Official JVC RS520/RS620 (X7500/X9500) Owner's Thread - Page 131 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10166Likes

post #3901 of 5067 Old 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
As you point out, these projectors typically do have fairly good out of the box performance, so either you have a dud, or there is something incorrect in your setup. The best way to sort this out would be to post screen shots of the various Info Screens, showing what is being put out by each device in your chain: Bluray Player, AVR if there is one inbetween the Player and Projector, the Projector itself, etc. And screen shots of any of the main settings for these devices in the chain.

I know that's a bit of a pain, but I don't know any other way to systematically examine your setup and determine what's going wrong.
I bypassed my Marantz receiver and sent the signal directly to the projector, also tried two different bluray players (Samsung BDJ 7500 and Sony Sony UBP-X800) both of which provide a excellent picture on my HD1 projector, and two different HDMI cables. In all cases got the same result, so I'm quite certain the problem is either a setting in the projector or a defect.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 5067 Old 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3797 Post(s)
Liked: 1762
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Each situation will be different, and there will be differences even from one cable to the next.

If you've read these forums long enough, you'll see that in the vast majority of cases, the cables are responsible for a high percentage of the problems people are having.

That's why I said 99% rather than 100%!
Of course I've read just about every Thread pertaining to 4K Cable issues...since well before there were even "Certified" choices. I've stayed on the "bleeding edge" of connectivity issues since the differences between Component and DVI were being bantered about...( HDCP ) issues...and vetting most all cable for simple issues such as poor signal induced artifacts (sparklies -hash lines - drop outs)

As someone who does many installations, and must provide results that wok without exception, I feel my presented results count for a bit more than most singular reports, and such multiple accounts certainly discount them as being within a rarefied 1%.

And...I've been through the gamut of having tried many different Mfg HDMI cables...all of which naturally stated full 4K - 18 gb capability.
But when push came to shove.....none did the job when the PJ was remote enough from the 4K-HDR10 4:4:4 Signal source to require 20' + runs. And many even at 10' !!! Certification from HDMI.org counts for everything.

More & more Cable Mfg are stepping up...they do want the business. We all here serve a purpose...to vet the offerings and report our results. However to virtually dismiss everything in favor of expensive esoteric products (FO-HDMI) when the lengths involved are within 10-15% of known maximums doesn't do anyone any favors except leaving them worried enough to either spend considerably more, or spend enough time doing their own reseach to determine what does and does not work consistently enough to warrant using.

Myself, if my experience was a "one off" I would not speak with such assurance. Shucks...I wouldn't have even posted. But after 3 consecutive times...with excellent results, I feel I can do so and not look over my shoulder to see if the Forum axe is about to fall.
DLCPhoto likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #3903 of 5067 Old 11-30-2017, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 12674 Post(s)
Liked: 10303
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
I disagree. Recently over 3 separate x570r installations where all required just over 30' running length from Rack to PJ, using "Certified HDMI" cables I coupled a 25'er with a 6'er with Zero issues (incl w/Coupler) And that doesn't included the Certified 3'ers used between the 4K Signal Sources and the Receiver.

I won't say that with the first attempt I wasn't concerned, but once it went though with no glitches, I proceeded to go forth with impunity.

BTW, there are less expensive Certified Cables available now than the Monoprice with the 25'ers coming in at $17.99 instead of $31.65+

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS6HYJW/
What did you test with a 4K UHD BD playing HDR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3904 of 5067 Old 11-30-2017, 05:22 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 282 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3797 Post(s)
Liked: 1762
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
What did you test with a 4K UHD BD playing HDR?
The "linked to" 25' HDMI by Cable Matters coupled with a 6'er...same Mfg. 3' MonoPrice. All HDMI.Org Certified.

Sony UBP-X800 as signal source

At least 3 different Ultra HD 4k Titles.

