to go look at in person tomorrow. I hope this is successful because, like others, I am starting to be drawn to the higher-end units which could put a real dent in my wallet. I like the JVC RS67s & the Sony's 65s. Both are anywhere from $500 to $1K more than my original target :eek:

zombie10k 07-28-2016 12:34 PM

The RS46 is a great projector, I still have one with 400 original hours i'll be offering soon on the forum. It's the first of the RS series with the new lamp that had a very good track record.

ndabunka 07-30-2016 01:03 AM

After seeing it in operation I decided to go ahead and buy the Sony so my decision has been made. I just wanted to thank those of you on this thread who gave me guidance.

It was a close match between the RS46 & the Sony and the current prices all in the same $1K to $1,300 range. The seller is going to 4K so he included a Darbee, a Cheif ceiling mount, 3 sets of Sony 3D glasse, a 50 foot HDMI cable as well as two extra generic bulbs. I will be setting it up over the weekend & posting my impressions either here or in a more appropriate thread (If such a thing exists. LOL)

rboster 07-30-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndabunka (Post 45693457)
After seeing it in operation I decided to go ahead and buy the Sony so my decision has been made. I just wanted to thank those of you on this thread who gave me guidance.

It was a close match between the RS46 & the Sony and the current prices all in the same $1K to $1,300 range. The seller is going to 4K so he included a Darbee, a Cheif ceiling mount, 3 sets of Sony 3D glasse, a 50 foot HDMI cable as well as two extra generic bulbs. I will be setting it up over the weekend & posting my impressions either here or in a more appropriate thread (If such a thing exists. LOL)

Congrats on your purchase. Yes, most models have their own dedicated thread for owners to post in

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rs-thread.html

ndabunka 07-30-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboster (Post 45696921)
Congrats on your purchase. Yes, most models have their own dedicated thread for owners to post in

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...rs-thread.html

Yep, I found it shortly after this prior post. I haven't seen anything in there (yet) about verifying the actual (instead of bulb) hours but it's a large thread so will likely take me a while. I might even find it on the projector itself when I am setting it up before I get back to that thread. Thanks for the guidance.

eriki71 10-30-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnauts (Post 45328409)
Hi, I have a Vivitek H5080 purchased from a member here and I wish move to a 3 DLP PJ, yes the grail.
Is some old glory could be still at the top today and superior to current cheapest mono DLP
I think on Sim2 C3X 1080 (DC4 but built looks cheap, a lot of plastic inside), Sim2HT5000 (DC3, heavy, no 1080p 24 ?) or Digital Projection 250 1080p (looks built as pro but according to someone I discussed with, reliability was not at the top, and less performance than Sim2 lumis) ?
Advice of owners would be appreciated.

Hello I just bought the same projector used. Vivitek H5080
The problem is that my projector heats a lot, almost no one can leave his hand
on where there is the lamp.
Can you tell me if also yours is like this ??
Maybe mine is bad
Thank you

pnauts 10-31-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriki71 (Post 47831577)
Hello I just bought the same projector used. Vivitek H5080
The problem is that my projector heats a lot, almost no one can leave his hand
on where there is the lamp.
Can you tell me if also yours is like this ??
Maybe mine is bad
Thank you

I'll check but I use it in high altitude mode with fans at max speed.
Perhaps you have also to clean a filter.
As long your PJ do not stop with warning light, it seems possible.