Nary a hiccup

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #3905 of 5067 Old 11-30-2017, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Anyone have any recommendations for an ISF Calibrator in the SF Bay Area who is an expert with JVC (I have the 520)? Feel free to PM if that's more appropriate and thanks in advance.
post #3906 of 5067 Old 12-01-2017, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I know I'm pretty late to this party, but I just received my RS-520 yesterday (thanks Mike Garrett), and hope to install it over the next couple of days. I spent my evening last night de-installing my old, but trusty Panasonic PT-AE4000U, and am hoping for great things out of my new projector. I will be installing it onto the ceiling, as was my Panny, about 15-16 feet away from a 115" Seymour 2.35:1 AT screen, and before I get this thing mounted, was wondering if there is anything that I need to be aware of prior to getting it in place? I've been reading through as much of this thread as possible over the last week, but 131 pages is a lot of reading. I've read quite a bit of the technical stuff from a few of you, but a good bit of that is way over my head. How is this thing right out of the box? I built my dedicated theater a few years ago, and have been enjoying it very much, but I have a lot more expertise (if you can call it that) in building stuff than in calibrating and adjusting audio and video equipment. I will b pairing it up with my Oppo BDP-103 for the time being, until I get a BDP-203 in the hopefully not too distant future. Like I said, hoping for great things.
Mike Garrett likes this.
post #3907 of 5067 Old 12-01-2017, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
While you may have a defective unit, my guess is that you just haven't found settings that work for you. The 1080p picture on my unit and other RSx20 (and RSx00 for that matter) projectors I have seen has been great. Better than what I enjoyed with my RS46, so don't give up hope. Things I would start with:

- Select a user setting to change (User 1)
- Set the lens aperture to -7 to -10 depending on screen size and desired brightness, then change to Auto 2 (this enables the Dynamic Iris and sets the max brightness)
- Set the color space to Standard, temp to 6500K
- Set the advanced picture settings to Clear Black Low, Enhance 2, Smooth 0, NR 0. Motion Enhance OFF, CMD OFF, Graphic Mode 2K, eShift on or off (I prefer on)
- Set the Gamma to Custom and select 2.4 or 2.5
- Set the brightness to eliminate any crush (+1 - +3)
- Set color to desired saturation (mine was about -8 before calibration yours may vary)

Feel free to experiment. Those settings made a pretty darn nice picture before calibration.
Thanks for the suggestion, going to try it tonight.
Anyone have setting suggestions for the "cinema" picture mode?

Mark
post #3908 of 5067 Old 12-01-2017, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollon1980 View Post
Oh and I can confirm low latency mode is indeed broken with the Xbox one x. Wonder if they actually test anything before they install it on the units. Shame on them at this point! Shame on them! :-/
Hi, can you clarify if this low latency mode issue is *just* with the Xbox One X, or with any game console (like a PS4 Pro) outputting 4k?

I have been considering sending in my projector for the CMD fix, but if I understand this thread correctly, sounds like might not be the right thing to do if I'm a heavy gamer (at least right now). True?

Thanks for any input!
post #3909 of 5067 Old 12-01-2017, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrignaud View Post
Hi, can you clarify if this low latency mode issue is *just* with the Xbox One X, or with any game console (like a PS4 Pro) outputting 4k?

I have been considering sending in my projector for the CMD fix, but if I understand this thread correctly, sounds like might not be the right thing to do if I'm a heavy gamer (at least right now). True?

Thanks for any input!
It’s with any source that outputs 4k. Sorry about the confusion. Oh and also apparently with 1080p if you turn on eshift and low latency? But I can’t confirm this.
avrignaud likes this.
post #3910 of 5067 Old 12-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
The "linked to" 25' HDMI by Cable Matters coupled with a 6'er...same Mfg. 3' MonoPrice. All HDMI.Org Certified.

Sony UBP-X800 as signal source

At least 3 different Ultra HD 4k Titles.

Nary a hiccup
That is not a test of the cable. If you have the player setup to output the toughest signal it can send, then you would have the player set to 4:4:4 and 12 bit. That would still only be 13.4Gbps. So while that worked, as soon as the owner tries to use something like netflix 4K 60P HDR (4:2:2 12 bit), then most likely he will have a blank screen, because now he will be trying to send a 17.8Gbps signal and your joined cables have almost no shot of sending that down the pipeline.

You really need to test using higher bandwidth signal, using Billy Lynn long walk home or a 60P 4K HDR streaming.
DLCPhoto and Maddog56 like this.
post #3911 of 5067 Old 12-02-2017, 12:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Quote:

Thanks for any input!
Which is why I haven't sent mine in yet. Hold off until it is confirmed that they have a version that does not brake Low lag mode otherwise you may kiss goodbye to 4K gaming.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #3912 of 5067 Old 12-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Which is why I haven't sent mine in yet. Hold off until it is confirmed that they have a version that does not brake Low lag mode otherwise you may kiss goodbye to 4K gaming.
Thank you both! Really disappointing - I had thought we’d finally found the perfect projector for dual gamers/movie buffs such as myself. Guess we’ll see if both issues can be fixed.

Question, since we have savvy folks in the space here. I generally love this projector, but expect to move to a native 4K one in future. However, I absolutely need the lumens (large screen) and low latency support. Are there any rumors of JVC or others (Sony?) coming out with a new 4K projector that will basically be the new, perfect projector of 2018? Especially interested in if JVC can deliver basically this RS620 but with same or brighter lamp and native 4k support.
post #3913 of 5067 Old 12-02-2017, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you both! Really disappointing - I had thought we’d finally found the perfect projector for dual gamers/movie buffs such as myself. Guess we’ll see if both issues can be fixed.

Question, since we have savvy folks in the space here. I generally love this projector, but expect to move to a native 4K one in future. However, I absolutely need the lumens (large screen) and low latency support. Are there any rumors of JVC or others (Sony?) coming out with a new 4K projector that will basically be the new, perfect projector of 2018? Especially interested in if JVC can deliver basically this RS620 but with same or brighter lamp and native 4k support.
Those are the things we all wonder about ... however take a look at the Sony 760ES, looking very promising and given this is now a native laser from the competition something from JVC should follow soon IMO just the same way as the 760 followed the 5000ES something logically should come after the Z1.
Highjinx likes this.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #3914 of 5067 Old 12-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:

It is the perfect projector JVC just had a hiccup.. They will fix it the problem but now they need to pay the price lol They need to start sending updates to all current projectors...
post #3915 of 5067 Old 12-02-2017, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
It is the perfect projector JVC just had a hiccup.. They will fix it the problem but now they need to pay the price lol They need to start sending updates to all current projectors...
Well given JVC's track record of fixing bugs via FW don't hold your breath, instead expect a new model release
Mike_WI likes this.

post #3916 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Thanks for any input!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollon1980 View Post
It’s with any source that outputs 4k. Sorry about the confusion. Oh and also apparently with 1080p if you turn on eshift and low latency? But I can’t confirm this.
I can confirm 100% that the Low Latency issue (in the x70/x20 series) applies to all content regardless of source where eshift and low latency are both on. There is a wealth of information on the issue in the following linked thread with this link going directly to what I think might be the issue based on the testing I have done on my own unit, testing on a demo unit at a JVC dealer and info I collected from other people with the same issue. The evidence points to either the CMD fix or some update that was applied the same time as the CMD fix causing the Low Latency issue. Please Note: For anyone reading about this issue for the first time, the Low Latency issue has only been observed in the x70/x20 series that have received the CMD fix.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post55223526

I know sometimes **** happens but it feels like this sort of thing should have been caught with some better testing. I.E. The developer and the tester for a change should never be the same person. And a fix should never be deployed without thourough testing.

Knight.

Last edited by Knightdriver; 12-03-2017 at 09:29 AM.
post #3917 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdriver View Post
I can confirm 100% that the Low Latency issue applies to all content regardless of source where eshift and low latency are both on. There is a wealth of information on the issue in the following linked thread with this link going directly to what I think might be the issue based on the testing I have done on my own unit, testing on a demo unit at a JVC dealer and info I collected from other people with the same issue. The evidence points to either the CMD fix or some update that was applied the same time as the CMD fix causing the Low Latency issue.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post55223526

I know sometimes **** happens but it feels like this sort of thing should have been caught with some better testing. I.E. The developer and the tester for a change should never be the same person. And a fix should never be deployed without thourough testing.

Knight.
...and they can't even say this was a rush job
Totally unacceptable.

post #3918 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
JVC can't send a firmware update to correct the CMD banding. That firmware update is done internally, taking the projector apart to get to the internal systems to make the needed changes. The guy on here from Taiwan, that said his dealer did this for him, you should have checked his facebook page. It took you to a link where a picture was taken of the process. The projector was shown all taken apart. I wonder where the dealer got the special jig (wiring harness) to be able to make the changes? Not many of those jigs exist.
post #3919 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:

Things always seem to take longer than you expect. Everyone thought JVC would introduce a 4K lamp based projector this year and it did not happen. Maybe JVC introduces a laser based E-shift, next year? JVC, Sony and Epson keep it pretty quiet, as far as what is going to happen in the future, so I would not expect to hear anything more than speculation. Which is what happens ever year and most of the time, that speculation is wrong.
post #3920 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 2313
Quote:
. The guy on here from Taiwan, that said his dealer did this for him, you should have checked his facebook page..
Mike, could you please provide a link to this.....most curious.. Thanks..
post #3921 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 7094 Post(s)
Liked: 8423
Quote:

Check back in 8 months ( unless something comes out at CES - highly doubtful ).
avrignaud likes this.

[email protected] JVC RS4500, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Panamorph Paladin DCR lens, Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreens - 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST130 & 122" diagonal 16:9 Cima Neve, Denon X8500, Parasound A 52+ amp, Martin Logan Motion series 9.4 speakers, four SVS subs, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 203, PFP M1500 UPS

Last edited by Craig Peer; 12-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
post #3922 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
Mike, could you please provide a link to this.....most curious.. Thanks..
Guy went in and edited his posts, removing everything, so I do not have it. I suspect he was not supposed to post it. I just knew that people read it and were thinking that it could be done by a firmware update, because this guy got it done, but it was not a regular firmware update.
post #3923 of 5067 Old 12-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
JVC can't send a firmware update to correct the CMD banding. That firmware update is done internally, taking the projector apart to get to the internal systems to make the needed changes. The guy on here from Taiwan, that said his dealer did this for him, you should have checked his facebook page. It took you to a link where a picture was taken of the process. The projector was shown all taken apart. I wonder where the dealer got the special jig (wiring harness) to be able to make the changes? Not many of those jigs exist.

I'm lucky I haven't sent mines in but here the problem that I'm having.. I no longer have the box the projector came in its been almost a year since I bought it and the box is gone.. If they would ship me a box I would pay for it but what does the normal costumer like me supposed to do.. Put this costly piece of equipment in a box, ship it and maybe have it break during shipping? Most costumers don't keep their boxes and then I have to pay for shipping for something that's really their fault..

I looked into packaging this thing a while back but it was around 150 dollars to do it right plus the cost of shipping.. If they would provide costumers with boxes (again its their fault not mines) then it will be a lot easier for me and many others..

Last edited by jorgebetancourt; 12-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.
post #3924 of 5067 Old 12-04-2017, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Hey guys,

I just wrote a guide on how to use the Arve tool in case any of you guys are scared to jump in to the tool and need some guidance.

Arve Tool Instructions
Javs,

Quick question on your guide regarding the Custom Gamma 1-3....

I just loaded the two custom gammas for 1000nit and 4000nit and have a question.

When I first set up my 520, I set up SDR using User1 and Custom Gamma 1... I belive I just slected Custom Gamma1, and set it to 2.3 or 2.4....

I forgot I had done a User setup using Custom Gamma 1, and just loaded 1000nit and 4000nit in Custom Gamma1 and Custom Gamma2. So I'm guessing I screwed up my User1 SDR setting since it was using Custom Gamma 1?

Is there any way to get that setting back so I can upload the HDR Custom Gammas into Gamma2 and Gamma3?

I don't really like talking about my flair
post #3925 of 5067 Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Hey guys,

I just wrote a guide on how to use the Arve tool in case any of you guys are scared to jump in to the tool and need some guidance.

Arve Tool Instructions
Thanks again for this guide.

Once the curves are uploaded, does it require the projector to be shut down and restarted or anything...or do they now just work when those particular Gamma's are selected in a User Setting??

I don't really like talking about my flair
post #3926 of 5067 Old 12-05-2017, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Does a rs420 make sense in this room? - currently running sony 40es:

Only used at night time, and with next to no ambient light - for mostly netflix 4k (20-25Mbit quality - movies and documentaries). The reflection on the closets under the screen is by far the most important to adress. And i plan to use a roll of 150*24 protostar on the closets while watching movies:
http://www.protostar.biz/flock.htm
Is it overkill? Anymore suggestions for light control? - i am not painting walls
The room is actually very good for projection imo.

Just to make sure a rs420/5500 will display ultra hd content from netflix using a chromecast ultra (via denon avr 4300) ? I mean does the rs420 say its a 4k projector to netflix?
post #3927 of 5067 Old 12-05-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 2197 Post(s)
Liked: 1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumme View Post
Does a rs420 make sense in this room? - currently running sony 40es:

Only used at night time, and with next to no ambient light - for mostly netflix 4k (20-25Mbit quality - movies and documentaries). The reflection on the closets under the screen is by far the most important to adress. And i plan to use a roll of 150*24 protostar on the closets while watching movies:
http://www.protostar.biz/flock.htm
Is it overkill? Anymore suggestions for light control? - i am not painting walls
The room is actually very good for projection imo.

Just to make sure a rs420/5500 will display ultra hd content from netflix using a chromecast ultra (via denon avr 4300) ? I mean does the rs420 say its a 4k projector to netflix?

The RS420 will identify as 4K HDR capable. You won't have any issues with placement. Putting down dark material to control reflections from the cabinets is a good move. As for the rest, do you see a lot of ambient reflection with the angles of the ceilings and walls? It doesn't look like you would. If you do, black felt attached to the wall/ceiling or movable panels would be my suggestion.

You will see a very nice bump in picture quality over the Sony.
krumme likes this.

post #3928 of 5067 Old 12-05-2017, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
The RS420 will identify as 4K HDR capable. You won't have any issues with placement. Putting down dark material to control reflections from the cabinets is a good move. As for the rest, do you see a lot of ambient reflection with the angles of the ceilings and walls? It doesn't look like you would. If you do, black felt attached to the wall/ceiling or movable panels would be my suggestion.

You will see a very nice bump in picture quality over the Sony.
Thanx!
Besides the top og the cabinets that constitute like 80% of the problem, priority two is as i can tell the first aprox 20-24inch of the ceiling above the screen due to proximity. Attaching removable black felt could be a solution. Good idea.
Then the white area above projector is the next step.
The brick wall and ceiling is very low reflexity. The floor is worse as its not matte but covering first like 18-24 inch on the cabinett that close to the screen will kind of fix the problem as reflections is then only relevant from aprox 40-60inch out from wall.

I really like blacks but will never sit in my basement in a black cave. Does it make sense to go up to rs520 for level black level im this room with cabinett covered?

Can this type of black felt be used?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...FUL&ref=plSrch

Last edited by krumme; 12-05-2017 at 09:29 AM.
post #3929 of 5067 Old 12-05-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 2197 Post(s)
Liked: 1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumme View Post
Thanx!
Besides the top og the cabinets that constitute like 80% of the problem, priority two is as i can tell the first aprox 20-24inch of the ceiling above the screen due to proximity. Attaching removable black felt could be a solution. Good idea.
Then the white area above projector is the next step.
The brick wall and ceiling is very low reflexity. The floor is worse as its not matte but covering first like 18-24 inch on the cabinett that close to the screen will kind of fix the problem as reflections is then only relevant from aprox 40-60inch out from wall.

I really like blacks but will never sit in my basement in a black cave. Does it make sense to go up to rs520 for level black level im this room with cabinett covered?
It would be a tough call. The 520 will give you a P3/BT2020 filter and deliver basically the whole color gamut for 4K. The RS420 lacks this and delivers around 80% of the colorspace (still good). It's questionable whether you would see the contrast advantage of the 520 in that room. Just going with my gut I would say you would see some, but not what you would in a room with better light control. Wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but it's really up to you whether the advantages are worth the cost. I do feel the 520 would look better, but I'm not sure it's enough to justify the cost. If you're going to keep the unit for a while and that little voice would be nagging you about what you could have, then a closeout 520 may be worth it. If you're not the type to be bothered by what you may be missing, the 420 will look great.
krumme likes this.

post #3930 of 5067 Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I'm lucky I haven't sent mines in but here the problem that I'm having.. I no longer have the box the projector came in its been almost a year since I bought it and the box is gone.. If they would ship me a box I would pay for it but what does the normal costumer like me supposed to do.. Put this costly piece of equipment in a box, ship it and maybe have it break during shipping? Most costumers don't keep their boxes and then I have to pay for shipping for something that's really their fault..

I looked into packaging this thing a while back but it was around 150 dollars to do it right plus the cost of shipping.. If they would provide costumers with boxes (again its their fault not mines) then it will be a lot easier for me and many others..
JVC, nor SONY, nor Epson have empty boxes to send. Every projector box that comes to America has a projector in it, no empties. I think you will find on AVS that most everybody keeps their box. You can take your projector to a UPS store and have them pack it.
Maddog56 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page